Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

hoiyes posted:

Apparently there's spoiled full text of sfoils?
Closed is: Reduce primary by 1. Gain boost action. White straight manoeuvres are green. May flip at end of combat phase.
Open is: Gain barrel roll action. If you are not stressed, if you reveal a 2 or 3 speed hard turn, you may perform a 3 tallon in that direction. (no stress!!) May flip at end of combat phase.

0 points.

I think that's just someone's estimation of what the text is going to be, it's not confirmed at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

canyoneer posted:

Yeah that sounds suspicious.
It upgrades every x wing to Ello Asty plus vectored thrusters for zero points.

I mean, if the upgrade is T-65 X-wings only, then all of them are still lacking the extra shield, all-times Boost, ability to take Autothrusters, extra green maneuver, and Tech slot.

If you could take them on T-70s yeah it'd obsolete his pilot, but you can't.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Strobe posted:

I mean, if the upgrade is T-65 X-wings only, then all of them are still lacking the extra shield, all-times Boost, ability to take Autothrusters, extra green maneuver, and Tech slot.

You see "T-65 X-wing" on the card where you would expect to see "T-65 X-wing Only".

Poe sure as poo poo doesn't need a upgrade.

Edit: Going to laugh my rear end off if the PS1 pilots are scum

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Agreed - This is fine, the T70 kinda made it obvious that the T-Roll should've been on the 65 all along anyway. I'm excited to break them back out, and now I have an excuse to finish painting them.

I really hope they do a Solo Falcon; the design is gorgeous and I would probably buy several -- I've been wanting to make a custom version that looks like the McQuarrie concept Falcon and the new one will make for a much better starting point.

edit -

Raged posted:

Edit: Going to laugh my rear end off if the PS1 pilots are scum

TremorX fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 14, 2018

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Almost guarantee they're going to make that T-Roll (if it is a new 2/3 T-roll) a red maneuver. It makes sense to let you take a white hard turn as as red T-roll if you don't have stress. Suddenly R2 astromechs will make a comeback to turn them green, of course, buuuuuut... that's the perfect time to make those PS1 X-wings at exactly 20 points. Or at 19 points with the mod worth 1.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

TremorX posted:

Agreed - This is fine, the T70 kinda made it obvious that the T-Roll should've been on the 65 all along anyway. I'm excited to break them back out, and now I have an excuse to finish painting them.

I really hope they do a Solo Falcon; the design is gorgeous and I would probably buy several -- I've been wanting to make a custom version that looks like the McQuarrie concept Falcon and the new one will make for a much better starting point.

edit -

Boooooooooo

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

Even with all the stuff from the Sfoils, I still think x7 defenders are better?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

hoiyes posted:

Even with all the stuff from the Sfoils, I still think x7 defenders are better?

Well no poo poo. An x7 Defender is also 8 points more.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I got utterly floored by Vader riding around with Captain Oicunn and a Gunner tonight. Otherwise went 2-1 with my list I've posted here previously (Inq, OL, Sabaac, Scourge). Is there a decent way of dealing with that outside of dropping I'll Show You the Darkside crits on it? The list was Oicunn + Upsilon (each one with a ton of trimmings), and I landed a single damage card on the Upsilon before losing my last ship. Everything in my list is so fragile, and eating those Vader crits was just painful. On the other hand, it's nice to see an older ship that can team up with new stuff and annihilate a list that I was otherwise 9-3 with here.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Icon Of Sin posted:

I got utterly floored by Vader riding around with Captain Oicunn and a Gunner tonight. Otherwise went 2-1 with my list I've posted here previously (Inq, OL, Sabaac, Scourge). Is there a decent way of dealing with that outside of dropping I'll Show You the Darkside crits on it? The list was Oicunn + Upsilon (each one with a ton of trimmings), and I landed a single damage card on the Upsilon before losing my last ship. Everything in my list is so fragile, and eating those Vader crits was just painful. On the other hand, it's nice to see an older ship that can team up with new stuff and annihilate a list that I was otherwise 9-3 with here.

Vader/Gunner is pure poison to low-HP Imperial aces. Honestly you just go ALL IN on the Deci and try to kill it before you lose too many ships.

If it vaders 4 times (which is what it would usually take to kill two of your ships) it's taken half its health, and you should have been able to deal the other half. Then with two ships left you just get one behind the Upsilon.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So the Reaper's Jam action wouldn't be able to stop an Auzituck reinforce? That seems like a weird exception, and might otherwise be a decent counter to quad wookies.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Seldom Posts posted:

So the Reaper's Jam action wouldn't be able to stop an Auzituck reinforce? That seems like a weird exception, and might otherwise be a decent counter to quad wookies.

We haven't seen the full text of it, but if it's like the Jamming Beam and Scrambler Missiles, then nope, it doesn't stop reinforce.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Raged posted:

Barley seeing them in the top tables already.

In Australia palp aces have already made a comeback. Going to be everywhere now when the new wave comes out.

Is inquisitor popular? If so what’s the usual list? I want to use my painted one again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
This wave sure makes OP organization a pain...do I put Saw's box with the Wave? Or in the Aces section? For now it's in the Wave as the article indicates..but I dunno.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Next wave looks great. I always wanted an U-wing so this is perfect.

Must be pretty lovely for the people that already have one though, kinda like the HotR set.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Original U-Wing pack is where you can get Expertise. The card itself can net for 15 bucks on eBay too.

I nabbed the U-Wing because it’s an awesome ship and Expertise was fun on my Defenders. With two U-Wings I can imagine that a two U-Wing list might be fun!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

jivjov posted:

This wave sure makes OP organization a pain...do I put Saw's box with the Wave? Or in the Aces section? For now it's in the Wave as the article indicates..but I dunno.

It looks like this is the first "aces" pack to be included in an actual wave. So you're probably good to leave it in the wave order.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

CODChimera posted:

Must be pretty lovely for the people that already have one though, kinda like the HotR set.

I'm actually excited for it! After all, I'd rather have a spare copy of a ship I use occasionally than a single copy of a ship that never sees the table.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I still think the U-wing should have an auxiliary firing arc, for the door gunner.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I sort by faction. Since Saw's partisans are not part of the rebel alliance really (As seen by them kidnapping Jyn to make contact), should I keep the cards in my binder seperate?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

TaurusTorus posted:

I still think the U-wing should have an auxiliary firing arc, for the door gunner.

The U-Wing is probably the most egregious victim of the designers not being able to see the movie before designing the ship.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ringo Star Get posted:

With two U-Wings I can imagine that a two U-Wing list might be fun!

What have you got in mind?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

CODChimera posted:

I think the partisan paintjob looks pretty bad so if the U-Wing becomes viable somehow I'm just gonna use the OG Blue Squadron paintjob one.

Also, Saw seems really cool on a Lothal Rebel with FCS and Hera crew.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The T-65 buff happened!? It's real? Am I dreaming? Should I...should I come back to the game? Are Jumpmasters dead and gone? Is Biggs still holding up the entire Rebel faction with his mustache?

Now all we need is an E-Wing fix and I can die happy. Please give me one more lovely late EU expansion, Fantasy Flight!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

They should release a box with A-Wing and B-wing updates, and call it "We also have these other ships."

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

General Battuta posted:

The T-65 buff happened!? It's real? Am I dreaming? Should I...should I come back to the game? Are Jumpmasters dead and gone? Is Biggs still holding up the entire Rebel faction with his mustache?

Now all we need is an E-Wing fix and I can die happy. Please give me one more lovely late EU expansion, Fantasy Flight!

My dude Biggs is gone. He took a nerf a couple months ago so that his ability is once per game.
Jumpmasters not named Dengar are completely gone, because they lost their torpedo slots and salvaged astromech slot. It only took 20 months to balance them but here we are.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Kill != Balance

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

uncle blog posted:

Kill != Balance

It brought them to the point where they were no longer the best ship in the faction by a large margin.

Ships like the G1A, Starviper & Kihraxz (pre GfH), TIE Punisher, Imperial Firespray, Quadjumper, X-Wing or Scyk (pre-C-ROC) were/are dead ships.

Most ships in X-Wing have either 1 good ace, 1 good generic, or both. Jumpmasters are still good as bumpmasters for 25 points or with a fully loaded Dengar.

Kinda funny to see that the Scum faction has a pretty polarized mix of ships. They had some of the best and some of the worst at the same time.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
As someone who has the FF site blocked at work, can someone do me a solid and post images of the new wave stuff?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

IronSaber posted:

As someone who has the FF site blocked at work, can someone do me a solid and post images of the new wave stuff?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Thank you kindly Canyoneer.

Those ships look rad.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Chill la Chill posted:

Is inquisitor popular? If so what’s the usual list? I want to use my painted one again.

It's popularity is tied to the popularity of Imp Aces...

But FWIW, a RAC/Inqy list won Fargo regional this past weekend.

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Kylo Ren (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Dauntless (2)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 98

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This is what I have been practising with that has the Inquisitor

Captain Yorr (24)
Collision Detector (0)
Emperor Palpatine (8)

"Quickdraw" (29)
Expertise (4)
Fire-Control System (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I want the reaper so much

FYI I started up a SW:Legion thread for anyone who going down the rabbit hole with me
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849192

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Turns out a huge ship FAQ dropped recently

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

There's some really good stuff in there. I'm sure that all four people in the world who love competitive-level Epic games are thrilled!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

There's some really good stuff in there. I'm sure that all four people in the world who love competitive-level Epic games are thrilled!

We have one person at our flgs that loves epic. Everyone has played him once and now he can't get a game. I feel bad for him, but not bad enough to play epic.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks for the Ink lists. Im probably using my old painted Wampa as QuickDraw for that variant. There’s a lot of mail/Ezra Ghost with rebel Frau running around right now.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
My problem with Epic is how much time it takes and how little people know how to play or have it. My FLGS tried to do a casual epic game or two and still couldn’t get enough interest in it.

Should just have Epic ships in 100pt games as obstacles and can fire a two dice attack once a round at the closest enemy ship.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Epic is the 40k Apocalypse of x wing. Thankfully FFG decided not to go with the insane strategy of making it the default tournament game, like GW did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

My friend I play with regularly LOVES epic, and between us we have the Raider, CR90 and GR75. I use the CR90 as debris occasionally just because it looks rad as hell on the table (I repainted mine blue and weathered the poo poo out of it) but epic bores the poo poo out of me. Everything about the epic ships is awesome -- I love the power management and how they maneuver, but it just takes SOOOOO long to get through that my attention span can't deal with it. I constantly forget what it was I was doing and I can't keep track of the billion different things the ship does, let alone the rest of my massive epic squad. I've tried to indulge him and play but I always wind up just kind of totally losing interest out halfway into it, and I have little to no idea what I'm doing or what to do next, and he just steamrolls me. Also the Raider is bullshit.

• Locked thread