Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I always try to low temp dab. The flavor is better that way, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
same, it's more going heavy when I haven't got high all day vs hi temp (which will also tear my throat out half the time so yep)...anytime i ever purposely go hot it's almost always w/ distillate. i never use anything but quartz

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Everything I read while trying to figure this silliness online says 350 to 400f for weed. That's where all the stuff one actually cares about burns, supposedly.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I vape flower at 340, although my vape is cheap and old and tbh it's probably closer to 400. I try to dab at 450-550, but it's hard to he accurate. If I go too low I end up with half the dab still sitting at the bottom of the nail, but too high and it's harsh as gently caress and leaves gross black resin on the nail.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are there Teflon or Silicone scrapers that are rigid enough to be useful but malleable enough to bend to curved surfaces, while being made out of a material that extract wont stick to?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

Are there Teflon or Silicone scrapers that are rigid enough to be useful but malleable enough to bend to curved surfaces, while being made out of a material that extract wont stick to?

Are you trying to get reclaim out of a piece?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Are you trying to get reclaim out of a piece?

Well I'm jsut starting to dabble with concentrates, I have an Aspire 50w vape battery/nail and both an APX glass and Cerum ceramic atomizer. The coils themselves are quartz, just the outside is glass/ceramic. Standard poo poo.

But the glass is starting to get some buildup and it looks like I might be able to reclaim, but not with the sharp tip of a metal pokey thing, it's just not going to collect anything properly. Your post about getting buildup higher up on the glass got me wondering if there was like a purpose made extract scraper tool that worked like that miracle spill picker upper stuff:

https://i.imgur.com/jdHIwje.mp4

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
got a fresh slab o holy grail kush bho waiting 4 me

shiet taste like garlic butter sauce and will make u lazier than a drat baby

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Well I'm jsut starting to dabble with concentrates, I have an Aspire 50w vape battery/nail and both an APX glass and Cerum ceramic atomizer. The coils themselves are quartz, just the outside is glass/ceramic. Standard poo poo.

But the glass is starting to get some buildup and it looks like I might be able to reclaim, but not with the sharp tip of a metal pokey thing, it's just not going to collect anything properly. Your post about getting buildup higher up on the glass got me wondering if there was like a purpose made extract scraper tool that worked like that miracle spill picker upper stuff:

Generally those coils are too small to get much useful reclaim out of them. I go through around 3gs of oil/wax and usually get back maaaybe 2-3 decent dabs when I clean my entire glass rig and quartz banger out.

If you're gonna go for it, I use one of these and it gets the job done pretty well:

just google "spoon dabber" you can probably get them on Amazon or something.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Generally those coils are too small to get much useful reclaim out of them. I go through around 3gs of oil/wax and usually get back maaaybe 2-3 decent dabs when I clean my entire glass rig and quartz banger out.

If you're gonna go for it, I use one of these and it gets the job done pretty well:

just google "spoon dabber" you can probably get them on Amazon or something.

A similar tool came with the APX coil, but it has a short cylinder on one end and a spoony thing on the other. I meant the external glass though, that's where I am starting no see a bit of res buildup. The part sitting on the desk here:

I scraped at it a bit but I just wanted a magic one wipe solution to collect it all on the edge of something. Gonna see if I can do anything useful with some teflon cutting board cut into slim wedges.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i got so sick of electric portables going tits up on me per heavy medical use and poo poo luck (and inevitably dragging rear end on fixing them)...so a few months back i just decided to double down on DIY oil carts made from distillate (95% THC w/ natural terps) on a basic 510 pen, and its been a revelation at least in terms of a daytime solution - can't recommend that enough (tho ofc nothing compares 2 the rig)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A similar tool came with the APX coil, but it has a short cylinder on one end and a spoony thing on the other. I meant the external glass though, that's where I am starting no see a bit of res buildup. The part sitting on the desk here:

I scraped at it a bit but I just wanted a magic one wipe solution to collect it all on the edge of something. Gonna see if I can do anything useful with some teflon cutting board cut into slim wedges.

Oh, I gotcha. Probably a thing, straight thing like that can just scrape the whole side at once would do you best.

Alternatively you can soak it in iso alcohol and let it evaporate off afterwards, but I've always been a little nervous smoking that, I usually use it for edibles.

You can also probably hold the mouthpiece gently with a pair of small pliers and heat the glass with a regular lighter, it should drip right out. You might end up with black streaks on the glass if it gets too hot, though.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Please for the love of god respect your tolerance and take a break and go gentle, because after 10 days clean a single 10mg edible has me at peace and calm on a hell of a difficult work day and night

I can’t overstate how valuable a simple long break and spacing it out can make it as magical as it ever was time and again

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Black August posted:

Please for the love of god respect your tolerance and take a break and go gentle, because after 10 days clean a single 10mg edible has me at peace and calm on a hell of a difficult work day and night

I can’t overstate how valuable a simple long break and spacing it out can make it as magical as it ever was time and again

fk id love 2 but rn it's literally smoke everyday or die

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mariana Horchata posted:

fk id love 2 but rn it's literally smoke everyday or die

yyyyyeh

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The prescription from Dr. Dre is to smoke weed every day, and you definitely shouldn't change your medication without talking to your doctor or his qualified assistant, Nurse Dogg.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Weed from decades ago was poo poo bc they didn't know how to grow it properly. Sensimilla wasn't a thing.

You want weed like the 70s that grab you seeds from some brick weed sold by the Oz at a dispensary and grow your own. Idk why you'd want that though, it's not like you can't just smoke less of the high THC stuff?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

I loving hate the corporatization of weed

You hate capitalism

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 15, 2018

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

with a decent portable that does dry herb, you can take a few hits, then turn it off and vape the rest later. bad side effect though is that the flavor will disappear. to some people it reminds them of a sorta burnt popcorn flavor - doesn't matter if it's still green

this actually reminds me of when i read some reddit thread about vaping dry herb. some person said he dislikes vaping because when he tried out vaping the weed he got from his dealer, it just tasted like burnt popcorn. dude you were handed a bag of prevaped ground bud lol

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Moridin920 posted:

Weed from decades ago was poo poo bc they didn't know how to grow it properly. Sensimilla wasn't a thing.

You want weed like the 70s that grab you seeds from some brick weed sold by the Oz at a dispensary and grow your own. Idk why you'd want that though, it's not like you can't just smoke less of the high THC stuff?

George Washington practiced sensimilla. It's been around for a while.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
what would be cool is that people from around the world like mexico start again cultivating their local heirloom strains of cannabis and export it to the west where recreational weed is legal.

not only will these areas be able to develop economically, considering that cannabis is the most valuable cash crop there is, we would also be able to sample famous old cannabis varieties like acapulco gold that are grown in their original environs, so we can get the true terroir of the strain that you won't get from a factory grow.

there's plenty of scope for cannabis cultivation geared towards western consumers all across south and central america, asia, africa, and middle east.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
As long as I don’t get popcorn lung I don’t care what my vape weed tastes like really, as long as it gets me high

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

As long as I don’t get popcorn lung I don’t care what my vape weed tastes like really, as long as it gets me high

I don't think you get that from weed vapor

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
No one has ever gotten it from regular vaping either.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dude, just throw the dirty bits in some ethanol and make a tincture out of it. I've done that with a few disposable 510 carts that stopped producing vapor, as they leave a significant amount gooped around the wicks, and it does the trick.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dmitri-9 posted:

George Washington practiced sensimilla. It's been around for a while.

Of course but specifically weed growers in the 50s-80s didn't use it because they didn't really know wtf they were doing.

Just look at photos from High Times and whatnot back then. Stems, seeds, trash. Barely even trimmed right if at all.

But yeah it's not like people in 1500 couldn't have achieved the same or at least similar results if they gave a poo poo about cultivating it or had access to it.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 15, 2018

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fututor Magnus posted:

what would be cool is that people from around the world like mexico start again cultivating their local heirloom strains of cannabis and export it to the west where recreational weed is legal.

mexico still cultivates and exports a lot of weed, its already decriminalized for personal use and full legalization is likely within the next few years. also mexico is in "the west"

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

with a decent portable that does dry herb, you can take a few hits, then turn it off and vape the rest later. bad side effect though is that the flavor will disappear. to some people it reminds them of a sorta burnt popcorn flavor - doesn't matter if it's still green

I usually get three sessions (5-6 big hits) out of my vape. First session I go between 330-345F, which usually tastes amazing and gets me pretty high. Then I'll do another session from 360-380F, which still tastes good and I'll get high again. Then I'll do one last session around 400 (sometimes I'll bump it up a few degrees after each hit if I'm not getting much vapor, even up to 420), which tastes like lovely burned popcorn but will get me fuckin ripped.

I'm in love with this lil thing:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Earwicker posted:

mexico still cultivates and exports a lot of weed, its already decriminalized for personal use and full legalization is likely within the next few years. also mexico is in "the west"

Ellos tienen mota güey!

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Mozi posted:

yeah. there should be an effort to preserve old strains and genetic diversity, though.

There actually are people whose focus is on breeding that try to preserve old strains. A lot of what we have here in the US are strains that were imported from the area where they grew natively (India/Pakistan/South Asia, South Africa, Jamaica, Colombia/South America in general) decades ago. The seeds were used for breeding and continual crossing and recrossing here in the US, but rarely was any of the original stuff coming in anymore. So there are now people who go to the countries of origin to try to get seeds from the original, native strain of that area (which is called a "landrace strain") to preserve them and use them to breed new strains.

Here's a video about some of the Strain Hunters doing their thing. It's like playing Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, but with weed. It's one of my favorite Weediquette videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwRIZHOHBLE

Unfortunately, the one guy Franco died recently, as a result of his strain hunting.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I've watched their stuff and heard about that. Malaria sucks. It's important work though, you don't know what's irreplacable until you don't have it anymore.

There are other seed companies doing similar things. Ain't legal in my state till July though so... I'll have to wait.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Waterfall bongs are loving wonderfull

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
weed is illegal OP :ohdear:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Moridin920 posted:

You hate capitalism

Well yeah.

Personally I expect disposable oil pens to become the weed equivalent of mass-market beer. Actual herb has too many variables while oil can be made flavorless and homogeneous, just the way big companies like.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Well yeah.

Personally I expect disposable oil pens to become the weed equivalent of mass-market beer. Actual herb has too many variables while oil can be made flavorless and homogeneous, just the way big companies like.

I threw it away already but the cartridges I've been getting lately come in straight-up retail packaging, with a peg hook thing and a UPC code and everything.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

does everyone feel that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waterfall bongs are loving wonderfull

yea

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Well yeah.

But don’t vapes lack cbd abs terpenes etc?

I had a friend who complained weed going rec made it harder to find strains that help his anxiety since they’re mostly all trying to be 30% thc- he got one that was 15% and like 1% cbd and said it was like Xanax wo the horrible side effects

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Caganer posted:

But don’t vapes lack cbd abs terpenes etc?

I had a friend who complained weed going rec made it harder to find strains that help his anxiety since they’re mostly all trying to be 30% thc- he got one that was 15% and like 1% cbd and said it was like Xanax wo the horrible side effects

i've seen high cbd/low thc oils at stores in several legal states and on one of the main delivery services in northern california. and many dispensaries have a recreational menu and a medical menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Earwicker posted:

i've seen high cbd/low thc oils at stores in several legal states and on one of the main delivery services in northern california. and many dispensaries have a recreational menu and a medical menu
yep. I use eaze (because im lazy and i have the money to pay the extra 10% markup) and here's what they have for just CBD-heavy strains to begin with:

35% THC; 32% CBD
19% THC; 45% CBD
33% THC; 33% CBD
17% THC; 52% CBD
2% THC, 61% CBD

You can pretty much get exactly what you want in any proportion you desire which owns.

For those complaining that theres's too much THC, there's literally ones with 40% THC only, going all the way up to 80% THC. I'm sure you can find 90%+ if you want too. I just don't see "it's too strong now! I can't find CBD" arguments to hold any water