Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tonic
Jan 4, 2003

I’m working on setting up a keeper league for some friends... what is the consensus best site to use for keeper leagues? We generally do auction drafts and Id like to have the ability to tweak the amount of draft capital keepers take. Like say I could do last years auction price + $5 to keep. Also being able to tweak the # of years a player can be kept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

RCarr posted:

How valuable is a second round pick in dynasty? What would you say the chances are of landing someone who turns out to be a useful NFL player in the second and later?

FWIW I got Cooper Kupp in the 2nd (12 team league) and Evan Engram in the 3rd. I think they'll be useful, particularly Engram.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is there anybody who does dynasty that likes standard leagues better?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

89 posted:

Is there anybody who does dynasty that likes standard leagues better?

Dynasty's fun as poo poo, and I've quit all my standard leagues. Actually putting together rules for a dynasty 1 PPR ~$50/year league right now.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, I'm confused how quickly people do a 180 on players. Evans was the popular/consensus #2 overall in dynasty beginning of last year and didn't have a bad year (WR#17ish in PPR?). Fair enough if salary concerns are big enough to consider dumping below value or you have a bad taste from drafting him with your first pick in redraft, but dude joined the AJ Green and Randy Moss club, and I am extremely comfortable predicting he outperforms 70-1000-5 next year. He's an obvious buy low target this off season.

Chris Thompson is a cool dude, but Evans at 20% salary cap for Thompson at negligible salary is not a big win regardless of roster imo. It might be worth doing in your situation, but even then I'm kinda skeptical. Moving from Cousins to Smith isn't a positive for that offense or necessarily Thompson himself.

Given that you could likely get a boatload more for Brown than Evans, I'd personally try to move him instead. Evans + elite/close to elite RB1 >> Brown + Thompson, even if the former comes with less salary savings.

The issue is putting 2/5 of your cap against both AB84 and Mike Evans is going to hurt your team long term. And Brown is the more valuable dynasty piece. Getting rid of Evans is a salary dump move.

Although maybe this is an argument to move Brown and hold into Evans. Brown should be able to net a much better class of running back.

But I was never as high on Evan's last year as most were.

Alfalfa posted:

Then you flip a guy for a mid level guy and just get used to having a qb not be you best scorer.

Same thing that would happen when your quarterbacks are those listed and you carry 3. You might have 2 studs and some JAG just in case.

If that is the case, then have 2 studs and if one or two go down, go find a qb. But having more than 2 is taking away a spot of value or sleeper who can hit especially in dynasty.

Yeah, but I got very lucky that Alex Smith ended up available, because people horde quarterbacks. Especially in dynasty. Bad quarterbacks will kill your season. And honestly, your third quarterback should always be a rookie or second year developmental player anyway. Young quarterbacks are going to have way more opportunities to succeed than other positions.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
The top QBs available in the FA pool in my 12-person, 30-player roster dynasty league are Landry Jones, Bryce Petty, TJ Yates, Cardale Jones and Colt McCoy. And Manziel of course

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was offered Davante Parker ($10), Josh Gordon ($2) and a 2nd rounder for Antonio Brown($51). That would help cut salary but I already have a ton of good receivers and I really need a RB. Plus I feel like I should be getting a lot more for Antonio Brown.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 12, 2018

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

I was offered Davante Parker ($10), Josh Gordon ($2) and a 2nd rounder for Antonio Brown($51). That would help cut salary but I already have a ton of good receivers and I really need a RB. Plus I feel like I should be getting a lot more for Antonio Brown.

If you can flip a different WR for a RB, this could make sense. AB has a ton of value, but it's also a ton of cap.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I agree. This move would lower my team’s salary by $29. I should see if he would give me a 1st round pick instead of a 2nd.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I agree. This move would lower my team’s salary by $29. I should see if he would give me a 1st round pick instead of a 2nd.

Yeah, that'd be a nice return in value (I still like Parker and am hopeful about Gordon) and salary relief.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I think that's a really competitive offer. Definitely worth making; if he rejects consider asking for a fourth or third instead. Personally I like quantity over quality when it comes to draft picks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tonic posted:

I’m working on setting up a keeper league for some friends... what is the consensus best site to use for keeper leagues? We generally do auction drafts and Id like to have the ability to tweak the amount of draft capital keepers take. Like say I could do last years auction price + $5 to keep. Also being able to tweak the # of years a player can be kept.

For anything complicated I prefer MFL.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

Post the rest of his team and his available draft picks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Post the rest of his team and his available draft picks.

QB
T. Brady - 28
C. Wentz - 2
N. Foles - 2
P. Mahomes - 2
RB
K. Hunt - 31
L. Fournette - 29
A. Collins - 2
B. Powell - 14
J. Ajayi - 37
M. Mack - 2
C. Clement - 2
R. Smith - 9
D. Woodhead - 12
WR
K. Allen - 17
D. Bryant - 33
D. Parker - 10
J. Gordon - 2
G. Allison - 2
C. Samuel - 2
J. Reynolds - 2
C. Williams - 2
TE
B. Watson - 2
J. Cook - 2
C. Clay - 2
D. Njoku - 2
T. Burton - 5
J. Reed - 13
A. Shaheen - 4

2018 Draft Picks: He has his 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks (He traded his 1st and 4th). Next year and beyond he has all his picks.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Try this. Clement, Collins, Gordon, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st for Brown

Drop the 2019 1st if you want or aim for a 2nd if he says too much.

If he is adamant in moving Parker to help salary then try this.

Parker, Collins, Gordon, 2018 2nd, 2019 2nd

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 12, 2018

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

Do you think Collins has value next year? I really don't like Baltimore's running back situation. I'd rather see Mack.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

Do you think Collins has value next year? I really don't like Baltimore's running back situation. I'd rather see Mack.

Collins is still the back to own in Balt. He's the better, less injury prone, younger, version of Dixon and most are still high on him now that he will have a full season to play.*

*as long as he continues to not fumble. Last year even after he won the starting job he was still their back between the 20's because they were concerned about his fumbling issues down around the goal line.

He's a RFA this year but they should resign him for another year. But yes the Balt backfield is a mess.

Mack worries me because the Colts could very easily take Barkley (or any of the other dominating RB's) with that 3rd pick basically making him the immediate starter. Half the mock's have Barkley going there or the DC from NC State.

At least with Collins you know it's his job to lose.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm writing notes out for myself for next season because I always seem to forget the lessons I learn in seasons past. I play in an auction league and I'm writing out budget estimates that I want to make for each slot (14TM 0PPR 2RB 2WR 1FLEX 5BN Standard Scoring $200). I think I have that mostly set, but I also wanted to have auction draft strategies handy too, like nomination order. I've had decent success in the past of nominating out my $1 targets early so people continue saving for their higher-cost players, but I'm wondering if maybe the best time to do that kind of nomination is in the midst of high-value players coming off the board. Anybody have good auction strategies that they've used to good success?

My current thought is to try to get the best $1 defense early, then try to get a cheap tight end, then focus on the best RB I can get for around $20 before bolstering that with one of the top guys.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think in auction redraft leagues when I nominate guys I want for $1 too early, I tend to get some jackass bidding $2 just to look me up. I try to make a longer list and mark a few I'd pay $2 for if someone else nominates them first, and then just get whoever is left once I've run out of money.

Note: this may be a bad strategy, lol

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
There's always the guys in auction that everyone is hoping to get at $7. Like Jimmy Graham this year or Doug Martin. If you don't want those guys, nominate them early.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

I'm writing notes out for myself for next season because I always seem to forget the lessons I learn in seasons past. I play in an auction league and I'm writing out budget estimates that I want to make for each slot (14TM 0PPR 2RB 2WR 1FLEX 5BN Standard Scoring $200). I think I have that mostly set, but I also wanted to have auction draft strategies handy too, like nomination order. I've had decent success in the past of nominating out my $1 targets early so people continue saving for their higher-cost players, but I'm wondering if maybe the best time to do that kind of nomination is in the midst of high-value players coming off the board. Anybody have good auction strategies that they've used to good success?

My current thought is to try to get the best $1 defense early, then try to get a cheap tight end, then focus on the best RB I can get for around $20 before bolstering that with one of the top guys.

My tried and true* auction guidelines

1: Never nominate a guy you actually want until near the end of the draft - people will wildly overpay for players early in the draft

2: Don't be afraid to go a little extra for the guys you do want - I've never had a draft end with me wishing I hadn't bought a guy that I really like because I'm short on cash at the end, but I've had plenty where I wished I had spent a few extra bucks on some players because I've got way more cash than I need.

3: Never count on getting a guy for a dollar - someone is waiting for that guy and wants to take him from you

4: Never bid on a guy you don't want - driving up the price is fine but what if your bid is past their breaking point

5: Don't count on post-draft trades - outside of the dollar guys getting picked up for $2 instead at the end, you can't really snipe someone at an auction draft. People will for the most part have the specific players they were targeting and be much happier with their teams than in a snake draft.

6: Redraft only: Once the draft is over throw any and all dollar values out the window. - Waffling on a trade that will probably help you because the guys you 're giving away went for $20 more than the guys you're getting is only hurting you. Dollar values only matter in keepers once the draft has ended.

I've been pretty successful over the past few years keeping those in mind. They're not perfect, but any good draft in fantasy is going to require you to adapt on the fly anyway. And as far as your specific question goes regarding the dollar guys, see points one and three.

*in baseball, I haven't done auction in football in a few years

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

rest in piss, cja

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I feel like with ASJ actually being decent last year, I need a new TLA to hype this year.

What I'm saying is that I think this might be CJA's year guys.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My large adult son......

https://twitter.com/Pat_Thorman/status/966314494308880386

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hope you guys don’t mind me still shamelessly asking for dynasty advice in here.

To refresh your memory, the league is a 25 man dynasty salary cap league. Starting roster is 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX. $250 salary cap, with salaries increasing by $1 or 10% each year (whichever is higher). I’m way over the cap and need to cut payroll. I have a manager who’s interested in trading for Crabtree and/or Robinson. What should I look to get in return for one or both of them?

My Team
QB
J. Goff - 3
B. Bortles - 2
C. Keenum - 2
A. Luck - 13
RB
M. Ingram - 11
D. Lewis - 2
C. Anderson - 11
O. Darkwa - 2
R. Burkhead - 4
T. Montgomery - 10
C. Carson - 2
J. Conner - 3
WR
A. Brown - 51
D. Hopkins - 26
D. Thomas - 21
M. Evans - 55
R. Anderson - 3
A. Jeffery - 21
M. Crabtree - 17
A. Cooper - 31
K. Benjamin - 10
D. Westbrook - 2
A. Robinson - 12
K. White - 2
M. Mitchell - 2
TE
T. Kelce - 21
H. Henry - 3

2018 TOTAL SALARY - $342

His Team
QB
M. Ryan - 14
M. Mariota - 15
R. Tannehill - 2
RB
J. Howard - 32
M. Lynch - 23
G. Bernard - 2
D. Henry - 14
J. Stewart - 3
A. Ekeler - 8
W. Gallman - 22
C. Ivory - 2
J. Williams - 2
WR
T. Hill - 20
D. Baldwin - 20
C. Kupp - 2
J. Kearse - 2
K. Stills - 2
M. Goodwin - 6
P. Richardson - 2
A. Humphries - 2
R. Grant - 2
D. Inman - 11
T. King - 2
L. Treadwell - 2
T. Sharpe - 2
TE
E. Engram - 2
A. Hooper - 2
G. Kittle - 2
2018 TOTAL SALARY - $220

Should I look to trade one or both of them for straight up draft picks? Or are there any players here I should try to snag from him? Basically, help me come up with an offer, please. :)

Rookie draft is snake style, followed by a free agent auction.

Edit: He also offered me a 1st round pick (8th overall) for Allen Robinson. Robinson costs me $10 this year, and the salary for the 8th overall pick is $18... Thoughts? $10 for Robinson is good value, is it worth losing another $8 in cap space to try to hit on a 1st round pick in the draft?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 21, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd take a risk on Robinson before spending an extra 8 dollars (or is it six? you listed him a $12 on your roster list) to take the risk on a rookie, especially when you're so far over the cap.

If you cut Evans, Cooper, and Anderson you'll be $5 under the cap, FWIW

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Whoops, he is $12 this year not $10, good catch.

Yeah I guess I’m focusing too much on trying to make moves, maybe I’ll just cut some guys and stand pat. I can’t help but get greedy and constantly try to get better though :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

Whoops, he is $12 this year not $10, good catch.

Yeah I guess I’m focusing too much on trying to make moves, maybe I’ll just cut some guys and stand pat. I can’t help but get greedy and constantly try to get better though :)

It's not bad to get greedy, but definitely don't make moves just because you think you have to. You always have options.

I don't know where you sit in the draft but you also have plenty of cheap contracts that it won't hurt you to axe to cover draft pick salary.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

Should I look to trade one or both of them for straight up draft picks? Or are there any players here I should try to snag from him? Basically, help me come up with an offer, please. :)

Rookie draft is snake style, followed by a free agent auction.

Edit: Another team offered me a 1st round pick (8th overall) for Allen Robinson. Robinson costs me $10 this year, and the salary for the 8th overall pick is $18... Thoughts? $10 for Robinson is good value, is it worth losing another $8 in cap space to try to hit on a 1st round pick in the draft?

I think Crabtree is unnecessary for you. In your shoes, I'd be happy to dump him or trade him for a small return.

If you could package crabtree and Allen Robinson for Engram, I might think about that and then trade kelce for your RB..

I'd also consider seeing if he'd bite on swapping Crabtree for PRich. Significant $ savings, potential for next year and forward depending on where he signs and projected role.

I'm not a crabtree truther -- he had a down year, I don't love that offense right now, you're over bought into that offense anyway, and he's an aging asset which lowers his value in a dynasty league.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 21, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I'd look to move Crabtree for Kittle (or Engram if he would go for it).

I'd hold Arob for now.

Even offer Evans for Engram if you need to get drastic.

You could offer Evans + future pick for Baldwin if you want to cut cap that way and based on previous expectations don't think you will get much value back on that price tag.

Also if there is no IR slot I'm moving Luck or cutting him hoping I can get him cheaper in the FA auction.

Evans, Luck, & Crabtree need to be the focus of main pieces to move to help get you down to salary limit.

Also being that capped, you don't really have room to draft rookies it seems (I forgot the pricing) so I might be looking to package those with Crabs, Kelce, Evans, etc to get even more value back.

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 21, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't know where you sit in the draft but you also have plenty of cheap contracts that it won't hurt you to axe to cover draft pick salary.

Alfalfa posted:

Also being that capped, you don't really have room to draft rookies it seems (I forgot the pricing) so I might be looking to package those with Crabs, Kelce, Evans, etc to get even more value back.

I traded my first away last year, so I have rounds 2-7 (in a 7 round draft) this year. Cost for draft picks are as follows:

The first four picks in the first round are paid $20
The fifth through eighth picks are paid $18
The ninth and tenth picks are paid $16
All players drafted in the second round are paid $8
All players drafted in the third round are paid $4
All players drafted in the fourth round are paid $2
All remaining drafted players (fifth and later rounds) are paid $1

Alfalfa posted:

Also if there is no IR slot I'm moving Luck or cutting him hoping I can get him cheaper in the FA auction.

We have three IR slots, but players on IR still count against the cap.

I offered Crabtree for Engram, which he understandably declined. He also declined Evans for Engram. He said he's not interested in Evans at all, with his $55 salary.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 21, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you had to cut one, would you cut CJ Anderson($11), or Ty Montomery($10)?

Alfalfa posted:

Evans, Luck, & Crabtree need to be the focus of main pieces to move to help get you down to salary limit.

You think I should keep Cooper @ $31, over Crabtree @ $17? Cooper seemed like the guy to move in my opinion, or both of them.

Here is everyone's full roster if anyone has a minute to take a look and help me put together an offer to improve my team :) (I'm the first team, Andy Reid's Mustache)

ANDY REID'S MUSTACHE
QB
P. Rivers - 2
J. Goff - 3
B. Bortles - 2
C. Keenum - 2
A. Luck - 13
RB
M. Ingram - 11
D. Lewis - 2
C. Anderson - 11
O. Darkwa - 2
R. Burkhead - 4
T. Montgomery - 10
C. Carson - 2
J. Conner - 3
WR
A. Brown - 51
D. Hopkins - 26
D. Thomas - 21
M. Evans - 55
R. Anderson - 3
A. Jeffery - 21
M. Crabtree - 17
A. Cooper - 31
K. Benjamin - 10
D. Westbrook - 2
A. Robinson - 12
K. White - 2
M. Mitchell - 2
TE
T. Kelce - 21
H. Henry - 3

2018 TOTAL SALARY - $344
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRUNDLE GRABBERS
QB
D. Brees - 14
D. Kizer - 2
D. Watson - 2
M. Trubisky - 2
RB
C. McCaffrey - 30
L. Miller - 22
D. Booker - 2
D. Cook - 28
D. Williams - 17
D. Foreman - 2
J. Rodgers - 2
C. Prosise - 2
B. Oliver - 2
WR
D. Adams - 13
R. Matthews - 4
K. Cole - 2
T. Gabriel - 2
O. Beckham - 51
Z. Jones - 4
C. Davis - 9
T. Boyd - 2
T. Pryor - 20
T. Austin - 2
M. Williams - 2
M. Floyd - 2
W. Snead - 5
TE
K. Rudolph - 5
V. Davis - 3
TOTAL 2018 SALARY - $254
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JIMMY GRAHAM IN THE FLEX
QB
M. Ryan - 14
M. Mariota - 15
R. Tannehill - 2
RB
J. Howard - 32
M. Lynch - 23
G. Bernard - 2
D. Henry - 14
J. Stewart - 3
A. Ekeler - 8
W. Gallman - 22
C. Ivory - 2
J. Williams - 2
WR
T. Hill - 20
D. Baldwin - 20
C. Kupp - 2
J. Kearse - 2
K. Stills - 2
M. Goodwin - 6
P. Richardson - 2
A. Humphries - 2
R. Grant - 2
D. Inman - 11
T. King - 2
L. Treadwell - 2
T. Sharpe - 2
TE
E. Engram - 2
A. Hooper - 2
G. Kittle - 2
2018 TOTAL SALARY - $220
TRINITY
QB
T. Brady - 28
C. Wentz - 2
N. Foles - 2
P. Mahomes - 2
RB
K. Hunt - 31
L. Fournette - 29
A. Collins - 2
B. Powell - 14
J. Ajayi - 37
M. Mack - 2
C. Clement - 2
R. Smith - 9
D. Woodhead - 12
WR
K. Allen - 17
D. Bryant - 33
D. Parker - 10
J. Gordon - 2
G. Allison - 2
C. Samuel - 2
J. Reynolds - 2
C. Williams - 2
TE
B. Watson - 2
J. Cook - 2
C. Clay - 2
D. Njoku - 2
T. Burton - 5
J. Reed - 13
A. Shaheen - 4
TOTAL 2018 SALARY - $272
TEAM RAMROD
QB
M. Stafford - 3
J. McCown - 15
A. Rodgers - 39
RB
D. Johnson - 6
D. Freeman - 41
J. Richard - 2
D. Martin - 7
W. Smallwood - 2
E. Lacy - 7
WR
D. Funchess - 2
S. Shepard - 4
J. Nelson - 41
T. Benjamin - 2
K. Wright - 2
J. Doctson - 2
A. Wilson - 2
C. Beasley - 18
S. Roberts - 2
D. Moncrief - 3
J. Bellamy - 2
A. Holmes - 2
E. Rogers - 2
TE
D. Walker - 6
E. Ebron - 2
M. Bennett - 6
C. Fiedorowicz - 2
TOTAL 2018 SALARY - $222
THE SHADYNASTY
QB
T. Taylor - 2
R. Fitzpatrick - 6
RB
L. Bell - 65
E. Elliot - 57
J. McKinnon - 2
J. Allen - 2
T. Yeldon - 2
A. Ellington - 6
A. Jones - 28
K. Williams - 22
D. Sproles - 2
D. Johnson - 70
J. McNichols - 2
S. Ware - 5
WR
M. Jones - 2
R. Woods - 2
W. Fuller - 2
J. Maclin - 2
Taywan Taylor - 2
T. Jones - 2
Trent Taylor - 11
K. Aiken - 2
B. Perrima - 2
M. Wheaton - 2
Q. Enunwa - 2
TE
J. Witten - 2
J. Thomas - 2
D. Allen - 2
TOTAL 2018 SALARY - $308
LEGION OF DOOM
QB
C. Newton - 6
J. Winston - 9
T. Bridgewater - 2
RB
D. Murray - 46
T. Cohen - 2
K. Drake - 44
J. Mixon - 28
S. Perine - 5
J. McKissic - 6
A. Peterson - 7
E. McGuire - 2
A. Morris - 6
R. Kelley - 9
T. Rawls - 9
J. Hill - 9
WR
J. Jones - 53
A. Thielen - 7
N. Agholor - 11
D. Amendola - 2
T. Lockett - 2
K. Golladay - 2
TE
R. Gronkowski - 28
T. Kroft - 22
J. James - 2
R. Seals-Jones - 2
G. Olsen - 11
TOTAL 2018 SALARY - $332
LITTLE RED
QB
R. Wilson - 12
B. Roethlisberger - 5
D. Carr - 17
RB
T. Gurley - 32
T. Riddick - 4
J. White - 6
M. Forte - 3
L. Blount - 5
S. Vereen - 2
J. Charles - 3
P. Perkins - 8
WR
J. Landry - 17
M. Thomas - 44
R. Cobb - 3
M. Wallace - 2
D. Jackson - 6
T. Williams - 4
E. Sanders - 10
C. Hogan - 4
J. Brown - 2
J. Matthews - 3
P. Dorsett - 2
TE
Z. Ertz - 6
J. Graham - 12
T. Eifert - 15
TOTAL 2018 SALARY - $227
THE BOSTON DANGLER
QB
K. Cousins - 4
D. Prescott - 5
A. Dalton - 4
RB
A. Kamara - 6
C. Hyde - 14
T. Coleman - 11
L. Murray - 4
J. Williams - 7
A. Abdullah - 11
M. Breida - 2
P. Barber - 29
D. Washington - 3
M. Brown - 2
WR
A. Green - 50
G. Tate - 10
B. Cooks - 39
S. Diggs - 7
J. Smith-Schuster - 4
J. Crowder - 12
S. Watkins - 10
A. Hurns - 2
C. Godwin - 2
C. Coleman - 7
J. Edelman - 3
C. Meredith - 2
TE
J. Doyle - 2
A. Seferian-Jenkins - 8
O. Howard - 4
TOTAL 2018 SALARY - $264
ALEX MACKAVELLI
QB
A. Smith - 2
B. Hundley - 2
J. Garoppolo - 11
RB
M. Gordon - 46
L. McCoy - 42
F. Gore - 5
C. Thompson - 2
I. Crowell - 20
M. Gillislee - 2
M. Davis - 2
WR
L. Fitzgerald - 8
T. Hilton - 29
M. Sanu - 2
T. Ginn - 2
M. Lee - 2
M. Bryant - 17
B. LaFell - 2
E. Decker - 4
TE
C. Brate - 2
G. Celek - 2
T. Higbee - 2
TOTAL 2018 SALARY - $206

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 21, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You might be able to find someone who will trade you something for Montgomery still. Maybe package him with one of your bloated contracts or something.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Oh let's have some fun now that all the rosters are out.

A.R.M. & Alex Mackavelli:
Give one of the following: Evans, Cooper, or Crabtree (in that order)
Get: C. Thompson & Fitz (what I would aim for then go down from there)
Give: One of those above
Get: C. Brate

A.R.M. & Jimmy Graham in the Flex:
Give: Cooper or Crabtree
Get: Kittle or PRich & Draft Pick

A.R.M. & Team Ramrod:
Give: Evans, Cooper, or Crabtree & Luck
Get: S. Shepard or E. Ebron & M. Stafford

A.R.M. & Little Red:
Give: Evans & Luck, Cooper & Luck, or Crabtree & Luck
Get: Landry & Big Ben
Give: Evans, Cooper, or Crabtree
Get: L. Blount or E. Sanders

A.R.M. & The Boston Dangler:
Give: Luck
Get: Cousins

Teams I would try and move TMonty to:
Little Red
Legion of Doom for Pee-Rind
Team Ramrod for Moncrief
Trinity for C. Samuel
JG in the Flex for Hooper, Stills, or Goodwin

Those are my thoughts on initial 1st stage moves to start moving players (without having to cut) and narrowing down cap

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

He offered me Parker, Collins, Clement, 2018 2nd, and a 2019 first. I should decline that, right? Josh Gordon was the best player he was offering, I think he has to be part of the deal.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

He offered me Parker, Collins, Clement, 2018 2nd, and a 2019 first. I should decline that, right? Josh Gordon was the best player he was offering, I think he has to be part of the deal.

I forgot all their salaries but think Gordon’s is cheap. If so don’t worry about picks there.

Parker, Collins, Gordon would be fine I think. (Add in Clement in first though).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I forgot all their salaries but think Gordon’s is cheap. If so don’t worry about picks there.

Parker, Collins, Gordon would be fine I think. (Add in Clement in first though).

You think I'm better off making this deal, or sticking with Antonio Brown for this season? I was the highest scoring team in the league last year, so I'm certainly in a title window here. I wish I could trade Evans away for a haul like this (or even half of it), but no one is interested in him.

I'm thinking of just cutting Evans, Cooper, and CJ Anderson(or trading them for literally anything), like someone mentioned above, so I can afford to keep AB84 for another title run this year.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

You think I'm better off making this deal, or sticking with Antonio Brown for this season? I was the highest scoring team in the league last year, so I'm certainly in a title window here. I wish I could trade Evans away for a haul like this (or even half of it), but no one is interested in him.

I'm thinking of just cutting Evans, Cooper, and CJ Anderson(or trading them for literally anything), like someone mentioned above, so I can afford to keep AB84 for another title run this year.

Keep AB.

Try moving Evans or Cooper for any of those pieces even if it’s a -EV trade.

Keep CJA until we find out where he lands.

You guys thought about increasing cap space by 5% or so yearly to keep guys from having to gut their teams but still keep things from getting outrageous?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Keep AB.

Try moving Evans or Cooper for any of those pieces even if it’s a -EV trade.

Keep CJA until we find out where he lands.

You guys thought about increasing cap space by 5% or so yearly to keep guys from having to gut their teams but still keep things from getting outrageous?

Last year was our inaugural season, and the entire league's first foray into dynasty, so yea we will discuss the best way to keep the league moving forward. We had just copied and tweaked a goon dynasty league's rules to get us started. Dynasty sure is complicated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alfalfa posted:

This isn't necessary imo. It's not like the NFL where salaries keep increasing because the league is making more money. If someone doesn't want to gut their team they should manage it better.

• Locked thread