Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Payndz posted:

It's not Luke. It's some random snowspeeder pilot who kamikazes into the AT-AT. (It's in the novelisation, and I always wondered why the film didn't include it.)

Yeah, you're right. I was half watching it earlier and didn't pick up on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQEiNJnkQAw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SimonCat posted:

Rian Johnson knew what he was doing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Today I imagined what it have been like if Charles Bronson had been cast as Obiwan Kenobi and became sad.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Today I imagined what it have been like if Charles Bronson had been cast as Obiwan Kenobi and became sad.

"Use the Force, dummy!"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The art in The Storms of Crait feels like a step up from what's in the main series
Or maybe I'm artblind and it's bad as the rest, if not even worse

I'm guessing that Han is based off the Solo actor which is why it looks nothing like Harrison Ford?
Well, if nothing else, at least the stories are interesting even if the art is not

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You don't see Harrison Ford in that picture?

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
To my eye, those look like either tracings or Photoshop filters from the movies.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

The art in The Storms of Crait feels like a step up from what's in the main series
Or maybe I'm artblind and it's bad as the rest, if not even worse

I'm guessing that Han is based off the Solo actor which is why it looks nothing like Harrison Ford?
Well, if nothing else, at least the stories are interesting even if the art is not

That Han is a direct tracing from ANH. The scene where he is saying he doesn't believe in religion or whatever

Seriously. GIS "Han Solo hokey religion" and it's like the tenth image.

UmOk fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 12, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

UmOk posted:

That Han is a direct tracing from ANH. The scene where he is saying he doesn't believe in religion or whatever

Seriously. GIS "Han Solo hokey religion" and it's like the tenth image.

Good catch

Christ, I miss having actual drawn characters instead of "Let's use the same six faces for each character" they've got going on now
It's why Aphra is so much fun

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving tracer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMwhZryRUr4

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

When that guy has to awkwardly get between Han and Leia in the ice tunnel I wonder what's in his box. Hope the house of thrones guys tackle this first

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Haha that's Casey Affleck in yellow.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rumor: “Star Wars” Games May Ditch EA

quote:

Now a new rumor is circulating suggesting that EA may be on the verge of losing their licensing agreement for “Star Wars” games. Cinelinx reports that Lucasfilm is unhappy with the current arrangement and are allegedly looking at other studios to potentially take over the licensing deal – with feelers out to both Activision and Ubisoft to possibly replace EA.

:pray:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It'd be better if they didn't do exclusive with one studio. Honestly if they remade some of their older games with modern game design elements, I think most fans would be happy. Really just want a new Rogue Squadron and a new Jedi Knight.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

quote:

Now a new rumor is circulating suggesting that EA may be on the verge of losing their licensing agreement for “Star Wars” games. Cinelinx reports that Lucasfilm is unhappy with the current arrangement and are allegedly looking at other studios to potentially take over the licensing deal

quote:

with feelers out to both Activision and Ubisoft to possibly replace EA.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Who else would Disney get to do it? They kneecapped LucasArts.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Penpal posted:

Nintendo, Platinum or FROM Software are the only acceptable choices

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Remember when Star Wars was made by Bioware and not EA. :smith:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

George Lucas should do a Star War game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

euphronius posted:

Before the dark times, before the Empire.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's empires all the way down, buddy.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

euphronius posted:

Apparently Disney is rethinking its exclusivity with EA and has a clause in their contract that would allow them to back out.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

feedmyleg posted:

Apparently Disney is rethinking its exclusivity with EA and has a clause in their contract that would allow them to back out.

Just scroll up a bit...?

I think Bungie circa 2007 could nail a Star Wars game. And with how good Destiny 2 gunfeel is that would be nice... too bad there's no content in that game

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Destiny made it apparent that the only thing Bungie is competent at these days is the shooty parts.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

euphronius posted:

If Bioware made a SW game now it would still be made by EA :troll:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Penpal posted:

The last Star Wars games LucasArts had made before Disney bought Lucasfilm were Lego Star Wars, Kinect Star Wars and Angry Birds Star Wars anyway.

I think the last big Star Wars game they made that had an original narrative was Force Unleased 2 in 2010.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
I'd kill for a Tie Fighter remake with updated controls/game systems, modern graphics and multiplayer w/ online matchmaking.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
A good Star Wars space combat sim is probably the only thing that could get me to buy into VR at this point in the technology's lifecycle.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think Gearbox would fit in nicely with the direction the series seems to be going. :haw:

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
The Elder Scrolls: Star Wars

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pablo Nergigante posted:

None of these devs would pull off a good Star Wars game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Platinum's licensed games under Activision weren't up to Platinum's normal standard of quality. But that's Activision's fault. I'm certain they'd knock a Star Wars game out of the park, given enough budget and time. But I'd rather them do their own thing.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SimonCat posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo that wampa puppet is bad

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Detective No. 27 posted:

Platinum's licensed games under Activision weren't up to Platinum's normal standard of quality. But that's Activision's fault. I'm certain they'd knock a Star Wars game out of the park, given enough budget and time. But I'd rather them do their own thing.

Platinum's also not that good of a dev.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo that wampa puppet is bad

Yeah, in a "I can't believe they kept filming the scene" kind of way. They must have had to show George proof that, "Nope, this scene just isn't going to work."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I imagine the hope was they could make it work through very tight editing and showing as little of the creatures as necessary, but it just wasn't feasible for how involved the scene was.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wrongest post in the world.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

s.i.r.e. posted:

Mods?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tell me a Bayonetta/Revengeance-style character action game with Jedi wouldn't be sick as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A Platinum Jedi lightsaber game would be so obvious. But a Chewbacca beatemup though...