Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm not seeing the problem (other than people's complaints about knocking them off their series for Bendis, but I'm not reading either and excited for him). It's giving each writer another issue or so to finish up whatever storylines they had going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Did They announce an artist for Bendis Superman?

Maeev Superman would be great

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr Hootington posted:

Why?

Come on DC. Please no.

I mean we already knew the runs were ending because Bendis is taking Superman over. At least they're giving the old teams a chance to write a decent ending.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

drat. I'll have to get the Action Special for Mark Russell and Jill Thompson.
And 'Superman' goes back to the New Frontier story to end up? Perfect.

Roth posted:

Did They announce an artist for Bendis Superman?

Maeev Superman would be great

Man of Steel: Ivan Reis, Doc Shaner, Ryan Sook, Kevin Maguire, Adam Hughes, Jason Fabok
Action Comics: Pat Gleason
Superman: ?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 13, 2018

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Android Blues posted:

Everyone should be reading Snagglepuss. Both issues so far have gone from strength to strength. It's seriously really good.

Having a lot of problems reading this in his voice , even if I force it even.

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 13, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why did you post a link to a link?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Why did you post a link to a link?

Welcome to Internet 2008.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Twitter posting is great. Free thumbnail and summary. You don't have to type anything yourself!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
its true

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah honestly I don't have an issue with that

Maybe bossman does though idk

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I AIN'T GOT TIME TO CLICK TWICE.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

You only have to click once if you click directly onto the website URL!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno, you read Wild Hunt yet? I wanna know if Morrison has a clear chunk to himself, or if it's just four writers' ideas chucked into Snyder's script.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 14, 2018

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Get with the times old man

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Teenage Fansub posted:

Twitter posting is great. Free thumbnail and summary. You don't have to type anything yourself!

Yeah, especially if you're phoneposting when it's only a couple of buttons.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

drat. I'll have to get the Action Special for Mark Russell and Jill Thompson.
And 'Superman' goes back to the New Frontier story to end up? Perfect.

Man of Steel: Ivan Reis, Doc Shaner, Ryan Sook, Kevin Maguire, Adam Hughes, Jason Fabok
Action Comics: Pat Gleason
Superman: ?

He's getting three Superman books?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Weekly MoS miniseries, then Action and Superman.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Neat!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I meant the renumbering.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I really like the post Superman Reborn outfit...I thought it did a great job breaking up the blue with the red and gold belt.

I don't know why he has to go back to trunks again...I feel like every other character is allowed to move on from them so why not Superman? No one's out there clamoring for the Bat trunks or the black Aquaman speedos and most people are happy for Wonder Woman to have a battle skirt instead of the underwear so it just feels regressive and nostalgia wanking. But then most of Rebirth has been safe nostalgia wanking with not particularly amazing but inoffensive storytelling.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

I really like the post Superman Reborn outfit...I thought it did a great job breaking up the blue with the red and gold belt.

I don't know why he has to go back to trunks again...I feel like every other character is allowed to move on from them so why not Superman? No one's out there clamoring for the Bat trunks or the black Aquaman speedos and most people are happy for Wonder Woman to have a battle skirt instead of the underwear so it just feels regressive and nostalgia wanking. But then most of Rebirth has been safe nostalgia wanking with not particularly amazing but inoffensive storytelling.

Spider-Man's best costume is still his original.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I like the classic costume, but with big, expressive, McFarlane/Bagley-style eyes, and without the armpit-webs from the original.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I like the classic costume, but with big, expressive, McFarlane/Bagley-style eyes, and without the armpit-webs from the original.

That's the equivalent of changing boot length or size or shape of the S on Superman's chest. Can you imagine that suit without the blue highlights in the top half, or solid red pants?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Spider-Man doesn't wear briefs?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In The Wild Hunt, I think you can kinda tell when it's really Morrison and when it's the other three writers trying to be Morrison, but that's okay. It sure carries his brand of conceptual giddiness. Fun comic.

Shade/Wonder Woman is bonkers. If BrianWilly ever sees the second page, he's gonna have a heart attack.

e: The Brave and the Bold logo shown off in today's ads is pretty weak.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 14, 2018

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
The Wild Hunt has pulls from motherfucking 52 and that's not even the best part of that dang comic. It's not just playing the hits, it's playing the fan-favorite deep cuts. It's a wonderful, joyous thing, that's also about the multiverse collapsing into despair.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Do I need to have followed Metal in order to pick up Wild Hunt? I'd like to for Grant Morrison, but was never hooked on the event.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

I was just giving an example of a costume where the original version is still the best looking one.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Skwirl posted:

I was just giving an example of a costume where the original version is still the best looking one.

Almost always the original costume is the best one

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

No. He goes commando under the costume. This is canon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Almost always the original costume is the best one

I was responding to someone who doesn't think Superman needs trunks.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Skwirl posted:

I was responding to someone who doesn't think Superman needs trunks.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, sorry if it wasn't clear

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, if clark flew around buck naked with his super swurm hangin out itd probably be fairly intimidating

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

site posted:

i mean, if clark flew around buck naked with his super swurm hangin out itd probably be fairly intimidating

I think you're getting him confused for Big Bank Hank, rookie mistake.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Following up on the earlier Red Hood preview to say that RHATO Rebirth has been a consistent knockout and the latest issue is no exception.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I always get very excited when Detective Chimp shows up, so I was automatically into Wild Hunt. I keep wanting that character to get a Vertigo series and am endlessly disappointed.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wild Hunt was great. Detective Chimp, Metal Men, a great Raven scene, and that ridiculous reveal at the end. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/status/963834369726062592/photo/1

Hopefully Mitch doesn't have to draw anything super traumatic in regards to that baby, just having one himself.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Keep reading New Super-Man you cowards.

Wild Hunt was pretty great, though I have to say that droning on "THERE'S NO MORE HOPE!" so much throughout this event kinda drains the effect. Either way, I hope we get a lot more stories like this in Snyder's upcoming JL stuff.

Kyle got a spiffy-ish-looking new costume in GLC. It'll almost make you forget the issue was drawn by Ethan Van Sciver. :(

I'm a little wary of the events that have been going on in Detective Comics. I don't hate the story being told exactly, but there's just a lot to be wary about, here, and a lot of paths being taken that there isn't any going back from.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Shade/Wonder Woman is bonkers. If BrianWilly ever sees the second page, he's gonna have a heart attack.
It ain't the worst WW thing I read recently so, besides finding it virtually incomprehensible, I honestly don't have much of an opinion. In fact, it's not even the worst WW thing I read today since a Robinson issue of Wonder Woman also came out. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I felt kind of iffy about how the Koreans were being portrayed in New Super-Man, but that interrogation where the dude talks about The Simpsons was pretty good.