Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It's a shame the Netflix series characters will never appear in the movies because a Black Widow/Punisher teamup/buddy murder movie would be fun.

Yeah, that's animated features only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Daredevil/Spider-Man is such a great pair because Murdoch acts like such a dad the whole time and eventually Peter is like “wait you’re only like 4 years older than me?”

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Daredevil/Spider-Man is such a great pair because Murdoch acts like such a dad the whole time and eventually Peter is like “wait you’re only like 4 years older than me?”

And Matt's all giving Spidey sage advice, and Spiderman's "Hey, I got invited to the Avengers, and I said no."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Field Mousepad posted:

He's not part of the marvel universe though. If you had him next to a god, an unstoppable living tank and billion dollar tech suit man I would have said the same thing about him.

Can say the same thing about Batman though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Really, humans shouldn't be involved in galactic combat to begin with. Either you're an alien, a robot, or a demon. No armor, genetic abnormalities, magic, or energy concentrated into a physical form as a crutch.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

The difference between Batman & Tony Stark is that while Stark has the very real demons of ego, alcoholism and being too overprotective at times, Batman has, (at least since Frank Miller) had severe clinical paranoia and schizophrenia, leaving him to be enter this weird hyper focused period where he figures out how he’d kill the rest of the Justice League. There was supposedly a story from the early 00’s that was like Vision or something merges with the bat computer for reasons and he accidentally sees all of Batman’s contingency plans and he tries to warn Superman and Clark is like “yeah that’s just Bruce, and if he ever pops off Me and Green Lantern have already promised to just throw him into the sun before he kills all of us”.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The difference between Batman & Tony Stark is that while Stark has the very real demons of ego, alcoholism and being too overprotective at times, Batman has, (at least since Frank Miller) had severe clinical paranoia and schizophrenia, leaving him to be enter this weird hyper focused period where he figures out how he’d kill the rest of the Justice League. There was supposedly a story from the early 00’s that was like Vision or something merges with the bat computer for reasons and he accidentally sees all of Batman’s contingency plans and he tries to warn Superman and Clark is like “yeah that’s just Bruce, and if he ever pops off Me and Green Lantern have already promised to just throw him into the sun before he kills all of us”.

No, my point was, is Black Widow is superfluous to The Avengers because of Thor and others, then Justice League, which has a god, the world's fastest man, and 2 Supermen, why would you need a guy who dresses like a bat?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Davros1 posted:

No, my point was, is Black Widow is superfluous to The Avengers because of Thor and others, then Justice League, which has a god, the world's fastest man, and 2 Supermen, why would you need a guy who dresses like a bat?

The old cartoons basically used his money as the excuse, someone gotta pay for poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just make John Wick but with black widow instead

Just make her mow down a lot of goons and fight a lot of goons, a lot of times

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

If it was exactly this but with literally zero male characters and larger emphasis on brutal melee take downs, it’d be a smash

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

You are RIGHT! Batman is NOT a part of the Marvel Universe! Yay you!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Samizdata posted:

You are RIGHT! Batman is NOT a part of the Marvel Universe! Yay you!

Are you sure?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Are you sure?

One crossover doesn't count. I mean, Batman also had a crossover with Judge Dredd. Doesn't make him a part of the 2000AD universe or Dredd part of the DCU.

EDIT: Before you say Pics Or It Didn't Happen, here's a cover.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 10, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Samizdata posted:

One crossover doesn't count. I mean, Batman also had a crossover with Judge Dredd. Doesn't make him a part of the 2000AD universe or Dredd part of the DCU.

EDIT: Before you say Pics Or It Didn't Happen, here's a cover.

2000AD does consider all crossovers to be in official Dredd continuity.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Don't make me go check this. (I DO know a writer for 2000AD.)

Besides, if Bats really was part of the 2000AD continuity, he would be there for more than just one-off crossovers.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I think you could do a lot with a Black Widow movie like this or with Fraction's Hawkguy but it'd end up being a pretty weird fit to the rest of the MCU.

One minute it's all jokes and laughs with the rest of the Avengers as they beat up some robots and then next minute she's got some guys balls strapped to a car battery while the rest of the team is just going :stare:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Davros1 posted:

Because Batman aside the rest of the League are raging idiots. Someone needs to point them in the right direction. Black Widow doesn't have that same role on her team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She should in the MCU. MCU Cap is not a good leader or especially smart.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Tony's smart, and Thor's a good leader.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Aphrodite posted:

She should in the MCU. MCU Cap is not a good leader or especially smart.

Isn't that why they have Tony Stark?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tony quit the Avengers after Ultron, and Thor left. Widow should have been in charge then instead of Cap.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Black widow’s main function is as a spy. Spies are useful. For being a thread about fictional characters, a lot of the people posting are very unimaginative.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

One crossover doesn't count.

Batman and TMNT are onto like their third crossover now in as many years so that's good now right??

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Davros1 posted:

Are you sure?

I don't really get why Batman glares at him for mentioning Superman? That seems... odd.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Tony is a terrible leader.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Batman and TMNT are onto like their third crossover now in as many years so that's good now right??

Really? Wow. Still normally crossover though, even IF one universe is desperate to raise revenues...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I love that one of the apocalypses that ravaged part of Mega City One was a xenomorph infestation. And that they were directly responsible for the disbanding of Stormwatch and the formation of the Authority over in Wildstorm.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

How long are you all going to debate if a black widow movie is possible?

There are literally a thousand spy movies to prove that it’s possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spy movies don’t usually end with a 3rd act boss fight.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Sometimes they do!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Against a god-level enemy.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Ant-Man was technically a spy movie

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Aphrodite posted:

Mallory Kane has to defeat Magneto, GI Joe Duke, and a Jedi in Haywire.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
James Bond?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

James Bond only occasionally has a fight with the bad guy.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Enter the dragon has some things similar to a spy movie

Edit: so does police story

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would think Black Widow would be a backstory movie or something anyway.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dexo posted:

James Bond?

Goldeneye but Black Widow would work pretty well

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GoldenEye except Xenia has been replaced with Widow and she kills Bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Billzasilver posted:

How long are you all going to debate if a black widow movie is possible?

There are literally a thousand spy movies to prove that it’s possible.

I still hold out hope that one day I will see a She Hulk movie which is a gritty courtroom drama like A Few Good Men but with interdimensional aliens instead of jarheads.