Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

russian mind control tactics made people give small donations to bernie and outraise hillary

they're puttin racisms in the IPA to turn the freakin hipsters bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
"It's been said that politics is too important to be left to the consultants. While that might have been true 50 years ago, today politics is too important to be left to the voter. They have neither the time, nor the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Russian infiltration, Russian indoctrination, Russian subversion, and the international Russian conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious craft beer."

MizPiz has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Feb 17, 2018

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Edit: Accidental repost

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the russians tricked people into thinking they couldnt afford healthcare

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Shear Modulus posted:

the russians tricked people into thinking they couldnt afford healthcare
It's not because you actually couldn't, but because Russian enforcement of US copyright is lacking and therefor the lost revenue from Russian pirates made it so our economy is failing and our wonderful employers can't pay us due to not having that money.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/964877376613175296

extremely chris hayes voice: You’re getting closer....almost there...

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

It is entirely true that Russians spent millions tricking Americans that Jeb! was not the best, goodest boy and earned the class president of the United States spot fair and square. Their realization that he would restore decorum and fix all the problems by being the best behaved caused them to spend their entire economy backing a no-goodnik buster like Trump that said mean things

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

They tried the same poo poo during the primaries. "Bernie Sanders, why aren't you talking about the fact a Goldman Sachs employee donated $100 to your campaign? Bernie, why are you trying to hide the $420 donated by a coal mine owner?"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what is bernie sanders hiding in his tax returns?????

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how did bernie sanders afford a second house on a measley $350k senate salary? must be bribes from RUSSIA

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
That pool house was paid for by his thieving wife taking money from schools

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Bernie Sanders has been spotted RUNNING to catch a train. Where did he obtain the excess calories he uses to be able to run so fast? From RUSSIA?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

That pool house was paid for by his thieving wife taking money from schools

liberals cheering that republican witch hunt slash smear campaign that is even more trumped up than the benghazi committee witch hunt slash smear campaign is the most collaborator poo poo

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/964951856509308929

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jazerus posted:

source your quotes

or don't

that’s oc from noted Hillary clinton white knight bennyfranks. as you can easily observe he is dumb as gently caress.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

that’s oc from noted Hillary clinton white knight bennyfranks. as you can easily observe he is dumb as gently caress.
Poe's law

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

benny is a hoot

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jazerus posted:

the dynamics of congress are very romanesque now, yeah

conservatives and centrists ensuring that no relief to the poor occurs so that they can continue their wholesale looting undisturbed

basically what i'm saying is, i can't wait until bernie crosses the potomac with three legions

like crassus, trump is a real estate speculator whose invasion of iran will fail miserably, leading to bernieus maximus

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm a weaponized Russian piss meme

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

We are the good guys so we are justified in doing pretty much anything that furthers our dominance. -what liberals actually believe

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

liberals cheering that republican witch hunt slash smear campaign that is even more trumped up than the benghazi committee witch hunt slash smear campaign is the most collaborator poo poo
gotta have that fascism slavery

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh no, Joy Reid and that person who wears a Hillary flesh mask are saying bad things about Bernie?!?!?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

Oh no, Joy Reid and that person who wears a Hillary flesh mask are saying bad things about Bernie?!?!?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Venom Snake posted:

Hello everyone and welcome to another roaring episode of "Democrats keep losing to people with 30% approval ratings"! This time I'm going to actually try and keep the OP up to date

Venom Snake posted:

Venom Snake hosed around with this message at Jun 21, 2017 around 15:16

:sad:

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I understand you kids are upset you fell for Russian kompromat (despite NUMEROUS warnings), but let's try and come together for Democrats by November, alright?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

bennyfranks posted:

I understand you kids are upset you fell for Russian kompromat (despite NUMEROUS warnings), but let's try and come together for Democrats by November, alright?

subtle. i like it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So what's going on with Russia again?

How much money was this misinformation campaign funded?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bennyfranks posted:

Bernie looks forward to your support.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

So what's going on with Russia again?

How much money was this misinformation campaign funded?

Almost 1 MILLION dollars.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Hillary lost because a bunch of Russians posted Memes on facebook lmao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This meme in broken English that makes no loving sense is more appealing than my Abuela.

BTW Abuela is the most qualified candidate in history.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Someone needs to do something about those Russians who made Hillary collapse in broad daylight and then brainwashed all her surrogates into lying about it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
THE UNSTOPPABLE CLINTON MACHINE

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh gently caress that hits the spot man

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
the loogies were russians, also possibly the glass of water

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

my mans laffin about it

https://twitter.com/aintacrow/status/964955976502792198

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Modus Pwnens posted:

Someone needs to do something about those Russians who made Hillary collapse in broad daylight and then brainwashed all her surrogates into lying about it.

I'm sure they're looking in to the guy who filmed that to make sure he doesn't have a Russian sounding name.

That, plus their response, probably hurt her campaign several orders of magnitude more than any Facebook ads.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pre-photoshop "photoshops" are extremely my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
2016 was always going to be a raging tire fire. All the Russians did with these accounts was throw a bit of gasoline to make it burn hotter. Without being able to isolate any given social media component and its ripple effects, it's not clear as to what extent they had on the election and if there was any other actors doing similar things on other sites like Reddit or 4chan that could get pushed into other outlets.

• Locked thread