Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Snapped this at JAEPO, he had monitors on both sides playing trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

pwn posted:

Same here. The last system I had bought was the Gamecube. Lost interest in gaming around 2005. I never even finished Mario Sunshine or Wind Waker. I don’t really care about games anymore and I can’t stand gaming :airquote: culture :airquote:, but the Switch looked really promising, I wanted to play the new Zelda and Mario, and I had the money, so now I own a $300 Mario and Zelda machine.

What games did you like on the GameCube/other consoles you had before that? Chances are there are some indie games on the Switch that are similar to those games that you’d enjoy as well.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

In SMO you can play fetch with the dog. On the moon.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I dunno if this helps but Dandara is also a phone game - it felt like it targeted touch controls first. Does it control ok on joycon?

It works okay. The trick to going fast is to point roughly in the direction you want to go and let the autoaim do most of the work for you. Dodging poo poo you need to do manually but it's more about timing than speed. The jump itself is almost instantaneous, so you've got all the time in the world to line one up.

I'm through to what I think is the last region now. Game is loving short.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

.Z. posted:

And then he got a brain tumor.

Cluster Truck looks like it would be rad in VR. Clearly could be played on a PSVR easily if it can run on a Switch. They could even adjust the logo to be Cluster VRuck.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Chicken Horse when

They’re teasing us
https://twitter.com/clevendeavgames/status/960556122439671809

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm so sick of people trying to buy child brides!

Gonna name her the standard Ratbaby in Yo Gabba Gabba Smash this fall

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
whats with all these announcements, was there a direct i missed?

too many games on the switch too little time and money.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vikar Jerome posted:

whats with all these announcements, was there a direct i missed?

too many games on the switch too little time and money.

NIS America and Tinybuild did announcement videos

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The Bloop posted:

Chicken Horse when

My dude!!!!

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

.Z. posted:

Whats with his hand?

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011
Finished Dandara. Started feeling a little bit better with the movement, but still not great. And as someone said before, it felt like things were just sort of picking up when it ends. I'll say, it certainly didn't give me the fun Metroid vibes of getting a new movement ability and reexploring to find secrets. It may as well have been linear and level based for all the 'open' world did for it.

Complaints aside, I did spend like eleven hours on it, so there is certainly some level of fun to be had. But lots of frustration, for me at least, to go along with it as well, by way of the movement mechanic.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Just when I think I’m out THEY PULL ME RIGHT BACK IN

...who am I kidding, I’ve probably already missed the preorders

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Gorgolflox posted:

Whats with his hand?

that’s a plushie

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Some decent Switch deals at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...Deals%7EOn+Sale

LEGO city undercover is really tempting at that price.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Welp, thread said Dragon Quest Builders was like Minecraft but with guidelines and objectives. Demo sold me within minutes, here goes the day..

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Chicken Horse is my poo poo. I'm gonna feel bad for my friends when it finally drops and all the time I've spent playing Celeste has made me an unbeatable platforming machine.

Speaking of Celeste, I'd really like to finish the B-Sides and unlock the C-Sides, but the wind level was really not great and I'm not looking forward to playing through that stage again.

Mercenary Kings is a really fun game if you know what you're gonna be getting out of it. I played it a few years back, but it's a good cooldown from Celeste for when I want to throw my loving controller through a window and just want to casually explode some dudes. Granted, the visual style is enough to make up for it's repetitive level design but I'm a complete Paul Robertson homer so I tend to like Tribute games more than I probably should and more than they probably deserve (looking at you Curses N' Chaos.) That said, Flinthook on the Switch is gonna be bonkers.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Why yes I'll take Yakuza Kiwami for 15 bucks.

Mario + Rabbids is like Advance Wars, right?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Fuzz posted:

Modern XCOM.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Fuzz posted:

Why yes I'll take Yakuza Kiwami for 15 bucks.

No, it's more like x-com with no permadeath and a simplified hit rate mechanic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dragon Quest Builders looks neat but I think I'll just wait for 2, I have enough on the backlog

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Did I hallucinate or is Bayonetta 1 + 2 coming to the switch as a bundle? I can't find it on Best Buy's website and I wanted to use my gamer's club to grab it for my husband's birthday.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Bean posted:

Did I hallucinate or is Bayonetta 1 + 2 coming to the switch as a bundle? I can't find it on Best Buy's website and I wanted to use my gamer's club to grab it for my husband's birthday.

In EU you buy Bayonetta 2 and get a download code, or you can buy them separately digital looks like.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Amazon has the bayo2 cart + bayo1 download code.
https://www.amazon.com/Bayonetta-Physical-Game-Card-Digital-Download/dp/B077ZGRQM2

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Also if anyone missed Necrodancer when it came out on PC, buy it here. The port is perfect and I love it. It's my favourite roguelite.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Oh poo poo time to buy my first amiibo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Has the pre-order for those not been announced yet or am I blind on where to go

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bean posted:

Yeah it’s just listed as Bayonetta 2 on the website. But it definitely includes the download code for the first game. It’s actually featured in their ad this week.

Logic
Jan 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dragon Quest Builders looks neat but I think I'll just wait for 2, I have enough on the backlog

I was going to do the same, then I downloaded the demo......

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macaluso posted:

Has the pre-order for those not been announced yet or am I blind on where to go

They were just announced this morning and there's no specific release date yet

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Someone on my friends list has played 5 hours of the just dance 2018 demo, I can't even comprehend dancing/ or listening to 24K magic by Bruno Mars for that long. It's gotta be a cry for help.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

nerd_of_prey posted:

Someone on my friends list has played 5 hours of the just dance 2018 demo, I can't even comprehend dancing/ or listening to 24K magic by Bruno Mars for that long. It's gotta be a cry for help.

you said you wouldn't tell anyone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Switch boot rom was recently compromised. All tegra x1s have the vulnerability baked in. Homebrewers/pirates rejoice, nintendo firmware cant patch this, the bad code runs the moment you power on and before nintendos os starts up.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Is there anything Nintendo can do to prevent people from going online with hacked Switches?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They can probably detect it and disable features in the os, even if they can’t patch it out of the os

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Finally I can play Super Mario World on the Nintendo Switch

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Is there anything Nintendo can do to prevent people from going online with hacked Switches?

Nintendo managed to detect and permaban nearly all hacked 3DSes eventually, and it's safe to assume that they will try to do that again with the Switch.

Hackers can try to spoof or disable the detection methods Nintendo uses of course, but nobody ever figured out exactly how they detected hacked 3DSes so I wouldn't count on it.

repiv fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 11, 2018

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Also, carts have encryption between them and the switch. So it may not be possible to get any kind of mSD cart thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mahoning posted:

Yeah it’s just listed as Bayonetta 2 on the website. But it definitely includes the download code for the first game. It’s actually featured in their ad this week.
Physical is 2 with a code for 1 and digital is 1 and 2 separate but you get a discount on one if you buy the other first.

Or something insane like that.

• Locked thread