Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I vote for the custom Not Butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Not Butler

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Reltub.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Mrs. Wilhelmina

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Not Butler

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Not Butler

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

quote:

"I don't think that's a good idea. I'd have to change all the paperwork."

"Oh, come now. I don't really care for 'Dandelion.'"

"Have it your way, then. What do you want me to call you?"

"Not Butler."

quote:

"All right," she says, shaking her head slightly. "I suppose Not Butler will do. Very well."

"Now what exactly are we talking about? I'm terribly bewildered," you say, as Regina jots a few notes.

"Yes, I suppose you will need to be briefed, Not Butler. You are, I assume, quite familiar with the Cadbury Club."

"Of course. That's the club I'm a member of. The Cadbury Club for Those Who Serve. The most exclusive organization for servants in the world."

"Then surely you have heard of the Cadbury Club Inner Circle."

"Any polished servant has heard of that august society, although I don't have much hope of being admitted."
"Yes. Secret societies are not particularly of interest to me. I prefer to live a quieter, less complex life."
"Do you...have inside information about the Inner Circle? I'd like very much to hear - unless it is against the rules."
"I assume this is related to Valentine's testing of me for the Inner Circle."

Most current stats posted:

Reginald Butler

Your Sundry Skills
Bold: 64%
Culture: 25%
Intellect: 43%
Observe: 44%
Persuade: 47% (+5%)
Skulduggery: 19%
Soothing/Abrasive: 28%/72%

Your Reputation
Renown: 51%
Tranquility: 18%
Suspicion: 10%

Rory: 55%
Valentine: 40%
Frankincense: 44%
Aunt Primrose: 21%
Col. Firesnuff: 34%
Mopsie: 100%

Ready Monies: 23

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
#4. Let’s get confirmation she doesn’t know who Valentine is... or that I’m wrong.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

achtungnight posted:

#4. Let’s get confirmation she doesn’t know who Valentine is... or that I’m wrong.

Yes, betting this is part of the forthcoming intrigue.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Any polished servant has heard of that august society, although I don't have much hope of being admitted."

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Let's go with #4.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Related to Valentine?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

oh my god if this person turns out to be an art thief i want to see a second run where we get her to steal figs' painting

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

quote:

"Of course. That's the club I'm a member of. The Cadbury Club for Those Who Serve."

How good do our stats have to be to not end a sentence with a preposition? Jeeves, I'm sure, would have phrased it, "the club of which I am a member."

In any case, let's blunder forward with related to Valentine?

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

quote:

She swings around and looks at you.

"Valentine? Who is Valentine? What are you talking about?"

"Nothing. Never mind."
"A young woman gave me this letter of introduction from the Inner Circle today."
"Did I say something wrong? I'm terribly confused."

Reginald Butler

Your Sundry Skills
Observe: 49% (+5%)
Persuade: 47%

Your Reputation

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Confused.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I knew it. A young woman... Reveal all we can.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Nothing

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Did I say something wrong? I'm terribly confused."

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Now I am really confused.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

confused.

Aug 24, 2011

is valentine actually the thief? this is getting good

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Confused. And rightly so!

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

quote:

"You...you just said someone named Valentine is testing you for the Inner Circle. That is untrue."

"It is. She said so."

"A lie. Valentine is an imposter, probably dangerous."

"I don't know if..."

"We don't have much time. I need to begin at the beginning, then. Although I am rather shaken up by news of a mole in our midst."

She sits taller in her seat. "Now, listen carefully. The Cadbury Club Inner Circle is for the most elite members, for those in service who have attained the peak of their position."

"Yes, so the new members say in hushed voices." You imagine what your peers would say, if they knew that you were being considered."

"You are being considered for admission into the Inner Circle, and you are being evaluated for your suitability."

"Yes. That is consistent with what Valentine told me."
"I understand perfectly."
"You may as well call off the test as a great waste of time, as I'm certain to be voted in."
"Me? I am hardly the right person for such an august society!"
"I wonder to what extent a small cash gift would help to influence my evaluator."

Reginald Butler

Your Sundry Skills
Observe: 49%

Your Reputation
:siren: Invitation: 26% :siren:

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Call it off - we know we're good.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Let's escalate. Call it off.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

consistent.
Set them against each other!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Consistent... I bet Valentine is part of the club’s arch-nemesis society, whoever that might be.

Aug 24, 2011

what if neither one of them is from the cadbury club and they're both thieves?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

what if neither one of them is from the cadbury club and they're both thieves?

That would be hilarious.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Or they're both from the Cadbury club and it's a simple administrative error that can be resolved through clear communication and honesty?

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013
Just keep talking about Valentine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Yes. That is consistent with what Valentine told me."

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

That is consistent...

And Valentine actually had a sealed letter of introduction. Though probably forgeable, that’s more than this nutter has shown us so far.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 12, 2018

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Consistent.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

Calling this one early since this next choice is potentially a bit more significant and so deserves to have the vote open a bit longer.

quote:

She briefly sucks in air through her teeth and looks, for a moment, like an angry mongoose.

"This Valentine knows too much. Possibly we will need to eliminate her."

"You can't mean..."

"It would be a last resort. For now, you need to act naturally. Don't let Valentine know that you know. And for heaven's sake, keep your identity as Not Butler secret."

You hear the yowling of the hounds outside, and Aunt Primrose's booming voice crying out that all must assemble outside the front door at once on pain of her displeasure.

"Our time is limited," says Regina. "But you should know that there is a serious problem brewing, and I will need your help. I have reason to believe that there is an evildoer here at Ritornello who means to do Aunt Primrose some serious harm. It is not yet clear to me whether it is a foreign agent or some sort of maniacal saboteur."

"No!"

"I'm afraid so, Not Butler. I will need you to join me on a subtle and time-sensitive mission. You may be able to assist me; how you do so is up to you. You might find an excuse to leave the hunt and make your way back here, so that you can thoroughly search the guest rooms to look for compromising information. Or, if you prefer, you could remain with the hunt, and shrewdly interrogate the guests to discover if they have any malicious motives." She taps her chin. "It would also be rather useful to have a thorough investigation of this Valentine character. I am most concerned. I suppose if the opportunity comes up you might do that in addition to your primary objective."

What do you say?

"I will make my way back here and search the rooms."
"I will interrogate people."
"This is madness. I'm not helping you."

Reginald Butler

Your Sundry Skills
Observe: 49%

Your Reputation
Invitation: 26%

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
How about we not help the potentially crazy woman? Just a suggestion here.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We're genuinely awful at skulduggery. That makes not helping the smart choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Room search because we are not unaware of the thieving arts

• Locked thread