Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Madcosby posted:

If my machine stutters on white rat map, how will it hold up on verminitide 2

Depends on the settings you're running it on I think.

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

We're all victor in here boyo. He's the default goon character for sure

Not only does Saltzpyre have my favorite weapons, he has a bunch of my favorite lines! Really chews the scenery, especially when he gets going. That said, the whole cast is a fun bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I don't think vote kicking is in the closed beta, buds. That or the angry pubbie is also very stupid

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I have never played the elf and I never will.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Nanomashoes posted:

I have never played the elf and I never will.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Madcosby posted:

After our group of 4 finished divinity 2, we wanted another game so we all got Vermintide 1

my nightmare comes

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
team sienna forever here

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fire Barrel posted:

Not only does Saltzpyre have my favorite weapons, he has a bunch of my favorite lines! Really chews the scenery, especially when he gets going. That said, the whole cast is a fun bunch.
Same. I really want to know what his abilities end up being, because I am excited as hell to stab some rats.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

We're all victor in here boyo. He's the default goon character for sure
Kruber. :c00lbert:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Official ranking:
1)Victor
2)Kruber
3)Sienna
4)Franz Lohner
5)Olysia
6)Cousin Okri (<----not real)
7)Bardin
8)the rats

x)the hated elf

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

This guy knows what's up. :love:Kruber:love:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I regret Diskwars didnt have a witch hunter I could use for my av

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Why did they make the elf part high elf and part dark elf instead of giving us Waywatcher/War Dancer/Eternal Guard?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
smashing rats

is good

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i get the feeling this is going to be a left 4 dead scenario and a lot of the community for 1 is going to shift over to 2 exclusively

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Joestar posted:

i get the feeling this is going to be a left 4 dead scenario and a lot of the community for 1 is going to shift over to 2 exclusively

That seems pretty likely given that everything I've seen about 2 is that it has everything that made 1 good and then adds a bunch of fun new stuff on top of that.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Why did they make the elf part high elf and part dark elf instead of giving us Waywatcher/War Dancer/Eternal Guard?

No idea! They wouldn't have had to change the weapons much either.

e: Actually, my guess is that they wanted to add a repeater crossbow and that meant going Dark Elf and that meant High Elf for "balance"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Cause the Elves were just diffrent paths. And Kerillian made the choice to become one.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I like to burn rats

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Okri is real. Bardin said so. :colbert:

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Bardin bro checking in. Holy Sigmar, the Tempest map is awesome!

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
My keybindings reset every time. I use alt to talk why does it make me run slow.

Game is DOPE despite small inconveniences.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sokani posted:

My keybindings reset every time. I use alt to talk why does it make me run slow.

Game is DOPE despite small inconveniences.

This happened to me after I installed on a new system a few months ago. Some of my keybindings but not all of them would reset after every loading screen, but the controls screen would only show that some of those had reset. it was very weird and it eventually stopped which I think required me to set them, quit the game and then validate files through steam

Madcosby posted:

If my machine stutters on white rat map, how will it hold up on verminitide 2

the listed system requirements are currently the same as the first game. I'd comment on the technical test's performance but NDA.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i would theoretically say that the system requirements of vermintide 2 being the same as the first game's sound like a great time if you can already run the first game

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

When does this test end?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vargs posted:

When does this test end?

I assume the 28th when everyone who preordered is allowed to play.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Everyone who preordered can play now. It's just under NDA at the moment. which is weird since normally once something is open to all preorders that's not the case, but eh.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Vermintide 2 owns and I'm glad the chaos enemies turned out to be cool as hell like I thought they'd be, hearing the warhorns blowing in the forest and then seeing them roll in is awesome.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I feel like Vermintide 1 on nightmare is easier than Vermintide 2 on normal. Someday I will successfully complete a mission to see how the loot/progression systems work. Maybe.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012
I'm assuming any details are impossible due to beta NDA, but I'm really curious if playing as a ranged character is viable this time around. In the first game ranged attacks were invaluable to fight specials and ogres but 90% of the time it was not something you could rely on to fight hordes, or you had to be so careful with ammo that it was difficult to know when to use it freely.

I've been hoping that playing as a predominately ranged character is doable this time around. So satisfying imagining a dual pistol witchhunter plowing through rats and chaos marauders. Of course I expect melee to be important no matter what, but that's my hope.

Does anyone have any details regarding this? I watched some preview vids and such but there seems to be little info.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I didn't play on the super hardest difficulty (my friends got bored) but i remember vermintide 1 giving me plenty of pistol's for saltz

I loved having 20 of those things to just throw away as i fired into a horde.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Lunethex posted:

Release date is March 8th

Pre-order beta starts Feb 28th.

They're confident!
yay

kill-kill rat-things

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Vargs posted:

I feel like Vermintide 1 on nightmare is easier than Vermintide 2 on normal. Someday I will successfully complete a mission to see how the loot/progression systems work. Maybe.

I feel the same. I think its just because they added a power rating to weapons, and people are used to playing VT1 with their oranges/reds instead of scrubby starter weapons.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Also would anyone happen to know the setting I need to tweak to fix the "Metal and shiny gore still appearing bright as hell in dark areas" thing? That's been the only visual jank I've run into in 2.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
insanely pumped for impending ratsplatting and nurgboi stabbin

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks to the thread I downloaded the beta and played a bit last night. In respect of the NDA, I will limit my comments to this: game's real good. Looks good, plays nice, blesses this ravaged body.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Why are people respecting this NDA? What are you thinking will happen?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Gort posted:

skaven lawyers

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Statutory Ape posted:

skaven lawyers

Roger, Roger & Roger win all their cases.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gort posted:

It lets them smugly imply they're morally, physically, and spiritually superior to everyone because they know things that are forbidden to the rest of us.

It's true, they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gort posted:

Because you get your name into Fatshark's book of grudges if you break it.

• Locked thread