Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

Great, so I'll probably go with the crew below. To confirm, it's OK to use DW Aileens, right? That video has TDH stuff and I have none of those TMs.

Aileen
Aileen
Aileen friend
Wilhelm
Ayaka
Roy

... but does that setup still take 4 hours to kill, or whatever? Or is there a specific guide to look for using that comp?

The guide on the wiki has a poorly fleshed out "Brute Force" strategy, which is what you'll use with that team.
You need to deal with the all the attacks listed in Phase 1 (1 Arm Burst, 1 Genocide Beam, Up to 5 normal attacks) plus the World Destroyers that the body does below 70% HP and the Right Arm's buffs.
Also, it sounds like the Right Arm goes buff-crazy after the body dies, so give those Aileens a way to dispel. Odin's fingersnap or Bushido Freedom will work.

Finally, I'd suggest Tilith instead of Ayaka as healer so you can do the "No Magic" mission and get World Destroyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
awesome much appreciated everyone. At the risk of getting annoying, let me ask a slightly different question. I haven't killed any of the following trial bosses, is there any particular order I should try them in? Reminder that I have no magic DPS other than BS Sakura who's not even leveled yet:

Robut
Echidna
Malboro
Moon man
cold bird
Elnath
Sheraton

EDIT: by "order" i mean do any of the items specifically help with other trials in a meaningful way?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If the reset bug is still around you can skip the preemptive attack of Big Ice Bird by closing and restarting the app twice to trigger the full heal & esper refill. If it happens on the boss' preemptive turn it'll just skip it making it way easier to kill it. Bring fire weapons to kill the bird, summoning Ifrit will oneshot the little birds. The rewards are a nice hat for anybody who needs HP, a DEF & SPR bonus when wearing hats, and a move that's great for arena (AoE chain stop ice attack)

Echidna should be a cakewalk at this point too, but I don't think the Assassin's Vest will help much for Aigaion and Echidna's Kiss is just MAG+30%. Echidna and Big Ice Bird are two 10% TM Moogles though. The vest is handy for paralysis immunity and if you want to build evasion up too.

Malboro is still the toughest(?) and his rewards are caster oriented. Moon is a good MAG rod but also staff mastery (SPR+50% with a staff) but you need casters for that fight. Sheraton has a good staff for healers or high SPR units if you want to try dual casting Holy. Elnath has a mace but idr if it was good since it doesn't have any killers on it and there's no mace mastery in the game afaik.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Cobalt60 posted:

awesome much appreciated everyone. At the risk of getting annoying, let me ask a slightly different question. I haven't killed any of the following trial bosses, is there any particular order I should try them in? Reminder that I have no magic DPS other than BS Sakura who's not even leveled yet:

Robut
Echidna
Malboro
Moon man
cold bird
Elnath
Sheraton

EDIT: by "order" i mean do any of the items specifically help with other trials in a meaningful way?

You can probably power creep dps through Echidna these days without even bothering with a strat

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

suuma posted:

You can probably power creep dps through Echidna these days without even bothering with a strat

That's pretty much what I did, but surprisingly I still needed a strategy and lots of defense buffs from Marie to get through Ultros and Chupon.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Next banner is the return of Yun, Ling, and the two Cupids. I hope I'll be able to pull at least one or two of them since I don't have any of them yet, and E. Yun being able to perfect-chain with Nyx makes him extremely appealing.

Then there will be a one time pay-to-get 10+1 summon with a guaranteed 5* instead of 4*. But because Gumi still has to gouge you somehow, you won't be able to pull any limited units with this apparently.

We're also getting an additional 1250 Lapis, 5x 1% trust moogles, and 4x 3* EX tickets over 14 days starting Friday. Keep in mind we're also getting the next wave of the valentine event which will give 580 extra Lapis along with two 3* tickets and a 4* ticket, and one of each King pot, 1/2/etc. of each tier ability cryst, and some 6* unit awakening materials. It's not super-amazing or anything but it's still quite a ways better than what we've gotten in past special events recently.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Any bets on how much the cash summon will cost? 5000 lapis is about $30, so given Gumi's recent track record, I'm betting $40.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Wait, I have to use actual $$ to get the guaranteed 5*? Seriously, gently caress this game

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It took me my entire stash of lapis and tickets, including everything accumulated during that event, to pull the Balthier I was chasing.

I got a second one on my free pull this morning. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but hey; I get to 7* my dude I guess!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Wait, I have to use actual $$ to get the guaranteed 5*? Seriously, gently caress this game

This is sadly common in gatcha games but lets see if gumi goes above and beyond and overcharges the gently caress out of it

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

McSpankWich posted:

I think the new FFDOO gacha has kind of raised the bar with every pull having a guaranteed 5* attached.

I decided to do a blood lapis 10+1 to give an effort towards having some kind of magic tank. Ended up with 3 of that poo poo ninja with a Ruskie name and a Barby.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tengames posted:

This is sadly common in gatcha games but lets see if gumi goes above and beyond and overcharges the gently caress out of it

If it costs around the same as the fountain of lapis then it would be good but they are going to charge like 50 bucks for it probably

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The Mythril Chest of Abundance was $35 CAD and it was a 10+1 in tickets, a ATK+30% materia, 20 energy pots, and a 10% moogle. So based on that and recent bundles the guaranteed 5* 10+1 will cost *puts on blindfold, points arm out, and spins rapidly* ... $50!

I'd do it if it was $10 (and probably get a third Fohlen or something) but almost everything in this game is the price of a new game just to roll for some more Bediles. I know that's the gacha profit model but I'm still gonna bitch about it. I did almost buy VLC Fina's Hat though, except by the time I got home from Halloween the game was in maintenance so I never got the chance to :retrogames:

e: also no SoM news at all, I was hoping they'd slip something in for the remake coming out this week but :rip: that dream.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
FFBE is ugly, dated *and* more expensive than Dissidia Opera Omnia. Gumi should be making GBS threads bricks right about now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pretty sure FFBE still generates more revenue than OO both in japan and in specially in global.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

At least its still FF. who the hell is Cupid artemios and what makes me care?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I mean I like the look of ffbe more than deedoo. It more comes down to a preference of art types.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The art style of Gaia Online vs that of Final Fantasy 3 DS remake.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ugato posted:

I mean I like the look of ffbe more than deedoo. It more comes down to a preference of art types.

Yea, FFBE's sprite work is personally fantastic.

I also play FFRK, so I might be traumatized still from their "sprites".

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'd take the lovely sprites in FFBE over super-deformed ugly 3D models any time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its less FF3 DS and more a worse looking version of World of FFs "normal" characters which makes sense given that Nomura was the character designer for both games. Yoshida's art is far more appealing for the style.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
World of FF was the best looking the 3D style has made the older characters look but I still wouldn't call it good. FFBE's higher quality sprites are the way to go. Some games just look better in 2D, the additional advantage is that Asian 3D games tend to game gigantic areas of blank space, that looks much better in 2D; example: the battle arenas.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
ffbe is just brave frontier with a final fantasy skin

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
$46

Just wanted to say that. $46

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
The OC overflow is irritating, especially when they kinda piss on the FF crew in terms of usability.
Hell even some of their choices from the games are questionable.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Khisanth Magus posted:

$46

Just wanted to say that. $46

A part of me wishes that nobody buys this and that they learn that this sort of stupid thing isn't going to fly.

Another part of me is rolling it's eyes mockingly at the naivety of the previous part of me.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Ahahahahahahahahahaha 46 dollars.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Making Locke, Bartz, Vivi, Shadow, Zidane and Edge into trash 3*s is unforgivable.

Edit: $63.99 CAD in Canada! For $15 more you can buy a brand new full price copy of Dissidia NT for PS4.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
The SE employee stuck acting as CM on reddit has already posted saying they will give feedback to Gumi. Im surprised that no one is owning up to buying this garbage yet but its still early.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Forty-six dollars.

Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 14, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Fukkin lol

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
The sad thing is I have already seen people buying it. This is offensive on every level.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

The sad thing is I have already seen people buying it. This is offensive on every level.

There are still people buying in to Star Citizen and Shroud of the Avatar, which is to say there is a tragic surplus of stupid people that somehow have excess cash and nobody has figured out how to make them spend it on something good for the world. Or good. Or that exists. :shrug:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

seriously

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

On the other hand, why spend money on this terrible 10+1 pull when your daily half off and free pull both end up being rainbows. (Onion #1, Elfreeda #2)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

say no to bats posted:

The SE employee stuck acting as CM on reddit has already posted saying they will give feedback to Gumi. Im surprised that no one is owning up to buying this garbage yet but its still early.

Thank you for your suggestion. "Into the trash it goes"

Love the double whammy of the Japanese producer being out touch in a interview and gumi global giving us poo poo bundles now for 4 months.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Thank you for your suggestion. "Into the trash it goes"

Love the double whammy of the Japanese producer being out touch in a interview and gumi global giving us poo poo bundles now for 4 months.

How out of touch? Is there something I can read about it?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It was basically a reply about how the monetization in gacha let's the continue to work on the game. Which is fine if it wasn't for the game still having a bunch of broken systems over there. It comes out tone deaf.

By the looks of it no one bitting on the banner, as they should since it's complete poo poo.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

"When people talk about game as a service, people tend to focus on the problem of payment associated to it. A lot of people seem shut out the idea and the word completely. We actually look at the whole thing from a bigger picture. (Because of the payment system), we can provide excitement, as well providing new content add new gameplay mechanics after game's release, allowing the game to exist in the long term. Because of that we can express more things through the game, and (I believe) people are focusing too much on the negative aspect of payment."

I assume this is the snippet that is being talked about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I thought I wouldn't like Opera Omnia's character style from the screenshots I saw, but in motion they are OK. Certainly better than something like FF3 DS imo. Of course, I think FFBE's sprites look better.

$46 is absolutely ridiculous, but not surprising

• Locked thread