Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Davros1 posted:

Read the first three issues, and:

1) it's awful
2) Mime and Marionette are just the worst characters

Only Geoff Johns would brag about adding a voice of diversity to the cast of Watchmen by creating a Latinx charater that doesn't speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo - I don't collect anything from these 6" Marvel / DC lines but I may need to make an exception for this since I loved that show as a kid.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The good thing about Mime is you don't have to design any accessories!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Those fuckers, splitting the two most wanted up with their lovely new inserts.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

DC DESIGNER SERIES STATUES

·Red Hood by Kenneth Rocafort

loving Monkey Paw.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I’d gently caress with that mask on.

:lol:

I immediately thought of this scene in EB&D when you mentioned that

https://youtu.be/2vH-_vhENLM

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Today, Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), a global play and entertainment company, and Saban Brands announced that Hasbro has been named the global master toy licensee for Saban’s Power Rangers. Under the terms of the agreement and in collaboration with Saban Brands, Hasbro will design, produce and bring to market a wide variety of toys, games and role-play items inspired by the franchise and its entertainment properties. Hasbro will hold the worldwide rights, excluding Japan and certain other Asian markets, effective as of April 1, 2019.

“We are honored to create a world of play experiences for such an iconic action brand,” said Brian Goldner, Chairman and CEO of Hasbro. “Saban’s Power Rangers are universally recognized and their hallmark attributes of teamwork and inclusivity perfectly align with our core values at Hasbro.”

“Hasbro leads the way in brand storytelling and creating engaging experiences across its exceptional portfolio of blockbuster and partner brands,” said Haim Saban, founder of Saban Brands and creator of Power Rangers. “Quality, innovation and a focus on designing dynamic products for fans of all ages makes Hasbro a great partner for Power Rangers.”

Created by Haim Saban and launched in 1993, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers quickly became a pop culture phenomenon. Today, Power Rangers is one of the longest running kids’ live-action series in television history with nearly 900 episodes produced to date. The TV series, currently in its 25th season with Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel, and feature films, including 2017’s movie with Lionsgate, follows the adventures of a group of ordinary teens who morph into superheroes and save the world from evil. Saban’s Power Rangers currently airs in 150 markets around the world and is translated into numerous languages.

The first set of products from Hasbro will be available in spring 2019. Both Hasbro and Saban Brands are dedicated to continue growing this iconic brand. In recognition of this investment and during a period of time after Hasbro becomes the master toy licensee, the arrangement provides Saban Brands and Hasbro with the opportunity to initiate Hasbro’s purchase of the Power Rangers property.

https://www.newsarama.com/38677-power-rangers-toy-license-transfers-to-hasbro.html

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Creator of Power Rangers, huh?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/964568576140234754

yay?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Those Mego-style Christmas items tend to do well for them.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I've been wanting Marvel Legends style Power Rangers for years, hopefully Hasbro doesn't disappoint.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cool serial killer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Creator of Power Rangers, huh?
The American versions of Power Rangers are absolutely created by Saban. Not sure if it's still the case, but in the early days they would cut and splice multiple Japanese episodes together to make the story they wanted.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

The American versions of Power Rangers are absolutely created by Saban. Not sure if it's still the case, but in the early days they would cut and splice multiple Japanese episodes together to make the story they wanted.

Yeah, everyone knows this. I can cut up a comic book and glue it together to tell a different story, but I still didn't create a superhero anymore than Bob Kane did

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's terrible, but I do kinda like this boat girl

mainly because the whole thing turns into a handheld Wave Motion Gun

vkeios
May 7, 2007

She’s AGP so the boat parts are fantastic and she’s probably like a subpar figma.

Also probably on deep discount at Mandarake, Bandai always makes too many.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Yeah, everyone knows this. I can cut up a comic book and glue it together to tell a different story, but I still didn't create a superhero anymore than Bob Kane did

Kane did create Batman, just not any of the parts of him people like or care about.

So your comparison is backwards because Saban is the Bill Finger here.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

No, some underpaid Japanese TV writer in the late 70s was Bill Finger. Bob Kane is the one who goes around for decades telling everyone how creative he is and getting rich. Saban is Bob Kane.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

More baffling than POP! Figures, NECA buys ... Chia Pets and the Clapper?

http://www.preternia.com/2018/02/toy-fair-2018-neca-acquires-chia-pet-clapper-companies/

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

vkeios posted:

She’s AGP so the boat parts are fantastic and she’s probably like a subpar figma.

Also probably on deep discount at Mandarake, Bandai always makes too many.

What is AGP and what is Mandarake?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

purple death ray posted:

No but you created a new story. Saban created the MMPR show and story. I'm sorry this offends you for some reason.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree, I think we have different ideas about what it means to create something and I'd rather not poo poo up the doll thread on a lovely Friday afternoon.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

What is AGP and what is Mandarake?

Armor Girls Project, Bandai's line for mecha musume (girls with robot bits glued to them). Mandarake is a chain of Japanese shops that sell used goods including toys, they're notable for having an online shop that ships to foreigners. If you can get used to their particularities, they're fantastic.

e.g. their pictures can't be trusted, they usually just grab old pix for their stuff.
The English is machine translated so either get used to weird misspellings or search for the Japanese name.
Its Japan so they take damage to the box or item very seriously and will always mention it (I saved $10 over a dented box corner before).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mandarake is fantastic, just remember that they're actual physical stores with multiple locations. So if you order three things from one specific location they'll ship them all together, but if you order three things from three different locations you pay shipping three times.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm going to Japan for my honeymoon at the end of March.

How many extra suitcases should I bring for TOYS?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzz posted:

I'm going to Japan for my honeymoon at the end of March.

How many extra suitcases should I bring for TOYS?

Are you going to be in or near Tokyo, and if so how much time will your spouse let you spend in Akihabara?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are you going to be in or near Tokyo, and if so how much time will your spouse let you spend in Akihabara?

Yes and a full day.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Fuzz posted:

Yes and a full day.

Full day isn't enough to find all the nooks and crannies in Akiba. Hell.. aside from the Yodobashi Akiba which is everything you want a full service super store in America to be (toy section, gundam section, video game section, etc..) there's a plethora of used stores, holes in the walls (not literally... ), and consignment stores (I found maybe 8 the last time I went all in varying size and stock) that really lend to an eclectic shopping experience. Definitely map out your journey. Akiba feels really like a 3 day experience if you're looking for stock to bring home.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Guys.

GUYS.

The Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom toyline got revealed today, and as a huge fan of the old Kenner stuff for the first two movies, the new stuff looks like a nostalgic love letter written just for me. Seriously this toyline is going to completely bankrupt me and has completely superseded anything else I was even remotely interested in buying this year. The new movie could suck and be hot garbage and I absolutely don’t give a gently caress because this new toyline is the first time in forever where I’m finding myself saying “I want every single thing that’s being released.” This lineup would have put 9 year old me in a coma, I’m seriously blown away.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Don't care much for NECA figs, but I gotta get that Curry Pennywise

https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/964880069855535104

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Don't care much for NECA figs, but I gotta get that Curry Pennywise

https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/964880069855535104

Likewise, not happy with NECA figures (break so drat easy) but I want the Curry Pennywise. Probably never display it and just bury in a closet locked in a safe. I have had the series on dvd for years and its still in the shrinkwrap because that fucker still creeps me out.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
They're finally doing the Snake Alien

:allears:

Anyone knows who's this guy?

I wasn't expecting them to make the younger elder from the one shot comic

Other than Dutch's depressed expression, he and Lynn look pretty good.

That said, I'm not feeling Machiko.

More pics here

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-fair-2018-gallery-neca-alien-predator-286793

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
When is the Marvel Legends part of Toy Fair?

Edit: Also Target is clearancing the Thor/Valkyrie and Quill/Ego two packs for like $22

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Anyone knows who's this guy?

That’s the Kenner toy line version of Apone!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rubiks Pubes posted:

When is the Marvel Legends part of Toy Fair?

Edit: Also Target is clearancing the Thor/Valkyrie and Quill/Ego two packs for like $22

I think everything is kind of just on the floor there.

Hasbro has their stuff up, there’s pictures on Twitter and stuff. Toyark probably just hasn’t compiled their gallery yet.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Fwoosh live-blogged the event and posted a few pictures. That Paul Rudd head is ridiculous and maybe a bit huge.

Also, Black Series reveals:

quote:

2:43: Time for STAR WARS! A Riot Batton prop is coming, it has lights and flips open like in the movies. Also, a FO Nerf Blaster.
2:45: SWB Vice Admiral Holdo is coming with soft goods dress. Porgs set, too.
2:47: SOLO product preview.
2:50: Solo Black Series overview. Photo Real Tech used on most figures like Han, Lando, and Qi’Ra. Beckett (Woody Harrelson) is coming.
2:51: Walmart Exclusive Mimban Trooper with soft goods cape.
2:52: Hoth Leia coming to SWB, with goggles and hydrospanner.
2:54: Amazon exclusive Droid set, with R2-X2, R5, R2-D2 with wash. Commander Wolfe coming to GameStop. ZUCKUSS, too, TRU exclusive.
2:55: Gamorrean Guard SWB Target Exclusive! Articulated jaw!
3:03: Star Wars 3.75 Vintage line Jabba’s Sail Barge. 4 FEET long! This will be on HasbroLab, which will function like Kickstarter. It will be $500.00 and will require 5000 backers.

Nice to finally see Hoth Leia and Zuckuss. Maybe we'll finally get an ESB Han this year.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Sweet, so we finally get some of the villains we never got before (Red Skull, Yellowjacket, Ronan, Mandarin, Pepper Potts)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Crossbones too. He’s in a two pack with Civil War Cap.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Sweet, so we finally get some of the villains we never got before (Red Skull, Yellowjacket, Ronan, Mandarin, Pepper Potts)

Is there any villains left who need a figure now? Can only think of Iron Monger and Whiplash. Baron Zemo, but he pretty generic looking as a officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's all the galleries now.

Regular brand Marvel Legends (and X-Men): http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-fair-2018-hasbro-marvel-legends-figures-288353
Black Panther and Spider-Man movies: http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-fair-2018-hasbro-marvel-black-panther-spider-man-toys-288308
Deadpool movies: http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-fair-2018-hasbro-marvel-deadpool-toys-288250
Venom movie: http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-fair-2018-hasbro-marvel-venom-figures-288220
New First 10 Years celebration line. This is the one that seems to have most of the previously missing MCU people: http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-fair-2018-hasbro-marvel-studios-first-10-years-288137
Ant Man and the Wasp movie: http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-fair-2018-hasbro-marvel-ant-man-wasp-figures-288110