Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I kinda love Eaqub because he's the only keynsian economist to get any airtime in an otherwise neoliberal field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

Kinda grainy and maybe already posted but a goodie

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I don't pretend to understand the psyche of Middle New Zealand but isn't Collins widely perceived as loathesome and corrupt?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

As ever, answers can be found in stuff comments:

quote:

Collins please... she'll eat Cindy for breakfast. Substance over style. Remember Collins has been an effective MP ( not called crusher for nothing) whereas Cindy has never been effective even in opposition.

quote:

I am not a fan of women having positions just because they are women, however Helen Clarke walked all over the opposition and got away with more than she should have (she knew this) because she was a woman and the Nats respected that.
The Nats need a female leader so that she doesn't get pressured about picking on Jacinda and they are on an even keel. This should not be necessary but unfortunately it looks like it is.

quote:

Bennet and Collins would be the best, with Joyce retaining finance, and Coleman health. Todd Berkley should be bought back and given a leading role as well. This would be the dream team as far as the coalition would be concerned. LOL

Most of them aren't sold on the idea though. I'll take my eye bleach now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, Helen "Lesbian Child-Hating Harridan" Clark sure was treated with kid gloves due to being a lady.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I wonder if the Nats are thinking someone more Trumpy for leader will work. Because LOL if so.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The way I see it they'll either try to out-jacinda jacinda or, more likely, go full Trump as their voters get older and more racist. Either option works for me.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Afaik for green leader chat JAG is probably the most economically right leaning green mp, so I guess if you don't want left-wing econ represented by any party leader except Winston (lol) vote for JAG

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

I wonder if the Nats are thinking someone more Trumpy for leader will work. Because LOL if so.

An uncultured, dishonest, rich rear end in a top hat that harasses women? Kiwis would never go for it.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Isn't JAG the 'bike tory'?

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

my bias/ personal story about affinity for JAG

So when I was living in Dunedin and a student, around like my 5th year of being there, there were a couple of campus politicos who were running a local politics tv or radio show. The thing was that it was run by young nats and intentionally or unintentionally skewed. I can remember one of their names but anyways.

Anyways JAG emailed the Greens group about anyone that wanted to meet for a coffee and chat before she was going to go on this show. I answered. I recall talking with her about the shared experience of being an American New Zealander and she was frank about how most were motivated by distrust of the USA OR very wealthy 'expats' who basically didn't have our interests or goals usually. I also warned her about the potential political biases of the show she was going on and she thanked me.

Dont take it for granted how accessible MP's are in New Zealand generally~

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Julie is cool but definitely on the right of the party

Amy Adams is scarier than Judith imo

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I like them both, but do have a personal philosophy that power and leadership should only go to those who don't want such a position. So I'd probably vote Marama (if it wasn't a delegate based thing)

And yeah there's not much JAG brings to the table that isn't already covered by James.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I like JAG, I gained a lot of respect for her in the way she dealt with all the poo poo that went down with/around Metiria during the election. I actually don't think it's very fair to call her a bike tory, I just like Marama Davidson more.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Oh yeah I mean, I love JAG to bits and would rather her as co-leader, it's just that it's not a great idea strategically. If James were further left and less corporate, she'd be the easy #1 pick right now. As-is, the risk of alienating a significant portion of the voting base is just too big.

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

Just as a side note, for the first time in my life this year I am paying (to me at least) a significant chunk of taxes.

I wish it was to the NZ Govt because I couldn't have done it and got back on my feet if it wasn't for the time I was on the benefit and mainly receiving public healthcare. I really hope to return and pay back the favor someday

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/edmuzik/status/963496787125284864

i could see her splitting from national tbh (though not to ACT)

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
What is the "Cindy" thing I'm seeing a lot of for Arden? Is it as simple as "make the prime minister seem childish" or is there something I'm not aware of?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
taxcinda

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
His sin is beyond the grace of God.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Again, what in the actual gently caress is wrong with people?

Herald posted:

Tauranga City Council is starting the "your help may harm" programme after an incident in Greerton on Thursday evening where a fight broke out and shop windows were broken.

Some blamed the incident on beggars or homeless people.

However, police now say the person allegedly responsible for smashing the windows in Greerton was neither a beggar nor homeless.

The council's community services manager, Phillip King, told a council committee meeting yesterday that beggars were here because people were willing to give them money.

"The tap needs to be turned off."

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
The end goal is to put all broke/poors in jail so this makes complete sense. We can't afford real social programs but it's fine to foot the bill for extended periods in prison.

quote:

It would include signage, and a 0800 number people could call for information about services available to homeless or hungry people.

:rolleyes:

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Is the 0800 number just a recording of someone saying “Nothing” over and over again? Or a recording of a Margaret Thatcher speech on the virtues of bootstraps?

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Tbf this was at the RNZ office in parliament.

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

I'm not fully sold yet on the coalition but this level of style and cool is astronomical compared to Bill English or any other candidate for PM

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Looks like TVNZ is finally investing some real production values into local dramas.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Having a good looking PM is really breaking my brain I gotta admit. Stupid monkey brain overriding my inherent distrust of authority.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time she smiles that set of teeth is glorious.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/101481056/act-leader-david-seymour-to-perform-on-dancing-with-the-stars

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Slavvy posted:

Having a good looking PM is really breaking my brain I gotta admit. Stupid monkey brain overriding my inherent distrust of authority.

Just hoping she doesn't reach Trudeau levels. Guy started off well, but...

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i reckon seymour has less upper body strength than hide, so his partner is gonna get extremely dropped

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

This may be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

sebmojo posted:

Are there any designers in the thread?

The privacy commissioners office has a logo competition with a $3500 prize, closes mid Feb. I'd be pumped if a goon got it.

If anyone is interested in seeing what people came up with for this, here you go.

Sadly no laser kiwi.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

spanky the dolphin posted:

If anyone is interested in seeing what people came up with for this, here you go.

Sadly no laser kiwi.

obvious best pick

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

spanky the dolphin posted:

Sadly no laser kiwi.
Wifi landscape kiwi is close enough for me

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

obvious best pick

Although I'm not crazy on the text font, its hands down the best logo out of all of them.

Some of those look like they were made in paint or using clipart from Microsoft office or something.

:cripes:

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 16, 2018

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Things like this really give an insight into why the political class mostly think of the public as drooling idiots.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dragonstoned posted:

Although I'm not crazy on the text font, its hands down the best logo out of all of them.

Some of those look like they were made in paint or using clipart from Microsoft office or something.

:cripes:

yeah the font is a little "armoured car" but the logo is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Im feeling pretty good about my own design work after looking at those

• Locked thread