Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Tibalt posted:

Tarantino has always been fairly upfront and public with his using his movies to indulge his foot fetish. From Dusk to Dawn is particularly egregious, but I'm pretty sure Selma Hayek knew what she was getting into.

Which I guess is better than sexual harassment, but ehhhh

Salma Hayek has talked about how Frida was a passion project for her, but Harvey Weinstein forced her to do a lesbian nude scene to get it funded. She said that she didn’t mind being with another woman onscreen, but the fact that she was doing it specifically for Weinstein grossed her out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Queen and the Commonwealth – A high-level group of leaders met to review Commonwealth governance – amid a report that it will also discuss the succession to the Queen"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson warns thwarting Brexit vote would be disastrous

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... sexual harassment

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I really didn't need to see multiple naked Boris Johnsons today, thread

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
And according to the Times, he has a bifurcated penis!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I can't believe Tinsley and Mac made the same drat cartoon.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Men need to stop getting paid for their bad sexual assault and harassment takes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loquacius posted:

Uma Thurman recently did a tell-all interview that was partly about Weinstein (who was EP on Kill Bill) but also Tarantino didn't come out of it smelling like a rose either. The gist of it is that when they did that promo where she was driving a car and talking into the camera, he made her actually drive a car, while talking into a camera instead of focusing on driving, and she said she didn't want to and it was a bad idea, and he made her do it anyway, and the car crashed and she's still hurt from it

Tarantino isn't a rapist or groper (as far as we know) but it was still a huge dick move

e: Weinstein is the primary issue here of course -- IIRC he made multiple unwanted sexual advances on her and threatened to torpedo her career when she confronted him about it, y'know, standard procedure for him

I believe she also says that the footage of the crash was deliberately kept from her by the studio because it would have helped her insurance claim/put them at risk of litigation? And she only ended up getting it because Tarantino literally made a copy and gave it to her in an attempt to apologize to her?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... sexual harassment

I dont know posted:

"Great minds" think alike. I think every cartoon I've seen on affirmative consent comes down to some variation of, "If we expect affirmative consent, how will I pressure women into sex?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfStd3v330

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I believe she also says that the footage of the crash was deliberately kept from her by the studio because it would have helped her insurance claim/put them at risk of litigation? And she only ended up getting it because Tarantino literally made a copy and gave it to her in an attempt to apologize to her?
Yeah, 15 years later or something.

Hollywood is a place where the directors and studio execs do whatever hosed up poo poo they want to even the most famous actresses, it seems.

edit: I mean I always knew it was a meat grinder for young unknown actresses but recent stuff surprised me since I thought someone like Uma Thurman would be able to refuse that poo poo but nope, still a woman in Hollywood.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 14, 2018

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I dont know posted:

"Great minds" think alike. I think every cartoon I've seen on affirmative consent comes down to some variation of, "If we expect affirmative consent, how will I pressure women into sex?"
I feel that if you have to ask "Geez, what ISN'T rape nowadays" you're saying a bit more about yourself than you are the #metoo movement.

fool_of_sound posted:

I hope the LAPD kicks Rall's rear end, for real this time.

Yes, like Rall insinuates, I am pro-state-sponsored-violence when the target is Ted Rall.
Personally I wouldn't mind if it wasn't state sponsored.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm starting to think a lot of political cartoonist are potential rapists.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Not necessarily rapists themselves, but definitely pro-rapist.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've said it before and I'll say it again: what's the point of letting women out in public if you can't make comments about their tits and pinch their bottoms?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Duke Igthorn posted:

I feel that if you have to ask "Geez, what ISN'T rape nowadays" you're saying a bit more about yourself than you are the #metoo movement.

Personally I wouldn't mind if it wasn't state sponsored.

That cartoon was from 2014, but the point still stands. Rall's response to a law that clarifies that "Oops, it must have slipped in" in not a valid legal defense." poo poo, the joke is literally perfidious college woman trick an innocent men into rape.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Isn't that where Rall started his tooning career?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There was another mass shooting in America today, so expect a lot of cartoons decrying the madness and demanding something be done, and then nothing being done, and then a Garrison cartoon about it being a false flag by the Deep State to take away guns.

:sigh:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Here are the Prerequisite Cartoons Posted After a Shooting

You may resume posting.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, 15 years later or something.

Hollywood is a place where the directors and studio execs do whatever hosed up poo poo they want to even the most famous actresses, it seems.

edit: I mean I always knew it was a meat grinder for young unknown actresses but recent stuff surprised me since I thought someone like Uma Thurman would be able to refuse that poo poo but nope, still a woman in Hollywood.

Uma Thurman wasn’t exactly a huge star at that point. After Batman and Robin, she was probably a bit desperate to be taken seriously again.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Comment section.

Jerusalem posted:

There was another mass shooting in America today, so expect a lot of cartoons decrying the madness and demanding something be done, and then nothing being done, and then a Garrison cartoon about it being a false flag by the Deep State to take away guns.

Garrison is going to pre-emptively accuse the Dems of using the tragedy for politics which is inappropriate.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jerusalem posted:

I'm going to put one bullet in the chamber for every crying Lady Liberty 'toon, then play my own special game of Russian Roulette.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I'm already mad about the "don't politicize this tragedy!" cartoons that are coming. I live about 2 and a half hours north of where it happened, and we've already had 18 school shootings this year. What is it going to take to get some common sense gun laws, a shooting spree in the halls of Congress?

Edit: Apparently the guy's name is Nikolas Cruz, so get ready for some "them drat Mexicans need to git out!" cartoons!

ZeButler fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 15, 2018

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Starshark posted:

I'm going to put one bullet in the chamber for every crying Lady Liberty 'toon, then play my own special game of Russian Roulette.

*Posts all the crying liberty cartoons I can find*

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ZeButler posted:

I'm already mad about the "don't politicize this tragedy!" cartoons that are coming. I live about 2 and a half hours north of where it happened, and we've already had 18 school shootings this year. What is it going to take to get some common sense gun laws, a shooting spree in the halls of Congress?

Historically, it's lots of black people demonstrating the same open carry rights

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Katt posted:

Comment section.

Garrison is going to pre-emptively accuse the Dems of using the tragedy for politics which is inappropriate.

I sort of assume he will imply that it was a false flag.

ZeButler posted:

A GOP charity softball practice was shot up last year without effect, I don't think there is anything that will change these people's minds.

Shugojin posted:

Historically, it's lots of black people demonstrating the same open carry rights

Ok, maybe that.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jerusalem posted:

Which Trump cannot stop somehow even though he is the hero that will do that -- just not yet. Or after every other gun death in this country while he's "in charge".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Katt posted:

Comment section.

Rape accusations can ruin a person's entire life and drive them to suicide! Not like rape, though, with that you just get over it.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Shugojin posted:

The specific disarming of minorities is already in the works

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/01/30/is-a-court-case-in-texas-the-first-prosecution-of-a-black-identity-extremist/

quote:

Christopher Daniels and his 15-year-old son awoke on Dec. 12, 2017, to heavily armed FBI agents outfitted in bulletproof vests and helmets pouring into the one-bedroom apartment they shared in Dallas, Texas. The pair were hurried outside, where they were separated while Daniels was arrested.

quote:

The terrorism classification is used to describe individuals who resort to violence or unlawful activities “in response to perceived racism and injustice in American society,” according to a copy of the report obtained and published by Foreign Policy.

Facing 10 years in prison for having a misdemeanour in 2007.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Can't wait to see the new variations of:

1. Uncle Sam crying / comforting someone crying

2. Sign riddled with bullet holes

3. Labeled blood stain

edit: also which assholes are going to draw the "gun free zone" or "it wouldn't have happened if the good guys had guns" cartoons

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 15, 2018

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Katt posted:

The specific disarming of minorities is already in the works

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/01/30/is-a-court-case-in-texas-the-first-prosecution-of-a-black-identity-extremist/

Facing 10 years in prison for having a misdemeanour in 2007.

So I assume the Bundy Ranch crowd will be brought up on terrorism charges soon, based on their claim that white people are victims of reverse racism?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

edit: also which assholes are going to draw the "gun free zone" or "it wouldn't have happened if the good guys had guns" cartoons
Forget not this Lester in which even he admits a gun still can't save everyone. And Giffords get shot twice, which I imagine is no loss to Lester.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Speaking of Lester, his wife actually commented on his Women's March cartoon since a lot of goons commenters were calling him a wife-beater.

Please note that this goes against what was reported originally (he had been drinking and was upset she was going out, and he claims it was because she had a suspended license...?).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Katt posted:

Comment section.

Never, ever, ever read the comment section. Unless that delightful KenM is involved.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Vib Rib posted:

"They knew what they were getting into" is a pretty bad defense of harassment in the entertainment industry, where powerful people can make or break careers, but it's one that's been rolled out on the regular for far more egregious stuff than that.
I was saying "She knew what she was getting into" more in the sense that the whiskey footjob scene was probably in the script... But then I remembered that Maria Schneider didn't know about the butter scene and felt violated, and didn't realize she was "allowed" to refuse.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

Speaking of Lester, his wife actually commented on his Women's March cartoon since a lot of goons commenters were calling him a wife-beater.

Please note that this goes against what was reported originally (he had been drinking and was upset she was going out, and he claims it was because she had a suspended license...?).

Yeah sure...that's totally your wife, Mike. We definitely believe you.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

"My husband HAD to knock some sense into me, for my own good."
- Mike Lester's wife - Mike Lester, known wife beater.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
For those who want a refresher:

quote:

Mike Lester, editorial cartoonist for the Rome (Ga.) News-Tribune, was arrested and briefly jailed following on misdemeanor charges of battery and interfering with a 911 call stemming from a domestic dispute late Thursday night, according to the News-Tribune. Lester was released on bail Friday.

The 54-year-old Lester was arrested at his home after police officers arrived to find Lester?s wife, Regan, waiting outside with a minor wound on her elbow. The Web site RomeNewswire.com reported that Lester admitted that “he had been drinking on Broad Street and when he returned home he thought his wife was dressed to go out, which made him angry because she had been going out a lot lately. Regan Lester told police she had no intention of leaving the home.

“A struggle between the two individuals followed,” the story continued, “during which Michael Lester grabbed his wife and pushed her into a wall, causing a window in the front door to be broken. Regan Lester?s elbow was cut by the glass in the window.”

According to RomeNewswire, Lester told police that the struggle was the result of him trying to take his wife’s car keys away, because he thought she was trying to leave and she has a suspended license. He later admitted to police that he had grabbed his wife and thrown her cell phone out the door when she tried to call the police. Regan Lester later dialed 911 from her home phone.

Lester’s work is nationally syndicated by United Features and also appears on Cagle.com.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Something possessed me to reread Transmetropolitan.

It's not as funny now :barf:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Pants Donkey posted:

wow, the authenticity of the author's voice just leaps off the screen and hits you in the face