Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Madness! Valentine a spy? What's next, Mopsie is an anarchist and Figs is secretly talented?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Search the rooms for clues.

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

How about we not help the potentially crazy woman? Just a suggestion here.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

madness

Valentine has supporting evidence for her claims, while this woman just wants us to takes her at her word that Valentine is some crazy assassin?

Plus if she is a crazy assassin that bumps mean old primrose off, rory gets his money problem solved!

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

madness

Valentine has supporting evidence for her claims, while this woman just wants us to takes her at her word that Valentine is some crazy assassin?

Plus if she is a crazy assassin that bumps mean old primrose off, rory gets his money problem solved!

:same:

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Interrogate

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Bold probably helps in interrogations. But I’ll jump on the madness! train too.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Interrogate and hope that lets us confront Valentine with this directly.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
This woman has given us no proof whatsoever. Madness.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

quote:

"I see," she says. "I am not in the habit of asking twice. Very well, then. I shall not support your membership in the Inner Circle unless an apology is forthcoming. I only pray that your recalcitrance does not damage this household irrevocably."

She stands, puts her nose in the air, and walks out of the room, keys jingling.

You suppose, as that matter is taken care of, that it is time to join Rory outside with the others, and so you do.

quote:

All have assembled outside, and the white horses are being brought out and assigned to guests; traditionally, there would be a Master of the hunt, but Aunt Primrose, a very keen hunter since she was a young woman, has taken that responsibility upon herself. As a group of six servants, in hunting outfits, bring a pack of eager hounds out of the kennels, Aunt Primrose talks to each of them, stroking them and inquiring whether or not they are ready to catch a fox.

Col. Firesnuff talks to Mopsie, who is yawning without attempting to hide it, as he tells her about his adventures spelunking in Bechuanaland. Rory is talking to Carlington the butler and a man in a trench coat, with a police badge pinned to it, who listens closely to Rory and scribbles furiously in a small notebook with the word "CLUES" on the front.

The detective looks up as you arrive. "Inspector Ambrose," he says. "Nice to meet you. You must be Butler. No, no, don't ask how I figured it out. Deduction. Science of detecting, you know. I am here in a professional capacity, to find and bring to justice the infamous sneak thief 'Light-Fingered Lou'." He pauses and studies your features for a long time, before nodding slowly and tapping his chin.

"We will now have the customary glass of wine before setting out!" Aunt Primrose says, fairly skipping with excitement. "Everyone join me just over here by the fountain. We shall all drink to the success of our hunt, and enjoy a slice of cake in honor of my birthday!"

The fountain is a patinaed bronze sculpture of Sir Francis Drake holding a spyglass to his eye. The sculpture has been poorly cast, and the left side of Sir Francis's face aligns unevenly with the right side. Sparkling water flows out of the lopsided spyglass and into a basin held by the personifications of Fortitude and Temperance. It often comes up in conversation with you and Rory when either of you wishes to reach for a reference point for something unbelievably ugly or in bad taste.

You take a moment, as always, to marvel at just how ugly that fountain is.

"Are you Butler?" comes a voice slightly behind you. "You must be!"

You turn to see...

...an attractive woman in her twenties with black hair, dyed purple at the ends.
...an attractive man in his twenties with black hair, dyed purple at the ends.

Most current stats posted:

Reginald Butler

Your Sundry Skills
Bold: 64%
Culture: 25%
Intellect: 43%
Observe: 49%
Persuade: 47%
Skulduggery: 19%
Soothing/Abrasive: 28%/72%

Your Reputation
Renown: 51%
Tranquility: 18%
Suspicion: 10%
Invitation: 17% (-9%)

Rory: 55%
Valentine: 40%
Frankincense: 44%
Aunt Primrose: 21%
Col. Firesnuff: 34%
:siren: Haze: 37% :siren:
Mopsie: 100%

Ready Monies: 23

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A woman

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
A man

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Lady! and quite a striking one at that.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
A woman.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
A man

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Striking man

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

Lady! and quite a striking one at that.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Purple haired man sounds funnier.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

woman

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Woman with purple hair. So scandalous

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Man.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Woman

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Woman ♀.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

quote:

You have never seen anyone who looks like her, ever. Although she wears proper hunting togs, that seems to be her only nod to convention, as witnessed by her several ear piercings.

"I'm Haze," says the woman, stepping closer to you. "I was just chatting with Rory for a bit, and he mentioned that he had a valet named Butler, and here you are!"

"Yes," you say. "Pleased to meet you, Miss..."

"Just Haze is fine," she says. "Do you like hunting?"

"Not particularly."
"I adore it."
"I like your hair."

Reginald Butler

Your Sundry Skills

Your Reputation
Invitation: 17%

Haze: 37%

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I like your hair.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ratoslov posted:

I like your hair.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ratoslov posted:

I like your hair.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I adore it

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Ratoslov posted:

I like your hair.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Why yes, I do adore hunting.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Not particularly.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Depends on the prey. That hair is probably easy to follow. Unless it’s a wig.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I like your hair.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

quote:

"Well thank you very much," she says. "It's nice to be appreciated. It's just a passing whim. But it drives my family absolutely wild with rage, and so, of course, I must do it."

"And your earrings...does one ask in polite company whether one is a pirate?"

"Is this polite company?" Haze looks around. "I've heard about polite company. That is good to know. No, I'm not a pirate. Merely for fun. And, again, my family loathes it."

"And annoying your family is the goal, then?"

"A fringe benefit," she says. "But a crucial one. Although, to be quite honest, my appearance is the least of it. They would prefer that I stayed at home under the watchful eye of elderly household retainers, and learn household management until I inherit all sorts of money."

"I wonder if I know your family?"

"Possible but unlikely. I'm Haze Vermillion. My family has a thriving estate in Northumberland where we produce and export scenic, tourist-ready beauty by the wagonload every day."

"Ah, aristocrats. So you are the rebellious scion of a rich family, thrill-seeking, and so forth. I think I saw something like this in the moving pictures."

"Something like that," she says. "It's a glamorous life. Chasing off suitors. Spending wealth."

"I can imagine."

"Since you paid me a compliment, I shall offer you a chocolate. Would you care for a chocolate?" She holds up a small paper bag of chocolates.

"I apologize, but I really must be seeing to Mr. Wintermint now. Good day."
"None for me, thank you."
"I'll just take one."
"Why don't you eat one first?"

Reginald Butler

Your Sundry Skills

Your Reputation
Invitation: 17%

Haze: 37%

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
You eat one first. Flirt some more. :)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yes I will gladly eat this poo poo.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hell yeah.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Ladies first.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress Yes Mothafuckin' Chocolate Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I've heard about these edibles available at local stores now. Perhaps just one

• Locked thread