Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

trapped mouse posted:

this might not be thread related but i'm digging this new thing where gifs/webms have a visible progress bar underneath them without having to right click and hit "show controls" or whatever. not sure if it's a certain program that does it
I think it's imgur that adds it, and gets embedded in the video itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfAiTPGnUbc/

Oh man who left a pallet truck in an area with an incline?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jerry Cotton posted:

If this thread has taught me anything it's that he should've remained inside the automobile.

As some one who is just a pedestrian 99% of the time, staying inside my vehicle means keeping my shoes on...... It all makes sense now!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
In local news.....

quote:

Oak Creek WI - 1000 W Pelton - Med183 transporting trauma to Froedtert - Adult male struck in the face by grinding wheel, deep laceration, conscious and breathing

:gibs:

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

LifeSunDeath posted:

Tire towards enemy

THIS SIDEwall TOWARDS ENEMY

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
pictured: Poland's first space launch centre

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I had a friend in elementary school that lived on a big farm. They hooked up a long rope swing to the roof of their huge open barn full of deadly farm machinery. I didn't dare get on it because the rope looked like it was salvaged from a sunken pirate ship. They had a blast until the rope broke. They said it broke while swinging on it, luckily weren't over anything sharp, but still hit the wall of the barn and fell down. No broken bones and they shrugged it off like no big deal. That's just farm life though.

That picture screams "unable to retrieve the corpse" to me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess 'What Remains of Edith Finch' was based on a true story

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

So, is there just a couple of honeybuckets up there? I don't see any pipes or anything.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

More like La Casa Del Arbalest

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Anyone have the plans for the GoonCamp zipline handy?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

plainswalker75 posted:

So, is there just a couple of honeybuckets up there? I don't see any pipes or anything.

Honeybuckets?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Honeybuckets?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Honeybuckets?

Portable toilets, but in the context used it seems more like chamber pots.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
You guys going on about that airline safety thing have clearly never flown on Virgin Air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyfiPIHsIg

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Davethulhu posted:

You guys going on about that airline safety thing have clearly never flown on Virgin Air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyfiPIHsIg

Please God, I know we're still on the ground, taxiing slowly, but please let me die instantly in a plane crash :pray:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Buttcoin purse posted:

Please God, I know we're still on the ground, taxiing slowly, but please let me die instantly in a plane crash :pray:

Totally an option.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Youtube recommended this video to me, so I thought I'd share. 1966 NASA toxic propellant safety film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRKeM9kKxs

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

plainswalker75 posted:

Wtf. Do you not understand a treehouse?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

Youtube recommended this video to me, so I thought I'd share. 1966 NASA toxic propellant safety film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRKeM9kKxs

great video :nfpa:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sagebrush posted:

"widely separated test sites"

They bloody well should be !

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/FmUkXnx.mp4

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

On one hand, it's great being able to skip expensive stumpgrinding equipment.
On the other hand, I keep watching and being afraid that the carjack is going to snap or bend or something. Also it seems like it would only work with smaller/thinner stumps.

I've done this before in a similar manner without the A-frame and cutting the stump much taller.. It's a pretty handy way to pull a small stump with weak roots out. Better, would be to use a mattock to cut around the stump until it's free, but that's a lot of work.

The only problem with using a handyman jack, is that, if you drop the handle in the jack-down position, it will start to bounce and it will break your jaw if you're standing over it. Or, if in the jack-up position, the top comes free and comes to meet you, again, in the face.

The moral being, keep clear when using a Hi-lift. If you have doubts, that's good. If you're confident, don't be.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

porktree posted:

Wtf. Do you not understand a treehouse?

I think he's referring to the word "baños" at the bottom of the sign.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

plainswalker75 posted:

You just ride the swing pants-less and pinch a loaf at the apex.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

This dude fucks.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I think he's referring to the word "baños" at the bottom of the sign.

It's a place in Ecuador.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Detective Thompson posted:

It's a place in Ecuador.

It is Ecuador.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

18 Character Limit posted:

More like La Casa Del Arbalest

:nfpa:

La Catapult Del Arbol

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 13, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/Wvvg3Oh.mp4

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Now do Double Dutch

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
That's glass correct? My education in physics capped out with a 60% average ten years ago, if it was to smack him in the legs while wearing those jeans would there actually be enough energy in the glass to gently caress him up? Would it stick?

Regardless if he does that gently caress that up on the upswing it's going to be one interesting scar on the back of his head.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

A couple years a lady suffered a compound fracture at a plant I was working at. She was packing plastic parts from an injection molding machine when the line for the hydraulic oil came off. This left a patch of oil on the floor. Well she panicked and tried to run away a la Scooby Doo, slipped and somehow wedged her leg in such a way that it broke the bone all the way through the skin.

A day later the shift supervisor complained about having to put in the accident report, because "if she would have just stayed still, she would have been okay". They never changed anything to fix the hydraulic lines from popping off.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

mostlygray posted:

I've done this before in a similar manner without the A-frame and cutting the stump much taller.. It's a pretty handy way to pull a small stump with weak roots out. Better, would be to use a mattock to cut around the stump until it's free, but that's a lot of work.

The only problem with using a handyman jack, is that, if you drop the handle in the jack-down position, it will start to bounce and it will break your jaw if you're standing over it. Or, if in the jack-up position, the top comes free and comes to meet you, again, in the face.

The moral being, keep clear when using a Hi-lift. If you have doubts, that's good. If you're confident, don't be.

Yeah, I used a similar method to pull up some cemented posts that needed to be saved. I didn't use the a frame setup, but I wrapped a tow strap around each post and hitched it to the jack. Oddly enough, I actually saved enough money from salvaging the poles that it paid for the Horror Fright™ farm jack that I bought to jack them out.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Detective Thompson posted:

It's a place in Ecuador.

Hell Stink posted:

It is Ecuador.

It's a neat place in Ecuador. I was there in Jan 2001, I liked it a lot. I don't remember that treehouse though, may or may not have been there. Ecuador itself was nice too.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Pokey Araya posted:

This is the most terrifying version of that in Russia. All my friends who have played Russia of course say its an absolutely insane nightmare that anything works at all. For perspective most of the power amps running the speakers in this size venue are running about a 1000 watts rms each, they can easily peak at 3000 or more, and they probably have 6 or more chained together, minimum. Microphones have metal capsules, metal handles, and are grounded through the the wire that connects to the mixer. Ideally the power amp voltage should be so removed through the signal chain that this shouldn't happen. But hey, Russia.

Also note how as he gets shocked, his body involuntarily tenses up, AND PUTS THE MICROPHONE THAT JUST SHOCKED HIM STRAIGHT ONTO HIS HEART. This is my nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgr77VMe5Lc&t=126s

He lived.

https://i.imgur.com/D3dq1qd.mp4

The guy that touches him and immediately regrets it...

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

plainswalker75 posted:

Why would they need any?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/C2oH1PS.gifv

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Now how in the hell does the end on the pipe seal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

tactlessbastard posted:

Now how in the hell does the end on the pipe seal

Heat from the exhaust? It looks like it might be slowly deflating though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0GUH6XzDcQ&t=249s
Timestamp'd.

Joerg's weapons might be getting a little dangerous to film only in a safety t-shirt.