Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

I make the best space doll houses ever
could i get an invite? (NA) @ameancow

thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emtheory
Mar 15, 2006
please NA invite @emtheory

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Is there a separate crafting guild?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Is bow worth for leveling, or should i stick with dual wield for my nightblade.

also, how much of the game am i missing if i dont pay any money?

Cimber fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 9, 2018

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Cimber posted:

Is bow worth for leveling, or should i stick with dual wield for my nightblade.

also, how much of the game am i missing if i dont pay any money?

If you're going the stamina Nightblade route, level them both as you go. If you tend to do more killing with your dual wield bar then just make sure to do quest turn-ins with your bow equipped.

As for going free to play, you miss out on the DLC zones and dungeons, as well as a couple skill lines (though the skills certainly aren't required; more or less just handy passives). Most of the DLC zones are fantastic though, and subbing also gets you the almighty craft bag. As a crafter I couldn't live without that thing.

In the end though it all depends on what floats your boat in terms of content.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Can I get a Chill Bros invite? (NA) @Tsar.Mikey

Thanks!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I started as a Dark Elf Dragonknight going with Earthen Heart and focusing on 2-handed weapons. I did the starting isle, then hosed off to Anvil as soon as I realized I could fast-travel there to do the Dark Brotherhood quests while leveling Ledgerman by fencing stuff taken from the guards bodies when I gently caress up and am spotted. How badly have I hosed up my character so far? Also, are the square runes for enchanting supposed to be incredible rare? Because I seem to find the other two shapes quite easily, but never the square runes.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Randalor posted:

I started as a Dark Elf Dragonknight going with Earthen Heart and focusing on 2-handed weapons. I did the starting isle, then hosed off to Anvil as soon as I realized I could fast-travel there to do the Dark Brotherhood quests while leveling Ledgerman by fencing stuff taken from the guards bodies when I gently caress up and am spotted. How badly have I hosed up my character so far? Also, are the square runes for enchanting supposed to be incredible rare? Because I seem to find the other two shapes quite easily, but never the square runes.

Respecs are very cheap and easy. Don't worry about it! Only costs like a thousand gold.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Randalor posted:

You can do the Dark Brotherhood quests at any level. I just finished running a nightblade through them from level 4 to 12.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
You can buy the square runes from the various Enchanters. It used to be rune nodes were separated by type, but then it was changed so that a single node can give multiples. I think that's when they also changed it so square runes are sold by NPCs.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
not sure i am loving my nightblade, but i only got up to level 7. Trying out a sword and board based...sorcerer?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren::siren::siren:FASHION SCROLLS ONLINE:siren::siren::siren:

PLANET ORC :black101:

The Holy Warrior

Samurai Sorc

Argonian Healer Setup

Bonus - Made a 15th character, comedy names all over again.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Naryu Virian showed up again

Being extremely annoyed at an NPC making her do busywork and then disappearing a minute later is a perfect way to use her too

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Just started playing today. I like it! Could I get a guild invite (NA) please? Edit: thanks

To bitch: holy gently caress this may have been the slowest installation of a game I've ever seen in my life. Took 7 loving hours.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 14, 2018

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Do any of y'all know the dye colors that most closely match the colors of the Austere Warden outfit?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Noobie question: I'm like level 6 right now so I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but why is it that when I look at Dragonknight tank builds and then look at my skill tree, I can't find most of the skills the build mentions? I'm wearing all Heavy armor. I've got the sword and board. But I don't see "Choking Talons" or "Green Dragon Blood" or any of that?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Advice: never, ever, level as tank. Level as DPS, actually have fun doing it, and then respec tank at max level.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

Noobie question: I'm like level 6 right now so I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but why is it that when I look at Dragonknight tank builds and then look at my skill tree, I can't find most of the skills the build mentions? I'm wearing all Heavy armor. I've got the sword and board. But I don't see "Choking Talons" or "Green Dragon Blood" or any of that?

Most skills will have something named a Morph when you reach max xp bar rank 4 of the ability. It resets the rank to 0 and allows you to chose between one of two better abilities. From what I've seen, the design is usually one uses stamina and the other magicka. You pick the one for the resource you focus on (ie, MagBlade or StamBlade).

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Aramek posted:

Advice: never, ever, level as tank. Level as DPS, actually have fun doing it, and then respec tank at max level.

Is max level is CP160?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Aramek posted:

This is good advice but I'm an edge case: I exclusively play these games with my wife and she's always my pocket DPS or healer so I enjoy tanking for her.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Aramek posted:

Someone in guild chat was saying they leveled as a tank and mostly just insta-queued for dungeons :shrug:

i want to make a tank someday but id probably level as a 2hander cuz i want to hit stuff with a 2 handed weapon for a bit

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Imagined posted:

This is good advice but I'm an edge case: I exclusively play these games with my wife and she's always my pocket DPS or healer so I enjoy tanking for her.

:kimchi: okay, let's make you the bestest tank/DPS you can be.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Most skills will have something named a Morph when you reach max xp bar rank 4 of the ability. It resets the rank to 0 and allows you to chose between one of two better abilities. From what I've seen, the design is usually one uses stamina and the other magicka. You pick the one for the resource you focus on (ie, MagBlade or StamBlade).

Ok awesome. Thanks.

dromal phrenia posted:

Someone in guild chat was saying they leveled as a tank and mostly just insta-queued for dungeons :shrug:

This is what we did in WoW and FFXIV. I could never deal with DPS dungeon finder queues again after experiencing what tank's are like.

Aramek posted:

:kimchi: okay, let's make you the bestest tank/DPS you can be.

:kimchi: It's really quite disgusting how much we love each other.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

:kimchi: post both of your @handles and we'll get you both in the goon guild, assuming PC NA. I'll hook you up with some leveling clothes. You disgust me.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

MoraleHazard posted:

Is max level is CP160?

160 CP is max gear tier. You can spend up to 720 CP now. You keep gaining it afterwards, but 720 is the current spendable cap.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Aramek posted:

:kimchi: post both of your @handles and we'll get you both in the goon guild, assuming PC NA. I'll hook you up with some leveling clothes. You disgust me.

We got in last night, thanks!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

:kimchi: It's really quite disgusting how much we love each other.

That is very :kimchi: and good.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I bet I love Aramek more than you love your wife!

edit: :kimchi:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'll suck dick for dreugh wax

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dromal phrenia posted:

I bet I love Aramek more than you love your wife!

edit: :kimchi:

Aramek is in a special category since you can't not love him. :kimchi:

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
NOT TO BREAK UP THE CIRCLE OF KIMCHI but i'm having some kind of weird internal error and i can't even load up the help page the error tells me to go to....

Is everything broken or is it me?

(edit: it is ARAMEK-SENPAI NOTICE ME)

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

atomicgeek posted:

NOT TO BREAK UP THE CIRCLE OF KIMCHI but i'm having some kind of weird internal error and i can't even load up the help page the error tells me to go to....

Is everything broken or is it me?

(edit: it is ARAMEK-SENPAI NOTICE ME)

Things are hosed for a majillion Steam users

https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/963934304366661632

http://downdetector.com/status/the-elder-scrolls-online/map/

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Annnnnnd we're back

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

God loving damnit, this poo poo is still broken for Steam. Internal error bullshit is still going on based on all the rage on forums. I just wanted to drink and play ESO, motherfuckers.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Why are people buying it on Steam? It's an online game available directly, Steam is nothing but an extra gate.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I don't own the game through Steam but it should be obvious that more than a few people probably play this through Steam by this point, from adopting it later on or getting a sale through Steam

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I won’t buy games if they aren’t on Steam. I like having everything in one place, and havign a fuckery free interface. Steam is one convenient place for me to update games, keep track of their news, discussion forums, sales, use the interface to see hours logged, etc etc.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 15, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shy posted:

Why are people buying it on Steam? It's an online game available directly, Steam is nothing but an extra gate.

I wish I hadn't because everyone including myself can see my hours played

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Shy posted:

Because the digital copy I bought online was a steam key so I had to use steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Randalor posted:

Because the digital copy I bought online was a steam key so I had to use steam?

fwiw you bought from a lovely unauthorized key reseller. Not blaming you because the thread loves latching on those so it's hard to tell.