Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/962688214388695040

I wasn't sold on the 4 dodge roll gimmick when it got revealed in the data mine, but shooting while dodge rolling? :catstare:

Oh, and the map's English name is Goby Arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Money vs. Love @ February 16th 21:00 PT / February 17th 16:00 AET

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

There is no love in a world that allows gherkin-less burgers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Some additional shots of the new stage.

Rather e-sportsy.

Welcome to the slam.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Welcome to the slam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx4CO4YEH34&hd=1

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/962688214388695040

I wasn't sold on the 4 dodge roll gimmick when it got revealed in the data mine, but shooting while dodge rolling? :catstare:

Oh, and the map's English name is Goby Arena.

I bet the weapons themselves are going to do piss weak damage to make up for the gimmick, just like the undercover brella

E: mad that they have the rebound lids on the goals. Shooting baskets with bombs was the best part of the S1 test range. I wanted to make a private party and play HORSE.

Randumb Thots fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 11, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shinmera posted:

Suck it, Gherkins.

gherkins are abominations

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Randumb Thots posted:

I bet the weapons themselves are going to do piss weak damage to make up for the gimmick, just like the undercover brella

Some of the game statistics were data mined and: 28 damage per shot, fire rate of 7 frames in normal mode and 5 in turret mode (for reference, Splat Dualies have a fire rate of 5 frames in normal mode and 4 frames in turret mode), and 0.6% ink cost per shot, making it the most ink efficient Dualies in that regard. Of course we have no idea on how the dodge rolls themselves are, or the exact range, so there's still a lot up in the air about it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the new map looks so good and the new dualies being the soles of shoes is weird as heck

also if you're on team money, you are a capitalist pig and i look forward to gutting you on the battlefield

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
What's turret mode mean? Just firing while stationary?

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

It's the crouching stance you take after rolling that lets you shoot faster and with both crosshairs lined up.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is Ninja Squid a rare trait on items? I've been trying to get one with more than one sub-ability slot because it's perfect for using the ink/octobrush but nobody ever has it in stock.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm Bad at reading

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Is Ninja Squid a rare trait on items? I've been trying to get one with more than one sub-ability slot because it's perfect for using the ink/octobrush but nobody ever has it in stock.

If it helps you, Ninja Squid is only on shirts. The Macha Down Jacket is a Ninja Squid shirt by default, and it has three stars.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I feel like I'm getting more and more afk/leaver/trolls in my games lately :negative:

I'm almost at A rank in tower control though, with pretty steady progress. It just takes a lot of games to advance and the mode cycling really slows me down. Especially when there's a salmon run active. I really like salmon run. :getin:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Gottdamn why would you put a Splatfest on Bayonetta weekend!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Titty Witch will still be there on Monday

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/Lunadatuki/status/962918870641078274

:thunk:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's a newer video. Older videos tend to have more views.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you use the like ratio, Off the Hook are doing better!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Off the Hook > Squid Sisters by a country mile.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

How are there more likes than views?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mil = thousand

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I need a release date for dat amiibo pack

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

In Training posted:

Off the Hook > Squid Sisters by a country mile.

Is a country mile a negative or opposite mile or something

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Official Splatoon NPC Tier List:

AAAA
Judd
L'il Judd

Trash Tier
Everyone Else

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Official Splatoon NPC Tier List:

S+99 Tier
Judd
L'il Judd

C- Tier
Everyone Else

At least use the proper terminology!

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What are people's approaches to playing Arowana splatzones? I can't seem to figure it out, the mid is so far away from spawn it makes it really hard to retake the center if you've lost it. Approaching from the middle ramp puts you at a height disadvantage, and using the side ledges leaves you really exposed.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There's a one star, basic tee shirt with ninja squid in the store app for 8 more hours

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
If you missed the live Off the Hook / Squid Sisters double bill concert last weekend, here it is again. In Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmmejSNEYA

The hamburger-ed version is probably some time later.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dad Jokes posted:

What are people's approaches to playing Arowana splatzones? I can't seem to figure it out, the mid is so far away from spawn it makes it really hard to retake the center if you've lost it. Approaching from the middle ramp puts you at a height disadvantage, and using the side ledges leaves you really exposed.

Coordinate. Wait for someone and approach together. Going into the meat grinder once at a time is folly

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/trintran/status/963152470758182912

The whole thing was rigged. Rigged I say!

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
Why even give Europe food-centric Splatfests. They gently caress it up every time.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Leaf Lock posted:

Why even give Europe food-centric Splatfests. They gently caress it up every time.

Two possible takes:

• It's a game for children and childrens' sense of taste is underdeveloped
  • Have you eaten European food? It can be very dubious

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The brits call pickles "gherkins" and buns "baps", of course they can't be trusted to properly do a food related splatfest

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

what the gently caress

I had to look this up to see if it was real

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dad Jokes posted:

Mall is bad, don't play it is what I do. Mall splatzone is really one of the worst setups

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Dad Jokes posted:

what the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec&t=95s

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dad Jokes posted:

what the gently caress

Huh. Same.

Also, while buns is slang for butt cheeks, baps is slang for breasts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it regularly bears repeating how awesome clam blitz is, they really crushed it with the design of a Ranked Turf War style match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Baps are a Scottish type of bread roll (and they're delicious)

Does anyone remember how close Money vs Love was the first time round in Splatoon?