Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/963171763336110080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

BBJoey posted:

i agree it’s good they didn’t pressure him on his blatant corruption

Well Joyce seems to have woven more than enough rope to hang himself with so they don't need to get all righteous about it, plus that would leave them open to accusations of hypocrisy the next time an ALP member gets caught doing something untoward.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

barnaby spent $10,000 last year on ‘family reunion travel’ to ‘balance work and family obligations’

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
BJ has hot daughters.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/JohnJohnsonson/status/963184160201306113

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/hughriminton/status/963193002909822976

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 13, 2018

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Yeah sure Barnaby, the media is why your entire family hates you.

million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.
Hang in there Barnaby, I'm sure an outstanding citizen like you can only their name cleared with the passage of time.

:getin:

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

If he can't take questions this morning then he will never be able to take questions again. This sort of thing would play out fine in the US where the President and Vice President don't face actual scrutiny but the way our democracy works means he won't be able to hide from it forever.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Yeah i'm sure you guys were just friends when your chief of staff called senior ministers and demanded she was moved comfortably, Barnaby. Very believable.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Cmon Barny.

Keep up the fight.

Fracture the coalition with your beetroot dick.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

mmm beetroot wedges

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

how

How

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sounds a bit ghoulish but do we know how far along Campion is?

If she's 7-8 months pregnant, it's a bit rich to say they weren't together in 2017!

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

MysticalMachineGun posted:

If she's 7-8 months pregnant, it's a bit rich to say they weren't together in 2017!

The first part of this sentence is totally redundant.

It doesn't matter if they were just loving; the impropriety is clear. You don't give jobs to people you're nutting in or on or around, and if you do, you don't expect to be able to keep your job when you get caught.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-13/government-considered-prosecution-against-adani/9423152

quote:

An internal investigation by the Federal Environment Department has found Indian mining giant Adani "may have been negligent" in failing to disclose its Australian CEO's links to a company convicted of environmental offences in Africa.
Documents obtained under freedom of information laws reveal the department considered a criminal prosecution against Adani over the omission, but decided the prospect of a conviction was limited.
The ABC revealed in 2015 Adani's Australian CEO, Jeyakumar Janakaraj, was the director of operations at a Zambian copper mine when it discharged toxic pollutants into a major river.

A compliance report prepared for the department's investigation found: "Adani Mining Pty Ltd may have been negligent in that; when requested in August 2015, it failed to disclose a complete account of its executive officers in relation to environmental matters."
But the report said it, "may not be in the public interest to invest significant additional resources to pursue a criminal prosecution when it is unclear that the oversight was done negligently in order to mislead the department and the minister".
The department recommended Adani be "cautioned". But the company has told the ABC it never received any caution from the Government and that it fully cooperated with the department on the matter.

But while finding that the company may have been negligent, the department said that even if it had known of Mr Janakaraj's history it would have been, "unlikely to have materially influenced the advice provided by the department to the minister prior to his decision" to approve the Carmichael project.

Did Adani fully cooperate with the Government, or does the Government fully cooperate with Adani

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/BetootaAdvocate/status/963206976044859392

I feel sorry for the guy who Barnaby cucked.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/963203814638551040

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Don Dongington posted:

The first part of this sentence is totally redundant.

It doesn't matter if they were just loving; the impropriety is clear. You don't give jobs to people you're nutting in or on or around, and if you do, you don't expect to be able to keep your job when you get caught.

“When you get caught” doesn’t seem like something Barnaby considered when he had unprotected sex.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

That's Malcom ”empirical science man” Roberts, thank you very much.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Barnaby Joyce looks like poo poo for a fifty year old man. I thought he was older.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Sounds a bit ghoulish but do we know how far along Campion is?

Expecting mid April.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

JBP posted:

Barnaby Joyce looks like poo poo for a fifty year old man. I thought he was older.

Must be overexertion.

From nutting.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Barnaby Joyce nutted. He shot shot cum haha. He blew slime all up there in some lady's hole!

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
All I know about BJ is that he was adamant he would not visit the new mine expansion west of Brisbane without traditional elder approval (2nd half of last year). Something was up his butt about keeping the spirits onside, thought it was suss seeing a coalition pollie so concerned about indigenous voices. Oh well we got the chance to clean up the miners ILUA with coalition gov support so thanks for your paranoia beetroot knob.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Outspoken Queensland Nationals senator Barry O’Sullivan has declared Barnaby Joyce a “once-in-a-generation type of politician” who remains a big asset to the Nationals despite the sharp grassroots reaction to his affair with his former staffer.

With some Nationals reeling from the backlash to the revelations amid speculation about Joyce’s future, O’Sullivan went on the front foot on Monday night.

“We’ve not seen any government that has done more for the bush than this one, with Barnaby Joyce as deputy prime minister,” he told the Conversation.

“I don’t want to lose one of the best politicians we’ve had in my lifetime. Are you going to shoot your best horse because he jumped the fence and was found in the neighbour’s paddock?”

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Outspoken Queensland Nationals senator Barry O’Sullivan has declared Barnaby Joyce a “once-in-a-generation type of politician” who remains a big asset to the Nationals despite the sharp grassroots reaction to his affair with his former staffer.

With some Nationals reeling from the backlash to the revelations amid speculation about Joyce’s future, O’Sullivan went on the front foot on Monday night.

“We’ve not seen any government that has done more for the bush than this one, with Barnaby Joyce as deputy prime minister,” he told the Conversation.

“I don’t want to lose one of the best politicians we’ve had in my lifetime. Are you going to shoot your best horse because he jumped the fence and was found in the neighbour’s paddock?” rooting the sheep???

This is totally going to be Malcolm's choppergate, isn't it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Today is Centrelink day

quote:

Chris Bowen, speaking to Fran Kelly on Radio National this morning, has given us a hint of where Labor is likely to take the Joyce issue today:

In other developments, the prime minister said yesterday he was unaware of the relationship yet today the media reporting is that he was told by Barnaby Joyce in, I think it was August, that the relationship was over. Now, you can’t be unaware of a relationship and be told it is over at the same time. One of those statements is incorrect.

We have the issue of the prime minister saying that the individual involved was not Barnaby Joyce’s partner. Now, Fran, I spend a lot of time in my electorate office in Fairfield West ringing Centrelink on behalf of my constituents trying to get problems sorted out. If I rang and said there’s two people who have a relationship and she is pregnant but they say they are not partners or they don’t want to be regarded as partners for the purpose of Centrelink, I think my friendly Centrelink staff would laugh at me, frankly, despite their respect for me and my position.

So I think there is a number of areas where the government’s story has unravelled and of course we have been cleared to make the delineation between private and public in this matter. There are certain elements of the story which are none of our business and none of anybody’s business but there are other elements which go to public administration and judgment and, I think on those issues, the government’s story has been unravelling and Barnaby Joyce’s position is increasingly untenable.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/elegant_dongs/status/963211377757249536

:same:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

“I don’t want to lose one of the best politicians we’ve had in my lifetime. Are you going to shoot your best horse because he jumped the fence and was found in the neighbour’s paddock?”

I read this as "beet horse".

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Are you going to shoot your best horse because he jumped the fence and was found in the neighbour’s paddock?

Personally I don't think that horses should be running for public office when they're meant to run in circles.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Why didn't barnaby stick to farm animals?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Barnaby's the horse and whatsername is the paddock, who is the neighbor here?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Also I think this horse was found several paddocks away

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/963215947795283968

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/BevanShields/status/963216371227156480

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/963216747800100864

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Turnbull will hand over the government to Joyce.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Horseshoe theory posted:

Turnbull will hand over the government to Joyce.

If you can't beet em,

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/963218612105302017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

:fork:

• Locked thread