Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Played and won my first quick match! I feel a bit bad, though. I think my opponent may not have known how to play Rukyuk, and I was using Alexian who I'm pretty familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Hey, for anyone not on the discord I'm looking to get folks together for Devastation Remastered. I've got a fairly large crew on the discord, but I figure that anyone interested in the project deserves the chance to get in on it.

A few things:

Firstly, these changes assume that the standard for the game will be Force Gauge, Dodge. There are no plans to change that for the forseeable future. These changes assume absolutely nothing about any components or cards in Devastation Remastered, these are only for balance changes.

Secondly, while we value all fan input on these things, in the end the final say will come down to the Level 99 team. We hope to hear your thoughts on everything! After all is said and done, we'll make the changes we view as healthiest for the game. This might not be your particular vision for the character, but we hope that everything goes well and we definitely value the feedback.

To join, please visit this Google sheet, and add your Discord name in the General tab, under Players. This way we know to reach out to you for that specific character. Communication will be done in the official Discord group, which can be found here

Thanks a ton!

< Insert forum signature with complicated graphics banner >

Andarel fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 24, 2017

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

That's awesome but please don't sign your posts here. I might check that out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Pixel Tactics 6 just got greenlit, per Ithry over on the L99 Discord. Probably no Kickstarter, just straight to press.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I keep trying to pick up Pixel Tactics from a local game store, but every time all they have are the Mega Man ones. Even when I saw Level 99 at PAX Unplugged, it was just Megaman.

No Battlecon, either.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I'm certain you could get them to order it for you.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

With at least one of my distributors, Pixel Tactics 1 and 2 are out of stock and their stock levels are really low on 3-5 and the Deluxe set.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Megaman Pixel Tactics is pretty good, though, isn't it?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Yes it is. It seems to mix fine with the regular set for constructed as well.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Half Price Books got distribution rights for new copies of Pixel Tactics 1, that's where I got my copy.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, I know the local HPB got a lot of copies of PT2 for whatever reason.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just saw that BattleCON Online finally is in Open Alpha, so I'm hoping to play with some goons and get some games in while it's fresh. I love BattleCON, so I'm hoping it gets really popular.

https://discord.gg/jXGWtXn

e: I am hella late to this party lmao.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 25, 2017

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I've finally found someone to play this with but he just bought a copy of Trials of Indines and I have a copy of Fate of Indines. There are small differences, should we just go off his rules since they're newer? Can I no longer overload for 1 soak? Uh...thats pretty much the only difference I've noticed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jodai posted:

Should we just go off his rules since they're newer?
Yes.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Trials removed pulse and soak, and yeah, that's the updated rules.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Cool, I'm always worried that the answer is going to be more complicated. Most of the time, after game nights I come home and look up how many rules we got wrong but I guess we did alright this time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You can get the latest version of the rules from this page: https://www.level99games.com/battlecon

Just in case you wanted a PDF copy of the Trials rulebook.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I've made a Indines Fan Cyclopedia with most of the publicly-available Indines setting information out there compiled into a single document.

Enjoy! Or don't, there's no pressure involved.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 1, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I've made a Indines Fan Cyclopedia with most of the publicly-available Indines setting information out there compiled into a single document.

Enjoy! Or don't, there's no pressure involve.

That was you? I love you.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So how busted/broken are the old boxes (such as Devastation) with the new rules? I am considering picking it up but due to supply issues I can't get any of the other ones.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Just a heads up there's going to be a Kickstarter for Devestation remastered this summer with balance changes for characters I think.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah. Trials is the ideal starter kit, but they're going to be reprinting Devastation sometime this year with some heavy rebalancing and a lot of the rules updates that have come down the pipe since its original printing. It's definitely still playable (outside of about five or so characters that are way too far to either side of the balance spectrum), but so much has changed that it's worth holding out if you can.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's definitely still playable (outside of about five or so characters that are way too far to either side of the balance spectrum)

Arec, Ottavia, Kaitlynn, Voco, and...?

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Marmalee I bet.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, I'd put Marmelee on that list. She's not utterly crap like Voco is, but it's an an uphill battle with her in a lot of matchups within the set and she has an almost poisonous level of badfeel with her UA for her supposed flight.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

She got better with the Force Gauge, but

ugh

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I just hope there's the possibility of an Upgrade tier in that kickstarter...though the amount of new stuff, what with the tuckboxes and all, might rule that out.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Brad's confirmed there will be an upgrade tier.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I meant more in the sense of what the upgrade tier contains. Will it be just whatever characters are changed? Or can I get storage box, tuckboxes and bases for everyone to make it match Trials; without any unchanged characters? At that point the upgrade is like...80% of what a complete box would be.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
It will be the changed characters, plus tuckboxes and bases to bring Devastation, War, and Fate up to the Trials standard, per what Brad's said. Plus a storage box.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

And there won't be any artwork changes, I asked him about that specifically.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Well hot diggity dog. There's a reason I love L99

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

MollyMetroid posted:

It will be the changed characters, plus tuckboxes and bases to bring Devastation, War, and Fate up to the Trials standard, per what Brad's said. Plus a storage box.

Holy poo poo...!

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Look what game just went up on TTS

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've never played that, but maybe I will now.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Not many people have, since this is the first time it's publicly available in any form.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just picked this up the other day (got a copy of Devastation of Indines and a copy of War of Indines off Amazon), and I noticed something odd just now when I was going through some of the cards in Devastation.

The Slide base for the EX cards has a power of 1, but the card text says that it can't hit opponents. Is the Power value a typo, or is the "This attack can't hit opponents" line a copy/paste error? It just seems odd for the base to still have a Power value if it can't actually hit anything.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The power value is a typo there. It's a yellow card right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

S.J. posted:

The power value is a typo there. It's a yellow card right?

Yeah, it's the yellow one, the Dash equivalent. It just seemed weird to me that the other versions of the yellow base (standard, beta, Almighty) all have a Power of N/A, but that one had a Power of 1, so I thought I'd ask to make sure there wasn't something I was overlooking.