Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

being a dedicated healer isn't something that would work too well in a game of 'hordes of rats and irate football players are trying to kill you'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Johnny Joestar posted:

being a dedicated healer isn't something that would work too well in a game of 'hordes of rats and irate football players are trying to kill you'

who will heal my concussions then

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Statutory Ape posted:

does this game or the sequel have any healer types

As Kerillian's class skills preview shows, the Handmaiden gets a skill to recover people's stamina and bring them back from a downed without interruptions. One might suppose other characters might have support skills.

You can equip a trinket in 1 that heals people around you when you heal yourself, I guess?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Statutory Ape posted:

who will heal my concussions then

if the nfl is any clue: what concussion

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I suppose caving a rat's head in with a hammer does cause a concussion of sorts.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

soon we will finally get to experience a brand new, untainted generation of players who silently run off on their own and blame everyone else when they die

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

soon we will finally get to experience a brand new, untainted generation of players who silently run off on their own and blame everyone else when they die

Elf is, after all, apparently the most popular character.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

smh at plebs that can’t see the wonder of a mustachioed drunkard with an enormous floppy feathered hat. I think I’m gay for Kruber

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pretty good updated article on many of the changes and additions to V2. https://www.pcgamesn.com/warhammer-vermintide-2/vermintide-2-release-date-chaos-career-paths-gameplay-trailers

Vermintide: Fear the Nurgle

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I like being the angriest, most exasperated Witch Hunter in existence.

He is angry, angry about rats

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

ZearothK posted:

As Kerillian's class skills preview shows, the Handmaiden gets a skill to recover people's stamina and bring them back from a downed without interruptions. One might suppose other characters might have support skills.

You can equip a trinket in 1 that heals people around you when you heal yourself, I guess?

You'll heal yourself the way Sigmar intended, by decapitating a million rats with a bloodthirsty axe.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
As someone who hasn't played Vermintide 1, can someone tell me what 2 will improve, add or change or if there will be any PvP mode like left4dead.

I heard mixed things about the first.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
There's currently a beta with a non disclosure thing going on so info is sporadic, but so far impressions are very solid. It appears to be an improvement on the first game but I don't really have any more specifics aside from various previews elsewhere can tell you. The VT2 website is a decent thing to look at for information.

Mechanically, it looks fairly similar, tho what I've heard is that they've more or less refined what was already working. There's some new abilities that characters can use off cooldown, like shade kerillian being able to go invis and nocollide and walk behind rats and lop their heads off. I think they've also shifted traits off of weapons and into a character building sort of system. Didn't look that complex at a glance, but still looked interesting and hopefully will make things easier to get into since access to certain good perks is no longer dependent on the whim of the rng.

Aside from that, uh, there's more standard enemies, the most obvious being the Chaos nurgle boys but there's also new rats including the mythical rats with shields. More boss types foes other than the rat ogre. Promises of mod support, maybe a less hosed back end codewise but who knows. The biggest turnoff for most people afaik in VT1 was the loot system (either that it existed at all, or that it wasn't grindy enough ala payday 2) on but I haven't heard much of anything about how thats changed, other than assuming they revamped it since the devs felt it was a weakness of the first game.

They've said no PvP mode, though. Which is bad, but alas.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

actually...wait for it...........

wait for it...................

It's good!!!!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yay it appears I just got invited into the closed test.

Edit actually it appears anyone that pre ordered can play the closed test.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 15, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yay it appears I just got invited into the closed test.

Edit actually it appears anyone that pre ordered can play the closed test.

I got an email saying there will be two betas; a closed one starting on the 22nd that they'll send keys out for, and the pre-order beta on the 28th. Barring disaster, loot & levels will carry over from the latter.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sweet, i got into the technical test

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

good news everyone, it's the vermintide we know and love and there's a fuckton going on

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
is the closed test the same thing as the technical test?

either way, installing and crossing my fingers

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wait, the closed test for pre-orders is real? I can fight rat?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You can rat fight.

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Wait, the closed test for pre-orders is real? I can fight rat?

There is one going on now, but it doesn't seem to be exclusive to pre-orders. I haven't bought the game yet and I got invited.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Martout posted:

is the closed test the same thing as the technical test?

either way, installing and crossing my fingers

progress from the one that’s running now won’t get carried over, but progress in the Legit Preorder Beta that opens on the 28th or w/e should

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

dmboogie posted:

progress from the one that’s running now won’t get carried over, but progress in the Legit Preorder Beta that opens on the 28th or w/e should

lol "progress" who has time for that when there are rats to burn

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Martout posted:

lol "progress" who has time for that when there are rats to burn

Better weapons means you can kill even more rats faster! :science:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gealar posted:

There is one going on now, but it doesn't seem to be exclusive to pre-orders. I haven't bought the game yet and I got invited.

yeah, i'm gonna preorder the game later anyways but i haven't and i got invited due to the application i put in sometime last year when all that stuff was beginning

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

does this game or the sequel have any healer types

there's L4D style healing items all over, and heal on hit/heal on kill are two very prominent weapon traits. a dedicated healer would be bad in this game, and not good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The only true way to heal in this game is by cranking your ratman murderlust up so high that none of them ever touch you.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
i'll be waiting in the discord if anyone cares to join me

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I wish we could talk about how good it is to fight rats again.

It's still real good to fight rats again.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a lot of cool things i want to talk about, but yeah

it's pretty much vermintide 1 but there's more of everything and it feels great

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
I want to play more but my Rats playgroup is 2 of my friends and one of them hasn't been invited. Hasn't stopped the other guy from playing all day though.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
killing rats is good and right

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Ok, so what am I missing with shield guys, it just seems like I attack them to no effect and sometimes they die. Also I do not like the halberd, zweihander 4 lyfe.

PS: Game good

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Shields are for control. Power attacking with the shield will not damage many rats, but will stagger an infinite number of rats, and your shove becomes a shield bash which knocks enemies on their rear end, and will even stagger Stormvermin. If you get Devastating Blow on your shield your shove becomes a unique tier-4 shove that no other weapon can achieve (all other weapons get a tier-3 shove with devastating blow). Shoving at that level staggers rats for tons of time, clears tons of space, and can even cancel a stormvermin's giant overhead cleave. Basically shields let you keep everyrat locked down while your allies turn them into chunky salsa.

Shields can also block gunner bullets which is fun sometimes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think that was a question about vermintide 2

don't talk about specifics of vermintide 2

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Oh sorry. I don't have the V2 beta so yeah that was just V1 chat.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Actually please talk about vermintide 2

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

ive kinda already moved on and am looking forward to vermintide 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Statutory Ape posted:

ive kinda already moved on and am looking forward to vermintide 3

I heard it's going to be sick. They got rid of all non-elf characters.

• Locked thread