Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
just lmao at the 10 + 1 price that is just insulting and stupid in so many ways lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Occasionally in board games, or card games, you get a card which fits into the mathematical structure of how cards are balanced but mathematically balanced doesn't mean the card will be used by the players. This is like that. It's priced comparatively to the other things they're offering but that doesn't mean it's suddenly a huge value for the average consumer.

However, since it's priced like this it tells you that they don't need the average customer to start supporting the game because the whales are keeping it afloat. When the bundles like this get down to the $20 territory, that's probably when you actually need to start worrying about the game.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I would contact support. The official Twitter account posted that there were server stability issues, so they might be able to restore the items for you.

Thanks for the advice i contacted them and rhey mailed me the items.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

While I do prefer Sprites to 3D, I can say that DFFOOFighter's characters don't bother me. My issue right now is Normal Seymore spanking me with his OHK Spear move.

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Thanks for the advice i contacted them and rhey mailed me the items.

Glad it worked!

Edit: Turns out it was an issue affecting lots of players. It was in today's News > Issues, and they say if you were affected, to contact support. So, for anyone else who had this happen, contact support and get your stuff!

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 14, 2018

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I like how they use the Amano art as a base too. Shadow may not be super great but drat he looks rad as gently caress.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m not afraid to spend money on this game at all, but I realized today I hadn’t spent a dime since the fountain of lapis and, before that, it had been a few months too. There just hasn’t been anything tempting at all. And the $46 rainbow 11 is pretty pathetic, even by recent standards.

Freebie today went gold->rainbow. I got Queen’d for the first time. And, as often as I use finishers, she’s useless.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Freebie went Blue > Gold > Rainbow, and out popped Old Man Cid #2. Gotta level him, and finish gearing T.G. Cid #1, but...

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

yay daily doggo!

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Woke up, logged in, saw the banner cost. I laughed so loud I think I woke up a neighbor.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
I was worried this would be $25-30. That it would be a bad deal, but still tempt me. Problem solved. Thanks Gumi! Appreciate you guys looking out for me.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd consider paying that for my choice of 5* because I need an Ayaka so bad. Not paying it for a shot at Dark Knight Cecil #5.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
When 7* units come out I'd gladly pay double that for the 5* of my choice. At this point, rolling for a random 5*? No thanks.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Man, I'm looking pretty good so far in terms of money spent on this dumb game in 2018.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Office Thug posted:

Man, I'm looking pretty good so far in terms of money spent on this dumb game in 2018.

They're making it awfully easy to be free to play, just release nothing worth buying.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

quote:

Revive and full restore one ally

Hand-made chocolate made by Fina. Having learned of Valentine's Day on which people exchange chocolates to get them to like each other, she worked hard to make this chocolate and, though she failed mainy times, finally succeeded. Though many would ask her her she planned on giving her chocolates to, she held out on saying anything until the very end.

Good lord Gumi.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My daily was blue -> gold -> rainbow -> Chow

Living that 'not playing FFBE except to login' life is paying off

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Truthfully, can't we all just look at the price tag of a rainbow, then look at our pile of rainbows, and feel good that our account is "worth" hundreds of dollars???

Pretty accurate valuation technique, IMO

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I counted. Man I wish.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cobalt60 posted:

Truthfully, can't we all just look at the price tag of a rainbow, then look at our pile of rainbows, and feel good that our account is "worth" hundreds of dollars???

$47 is the minimum value for rainbows. Lightning and Queen are $47.

Units like BS Sakura are worth thousands!

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Huh, 1/2 a few days back was BS Sakura, free pull today is Tidus. Why the crap is this game getting more generous to me suddenly?

Oh right $65 AUD is our pricing down here. I actually expected that to be higher, given some of the bundles get close to 80 sometimes.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I got a daily Rem, and two days ago Ramza off my free. Seems that the closer i come to quitting, the more rainbows I get off throwaway pulls :tinfoil:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Free Miyuki

1/2 Yuri

Guess it’s lovely female ninja day for me.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Cobalt60 posted:

The whole notion of monetizing and placing an inflated value on a virtual action figure is pretty dang presumptuous all the same. Either they overestimate their value, or know there's enough dumb people out there who will buy this.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its easy to see where the marketer stumbled on the package. You need roughly 3 10+1 to draw a 5* unit and 50 bucks gets you less than 2 10+1 pulls so mathematically its a "good" deal at first glance.

But the problem is that its completely near sighted and doesn't take into account that we've already had straight up 10+1 5* guaranteed 5k lapis pulls before. That everything after black friday has been horrible value. That they completely bypassed the type banners for this poo poo. That having a cash pull makes the price immediately apparent, which you usually try to avoid in gacha games by using premium currency in the first place. And finally because the step up banners are massively better value and more consistent than this trash and it wont be long till they start showing up.

Also they had just came up with an update with very well designed original units, clients fixes and a rollback on the thing that broke the magnification trick for easy chaining thats still implemented in JP. All of that good will went immediately into the trash with the banner. You cant put a monetary number on that

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

And finally because the step up banners are massively better value and more consistent than this trash and it wont be long till they start showing up.

Right after 7*. Which will be a long time, based on Ramza Enhancements. Probably twice as long.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Right after 7*. Which will be a long time, based on Ramza Enhancements. Probably twice as long.

No, there were step up banners prior to 7*. Sephiroth and CG Reagan both had them and they were prior to 7*

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, there were step up banners prior to 7*. Sephiroth and CG Reagan both had them and they were prior to 7*

Except for ~Global's a different game~

Edit
Did JP's 7* show up before or after the leak?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I just realized that in my excitement over levelling up BS Sakura and Chow I completely forgot that I also got TG Cid a couple of weeks before.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Can they loving stop the whole Kill with an esper on the final boss of these long rear end story events.
That loving thing always has issues working correctly. Once again, I kill him with an esper during a chain, and it doesnt count. Its the stupidest loving thing about these events.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 16, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

It has to be the killing blow or overkill damage, not just part of the chain.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, it looks like the trial strategy is to keep everyone alive until everyone has a Dragon Favor attack and use them to remove the shields... I killed the one that was weak to physical but the magical one only hands out physical favors, and he was taking forever so I just quit. One round kill if they're hit with the weakness attacks, I think. Will have to try again later when I have more energy.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I won't be trying the trial until this afternoon, but doesn't it seem like a showcase for Kryla's superpoison? Kanshou and Bakuya each have only 2.8 million HP and are vulnerable to all breaks, so whittle them down with fixed-damage superpoison, then use their granted skills and kill them both in one turn?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Since all the limited units were in the pool, I finally blew 30 x 3* tickets and 6 x 4* tickets on the Ang/Chow banner (hoping to grab some units from the other banner on the side), and a 10+1 pull because jesus christ. Did not get Chow or Ang so welp.

I did, however, pull Wilhelm #1 finally, and then as if the game wanted to make things up for all that waste even further I also got Wilhelm #2. I can't complain much now since the game kind of future-proofed my physical tanking ability, but still I want that loving dog.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Daily was Orlandeau #2. A month ago I was worried about having to buy super tickets to get a 7* chainer. Since then I've pulled Tidus and Orlandeau. Guess I'm pretty set, barring another Darklord or Onion Knight.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I honestly can't tell if the Kanshou and Bakuya fight is poorly designed, or if they're just assholes. I used both of their special skills on the same turn, one-shotted Bakuya but Kanshou only dropped to around 45%. Whittled him down to 41% after 10 more turns and finally just quit since there was literally no good way to damage him with the other dragon gone.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Looking at the wiki and not only do they have physical/magic immunity but 300,000 in the defense stat they aren't immune to :shittypop: Looks like you'll have to keep both alive until you're set since the super break they give you to use on the other only lasts one turn. Also make sure you bring your own break resistance, these guys have a 90% def/spr break (ST thought) too!

e:
Also don't bring Roy, wiki says his songs will gently caress up the break move the dragon gives you, or anything else that enables another move?

the wiki posted:

Bug: Only 1 enable skills (e.g. Kanshou's Wrath, or Roy's songs) can be active at a time. If a unit that is using enable skill is given the special skill, it'll overwrite them.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 16, 2018

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Can Kryla's skill flat DMG skill be useful in that fight?

EDIT: Do 2x of Kryla's Hex stack?

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 16, 2018

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Probably? Since you want to get the killing blows with the granted skills in the same round you probably want to bring a more defensive lineup than usual. Get the dragons down to like ~5% and then do the rest of it with the dragonskills. It's not as much of a damage race, but just making sure that you actually have both skills avaiable at the end to finish them off.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like fixed damage from Kryla works, I'd assume Setzer is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Finally, a use for my three Krylas*

(except for the part where I already did the fight fine with swapping out a single member of my A team)

• Locked thread