Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

100 free fire resist on chieftain makes it look easy to itemize, though it's not near the power of a extra 8% elemental resistance in some other ascendancy.

Maybe it'll finally make the Xoph Helmet good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nightwisher posted:

Gloomfang shield toss with max chain deadeye. New meta confirmed.

to be a meta the item has to be obtainable. This staff is that "8 people" item. So good luck!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

to be a meta the item has to be obtainable. This staff is that "8 people" item. So good luck!

Swing and a miss, try again, I was talking about the shield toss skillgem :v:

Also lol cmon dude do you sincerely believe the encounter will be literally exclusive to twitch no-life streamers? GGG constantly overstate the difficulty of their end-game content, I watched the fight and it looks difficult but not impossible by any means.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

They said the fight was designed to murder HC players (the bullet hell phase with no shield could be super rippy for example). SC should be pretty common to get, unless we're talking like... atziri acuity's level of difficulty/rarity. Who knows besides the devs what the details are though.

Also gloomfang is a 1c unique that's not too hard to get off of an elder guardian.

Also man, spectres need to be nerfed or something, just hit level 94 in HC, did all the guardians besides minotaur with a brightbeak (gonna have to farm up a scourge or something though, it's slower than I'd like with solar guards as it is), and all that's left is to try and get ahead of rodent on the ladder before the end of the league.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There will no doubt be some absurdly high defense/boss melter build that will have it on farm with a tabula, but I love the chaos of the dozen different effects going on all over the place.

Main thing that will drive up the cost immensely is the amount of time it will take to spread elder influence to all 4 guardians each time you want to attempt it and then to have 4 shaper fragments, don't even know if the elder will move to the guardians/shaper if he shows up elsewhere either.

But we saw the elder taking over the guardians and shaper realm in the war of the atlas trailer, it's about time he can actually do that now.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The league ends in 2 weeks. I just got my first T15 elder spawn. Extrapolating from that, you should see uber elder in roughly a billion years

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Pokemon league looks interesting compared to the Step Into a Mob Spawner and New Currencies leagues we've had

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Finally filled out my Atlas. gently caress you Hall of Grandmasters. Never doing that again.

Wish I hadn't wasted my Mortal set a while ago, because I think I could do it now and gently caress are they expensive :smith:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
That Fox's Fortune armor looks kinda cool. I like evade mechanics that work like that, especially Kintsugi.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What's gonna happen next league will be some people will figure out the usual boss murdering build that can afk in their strongest attacks and melt healthbars instantly, but because the uber elder will be such a pain to spawn you'll have to have people selling portals to the uber elder when he shows up on their atlas, or guilds setting up the fight for the farmer to go in and do his thing.

Will probably be between a couple exalt or 50c + your map fragments just to use someone else's map device to fight him.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I wonder if summoners who want to capture pokemons have to run up ahead of their spectres to do the net thing before the monster gets deleted. I hope not.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Unlucky means rolls twice and pick lowest, right? In Fox's Fortune's case is that just the damage roll itself or other rolls that occur when an enemy is damaging you? How does it (or does it at all) affect DoTs?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes
Just the damage value, if it works like Lori's Lantern

quote:

While a character equipped with Lori's Lantern is on low life, enemies are unlucky when damaging the character. This only influences damage rolls; it has no effect on an enemy's chance to hit or land a critical strike on the character.
Pretty sure there aren't any DoT sources that have a variable roll to them, so no effect

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Feb 16, 2018

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

I wonder if summoners who want to capture pokemons have to run up ahead of their spectres to do the net thing before the monster gets deleted. I hope not.

how they handle the capture mechanics (aoe/timer/castspeed) is gonna make or break this league. Although that is presumably fixable without much effort. So it'll be good after a few patches hopefully.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
There's some extra info floating around, from articles and such, like this new quiver:

Generates 1 charge per second.
From: https://www.gamepedia.com/news/1631-path-of-exile-bestiary-brings-beast-hunting-new

Dunno how accurate the info is, as the article in question claims Rage is capped at 100 when the info on PathofExile says it's 50, so take it with a grain of salt I guess.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So.

What map is everyone going to make T16?

T16 beach maps? upgrade a map with specific drops for ilvl 86 +3 minion level bone helmets or high ilvl +damage gloves?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm guessing people will do T16 Vault just for farming purposes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Whatever has the best cards or whatever has the best sextants

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

and all that's left is to try and get ahead of rodent on the ladder before the end of the league.

lmao :v:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So.

What map is everyone going to make T16?

I probably won't since uber shelder looks horribly hard. But I'd guess the popular choice will be whatever you can shove the most white sextants next to

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh man, I'm just starting to get bored with Monster Hunter, but Path of Monster Hunter sounds sweet.

I like the Elementalist write up on the last page, I almost never play a Witch but thought I would last league. Looked at that Ascendancy and was just like, "WTF is this".

J
Jun 10, 2001

nightwisher posted:

Also lol cmon dude do you sincerely believe the encounter will be literally exclusive to twitch no-life streamers? GGG constantly overstate the difficulty of their end-game content, I watched the fight and it looks difficult but not impossible by any means.

Yeah every time any game dev says "hey guys this content is super hard nobody is going to be able to do it" it usually doesn't work out that way unless the content is bugged or mathematically not possible.

I'm thinking the rarity and price of the drops from the uber elder fight are going to be more dictated by how much of a pain in the rear end it is to access rather than the fight being too hard. I'm guessing if you have to chase elder all over the atlas and kill him many times for 1 attempt, all of his poo poo will be ridiculously expensive because that will involve loving up your own atlas badly. Barring changes to atlas mechanics, I just can't imagine uber elder farming being more profitable than farming a good map on a well shaped atlas with a constant elder/shaper influence on it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm just thinking it'll be around par with Uber Atziri. A fight that is mechanically heavy and demanding on your gear/skill, gated behind enough stuff that it'll be a pain to get there yourself and thus blocking a huge portion of the playerbase.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
so basically gating the majority of the difficulty of uber elder behind time(good luck rnging into a t15 elder within a reasonable amount of time) to benefit twitch streamers instead of skill. Sounds good!

I do hope they make it so if the uber dies you you can't go kill him again if the map owner doesn't kill him. Otherwise you'll never want to clear out your t15 spawned elder.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm hoping you just have to get the elder influence on the 4 guardians and he will move to the shaper's realm, otherwise it's gonna be wonky rng to ever fight him.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, I'm betting that the T16 elder guardians will drop corrupted shaper frags that take you to uber elder.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Jinnigan posted:

MOLTEN STRIKE

:monocle: gently caress, I forgot that was totally nuts this league. Isn't that interaction with AC gonna get nerfed though? Will molten strike still be good?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, I'm betting that the T16 elder guardians will drop corrupted shaper frags that take you to uber elder.

I imagine the real frustration will come with trying to connect all 4 guardians and your long thin chain of elder maps getting cut apart by one shaper influence you didn't notice.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Maddot_66 posted:

:monocle: gently caress, I forgot that was totally nuts this league. Isn't that interaction with AC gonna get nerfed though? Will molten strike still be good?

Like most things in this thread, no one will really know until patch notes get released at the earliest.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Maddot_66 posted:

I'd be surprised if the AC interaction doesn't get fixed, since it does seem unintended, but it will still be really good.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I've been reading some of the articles about the upcoming league, and this stood out from the PCGamer article, regarding crafting:

"In one example, Wilson explains how if you capture two monsters with the Corrupted Blood modifier (which causes bleeding upon killing or hitting the monster), you can fight them in the arena and their Corrupted Blood modifier will essentially act like a Vaal Orb that players would normally use while crafting. Unlike the Vaal Orb, which corrupts items but has a chance to affect them negatively, corrupting an item with Corrupted Blood monsters doesn't have the same negative side effects."

That's going to make getting +1 curses jewellry a lot cheaper, not to mention regular body armor with +1 to socketed gems, etc.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That also sounds like a annoying pain in the butt when you just want to watch monsters die, now I have to pay close attention to affixes.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Honestly, I wonder how this whole pokeman thing is going to shake out, given the average life expectancy of trashmobs in PoE.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Totally theorycrafting out various ideas for shield throw right now, despite not having any ideas about the ascendency changes or any concrete details about it.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I can't wait to see the rest of the Ascendancies, it's why I'm holding off on anything so far.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Keru posted:

Honestly, I wonder how this whole pokeman thing is going to shake out, given the average life expectancy of trashmobs in PoE.

I sorta feel like if I want to go spectre necro again I'd have to reroll a pokemon master.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

I'd be surprised if the AC interaction doesn't get fixed, since it does seem unintended, but it will still be really good.

Why would they nerf-by-fixing an interaction that isn't even close to t1 mapclear speed, and is irrelevant for endgame bosses?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Jinnigan posted:

Why would they nerf-by-fixing an interaction that isn't even close to t1 mapclear speed, and is irrelevant for endgame bosses?
By standing the perfect distance away from a single-target mob and shift attacking, you can get the AC to hit and spawn balls in addition to your own hit and balls.

It's funky/awkward/finicky as hell to do though, but that's an insane more multiplier (up to 100% though realistically never that)

lurksion fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 16, 2018

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jinnigan posted:

Yeah its not that it works at all but that you can get two procs going on a single target which makes it very relevant for endgame bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Well! Shows what I know