Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I'm looking for an LP of Getting Over It that doesn't get so over-the-top with the frustration/rage that it's unpleasant to watch, and also that actually finishes the game. Who's done a good one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Seconding the recommendation for SubponicatePoster's LPs.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I loved Danaru and Grace's Dokapon Kingdom playthrough.

gently caress Estelle.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I mainly like Screenshot LPs, because I am an Old (I mean, I'm barely a millenial, I'm so old). So take my picks with that in mind.

I second the Gond LP. Short, sweet, and it knew exactly what it wanted to be. I also second TheMcD's Unterwegs in Dusterberg LP.

If you're looking for what's essentially an alternative history novel, you'll rarely go wrong with the Paradox Mega-threads. My personal favorite is probably ZerothK's Gold Rules The World LP starting in northern Germany and spreading free trade, Cthulhu, and nuclear weapons throughout the world over the course of a thousand years. Taught me to never trust a Bardewick. Paradox LPs also taught me that nothing is so certain that a bunch of goons trying to run it into the ground won't be able to break it (looking at you, Al-Andalus).

There's also a few... unique SSLPs that won't be seen elsewhere. The absolute best is Chewbots unfinished masterpiece Carmen Sandiego. Must. Die. Right up there with that is BoldFrankensteinMir's You Have 001 Goblins.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Foul Ole Ron posted:

I have been gone a long time. What's the general top 10 must see LP's of all time? Have they changed much from the initial thread post?

LPs that I like but aren't in the OP (I don't think--I'm tablet posting so it's a pain to check) are:

SSLPs

Digimon World by OrangeFluffySheep

Digimon World Is a terribly and cryptically coded game--so much so that OFS had to have a friend analyse the code of the game in order to figure out how to get a Digimon he wanted--and OFS breaks it open.

Final Fantasy VIII by Cool Ghost

Cool Ghost showed a lot of people that FFVIII is a better game than it gets credit for--they just hid a lot of it in obscure scenes most people never saw.

Video LPs

Crash Bandicoot 1-3 by JordanKai and Ikwaylx

They both love the games and they're good at them (getting all the platinum relics and 100+%), so it's just a joy to watch.

Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 by Just A Friend and SinatraPod

similar to Crash above. Just A Friend also breaks the games by showing how to skip whole sections whenever possible through a number of different kinds of glitches

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

morallyobjected posted:

Crash Bandicoot 1-3 by JordanKai and Ikwaylx

They both love the games and they're good at them (getting all the platinum relics and 100+%), so it's just a joy to watch.

The Crash thread you gave here has a whole lot of dead links to a dead Youtube channel. Is there another place where those videos are?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Roluth posted:

The Crash thread you gave here has a whole lot of dead links to a dead Youtube channel. Is there another place where those videos are?

that's... a good question. I didn't realise that they had taken the videos down, and I can't imagine why. according to the master list, it (and their other good LP of The Wrath of Cortex) were definitely on the archive at one point, so they must have asked that they be taken down. :iiam:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

StrixNebulosa posted:

Winter Voices by Kingon w Bowl Cut, KGB by red mammoth and Xander77 - Two very different screenshot LPs, but both fantastic: they cover games you are never going to play, do them justice, and are a joy to read. Also, the KGB one is a bonus feelgood story where red mammoth burnt out on the LP and Xander77 stepped in to finish it, saving the day.
Aww, thanks. Perhaps not the most technically proficient screenshot LP ever, but I put a lot of love into it. :unsmith:

habeasdorkus posted:

There's also a few... unique SSLPs that won't be seen elsewhere. The absolute best is Chewbots unfinished masterpiece Carmen Sandiego. Must. Die.
Speaking of Chewbot and masterpieces, Animal Crossing is finished if you want to binge something great that is completed already.

And the LPArchive recommendation thing reminded me that SynthOrange's tale of Lizzie Shinkicker in Princess Maker 2 exists and is also a must-read for anyone who likes SSLPs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

Aww, thanks. Perhaps not the most technically proficient screenshot LP ever, but I put a lot of love into it. :unsmith:

It's a really, really good LP of a game I am never going to play - my god, the story is touching and hurts in the right ways. It was beautiful to read about the heroine's journey from being traumatized to healing and finding a measure of peace and friendship.

Thank you for sharing it. :3:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

Geneforge by POOL IS CLOSED - My favorite screenshot narrative LP, wherein POOL IS CLOSED writes fanfiction that's actually perfectly in line with the game's own writing and highlights all the stuff in it - and saves us the trouble of playing this intensely old-school game.

:shobon: Thanks, Strix! oh god, i wrote fanfic

Eternal Poison by Feinne is a screenshot LP of a little-known game that I think doesn't get enough love (and the LP deserves it, too). One of my favorite SSLPs on the forums -- it's to the point and doesn't faff around.

Umineko no Nako Koro Ni by ProfessorProf is a screenshot LP of a mystery VN that is insanely good but also really, really long. Need a mystery you can sink your teeth into? This one's got what you want. Read along with the thread if you want to puzzle along with all the participants. Part 2 (the answer) should be up on the LP Archive eventually, as wrapped up in December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQGI7fpr0U&list=PLuoM6YEhavdxOJD9BxW2n6yIkKPbneuBz
Disaster: Day of Crisis by discworld is all I read, feat. Panzerskank and Geop, is one of my favorite VLPs people don't mention enough. It's hilarious. So is the game, but probably not on purpose.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

:shobon: Thanks, Strix! oh god, i wrote fanfic

All LPs are at least one of a) terrible, b) fanfic, and c) mechanistic explorations of the game. :v:

I'd like to take this moment to recommend Thuryl's Might & Magic LPs, all on the archives. And while we're at it, Nakar's Ultima LPs are pretty good, though 6, Martian Dreams, and 7 are the strongest IMO.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQGI7fpr0U&list=PLuoM6YEhavdxOJD9BxW2n6yIkKPbneuBz
Disaster: Day of Crisis by discworld is all I read, feat. Panzerskank and Geop, is one of my favorite VLPs people don't mention enough. It's hilarious. So is the game, but probably not on purpose.

I didn't know this got reuploaded! I loved it when it was first made, and was bummed out when I went to recommend it to someone and it was gone.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Cheers for all the suggestions folks!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ProfessorProf posted:

I'm looking for an LP of Getting Over It that doesn't get so over-the-top with the frustration/rage that it's unpleasant to watch, and also that actually finishes the game. Who's done a good one?

are you looking for a full LP or just one that shows every aspect of the game? because if the latter, i can robbaz actually has a great video on his youtube channel that is basically a highlight reel of his 5-hour run of the game.

Thotmix is also currently doing a great job of a hybrid video/SSLP here on the forums of Getting Over It, but he hasn't completed it yet so it fails your actually finishes criteria.

GabenFoucaulf
Feb 26, 2017

ProfessorProf posted:

Hi, was planning to do an informative/"completionist" LP of this already. Was gonna post it this weekend. My credentials are that I've beaten this game 27 times by last count, with an average of 2-3 more clears every day as I practice more.

In terms of completed playthroughs right now, this "walkthrough" on youtube is talky enough that it's like a LP, finishes in an hour or so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXh5y-HhXkM

(this is my first post, so please be gentle)

GabenFoucaulf fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 17, 2018

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, do any of you guys know what LP had a series of bonus vids where one of them had goon commemtating over an episode of musashi gundou?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I know that Chip and Ironicus did Anime Theater in their No More Heroes 2 LP, but I don't know if they did that one.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks a ton, found it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Anyone able to help find an LP of Tombi! (I think? Pink haired dude fighting pigs is all i can remember)?

I might be misremembering but I could swear there was one on this forum that was pretty good but its been a while so i could be wrong.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

ZeusCannon posted:

Anyone able to help find an LP of Tombi! (I think? Pink haired dude fighting pigs is all i can remember)?

I might be misremembering but I could swear there was one on this forum that was pretty good but its been a while so i could be wrong.

You may be thinking of the one by Instant Grat which to my dismay got abandonded because I loved that game as a kid.

EDIT: Oh gently caress it was all blip.tv stuff and it's gone. Nevermind, sorry.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not, but I was in the mood for some Kirby LP's, and discovered that Medibot's Youtube channel is empty and all of his Let's Plays are gone, does anyone know what happened to them or why?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Does anyone know of a good Wasteland 1 LP? There's a finished antique one in the master list, but the pictures are dead.

MellowMushroom
Jan 5, 2018

Aquasnake posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not, but I was in the mood for some Kirby LP's, and discovered that Medibot's Youtube channel is empty and all of his Let's Plays are gone, does anyone know what happened to them or why?

I'm not sure either. It looks like he made them all private for some reason. His Kirby 64 videos can still be dled from the lp archive, and you can still watch his Epic Yarn lp in full there as well, plus parts of his Dream Land 3 lp that he put on Dailymotion.

Also on a side note I will work hard to make a Kirby LP as I have been wanting to for a while now and this post has given me inspiration.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Aquasnake posted:

Of course, alternatively, you can watch some LPs from ricdesi & friends mega-LP project where they LP All The Kirby Games. I find them mostly entertaining, although currently they're at Smash Melee which is not a Real Kirby game.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844729

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

Carbon dioxide posted:

Of course, alternatively, you can watch some LPs from ricdesi & friends mega-LP project where they LP All The Kirby Games. I find them mostly entertaining, although currently they're at Smash Melee which is not a Real Kirby game.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844729

Finally getting back to real Kirby games this week, at long last! Looking to have Part 1 up on Thursday or Friday. (And hey, thanks for the mention too, man)

fibio
Apr 3, 2015
Hey, anyone got any good Xenonaughts lp recs? I'm looking to get into the game and I'd like to watch someone who knows what they're doing first.

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Are there any high-quality informative God of War (1,2,3) LP's?

Basically like https://lparchive.org/God-of-War-III/ but (1) available (all videos are offline) and (2) in HD viewing.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

Kalenden posted:

Are there any high-quality informative God of War (1,2,3) LP's?

Basically like https://lparchive.org/God-of-War-III/ but (1) available (all videos are offline) and (2) in HD viewing.

That somehow never gets seen.
The videos are in 720p, don't know if that is HD enough for you.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Trizophenie posted:

That somehow never gets seen.
The videos are in 720p, don't know if that is HD enough for you.

Make it green. It'll stick out, maybe.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

We’ve discussed every color. Maybe it should be a random different color every time you visit the page

If not, I’ve always supported making it purple

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
at this point it's almost a tradition for people to miss the banner and have it be pointed out to them. i hope Baldurk never changes it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The drat thing's like a chameleon, it blends in with the rest of the UI of the site so people's eyes just gloss over it. That said I'm in the "don't change it ever" camp as well.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Honestly I think it'd blend in no matter the color unless it was rapidly flashing.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
It's a banner.

Make it slightly oversized (but not huge) bold text instead, not even an image, just words on the page, and people won't filter it out automatically. They may still overlook it, but stick a link in there with blue underlined words and they'll see something.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Make it an actual page by itself before part 1. Cover that page with :siren: and blingee :snoop: You have to actually press the arrow again to move past it to the next page.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Which Mega Man LP was it that spawned Punch Donkey, breakout star of Mega Man Dongs?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
This one, pretty sure: https://bd.baldurk.org/1905

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Honestly I think it'd blend in no matter the color unless it was rapidly flashing.

That would make it look even more like an ad, which would probably make it even more invisible.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

That's the chappy, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

90s Cringe Rock posted:

It's a banner.

Make it slightly oversized (but not huge) bold text instead, not even an image, just words on the page, and people won't filter it out automatically. They may still overlook it, but stick a link in there with blue underlined words and they'll see something.

Make an anime catgirl character say the text in a speech balloon.