Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bump_fn let's get drunk on a train instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I was just a rich York tourist there to gawk at the locals waiting for a train to a village

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I'm so bourg I know that east coast 1st class was better when it was in state hands

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Tories should focus a little less on the plight of the straight able bodied white man and a little more on jpeg artifacts, imo

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Yinlock posted:

also antisemitism
Nah, the antisemitism was always there, it didn't cause the Nazis. The Germans had been plenty content to for the most part just quietly hate/envy the Jews for a long time, took some specific circumstances to make them embrace their antisemitism.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

bump_fn posted:

last time i took eurostar the guy i was sitting next to pulled out a 4pack and plowed through it over the two hours
I was on a train to Brighton a few years ago in a carriage with a guy who downed an entire bottle of Pernod in the hour he took to get there. I mean, thats pretty disgusting but at the same time....respect.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

bump_fn posted:

yeah its real cool having german technocrats destroy the entirety of greece cause their grandparents became nazis due to inflation

fake news, there ain't been greeks walking around since the 1400s

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Sucks to be europe/britain, the NY Times said the age of austerity is over in America after the big spending big deficit budget we just passed.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

Bump_fn let's get drunk on a train instead

pm me tho I don’t think there’s a train to NI

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/962779031233028097

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

hakimashou posted:

Sucks to be europe/britain, the NY Times said the age of austerity is over in America after the big spending big deficit budget we just passed.

gently caress off

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

hakimashou posted:

if the Tories announced an end to austerity they'd inadvertently have a surplus within the year

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

lmao yes I'm sure the prison labour controllers who will benefit from the massive arms contracts the US is putting out will trickle down their wealth just like how Glasgow and Leeds have the highest standard of living in the UK due to their large arms factories.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Bryter posted:

if the Tories announced an end to austerity they'd inadvertently have a surplus within the year

This is unironically true.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

we should get some free benzo's to make train journeys for pleasant when they're nationalised

I'll take the free benzos but train journeys are pretty pleasant as they are. So long as it's not a commuter train, they are misery.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ew guys if you're gonna respond to the Nazis posts plz don't quote them so us sensible lads and lasses have to step in that dogshit with you

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopantsjack posted:

Ew guys if you're gonna respond to the Nazis posts plz don't quote them so us sensible lads and lasses have to step in that dogshit with you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"small business" jezza, friend to all our hard-working job creators

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress off Hamprince

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"small business" jezza, friend to all our hard-working job creators

It seems strange that you, the worthless turd elemental who shits up American politics threads, would not emphasize the fact that he said he would support workers cooperatives.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

It seems strange that you, the worthless turd elemental who shits up American politics threads, would not emphasize the fact that he said he would support workers cooperatives.

You know as well as I do that he didn't finish reading that sentence.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I used to have one of those anti swastika stickers on my backpack when I was in school.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

hakimashou posted:

I used to have one of those anti swastika stickers on my backpack when I was in school.

gently caress off

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm pro-brexit because Tony Benn was pro-brexit and if its good enough for Tony Benn it's good enough for me.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

hakimashou posted:

You seem like someone who does not give much thought into their political positions

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

bump_fn posted:

yeah its real cool having german technocrats destroy the entirety of greece cause their grandparents became nazis due to inflation

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

:flashfap:

Can't wait to see what the Telegraph writes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Gum posted:

You seem like someone who does not give much thought into their political positions

US politics are easy I just always vote for democrats.

US politics is a house fire that I try to turn my face away from these days though so I'm learning all about british politics instead since its Somebody Else's Problem.

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 02:05 on Feb 12, 2018

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

hakimashou posted:

US politics are easy I just always vote for democrats.

US politics is a house fire that I try to turn my face away from these days though so I'm learning all about british politics instead since its Somebody Else's Problem.

Weird. I quoted your post and then a second paragraph showed up

Ask yourself why you felt the need to justify yourself

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gum posted:

uh he already said democrat

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Gum posted:

Weird. I quoted your post and then a second paragraph showed up

whoa

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Third World Reggin posted:

uh he already said democrat

He made a joke about democrats doing gently caress all to justify himself doing gently caress all

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Gum posted:

He made a joke about democrats doing gently caress all to justify himself doing gently caress all

Not really... I vote and I give money to them what else can I do?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Gum posted:

Or anything else, for that matter.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Nah, the antisemitism was always there, it didn't cause the Nazis. The Germans had been plenty content to for the most part just quietly hate/envy the Jews for a long time, took some specific circumstances to make them embrace their antisemitism.
heh you've only seen 10% of my antisemite power

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yinlock posted:

heh you've only seen 10% of my antisemite power

it's...over six million! *hugo boss uniform explodes*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
im the legendary super stalin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imo i would like to make more nazi puns with dbz but dbz had very simple names while nazis named poo poo with german complexity so poo poo don't jive

congrats on superstalin tho, i'm not sure i can do better

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Crowsbeak posted:

:flashfap:

Can't wait to see what the Telegraph writes.

The water company response was "uhhh actually although prices have risen year on year every year since privatisation we're just about to lower prices! You fool!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

never fly air france if you can avoid it too they cut me off mid flight because "I think you've had enough" despite the fact i was just sitting watching films the judgemental wankers

You brits are booze hounds