Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

The Dowager Temptress

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

simplefish posted:

ok but like what if I like good business deals but also really like special k?

Keep the best stuff and snort it in private celebration after?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I was giving a new (Chinese) student a tour of our library today when she asked if we had any Chinese books. Fair question, but unfortunately, we don't.

The kid was fine with this. The mother was not. We had "hurt the feelings of [our] Chinese students."

"Have you spoken to the other Chinese families?"

"No, but--"

I just started handing them all the books that our other Chinese kids had checked out recently and very perkily talking to her while using a normal tone with the nice daughter. Mainland Mom pursed her baboon butt lips and snuggled further into her fur.

At the end, the daughter had picked out three books to borrow and the mother was suddenly fine with there being no Chinese books because "my daughter will practice English more now," but it was a pretty abrupt switch and I giggled.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Haier, don't reveal any info. People on this site will try to doxx her and it's never worth it.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

angel opportunity posted:

Haier, don't reveal any info. People on this site will try to doxx her and it's never worth it.

Haier, do the opposite of everything this man just said

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Yeah, this, also the suspense is always going to be better than the reality.

Unless she’s literally Yingluck, in which case god-loving-speed

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

P-Mack posted:

Rich lady buys chaoshan girl's village and he has to manage it while keeping them apart in a comical series of escapades that culminates with them both inviting him to the same fancy dinner party (the food is too oily and he shits himself).

Chinese Fraiser adaptation looking good

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah, this, also the suspense is always going to be better than the reality.

I dunno who this is but I'm going to assume Haier's pupils suddenly dilated.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Former prime minister who was deposed in the most recent coup. Her brother is also a former prime minister, and he lives in exile because he was convicted of corruption back home. They led one of the biggest political factions in Thailand, and things were getting violent when the army stepped in.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
They aren't ethnically Chinese though, I don't think?

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

webmeister posted:

They literally have Chinese names.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Lol if you think a billionaire gives a flying gently caress about posters on Something Awful finding out who she is

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Agreed.

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I was giving a new (Chinese) student a tour of our library today when she asked if we had any Chinese books. Fair question, but unfortunately, we don't.

The kid was fine with this. The mother was not. We had "hurt the feelings of [our] Chinese students."

Where do you teach now? I thought you were out of Asia these days, which makes me wonder if Chinese nationalists think it's a good idea to make these kinds of demands outside of China. Got anymore attempts about "hurt feelings" at your school?

edit:

LimburgLimbo posted:

Lol if you think a billionaire gives a flying gently caress about posters on Something Awful finding out who she is

The real problem is that lady would have Haier killed, which sucks because we'd have no more stories and Chaoshan Girl will lose her chance to escape and be happy.

CIGNX fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 14, 2018

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

P-Mack posted:

Rich lady buys chaoshan girl's village and he has to manage it while keeping them apart in a comical series of escapades that culminates with them both inviting him to the same fancy dinner party (the food is too oily and he shits himself).

飛行的雪茄

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
The problem would be they send her links and Screencaps from the thread showing her what Haier said. I had a few people try to doxx me before and people give way less of a poo poo about me than Haier

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

webmeister posted:

They’re Thai-Chinese.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The problem would be they send her links and Screencaps from the thread showing her what Haier said. I had a few people try to doxx me before and people give way less of a poo poo about me than Haier

Pfft Haier can just claim its coming from butt hurt Chinese men mad that she is dating the PlungeMan and she probably just nod sagely.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
quick everyone post a bunch of no whys so it looks like we’re a chinese dead gay forum

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s not Yingluck though because she’s in exile after fleeing the country ahead of the junta’s arrest warrant, hanging out in the Middle East or Hong Kong or Singapore or (apparently) Beijing, recently.

Pokemon OH SNAP!
Oct 17, 2004

Escape Addict posted:

How does one maintain their composure in a ketamine-fueled business meeting? Like, could you take uppers to make yourself less tranquilized to give yourself an edge in negotiation? Do dissociatives work that way? Can a person be hopped up on amphetamines and still get K-holed? Is getting K-holed together the point of the gathering?

Mad Men business deals on ketamine is such an odd scene. Have any of you expat goons had to do ketamine with business men for your job? How would you navigate that challenge if you had to do it? Just snort it and hope for the best? Do pro negotiators have ketamine strategies?

Like it's a common social skill to be able to handle yourself under the influence of alcohol, and similarly, the difference between a n00b stoner and veteran is how well they can avoid paranoid freakouts. I imagine in the 80's, doing coke socially was something you had to know how to do. Ketamine's a weird drug, so I'm struggling to imagine what these meetings are like.

I don't have ketamine stories but at my old job we sold a lot of industrial equipment to China. Typically we would do a bunch of ground work to get a solid up front estimate and then send sales, the project manager and the lead engineer over. They'd have a meeting where they went over the plans and any terms that came up in bidding. Then they'd go out to a fancy bar and pay for the Chinese execs to get so hammered they were barely coherent. Once they were sloshed the sales guys would knock a little off the quote and the customer would sign the papers and think they got a great deal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Escape Addict posted:

How does one maintain their composure in a ketamine-fueled business meeting? Like, could you take uppers to make yourself less tranquilized to give yourself an edge in negotiation? Do dissociatives work that way? Can a person be hopped up on amphetamines and still get K-holed? Is getting K-holed together the point of the gathering?

Mad Men business deals on ketamine is such an odd scene. Have any of you expat goons had to do ketamine with business men for your job? How would you navigate that challenge if you had to do it? Just snort it and hope for the best? Do pro negotiators have ketamine strategies?

Like it's a common social skill to be able to handle yourself under the influence of alcohol, and similarly, the difference between a n00b stoner and veteran is how well they can avoid paranoid freakouts. I imagine in the 80's, doing coke socially was something you had to know how to do. Ketamine's a weird drug, so I'm struggling to imagine what these meetings are like.

depends how much you take and your tolerance. don't think of it as a tranquilizer because its absolutely not. a real small amount to someone who's never taken it can be a bit like being drunk and stoned at the same time and manageable before poo poo goes south. a real small amount in this case being like a small amount on the end of a key. taking uppers with it at a music festival i was able to walk and talk, no idea on whether or not i was just slurring everything to such an extent i was incomprehensible, with everyone but was functionally blind at the same time because i couldn't see poo poo it was all such a mess so had to be directed when we turned a corner or whatever lol. it wears off pretty quick though

makes me physically sick almost every time and its been about 10 years since i last took it and i was hosed up so my memory is probably really bad

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://i.imgur.com/Di5K2ik.mp4

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Jose posted:

depends how much you take and your tolerance. don't think of it as a tranquilizer because its absolutely not. a real small amount to someone who's never taken it can be a bit like being drunk and stoned at the same time and manageable before poo poo goes south. a real small amount in this case being like a small amount on the end of a key. taking uppers with it at a music festival i was able to walk and talk, no idea on whether or not i was just slurring everything to such an extent i was incomprehensible, with everyone but was functionally blind at the same time because i couldn't see poo poo it was all such a mess so had to be directed when we turned a corner or whatever lol. it wears off pretty quick though

makes me physically sick almost every time and its been about 10 years since i last took it and i was hosed up so my memory is probably really bad

counterpoint: took a dose intravenously with a large group in a room full of sofas and cushions and watched physical reality disappear into 3 dimensional geometric no-zone and thought "welp, i have died; i am no longer". then came back to my body and present and just laid there quietly for a half hour.

I think I would doubtfully be capable of doing any kind of business in that state.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it tastes really loving bad as well. like its hard to explain just how awful it is as it drips down the back of your throat

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Jose posted:

it tastes really loving bad as well. like its hard to explain just how awful it is as it drips down the back of your throat

rizla bomb it?

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Pound_Coin posted:

Chinese Fraiser adaptation looking good

"Baby I hear the loos a callin', gutter salad and piss-boy eggs... It's calling again!"

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

PhotoKirk posted:

"Baby I hear the loos a callin', gutter salad and piss-boy eggs... It's calling again!"

I was trying to think of more chinese fraiser jokes and poo poo, you know classic farce caused by people refusing to admit they dont know something, ending in wacky misadventures...then I realised.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

This sport owns.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

augias posted:

counterpoint: took a dose intravenously with a large group in a room full of sofas and cushions and watched physical reality disappear into 3 dimensional geometric no-zone and thought "welp, i have died; i am no longer". then came back to my body and present and just laid there quietly for a half hour.

I think I would doubtfully be capable of doing any kind of business in that state.

ha ha yeah shooting K is hilarious. You do it and you're basically immediately very very confused and sedated.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Did several times already. It's really funny to me because she used every flirt attempt in the playbook, and they were so obvious that I actually did my best to pretend I didn't notice. I'm not talking like pulling a titty out and asking if I want a snack, but stuff like "Oh, your shoulders are tense, you need a massage. Do you work out?" (she actually said this). "You can sleep in the guest room and use the guest shower if you want, or use my shower and sleep in my bed. I promise I will put a pillow between us!" "I haven't had anyone hug me in a long time, sometimes I feel like I forgot what a good hug feels like."

She threw out like 50 of these kinds of sentences on our first meeting and to each one I would play dumb or say something stupid like "You have so many pillows, why not try hugging one? Have you considered getting a pet?" I was actively ignoring the hints the entire day just see what she would do. She said had a veeery sore muscle right above her breast, under the collar bone, and didn't know how to loosen it up. I told her she watches too much TV sitting sideways and she needs to focus on her health. When I was eventually laying in her bed, fully clothed with the covers over me and she's saying she's too hot and might have to sleep naked, I told her she was acting very inappropriate for our friendship level. It owned for how butthurt she got. I told her I was going to give her a kiss goodnight and she closed her eyes and then pecked her forehead. The look on her face. I trolled her until about 2am when I was sleepy enough to let my guard down and stop negging her.

She later asked me why I was so shy and why am I so simple that I can't see when a woman is trying to get my attention. I told her that's what she signed up for when she met me because i am a shy guy, and I don't do dick pics or dirty talk. She believes it.

Escape Addict posted:

Her experience is that instead of just getting raging drunk together to seal the deal, they get all weird on K because that only makes the party better for them. Go eat a big meal at somebody's expense, get taken to somewhere else (KTV or a private club room), people start drinking and chatting like they're not making a business deal, some people start gambling, some people start hitting the drugs. It's just part of the party mood, and they see no wrong in using whatever drugs they have in front of each other because everyone is usually into or on something.
She said she would usually drink one cocktail, then soda in a glass to pretend she was drinking something else, then have a girly cigarette, then leave, and let the representatives of her team stay. She said the ketamine was usually smoked. Ketamine is like the number one drug for rich people in China.

The way she described the rich people and business parties was the same way you'd imagine a club party in Miami would be in the late 1980s. Everyone is doing stuff out in the open, it's normal. It's just that most of the rich business people doing it in China are often really old.

I realized this.

Pirate Radar posted:

Would. All I would ask is for in return for my services is for her to buy me one of those Thai Elite Tourist visas that cost $12k USD. She's only 50, that's not that bad.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"Have you spoken to the other Chinese families?"

"No, but--"

I just started handing them all the books that our other Chinese kids had checked out recently and very perkily talking to her while using a normal tone with the nice daughter. Mainland Mom pursed her baboon butt lips and snuggled further into her fur.

At the end, the daughter had picked out three books to borrow and the mother was suddenly fine with there being no Chinese books because "my daughter will practice English more now," but it was a pretty abrupt switch and I giggled.
I am confused how old this student is, because this could anything from 6 to 24 and would not change anything in this story.

Pound_Coin posted:

I was trying to think of more chinese fraiser jokes and poo poo, you know classic farce caused by people refusing to admit they dont know something, ending in wacky misadventures...then I realised.
Episode 113: Martin takes Eddie a for cross-country trip and stops in Yulin, Guangxi, during the Summer Solstice. A whole bunch of wackiness ensues as Marty tries to tries to get Eddie back before he gets deep fried! Niles buys an expensive qipao from a tailor and finds out it's a one-size-fits-most retail qipao that's not even made of silk. Fraiser confronts Roz about the spot on her lip that might be more than a heat imbalance, and asks her to bring her own hot water cup to work. Bulldog slips up and reveals on-air about his mistress, but nobody notices except Frasier, who is jealous that Bulldog gained more face with his audience.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

does she have a sister interested in the mod of the most troll free forums on the internet?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bajaj posted:

Did several times already. It's really funny to me because she used every flirt attempt in the playbook, and they were so obvious that I actually did my best to pretend I didn't notice. I'm not talking like pulling a titty out and asking if I want a snack, but stuff like "Oh, your shoulders are tense, you need a massage. Do you work out?" (she actually said this). "You can sleep in the guest room and use the guest shower if you want, or use my shower and sleep in my bed. I promise I will put a pillow between us!" "I haven't had anyone hug me in a long time, sometimes I feel like I forgot what a good hug feels like."

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD/status/963802722582581249

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

I thought it was kind of relevant for this thread.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
https://gfycat.com/InexperiencedQualifiedAmericanrobin

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i was going to make another comment about how everyone in china immediately goes boneless upon any trauma and then i watched it again and realized YEAAAHHHHH that was a brick upside the head i'm pretty sure i'd be all 'blarg im ded' after that too

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Bajaj posted:

I am confused how old this student is, because this could anything from 6 to 24 and would not change anything in this story.

Episode 113: Martin takes Eddie a for cross-country trip and stops in Yulin, Guangxi, during the Summer Solstice. A whole bunch of wackiness ensues as Marty tries to tries to get Eddie back before he gets deep fried! Niles buys an expensive qipao from a tailor and finds out it's a one-size-fits-most retail qipao that's not even made of silk. Fraiser confronts Roz about the spot on her lip that might be more than a heat imbalance, and asks her to bring her own hot water cup to work. Bulldog slips up and reveals on-air about his mistress, but nobody notices except Frasier, who is jealous that Bulldog gained more face with his audience.

She was in third grade.

And I would really enjoy this episode of Frasier.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
There's some serious hypocrisy about posting this after I whined several times about all the "person gets hurt/killed but in a hilarious way" posts but fucks sake hahahahahahaha

^ warning, contains physical violence and a possibly serious head injury but ahahahahahahahaha

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 14, 2018

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
And many butts were hurt

quote:

U.S. intelligence agencies issued a stern warning to Americans: Do not buy smartphones made by Chinese tech companies Huawei or ZTE.

Top officials from the CIA, NSA, FBI and the Defense Intelligence Agency testified in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee that the Chinese smartphone makers posed a security threat to American customers.

Republican Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas asked the group to raise their hands if they would recommend private American citizens use products or services made by Apple competitor Huawei or smartphone maker ZTE. None of them did.

FBI Director Chris Wray explained why it is an issue for companies and local governments to use Huawei or ZTE products and services.

There is a risk of letting any company "beholden to foreign governments" inside the country's telecommunications infrastructure, he said. Huawei is a global leader in networking equipment, and the government has previously blocked it from selling technology to some federal agencies.

"It provides the capacity to maliciously modify or steal information," Wray said. "And it provides the capacity to conduct undetected espionage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Mimesweeper posted:

There's some serious hypocrisy about posting this after I whined several times about all the "person gets hurt/killed but in a hilarious way" posts but fucks sake hahahahahahaha

^ warning, contains physical violence and a possibly serious head injury but ahahahahahahahaha

Wow, I've never seen anything like that ever before especially not when I posted it two posts above you.

• Locked thread