Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It was milligram but that's still really hard to do with the scales you can buy at home - they're often +/-5 mg. There are some microgram drugs but they're rarer afaik.

Trap sprung, etc

LSD and fentanyl are both measured in micrograms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Long half life, slow uptake, and amnesia as a side effect, so people can't remember if they've redosed.

Also turns you into a crazy rear end in a top hat with a poor grip on reality, sure to make good decisions.

I like the bit in the Ukranian joose ambos tale about the smurfs.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Half life was 40-60 hours

best quote was that “it’s like the orcarina of time, it warps you ahead three days and into a hospital”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
On an unrelated (probably) note; the Australian government's response to a major sex scandal with the Deputy Prime Minister has been to ban MPs from having sex in Parliament House.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Inescapable Duck posted:

On an unrelated (probably) note; the Australian government's response to a major sex scandal with the Deputy Prime Minister has been to ban MPs from having sex in Parliament House.

[Adam Curtis voice]: but then something peculiar happened
[camera pans to an assortment of butt plugs and an empty jar of phenibut]

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

theflyingexecutive posted:

best quote was that “it’s like the orcarina of time, it warps you ahead three days and into a hospital”

Man, someone is really bad at playing Half-life. :rolleyes:

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Antivehicular posted:

Micrograms, wasn't it? Like "if you do this with anything other than a professional-grade scale and professional-grade skills, you are hosed, and even if you do you've got a decent chance of being hosed" concentrations.

I'm sure there was a story about someone's dad finding their stash, dipping his finger into it to taste it, and then going completely insane. But I'm not sure whether that was on this forum.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is it water soluble? If so then terrorists should dump like two pounds of it into a reservoir. Come on terrorists, why aren't you thinking this stuff up by yourselves. Lazy unimaginative bastards.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It was milligram but that's still really hard to do with the scales you can buy at home - they're often +/-5 mg. There are some microgram drugs but they're rarer afaik.

Trap sprung, etc

What you were supposed to do to get consistent dosing, if you didn't have a good scale, was dissolve an actually measurable amount of joose in food-grade polyethylene glycol. That way, you could reasonably expect an easily measured volume of solution, like an eyedropper's worth, to contain a dosage that would only moderately gently caress you up for a few days, instead of teleport you directly to a jail. Of course, very few people loving did that, especially when in the quasiconscious grip of a joose binge.

(Polyethylene glycol is not antifreeze, if you were thinking of making that joke. That's ethylene glycol, no poly.)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Poly relationships never work.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Phy posted:

What you were supposed to do to get consistent dosing, if you didn't have a good scale, was dissolve an actually measurable amount of joose in food-grade polyethylene glycol.

Yeah, then you can eyeball it.

I can’t recall whether anyone in that thread sincerely misinterpreted “eyeball,” or if they were all joking around, and the forums ran with it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

There was like, one guy who came in genuinely asking "so how am I supposed to do this, just pour it in my eyes or what?".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i thought it was 120 for some reason

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is it water soluble? If so then terrorists should dump like two pounds of it into a reservoir. Come on terrorists, why aren't you thinking this stuff up by yourselves. Lazy unimaginative bastards.

Most benzodiazepines are not water soluble. Phenazepam is insoluble in water, soluble in ethanol.

Half life is 60 hours for people with regular clearance/metabolism. (multiply half life by 5.5 to get elimination time, depending on metabolites)

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 18:26 on Feb 16, 2018

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Diazepam (valium) has a half-life of up to 100 hours and is commonly prescribed

These people are just idiots trying to have fun times with something that is in no wise fun and at idiotic dosages

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phy posted:

What you were supposed to do to get consistent dosing, if you didn't have a good scale, was dissolve an actually measurable amount of joose in food-grade polyethylene glycol. That way, you could reasonably expect an easily measured volume of solution, like an eyedropper's worth, to contain a dosage that would only moderately gently caress you up for a few days, instead of teleport you directly to a jail. Of course, very few people loving did that, especially when in the quasiconscious grip of a joose binge.

(Polyethylene glycol is not antifreeze, if you were thinking of making that joke. That's ethylene glycol, no poly.)

This began as nail polish remover in the JOOSE thread for solvent and goon reasoning reasons.

E: I mean I guess if you're about to put a heroic dose of Russian mail order benzodiazepines into your mouth, a few mL of acetone is a rounding error.

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Feb 16, 2018

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Can phenazepam be smoked?

Asking for a friend.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

When asking whether _______ can be smoked, there are two possible answers. "Yes" and "Yes, but only once."

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Asking for a friend.

Toxicologists aren't sure. Benzos aren't generally smoked.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2011/06/30/prescription-drug-found-in-synthetic-cannabis-product/

This has some relevant opinions.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
Whoa, Black Betty (phenazepam)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ariong posted:

When asking whether _______ can be smoked, there are two possible answers. "Yes" and "Yes, but only once."

Is that an "only once" because you'll cause a chain reaction that smokes all the substance in the entire planet like if heavy ice forms and starts freezing at the bottom of the ocean causing all of the earth's water supply to freeze, or "only once" because you'll have such a good time that you'll never have to do it again because you got as much out of it as possible the first time?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

Lol

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is that an "only once" because you'll cause a chain reaction that smokes all the substance in the entire planet like if heavy ice forms and starts freezing at the bottom of the ocean causing all of the earth's water supply to freeze, or "only once" because you'll have such a good time that you'll never have to do it again because you got as much out of it as possible the first time?

No it's only once because you die afterwards

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Korgan posted:

Why did you give iRend, the bloke telling people not to doxx, a week for doxxing? Everyone else who made edits of the facebook of the man who wanted to gently caress a suicidal ECT psych ward patient probably shouldn't have stuck his real info out there, even though he'd done that himself numerous times, and they deserve their bans/probes, but iRend didn't do anything.

It's also poo poo that Caredresser didn't cop a perma for detailing his plans of wanting to rape a suicidal psych ward patient, but someone posting his facebook after getting fed up with trying to reason with the druggo did.
I ... think one of my friends was in that psych ward.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

what in the gently caress australia

what in the gently caress australia

:stonk:
Relevant to all statements above.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Last Chance posted:

No it's only once because you die afterwards

Well, that doesn't sound fun. That doesn't sound fun at all.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Solice Kirsk posted:

that only happens if you smoke the trinity bomb in a pipe, and then only if you use one of those jet fuel lighters with the blue flame

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
remember when we actually did raids?

i miss habbo hotel

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u read the joose thread"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Drugs are not your droogs, tovarish.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Thinking about that Culligan man

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

goatsestretchgoals posted:

E: I mean I guess if you're about to put a heroic dose of Russian mail order benzodiazepines into your mouth, a few mL of acetone is a rounding error.

You'd think so, but that's why the first paragraph is no less funny than the others:

CascadingStyleSheet posted:

I bought a sheet of Che Guevara blotter paper off the net to apply mine to once it arrives. I got that one because it's just a simple black and white of the iconic picture everyone knows and I'm worried about ingesting a load of toxic ink. I have no idea how they print them but it seems like an unhealthy thing to eat. I would have gotten a blank sheet if I could. I sure as hell wouldn't make my own with an inkjet printer.

-----

I just had one square so i'll see if I turn into a ragging zombie.

-----

Took this shiuff on friday, maybe onyta a few git or ` 10 I don;r remenef Now a day leter and i feell on other planet, track a 6 pod tea to sttle down. Cant barlwly walk or anthing.

I can't have goone far or downwaything
Thisi stuff with will wreck you and make
Thnkgg I just need freech air

-----

I kook my first does friday and now it suddenly monday,I ‘m still too cross-eyed to write properly but never really had any positive effect during that time. Cant’ wait for this poo poo ti sbe to gone so I can juct get on wth wahat i’m doing.
Had a few fhours oa work and feel better. Very hard to forn any thoughtsm feel dizzy and crosseyed and very tried. I reality hope ll these clocks are correct.
Total zonbification.
Don’t think i’ll do again. Nasy Hangover at this amount.

[editorial note: at the time this was written, it was not Monday. Anywhere.]

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Syd Midnight posted:

You'd think so, but that's why the first paragraph is no less funny than the others:

That editorial note at the bottom makes me laugh every time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Asking for a friend.

Please try it and let the class know how it went.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please try it and let the class know how it went.

But for like 3 days.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

as funny as this quote is, it’s from Bluelight talking about some synthetic cannabinoid.

quote:

Hospitalised me 3 times, this one is potent chaps, don't listen to them stupid people talking about eye balling. As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital.

after getting out of the hospital:

quote:

I get home...... that was very stressful i said, i think i need a JOINT after that.............. regained consciousness in hospital in the same day LOL, i even made extra special care to like 1/3rd my dose honestly you could barely tell there was a substance in my cigarette. Got home, and .......... had another joint the ambulance was called again.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

shelley posted:

as funny as this quote is, it’s from Bluelight talking about some synthetic cannabinoid.

after getting out of the hospital:

HARM REDUCTION

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can't harm someone who is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Anyone have those arm reduction pics on hands