Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hodgepodge posted:

He will teach her to give back as well as taking by which I mean pegging him. Only once she FRANXXes him up the butt will she come to understand the power of friendship.
I want Trigger to prove you wrong now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a shame Grouchio won't get his wish

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Grouchio posted:

I want Trigger to prove you wrong now.
They will, but by having another guy be the pilot while Hiro takes the front position.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They will, but by having another guy be the pilot while Hiro takes the front position.

Hirito is pretty cute, and it will motivate Ichigo to write slash fiction instead of worry about who pilots with who.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I rewatched ep 5 and it confirms how good this particular episode is in my mind. The scene of Ichigo yelling at 02 for being inhuman followed by the monstrously-framed 02 asking "what is "human" to you people?" followed by Ichigo and Goro having their little talk and simply being unable to process what we would consider basic human emotions due to their hosed up upbringing is really good.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 15, 2018

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
My favorite line from ep 5 is Hiro and 02’s exchange toward the end of the episode. “Make it rain again sometime. Oh wait, you can’t.”. Followed by Hiro saying something like “Actually I don’t know about that. Haven’t tried.” It’s a complete 180 from his position earlier in the episode where he said only Papa controls the rain. He’s learning to be more rebellious very rapidly and it makes his character a lot mire interesting than the generic MC he was shown to be in the first 3 episodes.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Preview for EP6 has a boss round in Revenge of the Titans, plain Franxx and is titled Darling in the Franxx. Now if this won't get things started.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Lurking Haro posted:

Preview for EP6 has a boss round in Revenge of the Titans, plain Franxx and is titled Darling in the Franxx. Now if this won't get things started.

My question is whether it keeps the current density of Gunbuster references through the point at which it is still feasible to reference Gunbuster in the way it has been doing thus far.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Merch

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There's probably someone in this thread who'll appreciate this, but a drawfag on /m/ (going under the tripcode Mistersouji) was asking for requests to give him stuff to draw and I saw a picture of Genista with her gun in a position that reminded me of Makoto flying on her broom in "Flying Witch", since I just finished watching it today so I requested he draw Genista flying on her gun like it was a broom. This is the result (so far):

The anon has said he's gonna do more work on it and that was just his progress after a few hours, but it's pretty cool. I imagine he'll probably color it since he's colored one or two others, but I'm hoping he'll add a generic sky background with a cloud or two in a wider shot to give some context (i.e. that she's in the air). There's probably someone else who liked both shows here who'll like it like me though.

tsob fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 17, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

tsob posted:

drawfag on /m/

:thunk:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm too used to the nomenclature and culture of /m/ after a dozen years or more posting there I suppose. Everything is XXXfag, be it namefag, tripfag, drawfag, etc.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

tsob posted:

I'm too used to the nomenclature and culture of /m/ after a dozen years or more posting there I suppose. Everything is XXXfag, be it namefag, tripfag, drawfag, etc.

That's not a good enough excuse to use it here. Please don't.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I was among those folks in the olden days. I try to go back to /m/ and it's impossible to talk about this show without people screaming that it's garbage and trying to say it's tanking in the ratings (they never post sources, ever.)
Makes me wonder what the ACTUAL ratings for it are, though. I certainly hope it's doing well enough that we can get damashii figures of all the robutts.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Diabetes Forecast posted:

I was among those folks in the olden days. I try to go back to /m/ and it's impossible to talk about this show without people screaming that it's garbage and trying to say it's tanking in the ratings (they never post sources, ever.)
Makes me wonder what the ACTUAL ratings for it are, though. I certainly hope it's doing well enough that we can get damashii figures of all the robutts.

It's pretty drat popular across the US and Europe, if Crunchyroll's maps of 'what are our most popular shows in each region' are to be believed. It seems popular among my anime-watching friends and acquaintances, too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When I wake up tomorrow I'd expect nothing less than a firestorm of an episode.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

tsob posted:

That they use the term for themselves doesn't make it not derogatory (not that you said that it did). No one should understand that better than goons, and 4chan was founded by goons.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Eela6 posted:

It's pretty drat popular across the US and Europe, if Crunchyroll's maps of 'what are our most popular shows in each region' are to be believed. It seems popular among my anime-watching friends and acquaintances, too.

western ratings matter 0 for success. tho franxxx probably does get the most fanart out of anything this season in japan, and it was number 10 in the only seasonal popularity poll ive seen. so probably doing decently

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
This episode, a thing happened.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Boksi posted:

This episode, a thing happened.
Define the thing in spoilers, so I don't have to check till subs are up. pull out my hair.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 17, 2018

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Grouchio posted:

Define the thing in spoilers, so I don't have to check till subs are up.

Eh, I don't want to actually spoil the big bits. But I will mention that it's been confirmed that Gutenberg comes after Mohorovicic.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
That ruled, this is a surprisingly wholesome show also.

I can already tell I’m gonna hate this blond gently caress.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
Okay, at this point I want an episode focusing on Dr. Franxx and why after making a series of sex powered robots he, for some reason decided "Now let's make them cute"

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
So Hiro is now the same thing as what ever Zero Two is, minus horns and eyeliner, right?

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

I think this more has to do with the mentality going into the Franxx with 02. He was all like "Imma pilot gud now" but didn't exactly say he wanted to pilot with 02 herself. This time he's owning up to being her partner and not leaving her alone and stuff, which could maybe be the reason why so many of her other pilots began to die after so many times in the seat. That's a pretty good message, to put your heart into it.

And speaking of heart, Futoshi and Kokoro are still my favorite pairing and I hope nothing bad ever happens to them ever.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

ignore me

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Understanding posted:

I think this more has to do with the mentality going into the Franxx with 02. He was all like "Imma pilot gud now" but didn't exactly say he wanted to pilot with 02 herself. This time he's owning up to being her partner and not leaving her alone and stuff, which could maybe be the reason why so many of her other pilots began to die after so many times in the seat. That's a pretty good message, to put your heart into it.

Well, I mean it could come down to good ol’ power of love, but the blue poo poo receding and his eyes turning red for a second implied to me that a bit of a physical transformation had occured. I’m assuming his blue tumor is gone, and whatever it was is just a part of him now.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I really like Ichigo's shift in facial expressions at the end. It really underscores how much she cares about Hiro.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Willias posted:

So Hiro is now the same thing as what ever Zero Two is, minus horns and eyeliner, right?

if this is true then this show is absolute fail. Get the kid some eyeliner!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The mass produced Franxx aren't very cute, actually.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

skasion posted:

That ruled, this is a surprisingly wholesome show also.

I can already tell I’m gonna hate this blond gently caress.
Whoever he is. Was he in the OP?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I really like Ichigo's shift in facial expressions at the end. It really underscores how much she cares about Hiro.

a good face

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I did like how much character they put into the way the different Franxx's moved.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

RME posted:

a good face

:agreed:

I really like this show.

Zorome cares about Hiro too. He's a good kid.

Priestly
Apr 26, 2008

Grouchio posted:

For a split second, yeah.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Priestly posted:

Uh...What's up with the creepy triplets in back with muzzles?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

nielsm posted:

The mass produced Franxx aren't very cute, actually.

While it continued the trend of brick-like subtlety, I actually really liked how the MP FRANXXes were all completely uniform and built entirely around using squad-based tactics with identical weapons. I also liked how they didn't fail because they were stupid, arrogant, or underpowered, they failed because they kicked so much rear end that they literally ran out of ammo/fuel. It always bothers me in mecha anime when a competent veteran squad gets murdered effortlessly to show the potential of the plucky misfit protagonists, so it was nice seeing them fail due to circumstances they couldn't affect and then survive the process with the help of our heroes.

There Bias Two posted:

Uh...What's up with the creepy triplets in back with muzzles?

I'd wager the smug girl in front is blondie's partner and the triplets are paired with the other three guys.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 17, 2018

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Credits list him as 9'α. I wonder who 9 iota is.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lurking Haro posted:

Credits list him as 9'α. I wonder who 9 iota is.

It's probably a different designation for 02 when she was with a different team. I'm betting they're all experimental part-humans of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Priestly posted:

hello there second arc antagonists

• Locked thread