Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Modus Pwnens posted:

Someone hasn't played PUBG

I almost included a caveat for pubg but I decided against it because I was talking more in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Aquasnake posted:

Should I buy Disgaea 5 to scratch a tactics itch, or wait an unknown amount of time for Fire Emblem to be announced and released?

Get Mercenaries Saga Chronicles. It's basically FFT-light and is relatively cheap. There's a ton of content for being a port of a mobile game so it should keep you busy.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Andrast posted:

I almost included a caveat for pubg but I decided against it because I was talking more in general

It is a cheating hellscape considering how Dark Souls 1 and 2 ended up.

Or MGSV.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SeANMcBAY posted:

I never really saw any online fuckery even after 3DS and Wii U were hacked so I doubt itll be a huge issue.

You must not have been looking very hard then.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Healbot posted:

It is a cheating hellscape considering how Dark Souls 1 and 2 ended up.

Or MGSV.

I’ve played hundreds of hours of online ds1 and 2 and can count amount of cheaters I’ve seen with one hand

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Improbable Lobster posted:

You must not have been looking very hard then.

I've met cheaters like three times after playing Splatoon for hundreds of hours. Never met any in Smash or Mario Kart.

Laggers are a more rampant cause of issues tbh, if anything they should be banned or segregated into a ghetto so they can play with other shitters on horrible uplinks

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I remember going in the Smash Bros replay channel thing and someone had uploaded a video called "Hacker. Shameful" or something

The fight was against a Greninja and he used his side-b a couple times which makes him teleport. Clearly the player had no idea he's supposed to disappear like that and suicided twice. Can't be playing against opponents that use legal moves! !!!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is there a chance of seeing a goty edition of Zelda? I'm wondering if I should just play some other games and wait, or just pick up a copy right now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there a chance of seeing a goty edition of Zelda? I'm wondering if I should just play some other games and wait, or just pick up a copy right now.

Just pick up a copy, it's well worth playing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Aquasnake posted:

Should I buy Disgaea 5 to scratch a tactics itch, or wait an unknown amount of time for Fire Emblem to be announced and released?

yeah I hadn't played Disgaea since the first game back in highschool but 5 is super fun. at any given point there's always so much poo poo to do, it's my perfect game to pick up and kill a few minutes with

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Should I PO Bayonetta? What's it like? Is a moaning witch gonna be embarrassing playing near my wife?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I don't think Bayonetta moans that much

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Some more insights over how Gal Metal works from the perspective of the producer himself, Tak Fujii.

4Gamer posted:

(talk of why Gal Metal doesn't have notes flying all over the screen)

4Gamer: Wouldn’t the game be very easy then?

Tak Fujii, producer: “That’s not it, it’s that the entire line of thinking on what is being tested is different from other rhythm games. In rhythm games, a lot of the time you ‘follow the map and input the key on time, or else you lose points’, but Gal Metal looks for the musical elements. It’s something like a classical musical competition in real life.”

4Gamer: Like a classical musical competition, you say?

Fujii: “For example, in a piano competition, playing all the notes correctly is taken for granted. People start with 100 marks, and from then on are judged based on their approach, their pauses, and other artistic elements. Gal Metal is a game that tries to bring that sort of thinking as a game.

As I mentioned earlier, we focused on letting players ad-lib and follow the flow, letting players upload their videos, maybe gain some laughs… Things that make a player feel proud of their performance.”

4Gamer: So even if you don’t score well, you still have fun.

Fujii: “Yes. If you just want to get the score, there are ‘HOT’ phrases throughout the session, that you can drum to get a higher score. But this game is about understanding the song, then drumming to your own interpretation.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1x3Lp2KcrQ

“I may have exaggerated my playing for the camera. (laughs) But really, drum as you like. The difference in scoring represents the basics of drumming, so as you look for a way to raise the score, you naturally start to understand the drums. After you become able to clear it, try breaking away from the performance, and finding a cooler arrangement for yourself.”

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

E2M2 posted:

Should I PO Bayonetta? What's it like? Is a moaning witch gonna be embarrassing playing near my wife?

If your wife is a square, sure.

Its a super fun game, but there's some casual near nudity involved in combo enders and super moves for a stupid in-game rationalisation not worth going over. And even without that, the main character in Bayonetta looks like Bayonetta. Basically if you think your wife is gonna roll her eyes, yeah probably.

Relatedly, my wife is a fan of the game and still said "Oh, come on" when she saw the Princess Peach costume on the Wii U version so maybe never use that.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Not Operator posted:

Relatedly, my wife is a fan of the game and still said "Oh, come on" when she saw the Princess Peach costume on the Wii U version so maybe never use that.

Tbf it's a pretty bad outfit. Not in any sexy way or anything like that, it just looks dumb

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She does that anime villainess "Ho ho ho hoooo" laugh sometimes, not really much moaning. Except the opening cutscene where she kind of orgasms as she gets an angel to cut off her dress.

Also yeah don't use the princes peach costume when you can use princess Daisy costume

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Ventana posted:

Tbf it's a pretty bad outfit. Not in any sexy way or anything like that, it just looks dumb

Yeah, I dont disagree with either of you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

PC online games aren’t a cheating hellscape and cheating is way easier on pc than any hacked console

Someone hasn't played Dark Souls PC online

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

poonchasta posted:

The next Switch will be a hickory switch for parents to spank their kids with since they do nothing but play the Nintendo Switch.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They can use the same sound effect

This made my day. Thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurai vs Kamiya gaming philosophy

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/963020524971614209?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I want to imagine Kamiya would basically be 801strider from here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU8u10FhM0

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

goferchan posted:

I don't think Bayonetta moans that much

Hard pass.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

E2M2 posted:

Bayonetta is a cool and classy lady and if your wife has any tastes, she will like her. :colbert:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The Nintendo Switch is PERFECT for when you’re worried video game titties are going to embarrass you in front of your wife. You just Switch (click) to handheld mode and go off to another room to masturbate play your Switch.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My buddy visited this weekend and he brought his Switch so we could play Puyo and Rocket League. It was really slick to drop his Switch into the dock at my house. Connecting my joycons and Pro to his Switch and back to mine was a painless experience. RL even saved my controller settings to the account I made on his Switch.

It was a straight forward experience and it was awesome. It felt like being in grade school and and taking SNES carts and later memory cards to friends.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

E2M2 posted:

I can confirm it is embarrassing to play near your wife. However, you can undock now it at least

I definitely had to do this for Xenoblade 2 so she'd stop making fun of pyra's tits being bigger than her head

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Wildtortilla posted:

It was really slick to drop his Switch into the dock at my house. Connecting my joycons and Pro to his Switch and back to mine was a painless experience. RL even saved my controller settings to the account I made on his Switch.

Ok you guys clearly had sex.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What do I need to get both 1 and 2? Im out of the loop

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pug Rodeo posted:

Ok you guys clearly had sex.

:agreed:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Buy Bayonetta 2 physical, get a code for 1.

Buy Bayonetta 1 or Bayonetta 2 digital, get a discount on the other.

e: Also everybody just be honest with your partner about your witch games.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

What do I need to get both 1 and 2? Im out of the loop

Buy them.

Buy 2 physical get a free DL code for 1
or
Buy 1 & 2 digital in any order and get automatic discount to same price
or
Steal a pre-licked cart and then lick it yourself

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone hasn't played Dark Souls PC online

Hundreds of hours (Mostly ds2, some ds1). Barely any cheaters.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's bizarrely hard, or I'm absolutely terrible. I'm at level 11 and a level 9 random forest monkey kills me every time I try to fight it. I took on some sidequests to level up but they just send me against random monster that are my level or lower who always beat me, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Guy Goodbody posted:

gently caress learning all the nonsense systems in this game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wildtortilla posted:

My buddy visited this weekend and he brought his Switch so we could play Puyo and Rocket League. It was really slick to drop his Switch into the dock at my house. Connecting my joycons and Pro to his Switch and back to mine was a painless experience. RL even saved my controller settings to the account I made on his Switch.

It was a straight forward experience and it was awesome. It felt like being in grade school and and taking SNES carts and later memory cards to friends.

This last december I had to take some paid leave and sit at home before it expired. A group of like 6 of us got really into sitting in the same room and playing Splatoon 2 all day and slotting in switches to see each other's zelda saves and stuff. It's a really social system

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
share your naked orgasming witch action game

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I really can't loving wait to play Bayonetta again.

Hey Nintendo, get Platinum to make Vanquish 2 while you've got them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Marry someone who appreciates asses as much as you do

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is the witch game out this week

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

a.lo posted:

is the witch game out this week

It's out Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Friday is being renamed Bayonetta Friday.

• Locked thread