Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

me, xak, and Kazr can do invites to Goonsquad right now. Make an introduction to our discord and flag someone to get you an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I hate to double post but this request warrants a bump, i think. if you happen to know you have a still-standing structure on dantooine around the guild hall, If you're willing to log on and re-deed the house to me, or someone else actively playing, we probably need the space to re-establish the town. So, if you were a part of Goontown 2.0, please get in touch to talk about either giving me or selling me your poo poo.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Nice to see people still macro farming in a game that's been officially dead for close to a decade

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Old habits die hard.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Gotta get that NGE junk loot for reverse engineering somehow.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Goast posted:

Gotta get that NGE junk loot for reverse engineering decorating somehow.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

e:forgot i made this post

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 9, 2018

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

goontown dantooine is re-established. 20 citizens, due for an upgrade next opportunity. the guild hall was hours from decaying but kazr saved it so goonsquad and goontown are saved.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Goontown

Never forget

Long live New Windsor

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

How do you start getting better equipment on pre-CU servers, what with everything on the Bazaar starting at 250k+ credits? Do you just literally make everything yourself, or do you Know A Guy who gives you a set of composite armor?

edit: nvm, guess I just had a bad day at the market. Someone flooded the Bazaar with good armor for just 7k.

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 11, 2018

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

FutonForensic posted:

How do you start getting better equipment on pre-CU servers, what with everything on the Bazaar starting at 250k+ credits? Do you just literally make everything yourself, or do you Know A Guy who gives you a set of composite armor?

I'm pretty sure you have to find someone selling the stuff in their personal shop. I think on live no one used the bazaar that much, at least, I never did.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Good stuff is expensive, but there are plenty of shops who sell serviceable armor and weapons at prices in the range of someone levelling up and going solo.

A goon who was determined to get rid of all his stuff just handed me several million credits and once and possibly still server-best crafting material, and if you're on basilisk I can help you get whatever you need at some point. get in touch with us in https://discord.gg/aCZX5tm if you aren't already there. message me and i'll figure out how to get you set up with a mini set of comp and a decent weapon or two.

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Its happening. I just got like 5 to 10 more people on the hook here.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Urgh am I going to have to install (again) once I’m back from holiday

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Tai posted:

Urgh am I going to have to install (again) once I’m back from holiday

Install now.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi
As bad as basilisk is, it's not as bad as every other badly run server.

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Levarris are you gonna play?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jiimy posted:

Install now.

On holiday for another week. Will finish off my BH probably to gang bang some Jedi pubbies for rage.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Jiimy posted:

Levarris are you gonna play?

God no.

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

He played.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi
It's not likely to happen again. See you tomorrow.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

he initiated a coup and registered a house in city limits, he did his duty

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

basic hitler posted:

he initiated a coup and registered a house in city limits, he did his duty

that was just a decoy coup

the real coup may still be out there

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The city cycled; we now have more room, i can do more sane city planning and not build around extant structures. a goon in parting gave me a shitload of his stuff so i can more or less finance the town building to this point and if anyone is interested I'm happy to get you settled or re/settled since starting this game with the bad speeder and no money is one of the worse things about it. i'm grinding doctor on my main and artisan on the alt so i've got very little to do while i more or less absently run crafting macros. for a while.

the server is down but i'm thinking about it right now so i wanted to provide an update about goontown and all that poo poo. basilisk is down for probably the night? I dunno how long downtime usually goes but it has been four hours or so now.

the actual numbers are iffy but it seems like we can get about a ten unique people online sometimes, and i'm trying very hard to establish some workable infrastructure to give people something to come to as goons.

also i wouldn't mind giving up mayor to someone with politician xp who wanted to help us bypass the handicap of me getting a whopping low level of xp this cycle and being unable to do some things we could get going far faster otherwise.
you'll need the blessing of everyone else though so, prior mayors step up i guess?

we're in here, https://discord.gg/aCZX5tm

I didn't have much hope this would go very far, but this has moved at a decent pace towards some level of goontown revival. When basilisk goes back up i'm going to appraise what i can do and install to make the town actually marginally useful aside from the barren cantina and surgery center that survived. there are several public crafting stages and i could part with some nice materials if anybody wants to provide crafting services. I have more assets than i've ever had while playing the game and zero desire to hoard them, i'd like to be broke and out of this ~6mil by March.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

basic hitler posted:

you'll need the blessing of everyone else though so, prior mayors step up i guess?

Never!

If you need me to place a building or something i can, but mayoring goons is the worst.

Especially Jiimy.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Ahdinko posted:

Never!

If you need me to place a building or something i can, but mayoring goons is the worst.

Especially Jiimy.

i realized earlier that my issues stem from the election cycle and the city cycle being separate, i got weekly politician exp and not the voting because that's not loving over yet. Sooner or later it'll be fine.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Ahdinko posted:

Never!

Especially Jiimy.

Being mayor is your eternal burden.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is this resurrection dead yet

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Ahdinko posted:

Never!

Especially Jiimy.

Hey how about you take your monkey rear end back to Leeds where you came from.

Are you going to play this game or what?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Its not dead but ive been without internet for a couple weeks save for occasional trips to the library for Wi-Fi so ive neither been able to administrate the town or pay maintenance. Thankfully the town is next to useless right now but ill laugh if i have to plant another loving city hall.

Otherwise so far as i can tell we are still a small group but still as active as we can be

edit: i'm back online and i paid for like 12 weeks of maintenance a few weeks back apparently. this is why i should take note of this stuff when i'm drunk

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 2, 2018

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If there's a chance in hell the owner of these structures in goontown could be contacted:

The Mantina

St. Lowtax's Malpractice Clinic

I can't even determine the character names who own these buildings, but I would very much like to have the ownership of these buildings transferred so that I can maintain them. The Mantina is stocked full of cool poo poo and given how old it likely is, who loving knows how long it'll be there if we can't get new owners to administrate it. I really don't want to have to replace these lovingly decorated works of art.

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012
They both have 10+ years of maintenance but I haven't a clue who actually owns them.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

It's entirely possible that the hospital is owned by my master doctor, but I won't get a chance to log in and check until tomorrow at the soonest.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

turp-o-matic posted:

They both have 10+ years of maintenance but I haven't a clue who actually owns them.

that's a relief, but i'd still like to be able to administrate them, especially if the owners have no real intent of further use.

Drone posted:

It's entirely possible that the hospital is owned by my master doctor, but I won't get a chance to log in and check until tomorrow at the soonest.

I am mostell in-game, but if you could notify me either through PM or by hopping on our discord and yelling at me there when you find out.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

basic hitler posted:

that's a relief, but i'd still like to be able to administrate them, especially if the owners have no real intent of further use.

I am mostell in-game, but if you could notify me either through PM or by hopping on our discord and yelling at me there when you find out.

Yo uh what's the Discord link

Also someone should probably update the OP to stop spamming for Stella Bellum, if nobody's playing there.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Drone posted:

Yo uh what's the Discord link

Also someone should probably update the OP to stop spamming for Stella Bellum, if nobody's playing there.

https://discordapp.com/invite/aCZX5tm

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Playing on bloodfin precu server again. it's stable, low player pop count thou. (one of the many ways) they hosed up was trying to put together an nge server. saw legends numbers and thought 'they will play here!'. newwwwp. but the precu server is running well, some good custom content. easy to grind, easy to get jedi, no exceptionals or legendaries to throw off the curve.

Rebels could use help in pvp, though. you can be reasonably geared pretty quick. pretty sure some rebels would help you out or at least some altruistic imperials looking for some competition.

get in on the ground floor if and when the server ever picks back up (yeah right).

Tide fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 3, 2018

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
As much as I obsessed over that cursed cantina back in the day, I probably should've been the owner of it. I am, however, on the admin list for it and can get you new gen guys more or less full access to it.

Likely too late for it to matter but might as well keep that place alive somehow.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

just letting everyone know, if you were playing with me last time, my login name was flagged for being "basichitler" and so i was permabanned. after a back-and-forth it was decided i could make a new account, but my characters and assets were forefeit.

so i'm done, and basilisk's admin team can suckle my rancid loving testes and i hope they die of some terrible disease.

we would have periods of activity then inactivity, so i'm guessing it's dead but there's a chance some of the people we used to revive GS are still around, but i was mayor and since kazr, the actual guild leader, wasn't active, i was defacto leader for a while. unless kazr stepped up it's dead again.

apparently "hitler" in your login is bannable.

fuckstains. not like it was a character name.

gently caress these idiot volunteers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Welp, I'm moving off Dantooine. Any goon towns or compounds or lean-tos on Tatooine or Correlia?