Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They are making more maps and presumably more guns and vehicles for said maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Snow maps with skis. And you can use melee at the same time.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Carecat posted:

They'll never make a snow map, because no one can decide if snow is quiet or loud.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Underwater level

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Philman posted:

We did some car only games and it owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2utyx3_Y8bI

This was so much fun, highly recommended

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

drunken officeparty posted:

Underwater level

space level

also when weather back

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

What's in store for PUBG:

A lobby that doesn't work. Forever.
Adding new features once in a while at an incredibly slow pace. Expect a simple feature like being able to choose what map you want to play on to take around 8 months after they first mention it. New features have a 6% chance of working correctly when released. Each new feature will break a random number of other things in the game between 4 and 12. Bugs occur at different levels from "common" to "legendary" to keep things interesting.
Hackers. So many hackers.
Anti-hacker patches, including bans.
Many new hacks within hours which get around the anti-hacker patches.
A new map at some point, with the size and number of towns/buildings completely misjudged.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

First solo game this season and I get a chicken dinner :allears:

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

They'll never make a snow map, because no one can decide if snow is quiet or loud.

Snow can be both.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol on that pubgsettings site they say the best mouse is the logitech g5. that's my all time fave mouse (i even paid out the nose for a still boxed one about a year or so back). mad they don't make it anymore.

Actually the all time best is the logitech g9x. You're welcome.

Too bad it costs like $250 nowadays.

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

credburn posted:

Should I not have posted such an inconsequential story, or...? I thought I was contributing.

someone said that to me long ago in another thread about another game when I made a similar post, just passing on the sass

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Rex-Goliath posted:

Pretty much the only time I have a chance at a chicken dinner is after a season reset. After I play 20 games, I get matched up against players that are a lot better than I am due to a very bad matchmaking system.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

uniball posted:

in Cars Only news we finished season 1 right on top: 1st/2nd/3rd/6th/7th in the world for road kills per game and 1st/2nd/6th for total road kills.

here's a new vid of us doing cars

My friends and I need to up our game. I'm #3 in the world for regular Squad roadkills per game, and two of my friends are #6 and #8. We've been dabbling in FPP car murder as well (I like it more but one dude prefers TPP).

And I'm right behind your friends for total roadkills (#4).

All this season, not last.

poo poo another one of our squad registered on the tracker and now I'm #4. Hah.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 12, 2018

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I’m looking forward to the update where it doesn’t freeze your game momentarily when you get shot. That is gonna be pretty good. Looking forward to 2019

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

How the heck is your "ranking" calculated? It tells me I'm the top 2% of players, I've never got a chicken dinner....

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Arkangelus posted:

Elman posted:

Does anyone else get really weird lagspikes when running into an enemy or getting shot? I mean stuff like this.

The game just randomly chokes from time to time, usually right around the time I get shot. It basically kills any chance I might have of reacting, and it happens often enough to be a pain. I think it only started after last patch?

neurotech posted:

I was getting this, and removing all my launch options from the game in Steam seems to have fixed it for me.
Conversely, I fixed the issue by adding "-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10 -malloc=system -lowmemory" to the launch options.

Also seconding the dislike for the new map and feeling like there's too much open space/not enough vehicles. Re: vehicles it seems like only the covered pickup is a viable option for squads. Though I guess better players already split up into multiple vehicles so maybe its a "being bad" problem.

After one of the recent updates I started having this problem again. Tried removing launch options but it's still happening. Anyone know of any other solutions to the problem?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Carecat posted:

I would probably pay to much to be able to play this game as Snow Job from GIJoe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It might just be in my head but since adding the game process to windows 10 virus scanning exclusion I haven't gotten stuck on the loading screen at all.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

It might just be in my head but since adding the game process to windows 10 virus scanning exclusion I haven't gotten stuck on the loading screen at all.

I have once so far.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Today I learned that a truck can roll a car if it T bones it.

And also that it doesn't matter.

https://i.imgur.com/xyWAiHF.mp4

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

We just got a vehicle only squad win

The last guy was hiding in Gatka in the last house that was in, and wouldn't come out even though the blue was pushing him out.

4 kills personally and we only lost 1 guy to a badass suicide vehicle explosion that took out two guys.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 12, 2018

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Can’t fix this freezing when shot bug/feature so I think that might be it for me

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

So I flipped my car in a squad match and ran up behind a guy and started punching him as he shot at my teammates. He stopped shooting and none of my punches did anything, it was like punching nothing. Another squad mate ran up and did the same but as soon as I turned away the guy came back to life and immediately iced us with an M4.

Saved the video so I'll throw it up tomorrow.

Edit: gently caress it, here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcX0PdY3hBU

Also just made #2!

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 12, 2018

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Can’t fix this freezing when shot bug/feature so I think that might be it for me

This happened to me last patch, it effectively means you will lose 95% of encounters, it’s bullshit and there is no fix as far as I can’t find except wait for next patch .....

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Elman posted:

Actually the all time best is the logitech g9x. You're welcome.

Too bad it costs like $250 nowadays.

If you find a logitech mouse you like, you should buy 10 of them. They always stop making the good ones with no direct replacement.

Logitech MX1000 was the best mouse for CAD design by a mile when it came out. They stopped making it and there was nothing equivalent for ages... Then they brought out the MX1100, same thing though. Now there is nothing with as many buttons in places as good.

Both of these mice can be bought at ridiculous prices (couple of hundred bucks).

Doesn't surprise me at all that this also applies to gaming mice.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Rex-Goliath posted:

Doc alt account spotted

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

AEMINAL posted:

This was so much fun, highly recommended

Agreed. It was great to just goof around and have some laughs. When you can't git gud, git goofy.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

We've (Me, Flaggy, Speked, Gav, Ownenated so far) also started playing some "cars only".

It is waaaaaay more fun than playing "normally".

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

We've (Me, Flaggy, Speked, Gav, Ownenated so far) also started playing some "cars only".

It is waaaaaay more fun than playing "normally".

It really is. Even if you go "tryhard" mode in cars only it's hilarious and good.

We ran into another cars only squad a few days ago and were at a stalemate until one of their bikes flipped, we knocked the dude out, then they kept trying to get out and revive him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I did cars only last night and kept thinking hitting the car the other person got out of and is behind shooting from would get pushed and crush them if I rammed it, but no it's just like hitting a wall leaving you stopped right in front of the gun.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I did cars only last night and kept thinking hitting the car the other person got out of and is behind shooting from would get pushed and crush them if I rammed it, but no it's just like hitting a wall leaving you stopped right in front of the gun.

Depends. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Janky rear end physics, dude.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

When vehicle hits vehicle, nothing is guaranteed. Quite often if a bike hits a UAZ, the UAZ will go flying and the bike will be unaffected, for example. Sometimes you crash into a stationary vehicle and it shunts it forward, other times it's as if nothing has happened.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

When vehicle hits vehicle, nothing is guaranteed. Quite often if a bike hits a UAZ, the UAZ will go flying and the bike will be unaffected, for example. Sometimes you crash into a stationary vehicle and it shunts it forward, other times it's as if nothing has happened.

Accurate. Buddy of mine drove his two seat bike in front of me, and my UAZ barely bumped him.

I was launched into space and died on impact.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

https://twitter.com/NiPGaming/status/963092588440911872

Someone translate this for me. Also, there are no UAZ's on Mirimar, WAY TO GO CHINA.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
No one barefoot in underpants, 3/10

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

No one barefoot in underpants, 3/10

Time to edit myself in.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Killer_Bees! posted:

This happened to me last patch, it effectively means you will lose 95% of encounters, it’s bullshit and there is no fix as far as I can’t find except wait for next patch .....

Lower the "Effects" setting to Medium or Low, if you've already done that buy a better compute

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/NiPGaming/status/963092588440911872

Someone translate this for me. Also, there are no UAZ's on Mirimar, WAY TO GO CHINA.

How does she have a Groza but no helmet or vest

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The Mash posted:

How does she have a Groza but no helmet or vest

You don't spend all morning picking out an outfit just to ruin it with that tryhard fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The hilarious thing to me in that trailer is someone actually cared enough to build sets and scout spots that looks bit bits from the map. I'm not sure that I've ever seen the attention to detail in a video game commercial.