Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-13/old-morwell-power-station-attains-heritage-listed/9425526

quote:

The old Morwell Power Station and briquette factory, a derelict eyesore riddled with asbestos on the outskirts of the Latrobe Valley town of Morwell, has been granted heritage listing.

The site contains between 10,000 and 15,000 cubic metres of class A and B asbestos, mainly in the power station.
Asbestos Council of Victoria chief executive officer Vicky Hamilton wants to see all of the buildings demolished.
"It's a danger. The whole place is a toxic dump and it needs to be pulled down," she said.
The Latrobe Valley already has a high rate of mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.

The company Energy Brix Australia Corporation, which was the final operator of the site, went into liquidation in 2014.
"We only wanted to demolish the power station which is the building that contains the majority of the asbestos," Energy Brix remediation general manager Barry Dungey said.
Mr Dungey said it will cost $60-80 million to make the site safe. He said demolition was the cheaper option, coming in at about $25 million.
"My personal opinion is it's a failure of common sense," he said.
Mr Dungey said a buyer was interested in the site and would spend more than $100 million to establish a business to make high-value coal products, but only if the power station is demolished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Barnaby is taking a week off to spend more time with his family.

Which family

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Betoideae

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

snoremac posted:

Betoideae

Cyprinidae

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
a distended gut
a rosy red face
Tamworth's nut job
just got replaced

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
gently caress him up. drag his rear end.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/963993896412897281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What a masterful defence.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Murder your baby at Uluru
This one is so bizarre that I actually think I like it the best.

-/-

Maybe Malcolm could have answered faster if he had an NBN that actually worked.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Barnaby and Vikki
Laying in the sheets
N-U-T-T-I-N-G
First come affair
There goes traditional marriage
Now here comes APM Cormann, Barnaby disparaged

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

If you only watch one movie this summer, make it this one

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I, Butthole posted:

If you only watch one movie this summer, make it this one

"Google defines "Barnaby Joyce" as follows:"

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Aaaaand the vote of no confidence in Barnaby just got up in the senate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

“The Senate calls on the Deputy Prime Minister to resign from his position of Deputy Prime Minister of Australia for clearly breaching the standards required of Ministers; and if he does not resign, calls on the National Party to sack him as leader”

gets up.

It may be worth noting that while Bridget McKenzie and Barry O’Sullivan spoke in defence of Barnaby Joyce, no Liberal senators got up.

Ayes: 35

Noes: 29

It’s symbolic, as the senate can’t force his resignation. But it is not a great look.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/BevanShields/status/963999798104698880

Vote passed 35-29

Its happening!

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Thankyou mister Speaker I thank the honourable member for his question. I don't, uh, know the, uh- I don't recall the deputy prime minister advising me of that. Ah, the however he did of course provide advice in the normal way and early in, uh, h- (When was it, February?) I'm just checking, there was a- just very quite recently... He, he, placed on the mini- I just want to be, ah- clear, he's, he is, he filed a, uh, a ministerial, uh sorry, a, uh, member's interest statement, and uh one of the obligations is to do that under the, uh, under the ministerial standards. He's done that, and he disclosed that he had free accommodation in Armidale, uh, I- I think you'll find he did, uh, uh, yer... Well I- well I don't- I, I hesitate to uh- I hesitate to uh, to get into a debate... here, but uh... The... No, he's uh, he has, uh, no he has, uh... Look, the, in- in clause eleven of his statement he states, uh, post twelfth, (twelfth of February is it?) Alright, post election residual of six months tenancy of Armidale premises, uh, prior to that I was not aware he had rent free accommodation in Armidale.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Actually think that stuff like that Senate vote at this stage could help Barnaby, as it will make opposition to him look more partisan.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

Actually think that stuff like that Senate vote at this stage could help Barnaby, as it will make opposition to him look more partisan.

By the same token though no-one from the Liberals defended him prior to the vote of no confidence, only nationals. That's never a good sign when you coalition partner won't go into bat for you.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

It’s amazing that someone who clearly has such an agile understanding of technology can gently caress up the NBN so bad

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Dimebag posted:

By the same token though no-one from the Liberals defended him prior to the vote of no confidence, only nationals. That's never a good sign when you coalition partner won't go into bat for you.

Are they technically his partner?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Morwell station owns. I ride my bike down there and it's a super bit of industrial history.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedOzPol/status/964011101309386753

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

JBP posted:

Morwell station owns. I ride my bike down there and it's a super bit of industrial history.

It sounds totally loving toxic though. The person who nominated it for heritage says it could be a memorial for people who died of asbestos poisoning, but the non-profit asbestos council says it's more dangerous to try to get the stuff out than to just demolish it. What's the point of a memorial to people who died of the stuff, if you have to risk more people getting sick (in a few decades) to leave it standing

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Is It Happening?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
No the terrible hurt is not the real issue, the entitlements and nepotism and donated rent are the real issues.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is currently not happening.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

In memory of those who died please accept this toxic doom building

Turnbull is making a statement apparently about barnbaby joyce

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Gonna be ICAC they can control.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
LMFAO they're saying the Code of Conduct is at fault ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Hahah man did I overestimate that he was talking about the rampant corruption not the rampant staffer loving.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's not that he breached standards of getting a job for her and using his entitlements an travel allowances to go visit her and so forth

It's the workplace relationships that are at fault.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

rip your asbestos lungs

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats the hill they're going to die on

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
From this day forward, weak as piss.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

This code of conduct change mightn't make up for the poo poo Joyce was pulling but it does sound like the sort of thing that should've been in place a long time ago?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
They appeared to have learned nothing from uh

ChopperGate
SusanGate
NSWParliamentGate
MalBroughgate
help me out here there's gotta be loads more.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
A new code of conduct will appease absolutely no one.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I am not watching is he saying there should have been a sign saying don't do corrupt poo poo and as such banbaby did no wrong

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

AbortRetryFail posted:

I am not watching is he saying there should have been a sign saying don't do corrupt poo poo and as such banbaby did no wrong

Nah corruption has nothing to do with this, it's only about loving staffers.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Basic gist is, sexual harrassment is bad. I don't have the numbers to stay PM if I punish Barnaby in anyway. Therefore I am doing nothing really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I wanna see that sweet 2-3 point Newspoll drop this weekend mmmmm

• Locked thread