Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Just do the deal at his bank and pay them directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Cool

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Can you really call a four wheeled vehicle a trike? Imagine how big of a boob you'd look like riding that thing.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

Can you really call a four wheeled vehicle a trike? Imagine how big of a boob you'd look like riding that thing.

Do that with an MP3 and make the world's first 5-wheeled trike.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://boulder.craigslist.org/mcy/d/electric-kawasaki-ninja-1997/6475087262.html

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
600 seems like a steal for that. I'd totally snap it up if it was anywhere nearby. The battery cradle looks... unsubstantial, though.

How much do you think it weighs?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I can't tell what model of batteries those are, but Interstate's website lists weights between 20 and 40lbs for their Megatron II (hah) series. That could be 200lbs of batteries there.

My guess is "heavy as gently caress"

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
don't lean too hard or your battery might fall out

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Also if you get into any kind of an accident you'll be coated in battery acid.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm the unsprung weight

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Emailed him out of curiosity.

seller posted:

It has a 72v dc motor, the weight is about the same as with and engine due to the batteries being lead acid as opposed to li ion.  Top speed is around 45-50.  

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
There's no loving way the I4 that came out of that bike weighs 200lbs. Even saving 30lbs of weight from gas and oil he's full of poo poo

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
That looks like a ninja 250 which weighs 300 lb dry, 370 wet. "weighs about the same" is plausible.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Gullous posted:

That looks like a ninja 250 which weighs 300 lb dry, 370 wet. "weighs about the same" is plausible.

I was thinking ZX6R or something similar. Did the 250 come with dual discs?

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

The 250 didn't come with dual discs.

That bike might feel heavier though, due to half of the batteries being higher up in the frame than most of the engine.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2001-honda-xr650r-supermoto-street-legal.1277367/

2001 XR650R street titled sumo, $6000 (damnation)

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1407308219565531/permalink/1791682267794789/?sale_post_id=1791682267794789 This is all I've got for now, I just posted asking if he's going to make an actual CL ad so I'll hear back shortly. Edit: He still hasn't posted a CL link or ad (I've looked) but if he does it'll likely be on https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/

RC-51 up for sale in Tallahassee, FL. I've never laid eyes on it but the dude's posts in the local FB motorcycle make him out to be a pretty decent dude and the kind to actually care for a bike like this properly. I'm eyeballing the BMW in the driveway and wondering how much I could get for it but that probably won't happen before someone grabs this bike.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 6, 2018

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I would skip it: he doesn't know how to use contractions, and also souls don't vibrate.

Everyone knows that.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

captainOrbital posted:

I would skip it: he doesn't know how to use contractions, and also souls don't vibrate.

Everyone knows that.

michael j fox has a soul

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

This cant be dangerous right?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Kastivich posted:

This cant be dangerous right?

This is fine.
I accept all the consequences that come with this bike.
I am ok with how events shall unfold.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Do the pedals still spin with the motor? Will it break your legs if your feet slip off?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Kastivich posted:

Do the pedals still spin with the motor? Will it break your legs if your feet slip off?

surely there's 2 chainz on separate freewheel hubs

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
i like the gear that will shred your rear end in a top hat if you get too complacent

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

surely there's 2 chainz on separate freewheel hubs

I clearly underestimated the thought put into this device.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Its bad, really bad when you see tranny... other

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
There is probably a lot more wrong with this bike but a $700 '87 VFR 700 F with plugged jets seems like a good deal. Especially in the Bay Area.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Stitecin posted:

There is probably a lot more wrong with this bike but a $700 '87 VFR 700 F with plugged jets seems like a good deal. Especially in the Bay Area.

That is good price, but I am guessing it needs a lot of work too.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

obviously a bit of a resto mod but... thoughts ? https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/d/honda-goldwing-gl1000/6489298453.html

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
:swoon:

Headlight at 600k probably needs to be replaced with one within the visible light spectrum. Good to know that the exhausts are "aloud" so nobody will tell you to get rid of them.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

:allears: Oldwings are fuckin' rad, and that one seems to have been tarted up nicely.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Who the gently caress leaves the stickers on the tires?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

surely he didn't ride on those yet... although it kind of looks like he has

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Maybe it was just to move it for pics?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dutymode posted:

Who the gently caress leaves the stickers on the tires?
I've seen some stickers that just won't come off without ripping like a shipping label on a box. I think Continental or Metzeler is the worst offender with this poo poo. Don't think I've ever seen it with Shinkos like his though, and I work with those all the time.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If I was about to take pictures for craigslist ad, I'd leave the stickers on too. That bike rocks

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Good bike. Good price.
Do it.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Nitrox posted:

If I was about to take pictures for craigslist ad, I'd leave the stickers on too. That bike rocks

Yep he's showing that they're new.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Speaking of Oldwings: https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1984-naked-honda-goldwing/6488119055.html

My newbie rider co-worker buddy found it while browsing for his first bike. We agreed it would be too maintenance intensive, even if it came to him in perfect working order. He's pretty set on a dual-sport, supermoto, or standard, with ABS and fuel injection for his first bike. He's so reasonable about it, it's nearly uncanny after reading all of the horror stories about other folks' first bikes.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I started with a 1987 Yamaha FJ-1200, rode it back and forth to high school and work. I was a big kid, played football, and rode dirtbikes since the age of 6, and also owned a Honda CR480R at the time. Some people just have the chops for motorcycling, some don't.