Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

KingKapalone posted:

Oh drat, were they before? That's what I have and I thought I originally looked into this and thought I could.

Gamestop will give you $120 credit for it, that's the best deal right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MrMidnight posted:

I was really looking forward to the SoM remake. I guess its looking like a pass now though.

is this cause you read a couple posts in this thread or

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

MrMidnight posted:

I was really looking forward to the SoM remake. I guess its looking like a pass now though.

It looks good but for 40$ I am going with MGS

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I mean at least I can resell the optional physical variety and it's not digital only

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

is this cause you read a couple posts in this thread or

Posts and the few reviews I've read

acksplode
May 17, 2004

SoM remake looked doomed from the start. Updating everything but the gameplay is the exact opposite of what I'd have wanted, and SoM is one of my all-time favorites. I'm not shocked to see that the reaction is boring art, bad new soundtrack, and aging gameplay.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I keep thinking you guys are talking about Shadow of Mordor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Reading all of this stuff about SoM makes me happy that the SotC remake is so drat good. Buy it, guys.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Not every Square-Enix game can be as blessed with their remake as Romancing SaGa 2's unfortunately.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Same.

You shouldn't buy shadow of mordor either

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Same.

You shouldn't buy shadow of mordor either

Shadow of Mordor is great! It's Shadow of War you've got to think on whether or not you buy, because those are huge games.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
10 colossi down. Game is great. Ate some Lizards and some fruit. However Lizards (yes glowtail ones) don't seem to make the stamina bar longer any more. Or do they just add stamina without graphical representation, feels like it. Fruit still enhances the health bar.

Haven't found a single gold coin yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm just about to do Colossus 10!

Colossus 8 still sucks 😤

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

acksplode posted:

SoM remake looked doomed from the start. Updating everything but the gameplay is the exact opposite of what I'd have wanted, and SoM is one of my all-time favorites. I'm not shocked to see that the reaction is boring art, bad new soundtrack, and aging gameplay.

They updated magic so it doesn't freeze time for your coop buddies and I'm not sure what you'd really want them to change. What kind of gameplay update would you want? The various sequels all did different gameplay and mostly blew for it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm just about to do Colossus 10!

Colossus 8 still sucks 😤

Is that the turtle? I play on normal and it was piss easy...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Hopper posted:

10 colossi down. Game is great. Ate some Lizards and some fruit. However Lizards (yes glowtail ones) don't seem to make the stamina bar longer any more. Or do they just add stamina without graphical representation, feels like it. Fruit still enhances the health bar.

I think they do enhance the stamina bar, but it's a really, really low amount. It's a pittance compared to the amount you get for defeating a colossus.

Coins are pretty rare in my experience. I beat the game 3 times and only found 2 of them. That said, I wasn't really doing any in-depth exploring.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DrNutt posted:

They updated magic so it doesn't freeze time for your coop buddies and I'm not sure what you'd really want them to change. What kind of gameplay update would you want? The various sequels all did different gameplay and mostly blew for it.

The attack -> wait for charge -> attack again combat was a new and interesting way to integrate action gameplay with RPG mechanics back in 199-whenever, but it feels totally archaic these days. I'd imagine shiny new graphics only emphasize the anachronistic gameplay

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hopper posted:

Is that the turtle? I play on normal and it was piss easy...

It's the dude who climbs the sides of the colosseum.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hopper posted:

Just found my first one this minute!! They make a jangly noise and have a visible aura. If you want to find one, head to the very bottom right of the map and just follow the coastline, there's one there somewhere.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

You won't have the option to learn a move until you've unlocked all the moves in the grid leading up to it.

As always in Yakuza 0, the solution is to spend more money.

:doh:

I got it now and...holy poo poo, this move is loving insane! Even for Majima standards, this is just plain crazy!

Also, Saki really is a Busy Bee! I put her on Duty for 6 or 7 rounds and her Mood didn't change one bit. Now that's three clubs down so I think I can go back to progressing the story.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

Gamestop will give you $120 credit for it, that's the best deal right now

Unless I'm reading it wrong it looks like they're giving more credit until the 19th.
https://www.gamestop.com/trade

"$200: PS4 Original, Slim or XB1 S 1 or 2 TB"

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I still don't know what they actually are talking about. If there are multiple games with similar acronyms, write out the name, jesus christ.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Crows Turn Off posted:

I still don't know what they actually are talking about. If there are multiple games with similar acronyms, write out the name, jesus christ.

Secret of Mana.

Probably easier to say Mana at this point.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

excited to get back into TF2 soon

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Unless I'm reading it wrong it looks like they're giving more credit until the 19th.
https://www.gamestop.com/trade

"$200: PS4 Original, Slim or XB1 S 1 or 2 TB"

Oh nice I just searched the trade value

acksplode
May 17, 2004

97% of teens don't know classic 90s console RPGs. Put this in your sig if you're in the 3%

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Digirat posted:

excited to get back into TF2 soon

Every time I see "TF2" I think of Team Fortress 2.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Samuringa posted:

:doh:

I got it now and...holy poo poo, this move is loving insane! Even for Majima standards, this is just plain crazy!

Also, Saki really is a Busy Bee! I put her on Duty for 6 or 7 rounds and her Mood didn't change one bit. Now that's three clubs down so I think I can go back to progressing the story.

If you can, stick with it all the way through to unlock Majima’s ultimate fighting style. Makes the endgame insanely fun and it’s pretty OP.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
PSVR is at $200 on the 18th till the 3rd. Think ill finally pick it up.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2018/psvr-deals/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrNutt posted:

SD3 and Legend of Mana both have better combat than SoM. It's a turn based game trying to look like it's action and sticks out like a sore thumb now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Sakurazuka posted:

SD3 and Legend of Mana both have better combat than SoM. It's a turn based game trying to look like it's action and sticks out like a sore thumb now.

I haven't played LoM but lol at SD3 having better combat. Combat in SD3 is a stupid frustrating slog that doesn't even have the illusion that you are directly affecting things that SoM does.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Just found my first one this minute!! They make a jangly noise and have a visible aura. If you want to find one, head to the very bottom right of the map and just follow the coastline, there's one there somewhere.

There's a really obvious one in the trench near Colossus 4's stomping ground.

I also found Trico's barrel elsewhere, which was a nice surprise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

There's a really obvious one in the trench near Colossus 4's stomping ground.

I also found Trico's barrel elsewhere, which was a nice surprise.

Yeah any ico iconography?

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Never played the original Secret of Mana but I'm having a lot of fun with the Remake. The art is ok, music is amazing, and gameplay is fun.

Real hurthling! posted:

Beach and watermelon. There's also an Agro skin with the Ico "I" on her forehead.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Morby posted:

If you can, stick with it all the way through to unlock Majima’s ultimate fighting style. Makes the endgame insanely fun and it’s pretty OP.

I just don't want to do the entire thing in a single chapter...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

There’s a super massive Ico easter egg on one of the beaches

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

It's the dude who climbs the sides of the colosseum.

Ahh right I miscounted. Yeah that one is tedious, not dangerous and boring...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He's a fucker on hard. Probably the toughest one imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The toughest colossus is the controller which does not make the man do the thing.

Just beat the last third of the game in a sitting. The ending is good but getting there was not fun for me