Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

RatHat posted:

And Tila Tequila. Well, she isn’t right wing so much as batshit crazy.

You repeat yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I feel people ain't using the term "right wang" enough.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've heard of lots of people becoming horrible people politically after a medical problem, but I'm not sure I've ever heard the reverse. Like a KKK member sustaining a head injury and becoming a civil rights activist or something? I guess an injury can't make you smarter, but it sure can make you dumber.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Didn't watermelon-smashing standup comedian Gallagher turn out to be an angry right-winger until he had a heart attack? I thought he just chilled out after that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

I've heard of lots of people becoming horrible people politically after a medical problem, but I'm not sure I've ever heard the reverse. Like a KKK member sustaining a head injury and becoming a civil rights activist or something? I guess an injury can't make you smarter, but it sure can make you dumber.

How about George Wallace?

(Specifically his about-face on civil rights in the 1970s.)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Facebook Aunt posted:

That poor goon.

It's really unfair as he seemed like a really cool dude.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Didn't watermelon-smashing standup comedian Gallagher turn out to be an angry right-winger until he had a heart attack? I thought he just chilled out after that.

He actually got much, much worse.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Karate Bastard posted:

I feel people ain't using the term "right wang" enough.

But there’s no wrong wang.

Wheat Loaf posted:

How about George Wallace?

(Specifically his about-face on civil rights in the 1970s.)

That was actually his second about-face. He was pretty progressive as a judge (for the time, anyway) but then lost his first gubernatorial election (he was endorsed by the NAACP) because he wasn’t a staunch segregationist.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Feb 15, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Well there is this one senator lady (iirc) who got shot in the head and now is all for gun control where she ardently against before.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Phanatic posted:

That was actually his second about-face. He was pretty progressive as a judge (for the time, anyway) but then lost his first gubernatorial election (he was endorsed by the NAACP) because he wasn’t a staunch segregationist.

Here is a surprisingly good look at the complex history of George Wallace, delivered in the form of southern rock.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Hedningen posted:

Here is a surprisingly good look at the complex history of George Wallace, delivered in the form of southern rock.

That whole album is so good.

Not as good as Isbell's latest, though.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well there is this one senator lady (iirc) who got shot in the head and now is all for gun control where she ardently against before.

This is how I feel when a rich person gets sick and creates a foundation to cure their own illess

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Everyone who doesn't share my exact political opinions is Hitler

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boinks posted:

same, but unironically

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That was Gabrielle Giffords, and as far as I know she was for gun control before and after the shooting. She retired from politics after it happened, though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

YeH, a chiropractor gave him a stroke and when he came out of it he was a born again Christian neo con.

drat, I can only ever get a stroke from my masseuse!

I'm kidding, I can usually also get handies from my dentist, accountant, and Uber drivers as well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Which Chinese studio is this adaptation of Maus from?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Boinks posted:

You're just a lovely person, hth :)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

spog posted:

It's really unfair as he seemed like a really cool dude.

He is and he’s def not a Trump voter

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

That poor goon.

:iamafag:

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Olive! posted:

You're just a lovely person, hth :)

:iamafag:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

RatHat posted:

And Tila Tequila. Well, she isn’t right wing so much as batshit crazy.

She actually tried to kill herself after her fiancée died from untreated diabetes or something like that, and the suicide attempt quite literally broke her brain, so that’s where that came from.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Bill Leak was an already-pretty conservative cartoonist who fell off his balcony trying to feed some birds and cracked his skull open. When he woke up, he took a real hard turn into insanely racist wingnuttery.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Proof that you can't ever get better, only more conservative when brain function is diminished.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Memento posted:

Bill Leak was an already-pretty conservative cartoonist who fell off his balcony trying to feed some birds and cracked his skull open. When he woke up, he took a real hard turn into insanely racist wingnuttery.

And yet he was still published in national papers, despite poo poo like this:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ziv Zulander posted:

That was Gabrielle Giffords, and as far as I know she was for gun control before and after the shooting. She retired from politics after it happened, though.
Relatedly, Dianne Feinstein's crusade for gun control mostly stems from her literally being the person to discover Harvey Milk's bullet-riddled body. But she was probably at least vaguely in favor of it beforehand, so not again it's not a full side change.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ahahaha I hadn't heard about this

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/kim-jong-un-lookalike-provokes-north-koreans-in-olympic-melee-9960840

quote:

PYEONGCHANG: A Kim Jong Un lookalike who has been making mischief at the Pyeongchang Olympics danced in front of North Korea's female cheerleading team before being nabbed and hauled off by police on Wednesday (Feb 14).

The Kim impersonator, wearing thick-rimmed glasses and dressed in all black, sparked anger when he waved at the famed "army of beauties" at an ice hockey game between the joint Korea team and Japan.

Many of the cheerleaders giggled nervously and waved back, but when the fake Kim broke into an impromptu jig all hell broke loose.

Within seconds, he was tackled by three burly security officials, thought to be North Korean, before being frog-marched by police to a room inside the arena, watched by stunned onlookers.

"I walked past the cheerleaders and waved but then three rough-looking guys, not in uniform who I suspect were North Koreans, came out of nowhere and grabbed me by the arm," the Kim double, who goes by the stage name Howard X, told AFP.

"When I waved the unified Korean flag at them they got really pissed off and started kicking me in the shins."

After getting into a shouting match with the North Korean bouncers, the Kim lookalike pointed out he could not be arrested simply for looking like North Korea's leader.

"If you don't like my face there's nothing you can do about it - I was born this way," he protested.

However, Games security took a dim view and he was taken away by police officers.

"They didn't arrest me, I was detained," the Kim impersonator said.

"I didn't break any law. It took them a while to get a translator but they said it was for my own safety because some conservative people (in the venue) didn't appreciate my presence."

"Kim" also caused a stir at last Friday's opening ceremony in Pyeongchang.

On that occasion he and a Donald Trump lookalike sauntered nonchalantly past an accredited media section in an attempt to get near to the athletes, including the two Koreas, who marched behind the blue-and-white unification flag.

They were not able to get close to the VIP area, where American Vice President Mike Pence and the real Kim's sister Kim Yo Jong were in attendance.

Trump substitute Dennis Alan was not present at the hockey but "will be back soon", according to buddy Howard.

"This situation is totally messed up," he complained. "All I did was wave the flag. Everybody else was waving the flag. Long live democracy!"

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/kim-jong-un-lookalike-provokes-north-koreans-in-olympic-melee-9960840

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I can't help but think this section;

quote:

"I didn't break any law. It took them a while to get a translator but they said it was for my own safety because some conservative people (in the venue) didn't appreciate my presence."

Was a thinly-veiled "If we hadn't removed you, the NK guys would've taken you away and shot you in an alley somewhere" from the cops;

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

He needed a translator? Is the impersonator american or something?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Holy poo poo, can you imagine a South Korean being a Fatty impersonator?

Shortest career ever.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
:nws: Hot Babe Giving Some Tongue Action On A Wide Slot :nws:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Ziv Zulander posted:

And even if she hadn't been, getting shot in the head is a pretty good reason to revisit your thinking on the subject.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Peeny Cheez posted:

And even if she hadn't been, getting shot in the head is a pretty good reason to revisit your thinking on the subject.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Idk man, that's like an 8 year old you're sexualising there

Like the image would have been just fine to post without the creepy context

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

its fine she's uggo as gently caress

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

wayfinder posted:

Idk man, that's like an 8 year old you're sexualising there

Like the image would have been just fine to post without the creepy context

It's setting up false expectations for comedic reasons you betwerked mongophile, you utter moron nitwit, you nincompoop you dumb person ugh

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
It's amazing how you even quote the part where I address that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm just loving with ya :) it didn't come out as funny as I imagined it would though :( Have a comic!

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 10:48 on Feb 15, 2018