Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kalli posted:

What part of that was insecure? That's the smart thing to do and they go for it there more often then not.

Doesn't the kicker have a pretty good leg for a fifty yarder though? I'd think being down six would kind of weigh things a bit in favor of the FG in the situation although I can see where the wonky field conditions and multiple missed kicks/PAT might have leaned it heavily in favor of going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Zwabu posted:

Doesn't the kicker have a pretty good leg for a fifty yarder though? I'd think being down six would kind of weigh things a bit in favor of the FG in the situation although I can see where the wonky field conditions and multiple missed kicks/PAT might have leaned it heavily in favor of going for it.

Yeah, the kickers were having a hard time. And if you miss that FG, you give the Eagles not just a defensive stop but a short field for a hot offense.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Zwabu posted:

50yd FGs are definitely more common than they were 20 years ago, but they're still really far from a guaranteed thing

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
such an incredible offseason already

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Petey posted:

such an incredible offseason already

They asked, "How do you get people to shut up about how pissed off they are at Bill?" They chose to ambush McDaniels and give him whatever he asks for to convince him to ankle-breakingly juke the Colts. It's quite a story.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Hey guys, do you want to hear a joke?

The New England Patriots

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
On the train to the parade and I was just thinking about The Birds beating the "greatest quarterback of all time" (lol) with a backup QB. Lol, eat my poo poo New England

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/theshyduck/status/961621034452570113

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Put tom Brady in jail for child abuse

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Wife material.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/961758977498517504

lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Also lmao

https://twitter.com/garcia_650/status/961782496655392768

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
A good cartoon.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
the asterisk is the best part

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The final chapter of “Tom vs. Time” is delayed.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Time won.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Xir posted:

Time won.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Xir posted:

Time won.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

omg

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Still lolling hard.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Woke up today and had myself a good belly laugh about how the Patriots lost to the loving Eagles.

:feelsgood:

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I am glad the humiliation of the Patriots happened in beautiful Minnesota.

Also Bruins fans best Boston sports fans but a little too into old time hockey. Celtics second but also the most delusional (exhibit A: thinking midget Isiah Thomas was MVP material)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BUG JUG posted:

I am glad the humiliation of the Patriots happened in beautiful Minnesota.

Also Bruins fans best Boston sports fans but a little too into old time hockey. Celtics second but also the most delusional (exhibit A: thinking midget Isiah Thomas was MVP material)

The former couldn't stop calling Joel Ward the n word

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hi uh I have been laughing for a couple weeks straight now and my family is starting to get concerned.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey here's Tedy Bruschi lol

https://twitter.com/WillCainShow/status/963155075161083904

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Haha gently caress teddy bruschi and his overrated rear end

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I kinda wish that stroke had finished the job.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
the pats have only gone back to back once so the gently caress is he to give advice

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I kinda wish that stroke had finished the job.
daaaaaaamn girl

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

"It takes a lot more than end zone celebrations, dog masks and trick plays to go back-to-back. It also takes playing in the AFC East."

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yes I'm sure the Eagles were lazy goofballs this entire season and didn't work hard for their win! Millennials!! :argh:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It also owns that he's talking poo poo about trick plays in a Super Bowl where the Patriots attempted a drat near identical play.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/nfl/status/961472843832705025

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
just matched with a girl on tinder whose profile features a picture of her holding a sign that says "TOM BRADY WIPES BACK TO FRONT"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

just matched with a girl on tinder whose profile features a picture of her holding a sign that says "TOM BRADY WIPES BACK TO FRONT"

Marry her.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

It must have been devastating when jokes realized they were Tedy Bruschi.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Eifert Posting posted:

Hi uh I have been laughing for a couple weeks straight now and my family is starting to get concerned.

They should be concerned.

Concerned about their not laughing at the Patriots.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

While what he said is pretty dumb. He has a point, repeating is stupidly hard, look at the Hawks, everyone assumed that they would repeat as they looked unstoppable, and it took a miracle play to stop them. And since then, they havnt been back.
The NFC is suuuper stacked right now, a lot of pieces fell right for the Eagles this year. While I dont agree with his "It takes a lot more than end zone celebrations, dog masks and trick plays to go back-to-back.", it has some truth, the Eagles rode a wave of "No one believes in us" and it motivated them to a stupid degree, they were also an insanely good team that probably didnt need that motivation but it lit a loving fire under them. But this year, they arent the underdogs, and there is a lot of expectation on them now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Well sure but it's also impossibly Boston petty to look at someone who beat you and then go "ha I bet you don't have what it takes to do it TWICE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

While what he said is pretty dumb. He has a point, repeating is stupidly hard, look at the Hawks, everyone assumed that they would repeat as they looked unstoppable, and it took a miracle play to stop them. And since then, they havnt been back.
The NFC is suuuper stacked right now, a lot of pieces fell right for the Eagles this year. While I dont agree with his "It takes a lot more than end zone celebrations, dog masks and trick plays to go back-to-back.", it has some truth, the Eagles rode a wave of "No one believes in us" and it motivated them to a stupid degree, they were also an insanely good team that probably didnt need that motivation but it lit a loving fire under them. But this year, they arent the underdogs, and there is a lot of expectation on them now.

On the other hand, they will be adding the best young QB in the NFL to a roster that just won a Super Bowl with a backup.