Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

That 30 second fights video looks like it would be fun but if I ever clicked play and watched it it would immediately fail to live up to the expectations set by that thumbnail. Dude is flying around like a goddamn saiyan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

A nice little compilation of winter sport goofs including the classic Steven Bradbury win in the 2002 speed skating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iyVvqd_l44

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/Juf50Zn.mp4

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

ewe2 posted:

A nice little compilation of winter sport goofs including the classic Steven Bradbury win in the 2002 speed skating:

Can someone explain the shooting ones? They're not as obvious as a wipeout.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

food court bailiff posted:

That 30 second fights video looks like it would be fun but if I ever clicked play and watched it it would immediately fail to live up to the expectations set by that thumbnail. Dude is flying around like a goddamn saiyan.

Yeah the fight from the thumbnail is particularly lame, the rest are pretty fun though

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

Biathlon has you shooting either from prone or standing depending on the round. They're shooting from the wrong position for the round, which is why when they finish they're looking at the other athletes then going "...oh, poo poo."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

The black dots in the corner show which targets they haven't hit, and they're only allowed one shot at each target. So if someone empties their magazine and has all 5 black dots remaining, they missed every single shot.

And then it looks like at least one of them was in the wrong position, which means nothing counted.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Samuringa posted:

Dudes at 3:20 look like they're having a good time :shobon:

It even looks kinda like a fight instead of two fat highschoolers pulling each other's hair.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Guy tries really hard to win the one chip challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7a8qyJ5W74

I love this clip so much.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The General posted:

I love this clip so much.
hahahha he's in so much pain he just blurts out "I'M SICK OF HEARING ABOUT YOUR MARATHON" the second it comes up

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Away all Goats posted:

Wow, was Vic Berger done an edit of this yet? This is amazing near the end when they just hold closeups

1:54 is v cute

i. am. triumphant.:geno: with a beautiful cutaway of the guy suffering in between

bring back old gbs has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Feb 13, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Away all Goats posted:

:stwoon:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

:j: You look good, shimmering, glistening, basking...

:supaburn::

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Then in the end he runs off gagging, what a baby. I honestly thought he was doing a bit, the insecure male boomer who can't admit defeat and is enraged some woman is fairing so much better. No, that's just him I guess?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

cis autodrag posted:

I'd get a really bad ear infection if I wore those for more than like an hour. I have to moderate headphone use entirely for the same reason. Makes flying more than an hour suck.

Surely you'd just wear circumaural headphones so they don't touch your ear at all? I'm not a fan of headphones that clamp on my ear, so all the ones I buy sit around the ear. I guess your ear would get hotter though?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My friend works trades and needs to be able to hear all the time so he got these "bone conducting headphones" that rest on your bones above your ear and vibrate the sound in that way. They're actually really comfortable and nice, great sound quality but nothing covering or bothering your ears.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baronjutter posted:

Then in the end he runs off gagging, what a baby. I honestly thought he was doing a bit, the insecure male boomer who can't admit defeat and is enraged some woman is fairing so much better. No, that's just him I guess?

Yeah it is the type of uncomfortable self-assurance you see in a Tim & Eric sketch. If it cut to the weather guy and it was just Greg Turkington deadpanning the camera it would not have surprised me at all, but it just ended for real.

That's a real person.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I kind of wish she'd have thrown it at some point, let him have his "win" - and none of the milk.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

bring back old gbs posted:

Yeah it is the type of uncomfortable self-assurance you see in a Tim & Eric sketch. If it cut to the weather guy and it was just Greg Turkington deadpanning the camera it would not have surprised me at all, but it just ended for real.

That's a real person.

Do you think he ran off and sulked in his dressing room? Do you think he was really passive aggressive towards her afterwards eventually leading to demanding an apology for embarrassing and emasculating him on air?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Do you think he ran off and sulked in his dressing room? Do you think he was really passive aggressive towards her afterwards eventually leading to demanding an apology for embarrassing and emasculating him on air?
Apologies for the facebook video. But this them talking about it afterwards
I just love that the guy immediately went "I had to last 5 minutes, and I did a whole 6!" after the clip. You sure did, buddy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

That’s a great way to gently caress up your kayak.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Raygereio posted:

Apologies for the facebook video. But this them talking about it afterwards
I just love that the guy immediately went "I had to last 5 minutes, and I did a whole 6!" after the clip. You sure did, buddy.

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a gagging crybaby.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Need to post this earplug video because most people use them wrong. Foam earplugs are awesome and if you insert properly there is no kid on the planet that could possibly be loud enough to cause discomfort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHP8K3BsrA

Still not enough. Things don't need to be loud enough to cause discomfort in order to be loud enough to keep you from sleeping.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Baronjutter posted:

Of course, he was being a giant piss baby rather than admit defeat to a woman

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Man tries to impress woman by putting on an Army uniform, renting a helicopter to pick her up, and claiming he was on a secret mission authorized by the president. Gets arrested.

quote:

Bell said he believed the false pretense and promise of an important briefing with a lawyer was an attempt by Desgroux to romance the unnamed woman, who knew the man for about 20 years and said she believed he was experiencing maritial problems. It is unclear if she believed his claims of being a general.

Defense attorney Andrew McCoppin said Desgroux intends to plead not guilty when he is arraigned, according to the Associated Press.

“It appears that a number of things have snowballed to where we are today,” McCoppin told the judge.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
It's a good thing kids are made of rubber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H96cetGuRzQ

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://m.imgur.com/r/Unexpected/0AxwEdU

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

chitoryu12 posted:

The black dots in the corner show which targets they haven't hit, and they're only allowed one shot at each target. So if someone empties their magazine and has all 5 black dots remaining, they missed every single shot.

And then it looks like at least one of them was in the wrong position, which means nothing counted.

The freude with the blank shots isn't that they're missing. It's that they're missing their targets because they're shooting at someone else's targets.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Schadenfreude is on me because today I:

1. Fired 3-inch magnum shells out of a lightweight single-shot shotgun, which is basically a method of self-flagellation.

2. Drank a shot of 95.6% ABV Everclear straight, and I still feel like I should go to a doctor.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

1. Fired 3-inch magnum shells out of a lightweight single-shot shotgun, which is basically a method of self-flagellation.

2. Drank a shot of 95.6% ABV Everclear straight, and I still feel like I should go to a doctor.

I've doubled my age since I tried drinking an Everclear screwdriver and it still haunts me to this day.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Not double but it has been about ten years.

I also got into my electrician (PCB-repairer) father's cabinet and tried a shot of his etching alcohol (denatured). I wonder if that's the cause of my constant headaches all this time? To be honest I don't know if the everclear wasn't worse.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We used to pour capfulls of Everclear into our beers to "stretch" them out. We had a lot of problems.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A straight shot of 95.6% ABV alcohol has no smell or flavor. It's just unusually cold at first (even when the bottle is warm), which slowly turns to your mouth and throat burning so badly that you want to throw up. 30 minutes later and I'm still feeling it.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Solice Kirsk posted:

We used to pour capfulls of Everclear into our beers to "stretch" them out. We had a lot of problems.

Me and some buddies used to put lovely whiskey in our Keystone Lights to do this and it was always nasty. Effective though

chitoryu12 posted:

Back when I was a freshman on my university volleyball team, I got handed a shot of what I was told was vodka when it was Everclear or Gemclear and that knocked me on the couch for a good while. Both cruel and hilarious, I'll never knowingly do that again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

A straight shot of 95.6% ABV alcohol has no smell or flavor. It's just unusually cold at first (even when the bottle is warm), which slowly turns to your mouth and throat burning so badly that you want to throw up. 30 minutes later and I'm still feeling it.

Thats why we used to call taking a shot of Everclear "Turning on the Afterburners." Worked on a couple levels. We were very clever.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Warm dr pepper and everclear, you won't mind the alcohol. Ah, to be fourteen again (no, please not again).

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
This is going to sound like STDH.txt and I'll try not to exaggerate, but my freshman year of college my sober roommate poured maybe 8 oz of Everclear into a beer bong and chugged it. Immediately after he went downstairs with his friends to smoke a joint but only made it about six steps before he passed out cold and his buddies carried him right back in and tossed him on the couch. He pissed himself and every couple of hours would get up for a few minutes and say "dude, what happened" and then he was out again.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Seems like a good time to repost this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep2I3Gf3Sec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

it worked