Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've lived in a New England bubble my entire life (except one year in the PacNW bubble) and I've known some conservative millenials

they mostly fit in the following categories
1) dipshit Bush-era teenagers (includes my own libertarian phase)
2) members of military families
3) ancap bitcoiners
or
4) weirdo college republicans (it was no secret that my college was overwhelmingly lib/leftist, so what few proud self-identified conservatives chose to go there anyway were just the oddest antisocial dorks) (like, the kind who wore dress shirts and sport coats to college lectures) (picture Ted Cruz at Princeton)

That said, though, regarding thread discussion, there are definitely liberal conspiracy-theorists now (y'know, the everyone-is-a-Russian type) and they're pretty generally over 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No one checks sources for anything

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Its alot easier to fact check (and thus to know that you need to) when you spent your formative years stalking friends on facebook, or snap chatting people (god drat I'm old already), instead of waiting for your mom to get off the phone line so you could call someone.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

it was no secret that my college was overwhelmingly lib/leftist

My goodness where would you even find such an institution of higher learning

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

loquacius posted:

*makes face at camera*

he thinks he's jim but really he's roy

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I like the idea of cosmic horror that’s too lazy to go into caves I would read a book from the perspective of a monster that’s like “I wanna consume the flesh and sanity of humans, but like, only when they’re outside and easily accessible at night, yknow?”

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

he thinks he's jim but really he's roy

drat, was gonna say this.

Also, I have plenty of conservative friends since I work in finance and meet a ton of them. The older ones are all terrible, but anyone under the age of 40 is usually pretty reasonable and not opposed to things like gay marriage or trans rights or healthcare reform (they'll draw the line at socialized, but they'll agree something needs to change). Haven't met any that actually like Trump. The most praise I've heard is "at least he isn't Hilary."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sugar free jazz posted:

I like the idea of cosmic horror that’s too lazy to go into caves I would read a book from the perspective of a monster that’s like “I wanna consume the flesh and sanity of humans, but like, only when they’re outside and easily accessible at night, yknow?”

Gorax’yggth stretches his tendril towards the man in the sleeping bag, but it’s only just out of his reach. If he wanted, he could devour the man, but he would need to move. Instead, with a sigh, he withdraws his tendrils into the cave and reaches for an already open box of formerly frozen pizza rolls.

“You’re a piece of poo poo” he whispers in an unspeakable tongue a few hours later “and you deserve this”.

You would be driven mad if you could but hear the eldritch wails as he cried himself to sleep for another eon.

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 14, 2018

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

loquacius posted:

(y'know, the everyone-is-a-Russian type)

Who and where are these people? Honest question.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

yothong’llngq’s procreator beings were always disappointed in it, it was naturally so talented at consuming souls and spreading madness but it just never applied itself

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

sugar free jazz posted:

yothong’llngq’s procreator beings were always disappointed in it, it was naturally so talented at consuming souls and spreading madness but it just never applied itself

"When I spawned you from my hideous womb I thought you'd turn out like your brother Yumorgthapt," gibbered the Elder Mom. "Not just sleep away the whole eon in a sunken city. Those stars aren't going to align themselves you know!"

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

it's 2018 g̼̹͚̠̘͍̤ͮͨͪ́̓ͫ̽ͣͭ̈́͛͆ͪ̿ͬ́̊̃̀ǫ̥͈͉̯͒̋̐ͬͪ͛͛̑ͫ̽̐̇͘l̛̾̊̌̐͊̐͊̔̈́̋͒̐͋̒̚҉̡̱̭̺̻̪͉̟͍t̨̡̲͓̞̺̟̮͖͔̗͚̬̰͚̠̱̰͋̌ͤ̌̓ͫ̈́ͣ̓͊̊̒ͯ͟͝ͅh͑ͫ̑̔̇̐ͮ͐̒̈́̋̈͌̾̈͠҉̕͏̱̞͈̯͇̫̝̗̲̻̭̬͓̙̹͎̘̻͡a̛͕͎̝̜̖͕͚̹̘̣̲͉̳̝ͭͨ͋̒͊̈́ͧ́͘͜͝n̡̙͍̹̪͚͖̬̂ͥ͌͒ͧ̆ͪ̑̋̐ͬ̚͢d͙͍͕̟̦̙̫͔̗͓̺̖̘͕́͐̿̒̾ͤ̕͘f̴̸͙̗̭͎͂̌̉̑̌ͩ̌͊ͫ͑̌̔̋ͪ̈́́̚͟f̡̛̥̜̹͎̒̽͊̈͑̌̊͆̂ͣͮ̎ͭ̽̔ͣ́̚͢f̵̸̜̮̻͙̻̘ͤ͋ͭ͊͑̿ͣ̒̃ͯ͒́̚ get with the times, just get some succulent human flesh at t̢̡̨̞̠̺͈̃̈́̈ͮ̓͐ͥ͘͞r̶̡̯̲̰̰͓̟͎̭̭̣̝̯̖̟̞̾ͯ͊͑͆̏̌ͮ͂ͪͮ̍̓̓͜a̩̟̱̱̅̎̀̈́ͨͦͦ̇̄̈́̃ͮ̏͊ͧ̄ͤͯ̅͢ḍ̶̶̡̡̙̬͉̖͕̪̜͖͙͌̓ͨ͆ͪ̉͐ͦ̄̑ͩͥ̚͢eͩ̃̈́ͧ̇̐ͪ̅ͨͤ̾ͦ̚͠͏̷̩̞͙̥̞͕r̵̨̠͎̖̲͖̼̩͖̹̳̥̼̩̲͉͍̳̥̎ͭ̐͂ͦ̓͑̐ͦ̓̈̅̎̿̂̊̕ ̨͔̘̳̝̗̺̮̱̭̥̝̩̍̈ͧ̉͂̈́̎̾̉̀j̣̖̼̦̫̗͎̞̫̙̒̈̉̌͊̀̚̚͟͡o̸̵̗͈̲̯͎͙͓̝̹̟̱̼̹̦͍̣͉̪ͦ̑͂̓̍̏ͮ͢͜͡e̴͒̊ͤ͌ͩͤ͐͆ͮ͗ͯ͑́̇̽̅͏̘̥̩̞̞̬̥ͅs̵͎̬͓̺͍̣͇̜͖̬̰̘̣ͪ̊̑ͨ̀̇́ͥͩ͒͠͡ it's even organic

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

loquacius posted:

If it helps, try to keep in mind they'd fire everyone regardless of whether you benefit

Still don't blame you for feeling guilty, though
Fire them in such a way that your own rear end is covered but leaves the company open to massive wrongful termination suits.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vlonald Prump posted:

"When I spawned you from my hideous womb I thought you'd turn out like your brother Yumorgthapt," gibbered the Elder Mom. "Not just sleep away the whole eon in a sunken city. Those stars aren't going to align themselves you know!"

Millennials* are killing the temple industry!

*lived for a thousand galactic years

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the littlest prince posted:

Who and where are these people? Honest question.

"Who" is, usually, upper-middle-class white people aged 45-65, residing in blue states, either bald men or women with dogs in their profile pictures, who watch Rachel Maddow and/or listen to NPR religiously

and "where" is generally Twitter and Facebook but also in those Panera suburbs the Clinton campaign was targeting

I'm apparently related to several of them

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

maskenfreiheit posted:

he thinks he's jim but really he's roy Dwight

FTFY

The Office is one of my favorite shows but anyone should be worried if their significant other starts comparing the relationship to any fictitious one, especially if it leads to them irrationally getting jealous. This is as bad as saying "Our love is just like Edward and Bella".

Besides, Jim and Pam's relationship is a little too perfect, even for tv. There is a beautiful love story at the heart of the show The Office and it isn't Jim and Pam.
It's Dwight and Angela.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's still an improvement on 'just like Romeo and Juliet', mind.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

King of Foolians posted:

Besides, Jim and Pam's relationship is a little too perfect, even for tv.

They spent so long on the "will they or won't they" thing that by the time they actually got together everyone was too invested in the relationship to be able to handle any actual threats to it

Cowardly writing IMO but they knew where their money came from

quote:

I am convinced that I am in hell and am not being allowed to die. I've been doing dangerous and unhealthy things for over a decade that you hear people dying from all the time, but yet I still wake up every morning. You would be disgusted how much I spend every week on alcohol, cocaine and pizza/chinese food. Every night I hope to not see the sun come up once again and start another miserable day, but I always do. If I am in hell, it does make sense because some of you guys's posts are excruciating to read and also why I have no friends. I think I died some time after the last time I can remember having a friend, which was about 10 years ago, and satan altered my memory to give me the false confidence that one day I'll day when in fact I won't.

I actually IRL chuckled a little bit at the part where you threw shade at the thread, that was pretty good

Anyway if this is serious see thread title but I doubt it is

quote:

Well here it is – my own contribution to the confession thread.
When I started reading this thread back in late November, it was in part because I needed a cover story for having my laptop out and always being online at night.

The backstory is really not super complicated. When I was 18 I was really (according to my therapist) lonely and ICQ was a big thing back then and I met a lot of people on random chat. One day I got a message from a group of high school girls who wanted to just be silly and talk. The one who’s house they were at and I started talking on a regular basis. She listened to all my stories about how my ex-girlfriend had dumped me and other girls wouldn’t have me in the first place. She was sweet and kind to me. I truly fell in love with her.

Over the course of 6 months or so we got to where I would make an appointment to talk to her on a nightly basis. We started “dating” a few months later. I had graduated already but she was still in high school but was a night owl so we stayed up talking for hours. We would talk on the phone for insane amounts of time. (this was back in the 90s when 10-10-220 was a thing, but got replaced with MUCH cheaper phone calling cards from the Mexican stores).

By the time I was 20 I had a much better job than my fast food and computer sales gigs and got my own apartment. We continued to talk all the time, but she was sort of a moody teenager and sometimes would get pissed when I couldn’t make it home to talk all night or wanted to do something with my friends. (There was also a 2 hour time difference). When I was 21, she broke it off. I was heartbroken but I started dating other women but never felt the emotional closeness to any of them that I had with her. When I was 24 she called me one night and said that her boyfriend had been cheating on her and she found out by going through his text messages because his phone hadn’t stopped buzzing. She asked me what she should do and I said, “come back to me”. She said no and we didn’t really speak much after that, aside from a really awkward phone call after my dad died years later.

When I was 25 I met another girl, and a few years later we got married and had kids. It’s been 12 years since we met and I “moved on”. I never forgot the long-distance girl, I never really fully got over her. When my marriage started falling apart in October and I needed to know if my desire was to fix my marriage or leave my wife I reached out to a close platonic friend that I had lost touch with years ago and wrote her about how I felt so alone and depressed. Her response was basically, “Who are you again?”

I was feeling incredibly insignificant and I reached out to the old long-distance girlfriend. I sent her a postal letter at her dad’s house and she happened to be there for Thanksgiving and got it. She emailed me back and we began exchanging emails. She was still with the same guy and was not super happy in their relationship. Within a few days even though our conversations were not inappropriate or anything, her relationship blew up and she broke up with him. It felt like destiny. She and I exchanged over 5,000 emails over the course of two months. Every break at work, every day at lunch I would talk to her on the phone. She admitted that she had never stopped loving me either and that it was the distance, along with her personal life issues that were what had prompted her to end it in the first place. She sent me pictures of her diary pages from years ago where she was hoping that I would come back to her. It HAD TO BE destiny. We had everything in common, unlike my wife who has spent years trying to change me and take away all of the things that make me who I am so that I fit her definition of who I should be. (My therapist was concerned about this)

My wife noticed that my mood had picked up incredibly and that I was more “emotionally available” than I had ever been with her. That came cashing down in the 3rd week of January. My wife had been accusing me of having an affair and one night she waited until I was asleep, went into the office and grabbed my laptop. She found the most recent email where I professed my love for the ex. She threw me out. Wife made a lot of threats about taking the kids away from me entirely (she has friends that are very good family law attorneys that would certainly help her for free) so my choice had to be between staying with the wife and getting to be around my kids every day or being with the ex and seeing my kids on weekends. My ex made the choice for me and walked away. Wife took me back but I was still distant. I was heartbroken. We started going to marriage counseling and she was 50/50 on whether or not she wanted to make the marriage work. I was secretly writing letters to my ex on my website in a private section. I reached out to my girlfriend's sister giving her the username and password, saying that if in the future she ever wanted me back and wanted to read it – to give her the login. I heard nothing. I could see that she had never logged in so I just remained sad.

A week ago, I got a message from the sister saying that she hadn’t seen the message, but her sister was brokenhearted too and still loved me. She logged into the site and started reading all the notes, but never said anything back. My wife snooped again and found the login, saw that my ex had read them, called me at work and told me it was over. We discussed things while I was packing boxes and my wife said that I needed to go to her and see if it was real before we called it quits. I hadn’t heard anything from her so I asked her sister. She said that she had gone back to the guy she had broken up with in early December and they were shopping for engagement rings. So it’s over now for good. She wouldn’t answer me when I tried to talk to her. Now I’m in limbo with my wife, who for some reason is willing to let me stay and work it out hoping I will fall back in love with her. But all I can do is think about how happy the other girl made me and I fear I will truly never be happy again.

I think about all the times I should have climbed out of my comfort bubble and gone to her over the years and years but couldn’t bring myself to do it because I would have no guarantee of stability. What I take away from this is that destiny is a bullshit concept that exists to prey on your emotions and sell you media. Also that if my kids ever want to follow their heart and do something really god damned stupid like chasing after some girl I will fully support them and even finance them through it, so long as it’s not dangerous just so they can say they tried to follow their hearts. I guess that will be my contribution to the world.

You should probably end your marriage regardless of ICQ girl's status honestly. You don't sound happy in it and your wife knows. Just try to keep it amicable so you don't get hosed over -- if your ex isn't involved that might still be possible (although divorce is scary to me since it seems to turn normal people into spite monsters).

And don't get hung up on this girl. Have you ever even met her in person? It was always a long shot and even more so than before now. As long as you keep carrying this torch you're never gonna be happy.

I used to know a girl that kept getting long-distance Internet boyfriends instead of dating anyone that lived near her. I haven't talked to her for a while and as far as I know she's still doing it. It's an expensive hobby (if you actually visit each other) and you're never gonna really be able to "settle down", and honestly I think it's based in cowardice. Long-distance relationships only ever "work" if they have expiration dates. My wife and I were long-distance for a year for work reasons and I think it only worked because I did everything I could to move back as quickly as possible.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's always funny to me seeing people dealing with the problems I thought were super meaningful and life-defining (like ICQ relationships) when I was like 15-16 but as a full-grown adult. You should know by now that when people interact solely on line, everything gets filtered and you never see much of the negative side of their personality because they have the benefit of being behind a screen where you can stop and think about what you type to the other person.

Also you weren't "dating", you just talked on the phone a bunch. You were her friend. You aren't in some nicholas sparks movie, never say something as corny as "come back to me" to some girl that you only know over the phone who is dealing with something like that again.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
at least he talked on the phone to verify it's a girl :shrug:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Caganer posted:

at least he talked on the phone to verify it's a girl :shrug:

That's a good point but still. I can see a romantic gesture working if they had actually met, but he clearly had/has a much different view on their relationship than she ever did.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That's a good point but still. I can see a romantic gesture working if they had actually met, but he clearly had/has a much different view on their relationship than she ever did.

this is the problem with romcoms. now he thinks he needs to power on through her utter lack of care or attraction

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I had something similar going on in my life at one point. I can understand pouring out your life to someone who has literally no connection whatsoever with anything actually going on in your personal life. It's nice. I mean, the woman I had knew more about me than anyone has ever had.

Just don't ever think this will work in real life. The whole relationship is built on the foundation of anonymity and a disconnect from your actual lives.

Think of her as a human diary and move on. Be there for your kids. Your kids are real. That's real.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

I Brake For MILFs posted:

Think of her as a human diary and move on. Be there for your kids. Your kids are real. That's real.

There’s a couple of coworkers who both recently had kids and it just broke to the whole office that they are loving each other. Only selfish pieces of poo poo blow up a stable thing involving kids for some fantasy relationship side piece. News flash, cheaters, grass is never truly greener.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm just assuming it's two dudes and they're loving each other because their wives are still all blown out down there.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

areyoucontagious posted:

There’s a couple of coworkers who both recently had kids and it just broke to the whole office that they are loving each other. Only selfish pieces of poo poo blow up a stable thing involving kids for some fantasy relationship side piece. News flash, cheaters, grass is never truly greener.

you should check out /r/adultery sometime. sometimes there's great posts about "wah i blew up my family" style

Busted by an Electronic Toll

quote:

I went to see my LD AP a couple of months ago in another city and spent the night. I usually spend the night with him and tell my spouse that I'm staying with a friend and he always believes me. But this time I traveled to a nearby city and apparently there was a loving ELECTRONIC TOLL that I NEVER SAW. Because the invoice for it came in the mail today. There is in in black and white - the location, date and time that I traveled. gently caress.

He is so upset with me. I told him that my friend and I went to the city for dinner and he said that I am clearly lying and won't talk to me until I tell him the truth. I don't know what to do.

My friend has no idea about my affair so I can't ask her to lie for me. And to make matters worse AP is coming to visit this week after not seeing each other for almost two months. He's only here for a few days. Such bad loving timing.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Hmm why does the hubbie object to her staying with the LAPD overnight? Must be pretty safe.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

So I just saw there was a school shooting in Florida and I'm super excited.

I really like gore photos and videos, especially gunshot victims. There was lots of good footage and video after Vegas and I assume there will be after this one too. It's not a sex thing, I don't jerk off or anything, I just find it super fascinating and cool. Sometimes it's funny too like that guy who stuck his hands up in the air in Vegas like "come at me bro" and got clipped on camera. Love that stuff.

I also don't really care about the shootings themselves. We live in a country that doesn't provide health care (mental or physical) and bullies people constantly. No pity for the majority - people vote assuming there will be no consequences for their actions, well that's your right but you may get a call to your McMansion that little chad had his head blown off.

To be clear, it is not OK to be a mass murderer. (I mean seriously, have some class and at least stretch it out BTK style!). But it's kind of like stepping in front of a truck to cross the street because you have the right of way... yeah you're legally in the right, but you're still dead.

what is like stepping in front of a truck :confused: living in America? Not sure what your metaphor is there

Anyway gun control is another of those issues that the majority of people want to change, but politicians will never allow that, because they are all bought off

Our democracy is broken as gently caress and this is one of the many deadly symptoms

quote:

Hi loq,

Mr clean 24/7/365 again. The subject is either my passcode or the password to my bank account.

Anyway I feel the need to unburden myself—it’s good news but I can’t really tell anyone. A few months ago I happened to show a friend a picture of my high school crush and they were surprised. Said she looks a lot like my wife. So I was thinking about that awhile and coincidentally, my wife cut her hair fairly short recently and the hairstyle is almost balls on how the crush wore hers back in the day.

It’s a little odd because when my wife had her hair long it goes very straight but turns curly when it’s short. So yeah, the haircut is very similar and she already has a resemblance.

Nothing further—the crush isn’t in my life anymore, I’m long long long since over her. Not having any kind of identity crisis. I just think it’s really cool. Probably best not to mention it to my wife though.

I looked up his subject line and this is the guy who uses a bidet because he's really into butt hygiene and wrote in to ask how it was possible for people to eat rear end considering how gross everyone's butts are that doesn't use a bidet

Not sure why he bothered establishing the continuity between that fesh and this one, but my only response to it is that I hate short curly hair on women because it reminds me of my mom and all of my mom's boomer friends

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

loquacius posted:

I looked up his subject line and this is the guy who uses a bidet because he's really into butt hygiene and wrote in to ask how it was possible for people to eat rear end considering how gross everyone's butts are that doesn't use a bidet

bidets are like anime.

there's good ones and bad ones and anyone who considers them as a special interest is very weird

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Caganer posted:

bidets are like anime.

there's good ones and bad ones and anyone who considers them as a special interest is very weird

Do you even eat rear end, bro?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm just assuming it's two dudes and they're loving each other because their wives are still all blown out down there.

This would have been funny but no, it’s a sad lonely mom getting taken advantage of by a scummy piece of poo poo. They’re both pieces of poo poo, but I think the guy is more so due to the predatory nature of the relationship.

Also shootings op, your post made me sad. :(

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
I got a bidet seat attachment off amazon for $30 and it is actually pretty cool and good. I like having a sparkling clean booty hole.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If someone's gonna care too much about their butthole, keeping it clean is probably the preferred thing to focus on.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

DandyLion posted:

Do you even eat rear end, bro?

yeah i eat rear end.

take a shower with her first

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Caganer posted:

yeah i eat rear end.

take a shower with her first

please do not take my name in vain

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I think he was inviting you to hop into the shower with his lady.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

you don't like showers? :confused:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

I thought it was sincerely, not taken in vain. You should be flattered!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Butts are nasty and I'm glad I'm of an old enough generation that nobody expects me to eat any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Modus Pwnens posted:

Butts are nasty and I'm glad I'm of an old enough generation that nobody expects me to eat any.

Buttholes are nasty. Butts are glorious.