Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
A lot of of the regular Xbox squad doesn't plan anymore. I play regularly still, gt is TheGohnComplex.

Game probably plays different because of the new weapon time to kill patch, it made things more twitchy and you die faster. Needs a bit more cautious play style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Laminator posted:

A lot of of the regular Xbox squad doesn't plan anymore. I play regularly still, gt is TheGohnComplex.

Game probably plays different because of the new weapon time to kill patch, it made things more twitchy and you die faster. Needs a bit more cautious play style.

Any of the old squad planning on picking up Sea of Thieves? Beastie? Fastest? Duck?

New BF game out this year, hopefully DICE learns from the boring noobfest BF1 turned out to be.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Kind of but I think I’m the only one that plays in BUTT clan

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I play with BUTT and await the day dickbutt gets reported into oblivion

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I’ve been proudly repping dickbutt since clans were created in BF1 and it’s yet to be reported.

Sturdy
Apr 24, 2008

I’ve gotten back into BF1 in the past couple months and play most days for an hour or two after I get the kids to bed. 7-9 eastern. Pwnwall on Xbone. I’m also a member of the Butt clan. It doesn’t happen often but I find it amusing when I get messages from other players telling me how offensive the emblem is.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

loving lol at these new dogtag unlocks

"Destroy an airplane with a tripwire-HE"

"In a life, perform 25 kills with a dud club"

"Destroy a Behemoth with a Kolibri"

Now if there were only any servers functioning...

Well, my first impression is that there is an incredible amount of stuttering and lag every time I encounter another player or something happens, so that's nice.

Laminator fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 20, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm up to 77 unique service stars! I think I have a problem.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Had one of those rare, magical rounds where almost the entire team were medics and supply, where we just kept washing over the other team like a tidal wave, constantly reviving and supplying in an endless force of grenades and troops. When the game is good, its really good.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
One of these days I really ought to tear myself away from launching C4-laden buggies at tanks in BF4 and start playing BF1.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

HEY GUYS YOU'LL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT DICE INCREASED RIBEYROLLES RECOIL, AND MADE THE HELLRIEGEL AND AUTOMATICO BETTER AT RANGE

BECAUSE THAT loving GUN REALLY NEEDED ANOTHER GOD drat BOOST

Like the patch notes explicitly state they reduced the Ribeyrolle's ability to "mag dump" - because that's not the ENTIRE loving ISSUE with the Automatico and Hellriegel. I seriously can only fathom that the reason for this continual bullshit is to keep the Call of Duty crowd pleased or something, because the community is never asking for these weapons to be improved.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Laminator posted:

HEY GUYS YOU'LL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT DICE INCREASED RIBEYROLLES RECOIL, AND MADE THE HELLRIEGEL AND AUTOMATICO BETTER AT RANGE

Like the patch notes explicitly state they reduced the Ribeyrolle's ability to "mag dump" - because that's not the ENTIRE loving ISSUE with the Automatico and Hellriegel. I seriously can only fathom that the reason for this continual bullshit is to keep the Call of Duty crowd pleased or something, because the community is never asking for these weapons to be improved.

The community probably has an average of 100 stars each with the hellriegel, and they probably put in a service ticket every time they get killed. It's like in bf4 when the never-leave-the-spawn-with-the-long-range-sniper-rifle crew complained to :dice: until they nerfed the UCAV.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
It's a real shame SMGs are in the game at all. The setting allows for weapon design that is genuinely different from most FPS games but they went ahead and added 30-60 round full auto basically-an-assault-rifles to keep scrubs happy. They are the least interesting guns in the game and just serve as a crutch for people who aren't interested in trying anything new.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sunday at work posted:

It's a real shame SMGs are in the game at all. The setting allows for weapon design that is genuinely different from most FPS games but they went ahead and added 30-60 round full auto basically-an-assault-rifles to keep scrubs happy. They are the least interesting guns in the game and just serve as a crutch for people who aren't interested in trying anything new.

Yeah it also just thrusts the game into the generic "modern warfare post machine-gun" Era that everyone is familiar and comfortable with and while that's great for making money its boring. As. gently caress.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't even understand how someone can have 100+ service stars with a single weapon. How is that not insanely boring? I have 13,000 kills in BF1 and the most kills I have with a single gun is 239. I would have quit or went insane if I had been using the same loving gun for 120+ hours. That's mental.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It looks like they made a pretty big balance pass over all of the Russian operations maps. Most notably they removed artillery trucks completely from Galicia and Brusilov, thank god

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Laminator posted:

I'm reading the patch notes right now and the only thing it says about the hellregiel is that it will take longer to aim down sight. The automatico seems to have been slightly buffed though. Also keep in mind that bursting the ribeye was buffed, only spamming it full auto was nerfed.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

wow the stuttering and lagging makes the new levels unplayable.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The stuttering’s in the base game maps as well. Geez Dice

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
The lag spikes since the last update has made it nearly unplayable.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Yeah I've heard it's particularly bad for ps4. Probably won't play until dice patches that poo poo.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Holy poo poo yes. If you put down a supply crate, it stutters every time it resupplies. Same for medic crates. Same for basically anything that gives you points. It stutters for a loving spot assist. This is unplayable, great job :dice:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Slide got nerfed, good loving riddance.

Guillermus posted:

That was great, melee kills from the front were retarded. Having to bash someone's skull a few times before getting the kill animation isn't bad aswell.
Revolver + high-damage melee weapon = Facestab combo.

Now with Slink, it's even easier!

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 21, 2018

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, since the weapon balance patch I've been playing less and less. SMGs are way too good at medium range now, LMGs feel worse... Sure, you need one less bullet to kill but they made it hard to land these shots overall on most weapons. The Chauchat is like a battle rifle but that's about it.

The whole TTK patch made most SMGs just meat blenders and netcode is still garbage.

Not complaining since I paid 35€ for the complete edition and I've put 250+ hours on it but unless I adapt soon to the patch I may just play BF4 again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I played for a few hours last night and didn't experience a single stutter or lag spike. :shrug:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Lube Enthusiast posted:

The stuttering’s in the base game maps as well. Geez Dice

I'm glad to know it isn't just me.

Re: the new maps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NBfJ9AIP8
Passchendale is basically the ruined part of St. Quinten Scar, spread across the whole map

River Somme is basically the nice part of St Quinten Scar with a bunch of trenches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA4ZQ_fjZdk
Caporetto is really really pretty

You can see the stuttering in both of those videos

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The new maps seem fine, but why the hell is there no behemoth??!?

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I think my biggest question is why is there no Operations or Frontlines? Conquest Assault is boring, and conquest in this game is weird to begin with.

I feel really let down by this DLC, They Shall Not Pass was great and the content after that has been more poopy each release, now culminating in this laggy stuttering mess :/ why EA, why would you do this to DICE

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Laminator posted:

conquest in this game is weird to begin with.

How so? Conquest IS Battlefield.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

I've played over 400 hrs in this game and still don't fully understand how ticket drain happens in this game's Conquest. Conquest ticket drain in BC2, BF3/4 was a lot easier to understand. I'd also argue that the maps in BF1, especially the base game, are Operations designed and play best on that, just like BC2 was Rush based and BF3/4 were more Conquest focused.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5ri0db/the_new_conquest_and_domination_scoring_system/

Basically you lose a ticket every time you respawn, and the more flags your team holds, the faster the opposing teams tickets bleed.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Laminator posted:

I'd also argue that the maps in BF1, especially the base game, are Operations designed and play best on that, just like BC2 was Rush based and BF3/4 were more Conquest focused.

So many straight shots right into the other team with one point no one bothers with way the hell off in the distance.

If anything it's worse with a lot of the DLC maps where they don't even have the way out point. The game really did peak with the French DLC

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

red19fire posted:

Holy poo poo yes. If you put down a supply crate, it stutters every time it resupplies. Same for medic crates. Same for basically anything that gives you points. It stutters for a loving spot assist. This is unplayable, great job :dice:

This is just how they're nerfing team players. Soon everyone will just be hellreigel only.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

RCarr posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5ri0db/the_new_conquest_and_domination_scoring_system/

Basically you lose a ticket every time you respawn, and the more flags your team holds, the faster the opposing teams tickets bleed.

quote:

On a 5 flag map if your team has:

1 flag, your team gains one point every 5 seconds

2 flags, your team gains one point every 3,875 seconds

3 flags, your team gains one point every 2,75 seconds

4 flags, your team gains one point every 1,625 seconds

5 flags, your team gains one point every 0,5 seconds

On a 6 flag map if your team has:

2 flags, your team gains one point every 4,1 seconds

3 flags, your team gains one point every 3,2 seconds

4 flags, your team gains one point every 2,3 seconds

5 flags, your team gains one point ever 1,4 seconds

6 flags, your team gains one point ever 0,5 seconds

On a 7 flag map if your team has:

2 flags, your team gains one point every 4,25 seconds

3 flags, your team gains one point every 3,5 seconds

4 flags, your team gains one point every 2,75 seconds

5 flags, your team gains one point every 2 seconds

6 flags, your team gains one point every 1,25 seconds

7 flags, your team gains one point ever 0,5 seconds

Oh OK

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are you being sarcastic? It's pretty straightforward. More flags = Faster ticket drain. There's no need to memorize exactly how many seconds it takes to drain one ticket on a particular map or anything.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I always thought it was pretty straightforward. More flags = more ticket bleed, more kills = more ticket bleed. :shrug:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Played a couple rounds of conquest last night. Didn't have any stuttering issues, but I did see a couple of guys on the other team stuttering/rubberbanding around while I was shooting at them.

Passchendale is cool. River Somme is a turkey shoot at the beginning, drat. If you're on the defending side it's murdertown until the attackers manage to break through - even though they had tanks rolling, we managed to hold them off for quite a while last night.

Is the med pack/ammo pack toss super janky now? I remember it was touchy at launch, but now it seems like I have to MASH BUTON a dozen times to resupply/heal someone.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh wait they added new maps with the patch? I didn't even realize because my friends are too cheap to buy premium (even when it was on sale for like $17), even though they will gladly put hundreds of hours into this game.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I played some of the aircraft-only game mode and I am loving terrible with planes. I played a 12 minute game and scored 3 points. I really do not get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

venutolo posted:

I played some of the aircraft-only game mode and I am loving terrible with planes. I played a 12 minute game and scored 3 points. I really do not get them.

Yeah I am absolutely terrible with them. I use planes to fly across the map and bail so I can back cap points. That's about it.