Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
No, seriously, put poo poo like that in a spoiler block; it's gross as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I started FFX-2. It is extremely charming and I enjoy playing dressup with weapons but goddamn would it be one of those games that's just awkward to explain to someone walking in on you.

So far I really like it, though.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Rand Brittain posted:

Lalafell player spotted.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Rand Brittain posted:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rand Brittain posted:

But enough about your posts.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Saint Freak posted:

But enough about your posts.

There's existing technology that can hide my posts, but hiding horrible things full of holes requires work on everybody else's part.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

tfw your bros want to go on a road trip but you're still recovering from facial reconstruction surgery

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah but you know what else is full of holes?

My heart after witnessing Vivi’s tragic story.

Also whatever inanimate object Edgar’s trying to gently caress this moment.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

New season of preacher lookin good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cavelcade posted:

I started FFX-2. It is extremely charming and I enjoy playing dressup with weapons but goddamn would it be one of those games that's just awkward to explain to someone walking in on you.

Actually you'll find that FFX-2 is simply about friendship and really being there for your girls when it counts, which is why the entire party is dressed in prickly boob armor right now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Does FFXII have a gambit that tells your teammates not to walk directly into traps that you've revealed with libra. That would be a good gambit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Does FFXII have a gambit that tells your teammates not to walk directly into traps that you've revealed with libra. That would be a good gambit

Ally: Any > Float

or just take them out of your party for a few.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ally: Any > Float

or just take them out of your party for a few.

It's better than nothing but it's a little annoying that you have to babysit them. It's an older game, I'll live

Also, this is embarrassing, but I reached the point where I quit this game forever when I played it at launch. I was traversing a desert when I got one-shot by what at the time seemed to me like a random monster and said "this game sucks" and took a break that lasted for years. I found it again, and it turns out it is the Salamand Entite, a level 45 non-hostile mob with lots of buffs that the game is clearly putting up lots of "don't piss off this giant fireball" signs around. Googling it now, I can see that I was absolutely meant to just walk around this lil' guy and enjoy my easy cruise through the rest of the game and come back later if I want to bang my head against the wall on an optional boss

I was....not an attentive young man

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Entites also turn hostile if you cast magic around them, so it's possible you did so inadvertently around one.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
My only good memory of ff12 is walking thru the beginner plains, seeing the Trex, freaking out cuz I didn't notice it was friendly, attacking it and then having to run back to the city with it chasing me bc it one shot everyone else in my party

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Entites also turn hostile if you cast magic around them, so it's possible you did so inadvertently around one.

AKA "huh, my two other party members aren't here. And they just died. I wonder if-- yup, time to haul rear end to a zoneline with only one person out at a time." One tends to first encounter that either in the sandsea or Giza-rains.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In the original game it was quite possible to go an hour or so without seeing a save point too

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This is the first final fantasy game I haven't emulated and man these games suck without being able to just quit whenever you want with direct resume.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/963684430937251842

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

One of those images will make certain fans a bit peeved/sad....

That poster in Cindy's truck is great.
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/963731431066361856

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah, it's the implied CindyxPrompto ship. Prompto deserves to be alone, he's a manufactured human, he has no real claim to love.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Gologle posted:

Yeah, it's the implied CindyxPrompto ship. Prompto deserves to be alone, he's a manufactured human, he has no real claim to love.

gently caress you! :mad:

And gently caress canon. That pic of Lunafreya and Noctis is sweet and awesome and made me smile.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Lunafreya goes on to lead a very happy life with Noctis.

Up until the day she finds what she thinks is a blitzball and kicks it.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Gologle posted:

Nah, it's Gladio and Cor. You just know that thirty seconds before that picture was taken, they were having a domestic argument about who should do the laundry after a long day of saving the kingdom.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Cavelcade posted:

It's really unfortunate that YRP aren't in their equipped dresspheres during cutscenes.

Gun Mage/Psychic/Black Mage is a pro party comp in terms of outfits btw

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

gigglefeimer posted:

It's really unfortunate that YRP aren't in their equipped dresspheres during cutscenes.

Black Mage Yuna, Dark Knight Paine, Gun Mage Rikku so fashionable, so good.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

gigglefeimer posted:

Anybody that doesn't find themselves spontaneously singing YuRiPa Battle 1 at random times has no soul, and is therefore Prompto. :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm assuming this is in reference to the Nechrohol. poo poo is awful. Buy the accessory that makes you immune to traps, take out your other 2 party members to get around the nasty corners and the entrance.

I love that the camera shot of Noct and Luna is a chibi version of them :3:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Luna looks like she has actual character in that photo

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm calling it, Cor is Gladio's 'fiance'.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
And people didn't believe me when I said Gladio was gay, smh.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Noctis & Luna
Prompto & Cindy
Gladio & Cor
Ignis & A recipe that he definitely did not steal
Aranea & Reader Fanfic Content Warning 18+

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wait maybe Ignis and Y'shtola since they have so much in common.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I know people complained about FF15 having floaty mechanics but this is something else! :eyepop:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Saint Freak posted:

Wait maybe Ignis and Y'shtola since they have so much in common.

Did Stormblood confirm that she went blind?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

seiferguy posted:

She basically sits out for most of the story, so her situation hasn't changed. Heavensward was her time in the sun.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

seiferguy posted:

HW confirmed that like 4 cutscenes after she got back!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yeah in terms of Scions Stormblood is just the Lyse and Alisaie Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Alphinaud gets a decent chunk, too.