Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Been making my way through Monstress last night and today and would definitely recommend . The story's pretty engaging and takedas art is loving gorgeous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I know rhyno mentioned this before but gently caress i hope uber lands somewhere

https://twitter.com/stevewmorris/status/961724818960867328

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Uber's sales must surely be okay? Going purely off the amount of discussion I see about it and knowing these kind of titles don't need to move Big 2 numbers to be profitable...

Pancakes posted:

WicDiv and a new run of Incognegro? Today wasn't so bad after all.

For a fraction of a second I thought Brubaker might finally be finishing Incognito, and for another fraction of a second maybe he would be finishing it just with the protagonist race swapped

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uber: Invasion #10 sold 3880 copies to stores. That's not good even by indie standards. I think Avatar owns the IP, but I could be wrong. If not, Gillen certainly has enough pull to get someone else to publish.

Edit: I asked Gillen's Tumblr what's going on with #11 and his response was "I'll have a chat to Avatar."

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 9, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

im going to get a little mad if that means Uber never get wrapped up

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Avatar constantly loving up on the online side with uber makes a lot more sense if they just dont give a poo poo since they're closing

and yeah extremely this

Synthbuttrange posted:

im going to get a little mad if that means Uber never get wrapped up

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hmm. Not a peep of the rumors regarding Avatar running on Bleeding Cool at all. Guess Rich isn't quite ready to touch that one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
rich is literally in that thread trying to bet people money on it not closing lol

https://twitter.com/richjohnston/status/961745789231026176

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cinema Purgatorio ending would be a shame, I feel like some of the serials in that comic (Vast, in particular) have only just gotten into the meat of their premise and have a lot more wax to burn.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Urgh, I guess this is why there's no sign of Uber: Invasion appearing as TPBs. Awful news!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I have a BKV signed 1st run #1 of Y - The Last Man

Is that worth anything?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I have a BKV signed 1st run #1 of Y - The Last Man

Is that worth anything?

It'll probably end up being worth a bit if any of the various TV/movie options end up going anywhere someday, if the various $100+ The Walking Dead #1s I see around the shops are any indication.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I have a gut feeling that there's a 50/50 chance the TV series won't get off the ground if it hasn't already. The only thing giving me hope is BKV being all over TV land lately and being in cahoots with Hulu for Runaways.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
So, quick question guys (sorry if this is not the right thread, but I see it's an indie comic recommendation thread):

I have money to buy only either the 2 Saga HC volumes, or the 2 Wicked/Divine HC volumes so...wich ones should I get? Never read any of those 2, but I'm obviously a fan of Y:The Last Man and Private Eye. So, wich ones do yo recommend?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Saga no contest

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How about one of each?
Or spend $3 to get the first issues of each on Comixology and see what grabs you.

edit: Consider Paper Girls too :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 13, 2018

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Saga is the better choice imo. I'm a long time reader of Saga and just started on Wicked/Divine.
Saga has been far more consistent in quality and has a much more interesting story. W/D's story is a slow burn and has a radical shift after the second tpb when the artist changes, which I felt killed its momentum.

Koburn fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 13, 2018

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
Thank you very much! Saga will be then!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Why not just volume one of both series?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Koburn posted:

Saga is the better choice imo. I'm a long time reader of Saga and just started on Wicked/Divine.
Saga has been far more consistent in quality and has a much more interesting story. W/D's story is a slow burn and has a radical shift after the second tpb when the artist changes, which I felt killed its momentum.
WicDiv Vol. 3 was a one-off to give McKelvie a break, but he's back after that. It's not a change, and the guest artists are quite good. Like, I dunno, Saga gets really slow a few volumes in. It felt like they were stuck on that asteroid or whatever for forever

I'm going to break from then consensus and say WicDiv is better than Saga. Though I do like Saga, and it's arguably more creative.

But yeah, why not a volume of both?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Saga started so good for me but then after 2 volumes or so it now feels completely aimless and just spinning wheels until he figures out what he wants to do with the story.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WicDiv also currently seems to be heading towards its conclusion, which I can't say about Saga. Not that that's a point for or against, but I get the feeling Gillen and McKelvie have a better idea of where they're going than Vaughn and Staples.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Saga started so good for me but then after 2 volumes or so it now feels completely aimless and just spinning wheels until he figures out what he wants to do with the story.

I would agree with this. The time jump / drug addiction story was awful. Then it gets better, and then you see a dragon getting itself off... I feel like Saga lives on hype, and a solid first 12 issues.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think Saga made it pretty clear what kind of story it was going to be. It was never meant to be an epic Romeo and Juliet story, but a simply a story about growing up during wartime.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

and autofellatio

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

and everyone just kidding around until someone says gently caress and then you know something serious is happening.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Happy Black Monday Murders Day!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Final issue of Invincible is pretty gewd.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sanford posted:

Urgh, I guess this is why there's no sign of Uber: Invasion appearing as TPBs. Awful news!
FYI: Diamond says it's shipping to comic stores next week (Amazon's listing doesn't have it coming until July). You're probably not finding it since they're just calling is Uber Vol. 6 rather than Uber: Invasion Vol. 1.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Robot Danger posted:

Happy Black Monday Murders Day!

I love this book but its release schedule is so haphazard I always have to reread the whole run before the new issue. This is both a good and bad thing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've been coming around to the idea of just trade waiting pretty much everything Image puts out because of the release schedules and hiatus.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Final issue of Invincible is pretty gewd.

So which way did he go? Did he kill everyone in a ridiculous gore filled finale or did he try to be clever and think it would be a big twist to give everyone a happy ending? I can’t really see it ending any other way with Kirkman writing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

So which way did he go? Did he kill everyone in a ridiculous gore filled finale or did he try to be clever and think it would be a big twist to give everyone a happy ending? I can’t really see it ending any other way with Kirkman writing.

Pretty positive / happy ending, all things considered. Final issue, anyways. The last dozen or so which was the final arc / battle had a gently caress ton of gore and death. This was more of an epilogue / sendoff to everyone that’s alive.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 15, 2018

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I liked the last issue of Invincible. It brought back both the series' regular artists and did a clever thing by speeding through the lives of its characters to see what happens. It felt like a film montage, but the panel composition on some of the pages was very clever for showing parallels between different stages of life which made excellent use of the comics medium.

I think Kirkman is not very good at writing dialogue but he is pretty good at pacing a story and now he's proved he can provide a satisfying conclusion.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Only one jaw got punched off.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Atom Eve being immortal feels like a cheat, but I can dig it. Mark gets the life that Cyclops and Spider-Man and Superman don’t (usually).

The Viltrumites adapting the blue and yellow was good. Feels a lot more earned than the Wolf Corps thing that kinda came out of nowhere at the end of Astounding Wolf-Man and never got brought up again.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Definitely a cheat. Not a totally horrific one though since the comic ends shortly thereafter and it can't be run into the ground by the writer.

Quit reading Invincible a while ago and then waited for the finale arc to all come out so I could finish it quickly. Honestly way better than I expected. Before that some of the stuff was getting pretty crappy, but it tied up nicely and with enough details to not make it feel hollow or lacking.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/status/964782246510120962

Those are some creators (and Kevin Smith)

He probably should have launched it as a Lemire/Risso comic with the news of further rotating wonder teams. #1 is coming out this week with Millar as writer and does anyone care?

I mean, this guy's getting an arc. I might have to buy some Hit Girl comics.
https://twitter.com/kimjunggidirect/status/933693323759489024

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 17, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Followup on Uber's digital release woes

'Any updates on Uber Invasion #11 on Comixology?'

'Hopefully before issue 12 drops, and it’s hopeful that issue 12 will come out properly. There’s basically some pipeline issues which should be solved by then.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
caught up on the last two issues of Black Monday Murders. nice to have some movement of things outside of the internal politics of the investment banks. art is loving fantastic, really good, better than anything in the series to date and the art has been uniformly very good

ĥ̨̫̤͈̥̞̱̽̅̉́̂̏͐ͅả̶͚͕̜͍͔͍̼̇̏͆̎̂͊́͜͢į̞̱̗͓̭̔̉͗́̅̊̉̎͆͂l̶̨̧̩̘̭̹̠̭̻͓̑̽̐͑̓́͛̔́̏ m̸̛͓̝̜͚̟͌̐̐̔̍̿͑͗a̶̠͎̠̬̬̰͌̅̾̀̉͜͞m̸̛͙̪͇̯͕̂̈́̈͛̄͜͞͞m̨͉͓̤̠̫̳͓̤̄̇͌̓̒̎͆̇͘ō̫̠͎̝̩͓͈̮͍͔̓̈́͊͑̔̈̚n̢̧̝̣̺̬͆̇̒̍́