Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i distinctly remember a jason altmire ad in 2010 where he said 'when congress voted to build a border wall, jason was there to insist it was made with american steel'

altmire was a western PA dem who came in on the 06 wave, can't remember if he was an official blue dog but he was def pretty conservative, became a health insurance exec in florida after he lost his seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

remember when Jason Kander assembled a gun blindfolded and lost to a guy that hasn't lived in Missouri for 20 years during a change election

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lmao

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

How dare you question Mother's incredible strategery.

you don't really think it's just 'strategy' do you

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
god drat america

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Office Pig posted:

you don't really think it's just 'strategy' do you

No, I'm lampooning posters like evilweasel who are weirdly emotionally invested in believing that Pelosi is on their side and knows what she's doing.

Also "strategery" is a classic Bushism that I miss using.:w00t:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Majorian posted:

Also "strategery" is a classic Bushism that I miss using.:w00t:

simpler times

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

to be fair russia did help fund the nra

but yeah its most about legal corruption being the problem. if interest groups couldn't buy politicians then this wouldn't even be an issue.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
RUSSSIA!!!!!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
everything about US politics is so loving stupid and infuriating i can't even think straight

how do you defect to cuba

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

god drat america

i'm writing in jeremiah wright in every election from now on

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
border wall bad

Rodatose has issued a correction as of 20:39 on Feb 15, 2018

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

wow

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

lol the VIX got wiped out in 2 days what does it matter if its back

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop: :popeye:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

:ck5:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

oh my god

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

took me a while but wow, whoa

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkBqOmelX28

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

remember when Jason Kander assembled a gun blindfolded and lost to a guy that hasn't lived in Missouri for 20 years during a change election

Well at least he was prepared for that eventuality.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

anime was right posted:

for most people who would swing vote or fluctuate turnout (working-class whites in this case) the economy has mostly improved for them since 2008 even if it's nowhere near where it was in the 70s.

I'm not really sure about this, unless you're talking about an insignificant amount of improvement. I think that any sort of significant improvement is more or less limited to the top ~20-30%. What wage growth has occurred is likely offset by the increase in prices for necessities (which make up a greater portion of expenses for lower to median income Americans).

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:popeye:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anime was right posted:

to be fair russia did help fund the nra

but yeah its most about legal corruption being the problem. if interest groups couldn't buy politicians then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Actually I'm gonna disagree and say inserting Russia in to loving everything is a big problem and it is impossible to take seriously anyone who does that.

School shooting... PUTIN DID THIS

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

The democrats are so toxic and weak in red/reddish states that the entire establishment there could probably be put to the blade by even a half-assed insurgent movement.

There is no need to put a Cholera victim the democratic establishment to the sword. Just leave them alone and they'll die off on their own.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
russia is good

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Russia did 9/11.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
russia is actually very bad, and the us resembles it more every year

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

In other news: lol we are actually gonna build the wall. I 100% assumed it was just a joke to get the racists to come out to vote. lmao this loving country is doomed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thoguh posted:

Actually I'm gonna disagree and say inserting Russia in to loving everything is a big problem and it is impossible to take seriously anyone who does that.

School shooting... PUTIN DID THIS

i mean they literally did funnel funds to the nra but like i said, bigger fish to fry.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Its from somewhere on twitter btw, gj whoever it was I saved it while I was walkin arount

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol democracy for america sent me an email from tom steyer asking me to sign his dumb impeachment petition

how did dfa even get my email addresd

what even is democracy for america

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Shear Modulus posted:

what even is democracy for america

A miserable little pile of secrets!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So the Dems can shut down the government again or what?

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

PostNouveau posted:

So the Dems can shut down the government again or what?

It doesn't matter if they can if you know in your heart of hearts that they won't.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Like seriously, last time right before the shutdown deadline the dow started tanking and they immediately caved on the thing they were not supposed to cave on. Its almost as if someone else has their ear and they are completely unable to ignore that voice.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Tiberius Christ posted:

lol the VIX got wiped out in 2 days what does it matter if its back

The what

Also, people might wanna take a look at Lives Worth Living, which is a documentary about Disability activism. Which was way more radical than you might've known, they occupied government buildings and dragged themselves up the capitol steps without wheelchairs or crutches and chained themselves together in the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

everything about US politics is so loving stupid and infuriating i can't even think straight

how do you defect to cuba

build a raft

• Locked thread