Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Beast lead/Wolvie is always my 25 for whatever reason. I usually throw rogue in because why.m not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i use sharon for floor 29

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I basically always do Jean or Sharog at 28/29. And then Caleb is my 30.

It’s beautiful.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i use mr miguel o'2069 for 30 cos hes just that good

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Cabel on 30 pretty much walks up to DD, puts a clown nose on 'im and honks it twice. Fights done before I can even slice my bread to make a sandwich.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yay! Finally passed the research on the X quest! Oh, great. Two beats later, another research for MKraan Crystals. Yay.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Steve Vader posted:

Yay! Finally passed the research on the X quest! Oh, great. Two beats later, another research for MKraan Crystals. Yay.

Two beats after that you'll need 1000 phoenix feathers but otherwise you are on the home stretch. Hang in there. Just don't do what I did and feed your x-men bios to Thanos or Quicksilver before you T2 them, because Jean Grey is ridiculously good and worth all the effort. I T2'd Magneto and Rogue something like 3 months before I did Storm and Cyclops because I didn't think ahead. when I had the bios I didn't have the mkraan crystals so I fed the bios to QS, then once I had the mkraan crystals I was oops they are still 4x15 gear and oops again I need 150 more to actually advance to T2 unless I burn a monthly ticket (which I ended up doing for Storm).

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I spent the pass few weeks feeding bios to Quicksilver along with Black Anti Matter. (Also it takes like 1500 bios to bring him from level 55 to 60. Ouch.)

Then I unlocked Cable and discover he only needs Phoenix Feathers (which I'm always at Cap for) to rank up. I should have been grinding him ahead of Pietro.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Two beats after that you'll need 1000 phoenix feathers but otherwise you are on the home stretch. Hang in there. Just don't do what I did and feed your x-men bios to Thanos or Quicksilver before you T2 them, because Jean Grey is ridiculously good and worth all the effort. I T2'd Magneto and Rogue something like 3 months before I did Storm and Cyclops because I didn't think ahead. when I had the bios I didn't have the mkraan crystals so I fed the bios to QS, then once I had the mkraan crystals I was oops they are still 4x15 gear and oops again I need 150 more to actually advance to T2 unless I burn a monthly ticket (which I ended up doing for Storm).

Oy. I only have 245 of those feathers. That'll take a lovely amount of time. Maybe long enough for me to save up the crystals to get Magneto. At least I have 867 M'Kraan somehow. And hey, I'm one round of World Bosses away from finishing the Dr. Strange research with all the Norn Stones. What's next for me there?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

See here.

Reddit - future_fight - Dr. Strange Epic Quest Guide https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/59qrrq/dr_strange_epic_quest_guide/?utm_source=amp_share&utm_medium=tweet

Reddit - future_fight - X-Men Epic Quest Guide https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/6fuxmx/xmen_epic_quest_guide/?utm_source=amp_share&utm_medium=tweet

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I found Strange harder than X-men, but more because I had no idea how the World bosses worked so i didn't bother with it until the Cable/QS/SW World Bosses came out so I had to learn.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

Oy. I only have 245 of those feathers. That'll take a lovely amount of time. Maybe long enough for me to save up the crystals to get Magneto. At least I have 867 M'Kraan somehow. And hey, I'm one round of World Bosses away from finishing the Dr. Strange research with all the Norn Stones. What's next for me there?

Feathers farm really quickly. You get roughly 20 apiece for each thing you have open so you can rack them up well with just the daily stuff. It might take time but it takes way less than most of the other resources besides M'kraan shards. M'kraan shards come easy from all the Tracking Missions but M'kraan Crystals are the hardest thing to farm and you'll probably end up at a point where it will be quicker to convert feathers into crystals in the lab.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

Feathers farm really quickly. You get roughly 20 apiece for each thing you have open so you can rack them up well with just the daily stuff. It might take time but it takes way less than most of the other resources besides M'kraan shards. M'kraan shards come easy from all the Tracking Missions but M'kraan Crystals are the hardest thing to farm and you'll probably end up at a point where it will be quicker to convert feathers into crystals in the lab.

Each thing I have open? What thing?

I guess I was under the assumption that you could turn M'Kraan Shards into M'Kraan Crystals but apparently not, which is dumb.

The lab, so far, I've only been using the store occasionally, and mostly for Level 5 XP chips. The processor of turning a bunch of valuable stuff into barely any of a different valuable thing seems wasteful and annoying, and the Deploy thing feels like a waste of anti-matter that could be used to level up the store.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm sure I will get bored in a few weeks but I am poking at this game again a bit.

Alliance invite somewhere would be great (IGN Scosgarr)

If anyone can provide some cliffnotes of any important changes/additions since September or so that would also be cool.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 10, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

Each thing I have open? What thing?

I guess I was under the assumption that you could turn M'Kraan Shards into M'Kraan Crystals but apparently not, which is dumb.

The lab, so far, I've only been using the store occasionally, and mostly for Level 5 XP chips. The processor of turning a bunch of valuable stuff into barely any of a different valuable thing seems wasteful and annoying, and the Deploy thing feels like a waste of anti-matter that could be used to level up the store.

Veiled and Mutual Missions all deal out feathers. Depending on how far along you are in the Epic Mission I don't know how many of them you have available. But they deal out about 20-30 feathers a piece and there's six total. So when you have them all open you'll do 100-200 feathers a day.

I made the same mistake confusing shards with crystals. If you go back I have this hilarious smug post when I was where you're at when I boasted that when I finally got the feathers I'd be good because of all my saved shards. Then someone broke the news to me.

The Lab Processor is super valuable because you'll always have more of some resource than another you need. Yeah, if you're doing the math youre spending for lesser value but it's worth it if you're capped out on feathers and getting 100 a day and only get like 10 Mkraan crsytals a day. Or if you need a ton of chaos stones. Or if you want to try and get X23 or Ultimates bios. It's situational but it's very useful when you're in need of something.

Deploying isn't worth it. The Store can be. I buy Level 5 experience chips and Gear Up Kits. In the past I've bought Dimension Debris when I was short on it. On occasional I'll but stones or gear if I need some or are short.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Scoss posted:

I'm sure I will get bored in a few weeks but I am poking at this game again a bit.

Alliance invite somewhere would be great (IGN Scosgarr)

If anyone can provide some cliffnotes of any important changes/additions since September or so that would also be cool.

Just wait a bit and I’ll get you back in Hebrons.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

twistedmentat posted:

I found Strange harder than X-men, but more because I had no idea how the World bosses worked so i didn't bother with it until the Cable/QS/SW World Bosses came out so I had to learn.

I started both at the same time and finished the Wolverine quest a month ago. I hated both of them but my jaw absolutely hit the goddamn floor when the Strange quest asked me to 5-star loving Clea.

This was directly after the bullshit with "collect 5 billion pieces of rank 6 dark matter."

Around the same time that I got to her the Black Panther patch dropped and I just deleted the app in disgust at the absurd monetization going on. Like, I was still waiting for them to make good on that "We're sorry, let us fix the mistake we made" post they dropped post-Ultimates and actually make Blue Marvel bios achievable. But seeing how they never bothered retuning the Strange epic quest after the Wolverine one, much later, was so much better constructed just made me realize these dudes hate me personally and want me to destroy myself.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I still have a lot of fun playing this game tbh

I decided not to buy BP or anything since I'm not gonna buy (and hence can't mythic) the other two unis.

I'm gonna save for Adam Warlock... does anyone know how good he is? Or what he is good for? Or anything really

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Wtf I just noticed there was one of those Alliance Shop events up.

I even went back through the announcements and I didn't see anything?? drat I like buying those hidden tickets

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It seems the Black Panther Extreme package is now 3300 crystals rather than 5500? That looks pretty good I guess?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nilbop posted:

I started both at the same time and finished the Wolverine quest a month ago. I hated both of them but my jaw absolutely hit the goddamn floor when the Strange quest asked me to 5-star loving Clea.

This was directly after the bullshit with "collect 5 billion pieces of rank 6 dark matter."

Around the same time that I got to her the Black Panther patch dropped and I just deleted the app in disgust at the absurd monetization going on. Like, I was still waiting for them to make good on that "We're sorry, let us fix the mistake we made" post they dropped post-Ultimates and actually make Blue Marvel bios achievable. But seeing how they never bothered retuning the Strange epic quest after the Wolverine one, much later, was so much better constructed just made me realize these dudes hate me personally and want me to destroy myself.

Yea, I think I ended up using the daily bios for Clea to get past that. Because gently caress running those missions and hoping she shows up and you can get 1 bio. Didn't it ask for like 10 of the highest ranked Dark Matter? I remember that being a huge amount of bullshit.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Dravs posted:

It seems the Black Panther Extreme package is now 3300 crystals rather than 5500? That looks pretty good I guess?

It's good if a) you actually plan on fulfilling the requirements to get the rest of the rewards, which requires going mythic on non-BP costumes, or b) BP is your favorite character ever and/or husbando

Otherwise I guess ask yourself if a relatively mediocre costume + T2 ticket is worth roughly $30 in crystals

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I think I ended up using the daily bios for Clea to get past that. Because gently caress running those missions and hoping she shows up and you can get 1 bio. Didn't it ask for like 10 of the highest ranked Dark Matter? I remember that being a huge amount of bullshit.

Luckily the thread had told me about the Clea requirement ahead of time so I stashed a 5* ticket for her. They seem to come along often enough that you should just mark it for her if you're trying to get Strange. Like we seem to get one every time they have a maintenance/update blackout.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Dravs posted:

Did the refund come through already?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kegslayer posted:

Did the refund come through already?

Are they refunding us that bought it at the original price?

STAC Goat posted:

Luckily the thread had told me about the Clea requirement ahead of time so I stashed a 5* ticket for her. They seem to come along often enough that you should just mark it for her if you're trying to get Strange. Like we seem to get one every time they have a maintenance/update blackout.

Yea, but i am dumb and never save them. Well, at the time, now I do. Helped to get Luna up faster.

My current T2 ticket usage is Quasar-Mantis-Luna, assuming I have Luna ready to be t2'd by the end of next month, or if i have it done before the end of the movie, she'll get the end of month ticket used on her.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
The other day I realized I was really close to T2’ing Iron Man, so I did the 3 days of grinding and got him there, but he seems... really bad? Even at T2 his damage seems pretty anemic, and he has the toughness of a wet paper bag. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, sort of same question with Red Hulk - I’ve got his gears and skills maxed out (though not T2 yet), and he doesn’t seem to have much survivability and doesn’t dish out enough damage. Does he need his unit to shine? Is it just because he’s not T2 yet?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Russad posted:

The other day I realized I was really close to T2’ing Iron Man, so I did the 3 days of grinding and got him there, but he seems... really bad? Even at T2 his damage seems pretty anemic, and he has the toughness of a wet paper bag. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, sort of same question with Red Hulk - I’ve got his gears and skills maxed out (though not T2 yet), and he doesn’t seem to have much survivability and doesn’t dish out enough damage. Does he need his unit to shine? Is it just because he’s not T2 yet?

Iron Man is trash but I'd give good odds that he gets an Infinity Wars uni that makes him way better.

Red Hulk is 1000x better with his uni, it gives him a massive heal and a invincible on his 3 plus more damage in general. I use him at T1 to clear plenty of sub-20 SL stages solo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can solo a Combat Rumble into the early teens with T2 Iron Man. Key is hitting the 3 invincibility as often as possible. It has a fast enough cooldown that I can basically go 3-5-3-4-3-2 etc. If you time it right it works. If you mess up the timing it can get you caught and killed quick, though. I also usually give him an energy boost leadership. I don't even have his best uniform, I don't think. Using the Age of Ultron one.

Red Hulk on the other hand I still just can't get down. His leadership always ends up being what I use him for to beef up a Ghost Rider or Hellstorm.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Iron Man is solidly OK with his newest uniform. His damage is a little above average and he has 3 iframes and a guard hit.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

It's good if a) you actually plan on fulfilling the requirements to get the rest of the rewards, which requires going mythic on non-BP costumes, or b) BP is your favorite character ever and/or husbando

Otherwise I guess ask yourself if a relatively mediocre costume + T2 ticket is worth roughly $30 in crystals

its more like 6 bucks isnt it? stark stash is the real price of crystals

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Dravs posted:

If you were to buy them directly from the store how much is 3300 crystals?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Roughly $30 but you can get some bonus stuff along with it. Or like $5 something (1.5 months worth) if you just buy the Stark's Stash which is 75/day for $3.50 a month and a way better deal than anything else you can get in this game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Nilbop posted:

I mean the strange quest used to let you run the dudes 10 times each instead of 3 which was more chances at clea. And it’s recommended to use tickets on her which are thrown at you if you don’t waste them. I don’t see it being that bad. But I guess fygm since I did it when it was current and a tad easier.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Cinara posted:

Roughly $30 but you can get some bonus stuff along with it. Or like $5 something (1.5 months worth) if you just buy the Stark's Stash which is 75/day for $3.50 a month and a way better deal than anything else you can get in this game.

even cheaper if you do google rewards

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

protip for new players: if you don't have 15 6*'s then you can start a world boss raid and lose it (or quit out) and it'll count as a try for the event but won't stop you from using the same people again. Just don't beat the boss.

also the reward in the event shop is another rank 6 uni ticket, NOT a mega-6 despite it showing a mega-6 in the splash screen.

E: I just realised I'm going to (naturally) T2 Clea tomorrow. I've been doing these dark dimensions for a while. :f5:

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 13, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My daily challenges threw a "participate in World Boss Ultimate" at me yesterday for the first time so I gave it a run and finally got a win in that thing (I've only tried a dozen times or so but I've never come close before). It took a few tries to get down Dwarf's timing and figure out the strategy but Magneto, Phoenix, and Cable pulled it off.

Then I tried Phase 2. Sheesh.

NmareBfly posted:

E: I just realised I'm going to (naturally) T2 Clea tomorrow. I've been doing these dark dimensions for a while. :f5:

I 4/20ed her a couple of weeks ago. I figure by the time I'm done naturally T2ing all the early story people Clea will probably be close to ready. But I also have Ancient One, Mordo, Wong, and Kaecilius all sitting on 150 bios so I'm pretty much going to be naturally backlogged on Strange's friends to naturally T2 forever whenever I have a ton of chaos stones and nothing to do with them.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 13, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
From what I can tell only Wong from the Strange batch of characters isn't worth working on?

Also, holy poo poo i'm going to be able to t2 quasar and mantis and luna in a decent amount of time. Well, assuming I can get Luna maxed out to t2 her at the end of the month with the monthly T2 ticket. I'm thinking for the next one either Skurge or Kraven.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I have Proxima Midnight. Is she worth the effort to level up? Because she demands crazy resources. I'm tempted to blow forty bucks on the drat mega-6 stuff being offered, along with the crystals that would mean I could unlock Magneto a lot more quickly.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Proxima isn't as good as she used to be, she's squishy. I use her and Loki separately to take down the universal villain destroyer stages in shadowlands, and don't tend to use her elsewhere.

Quicksilver will be hard at first but once you are past the black antimatter requirements for wolverines and Dr strange I'd focus on him. He's pretty great and costs the same as proxima to max out. The other good native t2s like Thanos and Jean cost quite a bit more but are worth it when you get them.

I can't remember from your previous posts, do you have Sharon Rogers? If not she'd be a good choice for a mega t2 or even just getting a bunch of bios to t2 her the hard way as she is great at all content she can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Proxima isn't as good as she used to be, she's squishy. I use her and Loki separately to take down the universal villain destroyer stages in shadowlands, and don't tend to use her elsewhere.

Quicksilver will be hard at first but once you are past the black antimatter requirements for wolverines and Dr strange I'd focus on him. He's pretty great and costs the same as proxima to max out. The other good native t2s like Thanos and Jean cost quite a bit more but are worth it when you get them.

I can't remember from your previous posts, do you have Sharon Rogers? If not she'd be a good choice for a mega t2 or even just getting a bunch of bios to t2 her the hard way as she is great at all content she can do.

I have Sharon Rogers at 6 stars, but only 2 mastery and at Level 50.

I'm at the Kaelicius To 4* task on Strange, and the 1000 M'Kraan Crystals on X-Men, hitting at that 2-a-day Magneto fight. I've just T2-ticketed Rogue, and I have 3 of those left. Debating on saving them for the other three X-Men on the way to Jean Grey.

Spidey 2099 and Ant-Man are able to beat Thanos in World Boss, but I'm about 3 days away from unlocking the Quicksilver task.

I've gotten as far as Shadowland Level 9. I have 7 T2ers filled out, with Strange, Wolverine and Proxima 2* as my other T2ers. I'm struggling to keep enough gold and dimension rifts to level everyone's gear up - I have 9 other characters at Level 60 with full mastery waiting to bump up, plus Songbird at 57 and Quake at 56 at 5* mastery. Just got Rhino to 6*, no mastery. Luna Snow at 5* mastery, but I've been diverting my paywall 20 bios to Killmonger because I can't believe there is a playable Killmonger in a video game and I'm a Black Panther nerd. Haven't gone so far as to get the costumes yet, though.

I do have Agent Venom, Clea, and Valkyrie at 1-star, which feels like where I'd want to go with a mega ticket to maximize it. But maybe Quicksilver would be better for it.