Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

jivjov posted:

EDIT: I miss the good ol' days of The Book Pattern (Adventure-Career-Location-Career-etc). That would have given each of the three lines a total of 12 supplement books, and a solid balance of different types of content.

36 supplements, plus core books and extras would make for what, a $1200+ collection for completionists. And be about the same as WotC released over 3 editions and 10 years.

On the one hand I hope they don't stop putting out books for it, on the other I've got (nearly) every book so far, so there comes a 'what else do I need' point.

PST fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PST posted:

36 supplements, plus core books and extras would make for what, a $1200+ collection for completionists. And be about the same as WotC released over 3 editions and 10 years.

On the one hand I hope they don't stop putting out books for it, on the other I've got (nearly) every book so far, so there comes a 'what else do I need' point.

Yeah; i've got the complete collection (sans specialization decks), and I strictly speaking don't need all this material...there's some general topics I wish could have been given a supplement. Like the location books in particular. AoR could have used a book detailing either Imperial-held territory or maybe stuff like the Corporate Sector or something. F&D could have gotten a Hapes cluster book, or a book detailing old Jedi Order facilities (a fine distinction from Nexus of Power, to be fair).

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I did find it very strange how the Edge of the Empire book talks about the Empire in much greater detail than Age of Rebellion, when you can play games in EotE that have nothing to do with the Empire, but the premise of AoR pretty much mandates fighting the Empire.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

PST posted:

Bro, please don't tell me how much I've spent on this game that I haven't played in years but still religiously buy every supplement. It's cruel...

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
e: double post

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

PST posted:

Collections? So A collected starships book perhaps.

Yes please, and I don't even play this game. FFG art is stellar, more spaceship paintings please.

Also, what alien is that with the blue lightsaber in the book preview? I know more about the EU than I do most things (:gonk:) and I'm stumped.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 13, 2018

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Has FFG flat-out said there won't be any Imperial sourcebooks?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Madurai posted:

Has FFG flat-out said there won't be any Imperial sourcebooks?

No; but the fact that Dark Side stuff is penalized in F&D seems to indicate that the designers' intent is that all campaigns are light side/hero focused. That's why I figured any Imperial-centric book would be a location one; give dossiers on places the Rebels can infiltrate or attack.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
An Indiana Jones game wouldn't give you rules for playing as the nazis. :colbert:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ProfessorCirno posted:

An Indiana Jones game wouldn't give you rules for playing as the nazis. :colbert:

I mean sure but I want rules and ideas for different types of nazis to punch.

Did they ever actually release TIE Advanced stats?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rebel classes map just fine over to Imperial roles, so you can totally play them if you want to.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ProfessorCirno posted:

Yeah it would, it would be the GM section

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

ProfessorCirno posted:

Not in the first sourcebook. It'd be the Russians and the interdimensional aliens and then you'd have to pay extra for the content you actually care about later.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Now I want FFG to release an Indiana Jones RPG with the Star Wars rules system, thanks thread.

~*~side eyes Genesys~*~

Hippity Hoppity
Mar 18, 2017

heh bleb bleb bleb

donate to the humane society
I'm gonna be in a knight level game as a mechanic/outlaw tech fairly soon, anybody have some advice on starting gear and spec tree investment? I believe the special mods supplement is on the table

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

A disruptor/low crit threshold weapon (or auto fire, but less so) with a laser sight and jury rig will help you keep up with force bullshit.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Hippity Hoppity posted:

I'm gonna be in a knight level game as a mechanic/outlaw tech fairly soon, anybody have some advice on starting gear and spec tree investment? I believe the special mods supplement is on the table

Kill all Force users on sight. Light side, Dark side, it doesn't matter. They're all fuckers and you can't trust them.

Edit: Yes, this includes player characters. Smarmy bastards are using Persuade on you all the time. Oh, they told you that they would never do such a thing? I'm sure you believed them entirely on your own. Entirely.

Cobbsprite fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 15, 2018

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Cobbsprite posted:

Kill all Force users on sight. Light side, Dark side, it doesn't matter. They're all fuckers and you can't trust them.

Edit: Yes, this includes player characters. Smarmy bastards are using Persuade on you all the time. Oh, they told you that they would never do such a thing? I'm sure you believed them entirely on your own. Entirely.

This is literally the backstory of the Droid Hired Gun I made, a G0D-K1L-3R unit :v:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Cobbsprite posted:

Kill 'em all and let The Force sort 'em out.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Received my copy of Dawn of Rebellion today. It's pretty drat awesome, gives me a lot of inspiration. Anyone have any questions about it?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

Received my copy of Dawn of Rebellion today. It's pretty drat awesome, gives me a lot of inspiration. Anyone have any questions about it?

Is it good?

Real question, whats the clone trooper talent tree looking like and do we have TIE Advanced stats?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Just the TIE X1 that the Inquisitors use. Clone tree seems to me to have a lot of cool things- they can give allies +1 defense and +1 soak for an encounter, plus a lot of generic goodstuff soldier-focused abilities.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

Just the TIE X1 that the Inquisitors use. Clone tree seems to me to have a lot of cool things- they can give allies +1 defense and +1 soak for an encounter, plus a lot of generic goodstuff soldier-focused abilities.

That is so weird we dont have that, is this part of the 'dont stat up named npcs' thing they are applying to the ship aswell or something. The clone stuff sounds handy at least.

What about other mechanics, anything they've put in you think is particularly clever?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

kingcom posted:

That is so weird we dont have that, is this part of the 'dont stat up named npcs' thing they are applying to the ship aswell or something. The clone stuff sounds handy at least.

What about other mechanics, anything they've put in you think is particularly clever?

They actually violate that rule pretty hard here- there are state for all the Ghost crew, Ahsoka, Tarkin, the Inquisitors, and even loving Vader. He’s reasonably monstrous as far as I can tell. No stats for the heroes of Rogue One, but stats for Krennic and Death Troopers. Amusingly, they actually give stats for the Death Star, though I can’t imagine how they would be applied.

I like all the character trees, they have some great story hook potential. Baze’s gun has stats and seems like an absolute motherfucker.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

They actually violate that rule pretty hard here- there are state for all the Ghost crew, Ahsoka, Tarkin, the Inquisitors, and even loving Vader. He’s reasonably monstrous as far as I can tell. No stats for the heroes of Rogue One, but stats for Krennic and Death Troopers. Amusingly, they actually give stats for the Death Star, though I can’t imagine how they would be applied.

I like all the character trees, they have some great story hook potential. Baze’s gun has stats and seems like an absolute motherfucker.

Wait they stat vader and not the ship??? All I hope for is that he is comically easily to kill like all of the FFG bad guys lol

EDIT: I mean spill the beans on some of this stuff, show off some highlights (also whats Vader's wounds/strain/soak/ranks in parry looking like).

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 22, 2018

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

I made up a monstrous character sheet for Vader and threatened my players that if they abused the system I would use him to hunt them down and kill them. If canon Vader is less badass than my version, I'm keeping mine.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Rogue One did a very good job of making Vader seem like an badass.

The thing with Vader is that it is never Vader on his own. Where Vader goes so does the 501st. Where the 501st goes so does the armour, assault ships and Star Destroyer that houses them.

One of the "Super secret PC's will never learn it Talents" that I have in my head for Vader is flip any number of black destiny points to white to get +10% per flip to any crit roll.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Foxtrot_13 posted:

One of the "Super secret PC's will never learn it Talents" that I have in my head for Vader is flip any number of black destiny points to white to get +10% per flip to any crit roll.

I don't want to sound like a dickhead but at my table if the GM broke that sort of poo poo out it would be a pretty good way to slam the destiny point back and forth that's normally supposed to happen to a loving halt.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

8one6 posted:

I don't want to sound like a dickhead but at my table if the GM broke that sort of poo poo out it would be a pretty good way to slam the destiny point back and forth that's normally supposed to happen to a loving halt.

It'd be good as a one off "oh poo poo" thing; but yeah, ongoing it would be a huge dick move

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

8one6 posted:

A better option imo would be, when he shows up every destiny point flips to black as part of a big shock thing and then destiny point usage is back to normal.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 23, 2018

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

kingcom posted:

A better option imo would be like, when he shows up every destiny point flips to black as part of a big shock thing and then destiny point usage is back to normal.

I hope you don't mind if I steal the poo poo out of this.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Cobbsprite posted:

I hope you don't mind if I steal the poo poo out of this.

lol go for it.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Oh btw did we have a discord, for some reason I dont have it anymore.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

kingcom posted:

Oh btw did we have a discord, for some reason I dont have it anymore.

https://discord.gg/hbwMdCB

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Got my copy of Dawn of Rebellion; I know other people have it to; but I'm happy to infodump if there's anything else people wanna know

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

jivjov posted:

Got my copy of Dawn of Rebellion; I know other people have it to; but I'm happy to infodump if there's anything else people wanna know

I don't get my copy until Sunday. How cool are the new specializations?

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

8one6 posted:

I would give very heavy in game hints that taking on Vader would be suicide. Then the players would have a lot of white pips to leg it with.

If you are deliberately gaming the system by not flipping just to deny your GM the flips then the plot hammer will still fall, you just won't get any benefit from it. The game is supposed to be players and GMs working together, hence the warnings so the players know what they are getting into.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
New specs are super cool. There's a whole lot of new Talents, giving all the Specs a bunch of actual in-game effect; which I like.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

jivjov posted:

Obviously you can't go into detail on it, but how much stuff is there on running games pre-battle of Yavin. Rebel cells, state of the rebellion through the run up towards Rogue one etc?

In short the actual campaign stuff rather than mechanics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
My players just left from our 5th session of my campaign, and it's been excellent. Last week, with my brother and our Bothan Slicer's girlfriend as guest PCs, the group successfully made contact with a homegrown Rebel cell on an Imperial planet, staged a diversion by setting a bomb off at a datacenter (the Bothan wanted to slice into their systems before that, but he rolled a despair while sneaking in and now has warrants out on the planet.), and successfully liberated 3 prisoners in a daring attack on the Imperial transport carrying them in a scene involving two trucks holding E-web blasters and our Droid PC throwing Stormtroopers off the transport into traffic.

This week, the main Party (Bothan Slicer, Twi'lek Doctor, Droid Punchbot) got back to their main task on the planet of stealing 4 ARC-170 fighters from an Imperial scrapyard. Their first challenge was actually finding where this place *was* since I put it far away from any city way out in the wilderness. They tried aerial recon, but meekly accepted when the flight plan given to them by the authorities put them in the wrong part of the planet, so that was a wash. Next they tried bragging at bars, and the only hint they got was that it was West along a river. Which was apparently good enough, as they set out to trek there. This turned into a two-day trip and the two organics neglected to actually bring any food, or flip a destiny point to say that they had when I asked.

I had intended for the PCs to most likely infiltrate the facility by posing as haulers taking goods from the scrapyard, or gain access through a series of sewage tunnels (that they definitely knew about! The Droid's player mentioned them a few times as a possible route, but that idea fell by the wayside). Once in the facility, they'd become aware that the labor was largely supplied by Imperial slaves, and I expected events to proceed apace. Instead the PCs opted to cut the facility's power(Bothan sliced it with a Triumph, so that power is OUT) and cut the fence. This immediately led the Imperials to suspect a slave escape, but got the PCs in undetected. They're right there with the fighters they mean to steal. Problem is, these are fighters slated for scrap. They're out of fuel, and I can't believe none of the players thought about that possibility. But they're right next to where the Imperials are trying to figure out which slaves have escaped, and are planning to intervene next session.

Overall a ton of fun!