Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm having a lovely loving year. My wife and I had to move in with my parents (and brother) because her abusive dad put us in a bad financial situation in a house we bought together (he ended up profiting off the sale though, the bastard). Living with them was supposed to be temporary, but my wife had to leave her job because of extreme anxiety and depression, and every day at home is worse than the last because she clashes with my parents. I get regular panic attacks now and often dread going home from work because of what it might bring. We're supposed to be moving out soon and I'm terrified it's not going to work out and will just financially ruin us again, as our meager savings goes down every month even now not paying rent, but if I don't get out of my parent's house I'm going to have a loving nervous breakdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
edit: nvm

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Feb 8, 2018

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
I'm stuck at work between impostor syndrome and peter principle, oscillating forever.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's way too cold in my apartment even with the heating going full blast, just because of how cold it's been in general. I'm hoping the weather warms up soon.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
My parents’ house burned down on Sunday, my cat died in that fire, my phone broke yesterday and I had to shell out way too much money to repair it, and my 63 year old dad had to be taken to the hospital tonight for a torn femoral artery and he may be getting a vascular graft tonight. My parents were staying with me, and so I am scrubbing my bathtub where that accident happened and pounding a glass of wine.

I want to fire this week into the goddamn sun.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Well, for starters, I woke up again, today. I loving hate that. It’s all downhill from here.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
The one place I can park due to working late shift is a club with a frankly huge car park. Today they started putting a guard at the drive way, ensuring you actually enter the club.

Bitch, this is the only place I can park without the place closing before I finish and spending 50 bucks for a guy to come out. :argh:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm a paramedic. I did CPR on a 7 year old last night. I don't think I need to go into more detail. It was reeeeeally lovely.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My insurance deducted money I don't have from my account for their monthly payment, so now I have to bring a handful of change to clinical orientation tomorrow or go hungry. Also it seems like everyone in the house has decided that since I've been to busy preparing for clinicals and going to class to clean the house, they weren't going to either, so now I have to get as much done before ~5:30 tonight as I can or else I'll get screamed at for being lazy.

Oh, and ATT switched today to some dumb new system which locked me out of one of my emails. Since I wasn't the one who set up the account, I have no way of finding the information needed to get back into it, so hopefully nothing important goes to that one.....

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
My computer mouse isn't even a year old and the wheel is broken, I'm sure the computer shop could quickly fix it but it's still annoying, I wanted to stay home watch game of thrones and drink wine today. :argh:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

A customer made a sexually harassing comment to me. Not overt, but a situation where he knew only I would hear and implying things so he could pretend to be innocent. I told him the conversation had become inappropriate, walked away, and reported him to management. None of my coworkers seem to give a poo poo, which is especially depressing but unsurprising (they’re older women who seem to blow off the more subtle forms of harassment). I don’t expect anything to come of it because my supposedly LGBTQ-friendly company is a joke.

I’m thinking back to a 17-yo employee in a prior job who we let hide in the back every time this middle-aged scumbag came in and creeped on them because the employee felt so horrible yet the company still wouldn’t let us ban the customer. Even my own mother shrugged it off when I told her about this because “it’s not a big deal.” No one cares about how small and worthless even the most “innocuous” comments make people feel.

We are not things.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby

QuietLion posted:

My parents’ house burned down on Sunday, my cat died in that fire, my phone broke yesterday and I had to shell out way too much money to repair it, and my 63 year old dad had to be taken to the hospital tonight for a torn femoral artery and he may be getting a vascular graft tonight. My parents were staying with me, and so I am scrubbing my bathtub where that accident happened and pounding a glass of wine.

I want to fire this week into the goddamn sun.
Despite it being a Monday, things have started to look up quite a bit! My parents are rebuilding a smaller, more appropriate house for their lifestyle on the lot, I donated the bags of unopened cat food and litter to the shelter we got Mr. Cat from, my dad didn’t pop a major artery and will heal up without surgery, and I found some excellent seasonal beer to top off a calm Monday at work.

Keep your chin up, goons. Tomorrow is another, better day. :unsmith:

also this was the kick in the pants my dad needed, he was seriously neglecting his health.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I can't deal with my family anymore. They only contact me to complain about how I'm not good enough. I really wish they'd leave me alone.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm having a lovely loving year. My wife and I had to move in with my parents (and brother) because her abusive dad put us in a bad financial situation in a house we bought together (he ended up profiting off the sale though, the bastard). Living with them was supposed to be temporary, but my wife had to leave her job because of extreme anxiety and depression, and every day at home is worse than the last because she clashes with my parents. I get regular panic attacks now and often dread going home from work because of what it might bring. We're supposed to be moving out soon and I'm terrified it's not going to work out and will just financially ruin us again, as our meager savings goes down every month even now not paying rent, but if I don't get out of my parent's house I'm going to have a loving nervous breakdown.

Turns out I was on the edge of a nervous breakdown because of a new medication I was taking for a chronic, non-mental health issue which turned out to have the side effect of extreme anxiety. I stopped it and my mental state improved immensely and immediately. Things have actually calmed down recently and we are on our way out of my parents house next month (thank loving god), although 2017 was one poo poo of a year, possibly the worst in my life. I'm finally coming out the other side though.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Glad to hear your Red Rod isn't nearly as Rotten dude. It's always nice when things turn around. Best of luck finding a medication that won't gently caress your brain chemistry sideways. :)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom is loving insane and apparently jealous of my husband of 19 years because he gets more of my attention than she does.

Maybe my mom would get more attention if she didn't deliberately and actively give me the silent treatment to prove I don't give her enough attention. She's acting like such a child. And apparently is now also a Mother In Law(tm).

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My partner's minor stomach bug blew up today, basically, so looks like my valentine's day activities will consist of warming up her soup and playing video games with the sound off so I don't wake her up.

I like V Day. :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:09 on Feb 15, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just got done getting screamed at literally for not committing fraud. One of my clients wanted me to notarize something that was already signed and blew up on me when I said no. I took it for a few minutes until he started saying incredibly lovely things about one of our tellers, so I shut his accounts down, cut him a cashier's check, closed his relationship with our firm, and sent him packing.

Which lead to another tongue lashing from my district sales manager for closing the relationship, but she agreed once I told her everything that happened. I've got one more call I'm gonna have to deal with from my mortgage broker because now that I closed our firm's relationship with him the refi we were working on is going to get scrapped. Been a crummy thing to deal with so far today, but dude has always been a pain in the rear end and more trouble than he's worth to me.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Been stressed the past couple days about something happening today. Had my anxiety go into overdrive all day today, stress-ate way too much food, and am now sick because of it, with the bonus of a massive headache bordering on migraine. Plus, still stressed out, because the source of stress won't be over until tonight.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I was cruising through some old haunts, and I saw that they renamed a street called Sioux to Sue :rolleyes:

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The certified pre-owned car I bought less than 2 years ago just cost me a poo poo load of money in repairs

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found out that a few of my not-super-close-but-kept-in-touch friends are gun freaks who find even banning poo poo like AR-15s to be a step too far.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom has decided that me asking her to reach out and stop ignoring me on purpose while I'm sick means she should do all that even harder now. Got a message saying she's never going to bother trying and she's removing herself from my life. Cool.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Picnic Princess posted:

I can't deal with my family anymore. They only contact me to complain about how I'm not good enough. I really wish they'd leave me alone.

Picnic Princess posted:

My mom has decided that me asking her to reach out and stop ignoring me on purpose while I'm sick means she should do all that even harder now. Got a message saying she's never going to bother trying and she's removing herself from my life. Cool.

Shouldn't this be in the "why was your day so great today" thread?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

At this point, yes.

I haven't been good enough for her ever. She's still jealous of my husband and I've been with him 19 years. I ran an event for school, I was super excited and proud, it was a really big deal to me and I'd been anticipating doing it for years. It was financially successful and very well received, but she said she couldn't go because she had plans. Turns out she didn't want to go because I would probably spend too much time with my friends and colleagues. It also makes her mad when my face lights up around people who are actually, you know, nice to me. So gently caress it all. I'm extremely sick right now, been sick for 2 years, and don't have it in me to give a poo poo anymore.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My family’s financial situations are pretty lovely right now. After almost six months of being unemployed, I got a pretty sweet job a few weeks ago that I liked and was really excited about, that payed pretty good, and that I hoped would give me some good experience for future careers.

Today they fired me. I thought I was doing well there, but apparently their expectations were different and I didn’t know it.

gently caress.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My mom realized my dad has been a (nonphysical) abusive partner for decades and she's leaning on me hard for support

But my dad has only ever been a great dad to me

"being there" for my mom will destroy my relationship with my dad, but she's a scared lonely woman with no friends and no social network so I'm not sure what fate I'm dooming her to if I say "hey don't talk to me about problems with your husband"

Family sucks!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Made a bunch of stupid mistakes at work the last two days. Pissed a couple of customers off and cost the shop about $150 in stuff we had to give goodwill credits for. want to die in my sleep before tomorrow's shift so I can't gently caress up any more.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I made a dumb mistake cooking tea - noticed one of the hobs was dirty while serving and went to check the grime with my fingers. Whoops! It was the hob I was using. Now my fingertips are sensitive as gently caress, just hope they don't blister.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Surprise! A burn typically takes three days to set in. So, you could be fine now, blister a bit tomorrow, and then day after tomorrow the tip of your finger sloughs off or whatever. You're in for a treat. I dripped some hot glue on my leg by accident and I thought I was fine until two days later it cavitied and I had a 5mm hole in my leg for two weeks.

Source: I literally work in a burn center.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

InediblePenguin posted:

Made a bunch of stupid mistakes at work the last two days. Pissed a couple of customers off and cost the shop about $150 in stuff we had to give goodwill credits for. want to die in my sleep before tomorrow's shift so I can't gently caress up any more.

Hey everyone makes mistakes, your follies are not as bad as you think and you are a valuable and appreciated person

BioEnchanted posted:

I made a dumb mistake cooking tea - noticed one of the hobs was dirty while serving and went to check the grime with my fingers. Whoops! It was the hob I was using. Now my fingertips are sensitive as gently caress, just hope they don't blister.

I once knew a girl named Hobbs

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I woke up determined to get through a full 8 hour shift today. Even felt decent for the morning. After 4 hours I started deteriorating but figured I could make it 6 hours. By then I started feeling like absolute hell but still kept pushing. Gave up with 45 minutes remaining and now I can barely walk or hold my phone up. I'm full of regret, my entire body is in searing pain and feel like I'm dying. Should have gone home after 5 hours.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jesus loving christ I'm fairly certain I just saved my house from burning down. Is it really that loving hard for people to make sure their cigarette butts are actually out before they put them in the bin (and then leave the house, with every other occupant asleep)? Now everything smells of smoke and I'm going to be on edge all day. gently caress. At least I got it before it would require calling the fire brigade and being so damaging we'd have to temporarily live somewhere else. UNLIKE LAST TIME. How do you risk letting this happen after the first time? FFFUUCCKK

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Had a bad fight with my mom about our computer fuckery. The rooms in the back of the house can't get wifi suddenly. Cox dude offered the idea of a wifi extender, which didn't work. My mom doesn't care too much, as I have a chromebook and her computer isn't affected, so her Facebook games go on.

I got a plan together so I could get my new computer to run on ethernet so I can, for once, play some games, but she veto'd the moving of the living room furniture to allow for a desk, because, she whined, we'd get on each other's nerves if I was out there on the computer while she binged Big Bang Theory....and she refuses to watch TV in her room because her DVR is in the living room and she had 200 hours on it so won't consider using any other kind of TV cause she'd lose her shows.

She offered the compromise that I could set up a computer near hers and use the wifi, but she doesn't understand ethernet or why I need it, and gets snippy when I try to explain. Trying to also explain she hosed up in the first place last year by letting the Cox dude set up a modem/router across the house from my room hosed up my Internet speeds does not end well.

Oh, and we pay almost $280 a month for loving cable and Internet that doesn't work in half the loving house!

My friend has offered to come over and see about running a cord throughout the house but that will be tricky, and I'd need to kick my mom out for several hours for him to try and lay the cable out because she would not leave him alone and be whining all the time if her DVR will still work.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

i woke up this morning and set a goal of making it through ONE loving SHIFT without making any idiot mistakes and i did not even last until 10:00

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cowslips Warren posted:

internet stuff

Not that this is a tech support thread or anything, but it sounds like you need a better wireless router. The built in wireless in most cable modems is poo poo, so if that's what you're using, it's not surprising the extender didn't even help. I had to extend our wifi all the way to a guest house in the backyard and what finally worked was getting a Netgear Nighthawk router and an extender. You can plug it in to the existing modem/router without turning it off or affecting anything. My connection from anywhere in the house is like I'm hardwired in now. Not an exaggeration - I used to insist on running an ethernet cable as well, but with this setup you can't tell the difference.

Oh, make sure you have a decent wireless card in your PC as well. Don't cheap out on that part.

Rotten Red Rod has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Feb 23, 2018

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

I once knew a girl named Hobbs

Didn't her dad try to kill her?

Edit: i had the house to myself until a couple of hours ago. I am now walking on emotional eggshells, waiting for the 'so what did YOU do today?' and 'You know, you should---' and 'If you---' and 'Why don't you----' to start. I hate feeling uncomfortable in my own home.

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 01:55 on Feb 24, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My manager wrote me up for some dumb thing which everyone else has done multiple times and they’ve never been written up. Also, she was saying poo poo like “you’re not a manager you don’t tell people what to do” and I’m not gonna get into the story but what she said is 100% bullshit.

My work is full of drama and cliques that chose someone to bully.

She was mean to me all day and was angry that I asked her to leave at 2:45 (when I was scheduled to leave at 2:00) cause I had a vet appointment. She didn’t say bye to me.

I don’t know what the gently caress but apparently her boss is gonna talk to me tomorrow when I’m reality I did nothing wrong.

I know that these two other people are starting drama and I think she’s mad cause her boss likes me.

It is also possible that she had PMS but like, don’t let that affect you.

Ugh

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

It is also possible that she had PMS but like, don’t let that affect you.

I recommend not saying that part when your boss speaks to you. The rest is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Intoluene posted:

I recommend not saying that part when your boss speaks to you. The rest is good.

I would never say anything like that to her or anyone. It was just internal mental thoughts.