Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Rex-Goliath posted:

i'm pretty sure this is just sarcasm/a joke that's being very poorly conveyed

i'm certain you're right, it's just a really bad joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm certain you're right, it's just a really bad joke

MUCH

YOUR

POSTIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

prefect posted:

you already know who you secretly admire -- you don't know who secretly admires you

yeah but why would she call who secretly admires me? they already know they like me, i wouldn't know who they are...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I wish TweetDeck would put a marker where the last refresh was so I wouldn't go to scroll up/down and OMG 500 NEW STORIES and be unable to find my original location.

:(

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I wish TweetDeck would put a marker where the last refresh was so I wouldn't go to scroll up/down and OMG 500 NEW STORIES and be unable to find my original location.

:(

The better alternative is to not read twitter

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
a recent uyd had a story where jon was on his way to a party and found a parrot of some kind in the street. it was dying and he picked it up and tried to help it. it had been stabbed and it died in his arms. he didn't know what to do so he found a box and put it inside, marked the box "dead parrot larroquette" and then put it in a dumpster.

at the party he was telling this story and folks felt bad for the parrot. he went back to the dumpster on the way home (a few hours later) and the parrot was mysteriously gone out of its box. jesus squawks???

welp that's my second hand podcast story that i added a dumb punchline to, thanks for listening.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kenny Logins posted:

a recent uyd had a story where jon was on his way to a party and found a parrot of some kind in the street. it was dying and he picked it up and tried to help it. it had been stabbed and it died in his arms. he didn't know what to do so he found a box and put it inside, marked the box "dead parrot larroquette" and then put it in a dumpster.

at the party he was telling this story and folks felt bad for the parrot. he went back to the dumpster on the way home (a few hours later) and the parrot was mysteriously gone out of its box. jesus squawks???

welp that's my second hand podcast story that i added a dumb punchline to, thanks for listening.

what the gently caress did i just read

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

what the gently caress did i just read
uhh yeah dude is a good podcast

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Kenny Logins posted:

uhh yeah dude is a good podcast

It sure sounds like it is!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

It sure sounds like it is!
i liked your thing about the small thankgiving turkey tbqh

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kenny Logins posted:

lol. thanks for bringing a new posting theme to the ‘pos.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Realpost, I'm on third shift for two weeks starting Monday so I'll on the hunt for good podcasts, especially if they're of the "two or more people jabber at each other" model (it lets me pretend I'm not sitting alone, cut off from all human contact, for 10 goddamn hours of deathly quiet :() so I'll give it a listen.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Realpost, I'm on third shift for two weeks starting Monday so I'll on the hunt for good podcasts, especially if they're of the "two or more people jabber at each other" model (it lets me pretend I'm not sitting alone, cut off from all human contact, for 10 goddamn hours of deathly quiet :() so I'll give it a listen.

if i were looking for something like that I’d probably just listen to a bunch of old car talk episodes.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mbmbam and the flop house are probably my favs.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

uhh yeah dude is extremely easy to get into. so is jordan jesse go and/or stop podcasting yourself. same formula they've used for years, all basically fit your criteria

i like them for the road, the gym, or else chill video games with inessential audio

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Shaggar posted:

mbmbam and the flop house are probably my favs.
both are good but flop house is a bit hit or miss. i say just go through the catalog and pick a movie you've seen recently or like a lot. also we hate movies is good for this.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Yeah, I'm on the System Mastery/Expounded Universe/Movie Mastery and the IDEOTV wagons already as well.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cum town obviously

comedy edit: pod save america lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my wife listens to like 500 podcasts, i don't know how she does it. i'm not a "pod cast listener" as the kids call it. but good ones

What's Good Games (4 lady game industry veterans talk poo poo about games)
Chapo Trap House (satirical and absurdist right wing satire of left wing podcasts)
Sawbones (a lady doctor and her layman husband cover ridiculous medical history and answer questions)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

cum town obviously

cum town is a truly guilty pleasure

cbb is a given

i also like the occasional doughboys, reconcilable differences, roderick on the line, and overdue (for certain selected books)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Thanks!

For added fun, I'll hopefully be getting back onto stimulants as part of the "Get your ADD back under control" initiative during the two weeks.

So, :nitecrew::hf::justpost:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i also listen to podcasts

the dollop
what a time to be alive
the allusionist
answer me this
no such thing as a fish
international waters
judge john hodgman
beef and dairy network
harmontown
white chocolate nba pipecast
whiting wongs with dan harmon and jessica gao
cum town
chapo trap house
the war nerd

mostly

i also used to listen to greg proops's "smartest man in the world" podcast, but the election broke his brain :(

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 13, 2018

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

cum town obviously

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

prefect posted:

the dollop

i like this podcast except for the annoying guy who keeps interrupting with really unfunny jokes and brainless observations. he doesn't seem to know anything about anything

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

talking Simpsons with sa's own bobservo is a really good Simpsons podcast if that's your thing. some other shows on that network might appeal too, I like 30/20/10 most times

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Oh my loving god, why is there a simpsons podcast? Isis is right, we are irredeemable

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Oh my loving god, why is there a simpsons podcast? Isis is right, we are irredeemable

i believe there are quite a few simpsons podcasts

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

don’t have a cow, man.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

personally i'm trying to get away from consuming media that is itself just fuckers talking about other media. our time on this earth is finite.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

prefect posted:

beef and dairy network

Sorry, zats not kosher...

:thejoke:

(I'm really surprised there isn't a gif of that anywhere I can find.)

E: gently caress me: "Rabbi PI" is a Schwarzenegger movie from a regular episode of The Critic, not the McBain one from when he visited The Simpsons.

E2 Electric Boogaloo:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 13, 2018

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh who the eff are the mcelroys. they seem to be loved by all

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

prefect posted:

i also listen to podcasts

the dollop
what a time to be alive
the allusionist
answer me this
no such thing as a fish
international waters
judge john hodgman
beef and dairy network
harmontown
white chocolate nba pipecast
whiting wongs with dan harmon and jessica gao
cum town
chapo trap house
the war nerd

mostly

i also used to listen to greg proops's "smartest man in the world" podcast, but the election broke his brain :(

I didn't really see you as a cum town fan

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GameCube posted:

oh who the eff are the mcelroys. they seem to be loved by all

one of them has a lisp that i find very irritating :shrug:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

CVS: Vacation started a few days ago and Flying to Florida- someone in the back of the plane has a medical emergency and attempts to treat them are hampered by an unruly mob of elderly and children trying to get to the bathroom despite the flight crew's insistence that they stay seated.

Also as soon as we landed I thought the plane was on fire when they vented in the florida air which apparently has the texture of jello:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Glans Dillzig posted:

I didn't really see you as a cum town fan

in the '90s (and quite a while afterward), i was a huge fan of the howard stern show :blush:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

they usually go into what was going on that week when it was originally broadcast, they've all seen the director's commentaries so will pull from those discussing the episodes, sometimes they explain some of the more obscure references (or else show that a particular reference was just a random element). for example in the who shot mr burns eps they point out all the "clues". sometimes they have more info on celebrity guests, etc. they go from the beginning, ep by ep, they're up to s7 now

if you watched a lot of simpsons when it was still good, it's fun to hear the jokes again

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

GameCube posted:

personally i'm trying to get away from consuming media that is itself just fuckers talking about other media. our time on this earth is finite.
i can't stand "current video game podcasts" so yeah makes sense

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

they usually go into what was going on that week when it was originally broadcast, they've all seen the director's commentaries so will pull from those discussing the episodes, sometimes they explain some of the more obscure references (or else show that a particular reference was just a random element). for example in the who shot mr burns eps they point out all the "clues". sometimes they have more info on celebrity guests, etc. they go from the beginning, ep by ep, they're up to s7 now

if you watched a lot of simpsons when it was still good, it's fun to hear the jokes again

ooh, if they're about the simpsons back when the show was good, i might need to start listening to that. there was a podcast about "this episode ruined the simpsons" and they only had one that i'd seen ("the principal and the pauper")

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

ooh, if they're about the simpsons back when the show was good, i might need to start listening to that. there was a podcast about "this episode ruined the simpsons" and they only had one that i'd seen ("the principal and the pauper")
the first season is behind patreon paywall (except the premiere, the christmas one where they get slh) but starting from second season is still fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Also this is rich old white folks Florida so everyone's an old racist grandma here

We went out for breakfast yesterday and there was a low angry murmur of "Obama! OBAMA!" from p. much every booth around us- they're still angry at the guy for presidenting or something.