Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Am I wrong?

the smaller the grain size for a given substance, the larger the total surface area. if you've got 10g of salt, one in a monolithic chunk and the other in insanely fine powder, the latter has a bigger surface area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Mohelin would be a good name for a Jewish wizard.

i'd trust the mohelin guide to tell me where i can get fine kosher dining

e: i looked up exactly what a mohel does and maybe not. lmbo.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

WampaLord posted:

Am I wrong?

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the smaller the grain size for a given substance, the larger the total surface area. if you've got 10g of salt, one in a monolithic chunk and the other in insanely fine powder, the latter has a bigger surface area

put another way, if you had a big rock of salt and the same volume of salt pounded down into the finest grain imaginable, which do you think would dissolve in a cup of water first? your first point was basically exactly backwards

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

but you can crush up that big chunk tho and spread it out

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oh, well, today I learned

"surface area" was the wrong term, I guess I meant to just say "bigger"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It flake not chunk

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Prav posted:

i'd trust the mohelin guide to tell me where i can get fine kosher dining

e: i looked up exactly what a mohel does and maybe not. lmbo.

Le Cigare Coupé!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What's the worst Frasier episode? Besides "Beware of Greeks", anyway.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Mario death mask posted:

What's the worst Frasier episode? Besides "Beware of Greeks", anyway.

The "Frasier Crane Day" episode is the only one I skip when rewatching the series

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I skip the one where Frazier won’t let Daphne have sex in the apartment or let her move out. Even for the 90’s that’s just a super gross and weird view for such an educated and slutty man to have.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The Wonder Weapon posted:

The "Frasier Crane Day" episode is the only one I skip when rewatching the series

Yeah, the 'trying to get somewhere and everything in the world is lined up to impede you' is a frequent nightmare, no need to see it acted out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gonna go with Something About Dr. Mary. Beware the Greeks obviously terrible too. Also whatever episode Daphe's mother gets into a prank war with that ugly kid.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gonna go with Something About Dr. Mary.

Oh god, everything with Dr. Mary is terrible.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
I haven't seen most of Frasier in over a decade, and I never knew/paid attention to what the episode titles were, but seeing just "Beware the Greeks" mentioned I know exactly which episode that is. Ugh.

naem
May 29, 2011

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
lmao

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That one Kirby episode sucks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The argument between Frasier and King Dedede was brilliant, though.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Honestly any episode pre-season 9 has some redeeming quality to it, they were still on their game even when the scripts weren't great. Only in the last few seasons do we get any total losses, where there's both a bad script and no enthusiasm to sell it.

The one somebody mentioned with Daphne's mother feuding with a kid very well might be the worst one. Though I'm quite sure I've only watched it once so it's hard to remember exactly what's so bad about it. If I remember correctly, the same annoying kid actor showed up on Everybody Loves Raymond around the same time to do basically the same episode but even worse.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

GREAT. An entire science, DEVOTED to Hitler and Sybil!!!!

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
on Saturday CoziTV did a Frasier marathon to honor John Mahoney and I fell asleep on the couch watching it and dreamt I was watching it with John Mahoney

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are you perhaps a jack russell terrier

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gonna go with Something About Dr. Mary. Beware the Greeks obviously terrible too. Also whatever episode Daphe's mother gets into a prank war with that ugly kid.

Oh god that episode is the worst, whatever happened to that horrible child actor

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Calaveron posted:

Oh god that episode is the worst, whatever happened to that horrible child actor

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

so apparently if you look like a tiny adult when a kid (Which is a look many child actors are chosen for) you tend to look weird and unshapen as an adult.

case in point

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

That is unfortunate.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
THE GReeks episode is the perfect example of the wrong kind of bottle episode- nothing to do with the rest of the series, no continuity with any other episode and characters we have never seen before or since.

Seemed like it was guest written by a (Greek) fan

Marty even said previously he didn’t have a brother! :mad:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And then we never see or hear from any of them ever again. It's better that way, though I think chesty cousin would have been good for Niles.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

I wonder if I have more money than that dude

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

I wonder if I have more money than that dude

i knew a guy who went to law school with one of the guys from blind melon.

most people don't have a deep passion for contract law, so i assume he ran out of $$$?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I’ve never actually finished the episode(s?) with Poppy so I actually can’t truly say whether Greeks is worse

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Ethnic comedy is fruit so low for sitcom TV it’s practically a root crop

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Lemming posted:

Honestly any episode pre-season 9 has some redeeming quality to it, they were still on their game even when the scripts weren't great. Only in the last few seasons do we get any total losses, where there's both a bad script and no enthusiasm to sell it.

The one somebody mentioned with Daphne's mother feuding with a kid very well might be the worst one. Though I'm quite sure I've only watched it once so it's hard to remember exactly what's so bad about it. If I remember correctly, the same annoying kid actor showed up on Everybody Loves Raymond around the same time to do basically the same episode but even worse.

No it wasn't the same kid. I think you mean the episode with the kid called 'Spencer' who is a complete dick to Raymond and eats his cannoli (but actually doesn't and throws it in the trash, beep boop). I only know this poo poo because Raymond is on before Frasier here ever single morning since I can remember. I like the show but only in the context of being first thing in the morning when you're trying to ease yourself into the day, if it was loving primetime I would feel hard done by.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

are you perhaps a jack russell terrier

Perhaps we're all a jack russel terrier dreaming as we stare at our owner's son.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

Perhaps we're all a jack russel terrier dreaming as we stare at our owner's son.

Big if true

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Ethnic comedy is fruit so low for sitcom TV it’s practically a root crop

You say that but the Jewish episode is universally beloved (with good reason)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Mrs. Moskowitz is one of the best eps but the circumstances were more of the typical Wildean dramatic irony type and less "Perfect Strangers outta fuckin nowhere type"

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
best episode is hot halloween roz

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You can kinda see how Frasier and Roz get along despite their differences; she's smart and perceptive, and picks up a lot of what Frasier talks about, and he (usually) recognises that. And I think he likes how she doesn't take any of Niles' poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Roz is intelligent but not an intellectual. Frasier (and Niles even moreso) are intellectuals, but you wouldn't necessarily trust them to sit the right way round on a toilet.