Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I have no movie editing talent but I want to see a mashup of the Brak Show's "three hams" song with "steamed hams"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Maker of Shoes posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A MAG INTO THE SLOT. IT’S ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SHITPOSTING ALONGSIDE OTHER 2ND AMENDMENT SUPPORTERS. I POST AND I DO EVERY POST HARD. MAKIN 'WELL ACTUALLY' SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NEGLIGIBLE STATISTICS OR EVEN WHEN I SAY GUNS ARE BAD. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'RE DEFENDING CHILD MURDER WEAPONS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GAY AND DYING INTERNET FORUM AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MY GAY AND DYING INTERNET FORUM CAN STILL LIKE CHILDREN NOT DYING. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE STATS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY COUNTRY LESS LONELY BY SHOOTING THEM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng 

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Memento posted:

A momentary loss of reason

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I hate xCRITZx so, so much

-me, the scout desperately trying to cap the point by myself

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

DontMockMySmock posted:

You know what they say: ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. So it follows that if you ask a load of stupid questions, you'll get a load of stupid answers. Here we gooooooo

Yes, because English is weird and people use "accident" to mean "vehicle collision."

Well, if "twice as cold" has any meaning, then there are two options: defining it against an arbitrary reference point, or half as hot. The arbitrary reference point is untenable, because it leads to unintuitive situations. For example, let us say that our reference point is 70F, which is pretty standard for "comfortable human temperature." Then -70F would be twice as cold as 0F, since it's twice as far from the reference point. But that also means that 90F is twice as cold as 80F, which doesn't really pass the smell test, in my opinion. That leaves us with the second definition: half as hot, which does actually have a physical meaning. -229.8F is half as hot as 0F because it's half the distance from absolute zero (-459.67F), our handy non-arbitrary reference point.

Yes, it did. It's one of the most amazing and remarkable things in the universe. Out of this entire list, this one most deserves the weed "whoa".

The word "scent" comes from a French word spelled with a (non-silent) s; the c was added in English later. So I would say the c is silent.

This was already explained, but the "d" in "fridge" is an added letter to clarify the pronunciation of the short "i", which wasn't necessary to add to the original word "refrigerator."

You're cleaner, but you're not ever 100% clean. Furthermore, bacteria can live in the towel, feeding off your skin oils and skin flakes, and producing gross smells as a byproduct.

The strange thing about alphabetical order is that it predates English by millennia. Our alphabet comes ultimately from the Greek alphabet, and so does the word "alphabet", which comes from the first two letters in Greek alphabetical order, "alpha beta." No one really knows why the Greek alphabet was ordered the way it was, but it rubbed off on speakers of Latin, and from there to various Latin-based languages like French, and from French to modern English.

You don't need language to think. But often you do use language when you're thinking, and if you're deaf from birth, you've probably learned a form of sign language, and that's what you'll think in.

Yes. Well, 1% chewed-and-mixed-with-stomach-acid nacho.

No, that's not weird. We learn to process language through sound long before we learn to process it through sight, and that auditory understanding of language never leaves us.

This is less like a weed "whoa" moment and more like a dad joke. Words can have more than one meaning.

By the changing of the seasons. The whole business of setting up a calendar system is to track the changing of the seasons, so, y'know, the calendar is synced to that. As for why (for example) the vernal equinox is called "June 21st" instead of rotating everything around so that it occurs on April 2nd or some other day instead, well, that's down to arbitrary tradition going back thousands of years. The history of the modern calendar is pretty interesting, actually, especially with how much the Romans used to gently caress with it.

Yes; the term "dogpile" does not require the animals to be dogs, only that they pile up like a group of fighting dogs. Why ask this question about cats but not about humans? Humans are no more dogs than cats are.

Another dad joke. "Lie" has two meanings. You're telling the truth if you're telling the truth - regardless of whether you're lying in bed.

Put it in a bigger garbage can, or compact it so that it can fit in another garbage can.

Water itself does not activate your taste buds, but it can have flavor for a couple different reasons: 1, because it is impure, and the impurities carry taste; 2, because it washes away a taste that your mouth had adjusted to, thus giving you the opposite taste. For example, if you eat something sour, then wait a bit, your tongue will adjust to the trace amounts of sour left in your mouth, and washing them away with water may taste sweet.

shut up Abe

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
WH40K memes will always be the best memes. Kharn is real and strong and the Betrayer and is my friend.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

one of my favorite things to come out of the Distracted Boyfriend meme is all the different ways people draw the aggrieved girlfriend's face

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

WH40K memes are lame and worse than the gross sesame street memes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Spicy

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

kill me, Pete

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kill me, Pete.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Kill me, Pete

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The lady's facial expression in the middle on is the one i always have when looking at sesame street memes.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The lady's facial expression in the middle on is the one i always have when looking at sesame street memes.

Yeah, Sesame Street memes are never well written. The phrasing is always awkward and clunky and consequently fails to be funny in anything other than LOL MONKEY CHEESE FACE DOWN IN THE MUD IN VIET loving NAM

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like them :colbert:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Some of the early ones were real good. Most are gross garbage.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

Some of the early ones were real good. Most are gross garbage.

Some are both!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hello comfort zone!

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

horticulture memes

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

More of these. Or point me where to find more of these. To do otherwise would be heresy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blackchamber posted:

More of these. Or point me where to find more of these. To do otherwise would be heresy.

You can help by expanding it

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
A supply teacher at my friend's kid's school got told not to come back after showing this video to the geography class he was teaching. Yes, that's him. I wasn't sure where else to post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpMx4eQNIJ4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Help

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Blackchamber posted:

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

beato posted:

A supply teacher at my friend's kid's school got told not to come back after showing this video to the geography class he was teaching. Yes, that's him. I wasn't sure where else to post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpMx4eQNIJ4

I'm the 30 second intro.
Wait, I'm the 2 minute 30 seconds credit sequence.
Wait, I'm the 20 seconds of black at the end because they don't know how to change duration.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
neat

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
😆

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

And then everyone stood up and clapped.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I really needed this today. Thank you Emperor :unsmith:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

RareAcumen posted:

That meme's dumb, you don't cook anything in the bathroom.

Powerful and wholesome.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Milo and POTUS posted:

Powerful and wholesome Holsum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
A proper Earth Sandwich (one with bread at antipodal points) was achieved almost twelve years ago. Accept no imitations that put two slices of bread in the northern hemisphere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEfTUVV1yg
http://www.zefrank.com/sandwich/

"Ze Frank posted:

If the Earth were a sandwich
We'd get along so well
We could feed everybody
With a piece of ourselves

As I lay this bread on the ground
I know my job ain't done
If the Earth were a sandwich
We would all be one...........................sandwich