Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

this is some savage af dunking on Aya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Nakano and Misuzu are queens of the self-own.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm totally into these faces.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Yashima is quickly becoming Best Boy of this series on account of how much he doesn't gaf

MinorRed posted:

If anybody else wants it

I'm not sure if those are holes or if she literally can't see and I don't want to know

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Ohhhh my goooooddddd they are sooooo close

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We are in red alert, ladies and gentlemen. Don't get your hopes up, but be prepared for anything.:siren:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Incoming Mana bomb? Please? :pray:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Powerful philosophical concept: indeed many logical thought chains can be concluded by the result of "there's not much ham in this sandwich".

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Do you end up with a hammich if you have too much of it?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

D. Ebdrup posted:

Do you end up with a hammich if you have too much of it?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Shinjobi posted:

We are in red alert, ladies and gentlemen. Don't get your hopes up, but be prepared for anything.:siren:

This sequence is a flashback, remember. We already know it's going to end with Aya mad at Toda. He's going to bottle it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I think it'll be the other way around. I bet she's gonna try too hard to cover and shut him down and then feel like an idiot

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

According to my local deli, there is no such thing as 'too much' in a sandwich, only normal and fresser.

Which is half a pound of meat between two slices of bread. And, while they are more famous for their kosher stuff, Rein's apparently does ham.

What I' m saying is, you can't have too much sandwich meat.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Does it really qualify as a metaphor at this point?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wait, is Toda actually thinking that or is that just Nakano imagining what Toda is thinking?

I noticed that Toda has uncharacteristically had virtually no fantasies ever since Nakano's whole revelation about her coming up with the specific imagery.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, is Toda actually thinking that or is that just Nakano imagining what Toda is thinking?

I noticed that Toda has uncharacteristically had virtually no fantasies ever since Nakano's whole revelation about her coming up with the specific imagery.

Pretty sure the colored Nakano with the dialogue is her visualization based on his thought "Arrg, I want to ask her what she thinks of me. I really want to know" The line "do I have to spell it out for you" is unlikely to be his own, with his current incredible worry about what she thinks of him.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 13, 2018

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Theory posted:

The line "do I have to spell it out for you" is unlikely to be his own, with his current incredible worry about what she thinks of him.

I'm pretty sure that line is what he's actually thinking about, which is what's making Nakano choke, that he's basically hit on the exact truth of the matter and she doesn't wanna let it show.

On the flip side, this is Toda, so probably the thing that's making her mad at the end of the day is endlessly fantasizing about confessing to her and never actually doing it.

Ytlaya posted:

Conversely, fantasizing about your crush having a crush on you is basically the same idea, only he's thinking about her eyes instead of the fact she doesn't have a top on.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Why is she always naked inside her imaginings of his thoughts, even when it's something as innocent as her reaction to him?

EDIT: Actually I already know the answer!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DrSunshine posted:

Why is she always naked inside her imaginings of his thoughts, even when it's something as innocent as her reaction to him?

EDIT: Actually I already know the answer!

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Unquenchable

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Well, cue up 100 more comics.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Maybe that'll get her to actually say something.

Not crossing my fingers though.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is almost exactly paralleling when Nakano told Mana about her powers.

I assume Nakano won't be doing that specifically but she's running out of options so she has to take some sort of action, though I expect it to be silly and dumb as befitting her.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

havenwaters posted:

I have no idea how the hell this comic is getting me to love this but I'm eating it up. So cute :3:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Poor Toda, my empathy is strong :kiddo:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

havenwaters posted:

Ohhhhh my gooooodddddd :cripes:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

It's like y'all have never been teenagers before. The "wait maybe she doesn't like me maybe she hates me and always has" thing is so realistic it's painful.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Glagha posted:

It's like y'all have never been teenagers before. The "wait maybe she doesn't like me maybe she hates me and always has" thing is so realistic it's painful.

Me, in every conversation I have with someone I hope will be my friend

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Glagha posted:

Haha, yeah.... problems exclusive to teenagers....

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Haha, yeah.... problems exclusive to teenagers....

Adulthood is assuming from the start that the person you're talking to wants nothing to do with you.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Adulthood is assuming from the start that the person you're talking to wants nothing to do with you.

Old age is not wanting anything to do with anyone who tries to talk to you.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Glagha posted:

Sorry, I'm not gonna be able to relate unless Nakano explicitly flirts with him and he thinks "well, she's probably just being friendly"

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DoubleDonut posted:

Sorry, I'm not gonna be able to relate unless Nakano explicitly flirts with him and he thinks "well, she's probably just being friendly"

Or he completely doesn't notice at all until months later.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Alternatively, thinking everyone wants to hear your story.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Glagha posted:

Eh, that's kind of my default assumption.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That's not old age, that's retail work.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

dublish posted:

That's not old age, that's retail work.

It's not different in white collar work, you just have less volume of people who don't want to hear your poo poo/you want to hear their poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

loving gender roles amirite? JUST CONFESS AYA-CHAN!