Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piso Mojado

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Debating buying this shirt.

you should get it in english

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Debating buying this shirt.

yeah no i bought it

it will go well with my new blood red skirt :getin:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

earlier today: "what the hell, do i hear the ocean?"

my washer decided to explode. literally. the hose exploded off the back and the lid somehow blew open from a pressure differential in the line.

eta: love too own an home

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hamjobs did you piss off a gypsy or buy any roughly hewn idols lately or something?

Not making fun but drat you've had some tough luck lately. If I find any mutant clovers I'll mail 'em to you.

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

no, i'm just mid-divorce. this is how life goes when you're divorcing and the only thing good you have to talk about was "uhhhh i had a slice of pizza that was only KINDA cold."

alnilam

Sorry hamjerbs :/

In related news my very old dryer blew its belt last week and today i replaced the belt and i am now caked in dust and lint, but guess what my dryer works better than ever :toot:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

the old belt is dead! long live the new belt!

HAIL BELT

BoldFrankensteinMir

I like cold pizza more than hot pizza. Sometimes I will order a pizza and put it into the fridge whole, then eat it the next day for breakfast. Some toppings combos are even better that way, like pineapple and jalepeno, mmm.

Edit- delivery food is the thing I miss second most about living in the city, right after trains.

Sig by Heather Papps

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I like cold pizza more than hot pizza. Sometimes I will order a pizza and put it into the fridge whole, then eat it the next day for breakfast. Some toppings combos are even better that way, like pineapple and jalepeno, mmm.

Heeeeeeederdddddddddddddlll yeah

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

the best pizza--hear me out--is a green pizza, no cheese, with jalapenos, onions, mushrooms, and banana peppers. sometimes olives but only if they have GOOD olives and not INFERIOR GREEN OLIVES WITH PIMENTOS because that's wrong and they should feel bad.

then you fridge it. then you eat it cold the next day so the whole thing is a crispy cold weird flatbread of joy.

Munchables

Stupid autocorrect, meant to type "I agree"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

autocoroner is a cruel mistress

BoldFrankensteinMir

There's a place in Denver that makes insanely good calzones and if you order quadruple toppings they will seriously put four times that topping in there. I had a cold and I ordered quadruple banana pepper quadruple jalepeno calzones and it was like biting into a spaceship manned entirely by pepper people. I could only eat a few bites at a time but it was so good the next day out of the fridge with cold marinara and ginger ale.

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's a place in Denver that makes insanely good calzones and if you order quadruple toppings they will seriously put four times that topping in there. I had a cold and I ordered quadruple banana pepper quadruple jalepeno calzones and it was like biting into a spaceship manned entirely by pepper people. I could only eat a few bites at a time but it was so good the next day out of the fridge with cold marinara and ginger ale.

gimme that name, i'm into this place and when i go in april i'm hitting it hard for the double (bo)peps and pesto to dip it in.

Munchables

Do they deliver out of state

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Munchables posted:

Do they deliver out of state

hands off the za place is mine and i'm gonna marry it

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

hamjobs posted:

sometimes olives but only if they have GOOD olives

:wave:

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

see? BEST OLIB :love:

take the moon

by sebmojo

hamjobs posted:

the best pizza--hear me out--is a green pizza, no cheese, with jalapenos, onions, mushrooms, and banana peppers. sometimes olives but only if they have GOOD olives and not INFERIOR GREEN OLIVES WITH PIMENTOS because that's wrong and they should feel bad.

then you fridge it. then you eat it cold the next day so the whole thing is a crispy cold weird flatbread of joy.

this sounds cool and im gonna try it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

green pizza is a gift from almighty Za and we should probably give burnt offerings of pizza bones to Za for this gift

BoldFrankensteinMir

DP's Calzones. I don't think they even make pizza, just 'zones. The original place is in Boulder but eww Boulder, the Denver location is downtown near Cap hill so they deliver all over the place.

My all-time favorite Denver delivery place is out in Aurora, it's called Papa Nick's and they make every sammich you've ever heard of. The chicken cordon bleu sub is so good you kinda devolve while eating it, like you're a fox that snuck into a farm and stole a pullet AND a piglet and got away with it and the glorious doublemeats are dripping off your snout as you revel in your sneakiness. In the old days this guy in a very fancy turban would deliver the food, and he'd always rattle your order off to you followed by " and all at a beautiful price!" as you signed the receipt. I always wondered if he was Papa Nick but I didn't want to ask, I just wanted it to be true.

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

oh poo poo i know DP's Calz!!! they make good everything-vegetable calzones, i'mma be worshiping at their feet.

papa nick's is pretty legendary too, lol.

now i want za but i'm eating a salad with no dressing from wendy's because they were out of potatoes. rip. i'll eat pizza after doctor's appt tomorrow maybe. or tacos. maybe i'll put a taco on a pizza.

BoldFrankensteinMir

You'll be in Denver in April huh Hamjobs? Me too...

...goonmeet?

Sig by Heather Papps

beer pal

you guys ever finally try the really seedy looking restaurant by your place after walking past it for years and its really good. cus thats my story

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Same but with we like to post by the vengaboys
https://youtu.be/6Zbi0XmGtMw

big black - songs about posting

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

beer pal posted:

you guys ever finally try the really seedy looking restaurant by your place after walking past it for years and its really good. cus thats my story

That is Joseph Campbell's restaurant-of-a-thousand-faces.

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You'll be in Denver in April huh Hamjobs? Me too...

...goonmeet?

YES. around april 10th-17th--i have to give a talk at Ply Away in KC at the end of march, and then i'm off to denver to teach a weaving intensive with my evenings and weekends free. we should pizzaweed.

beer pal posted:

YES. that's how i found out about vito's in downtown. it looks like a sketchy rear end mob restaurant and you know what? it is, but the food is incredible.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Manifisto posted:

big black - songs about posting

alnilam

hamjobs posted:

the old belt is dead! long live the new belt!

HAIL BELT

:hai:

beer pal posted:

I haven't yet but i bet there are many who would describe my fav thai place nearby this way. I've been going there for a long time I remember the one daughter was like 10 and sketching superheroes hanging out behind the counter, now she's 20 and working there and going to art school for comix :3:

some dayi will try you, seedy looking place between me and the thai place with no windows

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

there's a really lovely dive bar here that may or may not be a leather daddy bar but i'm unclear as to that because while it's advertised as such, it's mostly salty old people from the neighborhood who eat there. they have really loving phenomenal sandwiches, though, and i guess their well drinks are cheap--like $1-3 a shot.

so mid-day on any given weekday there's a crowd of olds sitting around the bar, of all genders, median age about 85, doing shots and eating big greasy sandwiches. it's my favorite st louis treasure.

alnilam

hamjobs posted:

there's a really lovely dive bar here that may or may not be a leather daddy bar but i'm unclear as to that because while it's advertised as such, it's mostly salty old people from the neighborhood who eat there. they have really loving phenomenal sandwiches, though, and i guess their well drinks are cheap--like $1-3 a shot.

so mid-day on any given weekday there's a crowd of olds sitting around the bar, of all genders, median age about 85, doing shots and eating big greasy sandwiches. it's my favorite st louis treasure.

this is a good place

imo a true dive bar is one where people of all ages and backgrounds are having cheap drinks/food, and crucially, are interacting with each other. That at least is my personal definition of a dive bar

these places are real treaasures

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

I'm a big fan of two local places. One is a wing place, and is really good. The other is a el Salvadorean place. There's another place I have been thinking about going, but I never have the cash to bother risking it.

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
there’s this little sushi place around here that we love but it’s actually impossible to recommend it to people because my gf always orders the veggie sushi (which they have a nice selection of) and I always get teriyaki (their chicken teriyaki is ballin’ though) because I don’t even like sushi :shrug:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
cursed post

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Dear BYOB,
i love u

-fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkvey
bvf

Tell me more!